Author Topic: Tube equivalent  (Read 14115 times)

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tube equivalent
« Reply #30 on: Jan 14, 2013 at 11:10 AM »
ok jojo, ako rin nasa 500+ ang power tubes ko, nga lang pang TV....;D
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #31 on: Jan 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM »
ok jojo, ako rin nasa 500+ ang power tubes ko, nga lang pang TV....;D

nagsisiguro ka na din pala... ;D

aside from the 4 quads of 6CA7 I also got 2 quads of Svetlana EL34 and a quad of those Melody (China?) EL34s. a bucketful of 6SN7s from coin-based to metal-based to brown-based to black-based. geez they were really super hyped!

para kahit uugod-ugod na ako may tubo pa din ang amp ko... ;D

Offline dB10

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • karma does not discriminate
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Apr 14, 2014 at 08:12 AM »
Good day bros, I would like to solicit from our gurus advise on this query. Preamp is an Audible illusions Modulus 3 designed for 6922, would I be putting it's health at risk in using 6BQ7A tubes in the line stage? I read they are not direct equivalent but can work depending on the circuit (to which I am clueless) :-(

Any tips and advise would be greatly appreciated.
"...be careful & ready what you wish for, it may come true"

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7153
« Reply #33 on: Apr 15, 2014 at 06:45 AM »
Good day bros, I would like to solicit from our gurus advise on this query. Preamp is an Audible illusions Modulus 3 designed for 6922, would I be putting it's health at risk in using 6BQ7A tubes in the line stage? I read they are not direct equivalent but can work depending on the circuit (to which I am clueless) :-(

Any tips and advise would be greatly appreciated.

same pinout kaya pwede....the 6922 belongs to the 6dj8/ecc88/e88cc family, 6n23 is the Russian equivalent, 7dj8/pcc88 can also be used, the Russian 6n1p can also be tried but be careful since it draws more filament current, check with the manufacturer if that can be used in your amp...me nakita na akong nasunugan ng power supply traffo when he replaced all 6dj8's in his preamp will all 6n1p's...

6BQ7 and 6BK7 can also be tried....
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline dB10

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Apr 15, 2014 at 09:46 AM »
...me nakita na akong nasunugan ng power supply traffo when he replaced all 6dj8's in his preamp will all 6n1p's...

6BQ7 and 6BK7 can also be tried....

That's what I was afraid of sir, does the 6BQ7 draw more current or negligible ?

I am thinking since the Modulus prefers higher versions of 6992 ie sturdy russian 6992 / 6H23N and the likes, then it must have high current in its circuit.

Since 6BQ7A is a predecessor of 6DJ8 then it must be leaner and with its use in the Modulus it will just have a shorter life span and not get the Modulus in trouble....sorry noob knowledge and observations lang po :-) 

Thank you master Tony for taking your time to respond to my query, salamat po.

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Apr 15, 2014 at 10:43 AM »
of all those tubes mentioned, only the 6N1p have higher filament current demands about 2 to 1 ....
http://tdsl.duncanamps.com/show.php?des=6922
http://www.radiotechnika.hu/images/6N1P.pdf
so unless you are sure that your power traffo can take the added load, don't....;)
stay away from the 6N1P unless the manufacturer of your preamp can confirm it is okey to use...
so all the others are ok to use....
you can even try the 6CG7/6FQ7 in there...if you can find the 6KN8, or the Japanese 6R-RH8, you can try those as well...Gerry Sta Maria(523-7551) has some 6R-RH2 and you can ask him for a demo....:)
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline dB10

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Apr 15, 2014 at 11:09 AM »
Thanks master Tony, I will proceed as advised :-)

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jun 15, 2014 at 06:53 PM »
any updates?