Author Topic: Bose Speakers  (Read 197672 times)

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Bose 301 speaker placement help...Please are
« Reply #660 on: Feb 10, 2009 at 07:14 PM »
yes the tweeter and mid are tilted.  These are how ever "reflecting speakers" and the sound reflects through out (bouncing off walls  and the rest?).  In other words and how I see it ,( and I can be very wrong  :-[  )the tilted tweeter and mid are reflecting the same surface weather horizontal or vertical. 

I don' think it will give you the same result. Have you tried it? I actually did tried this before, wala lang trip lang... ;D  but I got a different result. The tweets are designed to toe-in for the viewer, so if you do it vertically the only way it will go is down or upward. Will it give you the space you were looking for if you were to do it vertically? I think the difference is only minimal.

Offline dannielsimone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #661 on: Feb 10, 2009 at 07:35 PM »
I don' think it will give you the same result. Have you tried it? I actually did tried this before, wala lang trip lang... ;D  but I got a different result. The tweets are designed to toe-in for the viewer, so if you do it vertically the only way it will go is down or upward. Will it give you the space you were looking for if you were to do it vertically? I think the difference is only minimal.
actually the horizontal "foot print" is almost twice that of the vertical and yes my space is really tight.
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #662 on: Feb 10, 2009 at 08:29 PM »
yes the tweeter and mid are tilted.  These are how ever "reflecting speakers" and the sound reflects through out (bouncing off walls  and the rest?).  In other words and how I see it ,( and I can be very wrong  :-[  )the tilted tweeter and mid are reflecting the same surface weather horizontal or vertical. 

the direct reflecting speakers are designed to bounce audio on the sides (through walls) ... not ceiling or floor

the units should have better sound reproduction on horizontal orientation ... just my opinion
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #663 on: Feb 13, 2009 at 05:02 PM »
the direct reflecting speakers are designed to bounce audio on the sides (through walls) ... not ceiling or floor

the units should have better sound reproduction on horizontal orientation ... just my opinion

Thanx.  Am still looking for an opinion from Bose owners but it seems that most of them are waiting for ground hogs day to voice there thoughts.   :D
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Bose 301 speaker placement help...Please
« Reply #664 on: Feb 13, 2009 at 10:13 PM »
from the day we bought them..they are placed horizontally and placed them near wall corners since that is what I have read because they are reflecting speakers..never thought of placing them vertically :D

Offline ganicru

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
Re: BOSE owners list your comments
« Reply #665 on: Mar 31, 2009 at 10:43 AM »
Hi

Got a questions what receiver should be a good partner for BOSE 901 series3?  Is this ideal for HT set-up or for audio?

Thanks

Hooked mine with NAD C372 (150wpc int amp) and NAD C545BEE cdp. Used also with ziller karaoke system during my daughter's victory party (Nurse board passser). Wow and lakas without distortion, buong buo ang tunog, dinig sa subdivision.... hehehe

Swerte ko talaga sa Bose, recently bought a mint condition Bose Acoustic Wave System I (P60K BN yung II), used to own by an American for 5years. Ganda pala tumunog nito, very impressive, lifelike sound level deep low end from a box, portable pa, pwede dalin sa outings. Enjoy ang family....
Panasonic PV70
Bose acoustimass 7, vcs10, mdl100x3
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline simonzaide

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #666 on: Apr 21, 2009 at 10:11 AM »
guys just an FYI be carefull of buying the in ear bose earphones in the market today since its flodded with knock offs. I was able to buy one for my wife abroad from a bose store and was suppose to purchase one yesterday for myself

buti nlng i examined it before buying. although the box looks similar. take not of the following

leather pouch should be the one with a zipper not the magnetic one

3.5 connector should be the L shaped not the flat one

i almost ended up throwing away hard earned money

Offline Benissimo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #667 on: Jun 07, 2009 at 06:09 PM »
I own an Acoustimass 10. Luma na pero ok na ok pa rin ang sound. It's a good investment.
Sony Bravia 32W550 & PS3
BOSE Acoustimas 10
Pioneer VSX-D859TX

Offline m0b1u5

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Music is everywhere... we just have to listen...
  • Liked:
« Reply #668 on: Jun 07, 2009 at 06:30 PM »
Just had a 601 Series 2 restored
Baffles needs additional touches though
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2009 at 06:30 PM by dennispm »
Know Thyself!

Offline muypogi

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #669 on: Jun 07, 2009 at 08:15 PM »
Bose Companion  speakers.  Expensive 2.0 desktop speakers (7k), but for the money and the minimal footprint on your desk, sound quality in nearfield applications is very impressive. Use it with an ipod with a dock connector adapter for best sound quality.  I had a T-amp + wharfedales for my initial office setup, but that one had to be cranked up loud to have good sound.  I settled on the Companion 2 since you don't need to play them loud to to hear the detail in the music.

But for serious listening at home, I'd steer clear from the Bose Lifestyle systems. . .

Offline ramsey

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #670 on: Jun 08, 2009 at 06:57 AM »
Namimiss ko yung Bose AM10 III namin dati. It can go loud without distorting.

Offline Benissimo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #671 on: Jun 08, 2009 at 06:02 PM »
^^ very true. To think na ang liit lang ng size ng cube speakers pero buo ang tunog.
Sony Bravia 32W550 & PS3
BOSE Acoustimas 10
Pioneer VSX-D859TX

Offline vinpan

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #672 on: Jun 10, 2009 at 07:25 PM »
I still have my first and last Bose product I ever owned: A Bose Spatial Receiver and a pair of 901 Series IV speakers.  A gift from my dad when I turned 15 back in the late 70s!  ;D

Though it has taken a back seat to my other systems in the house it still works when tasked, even after all these years! I think the receiver was ahead of it's time with a touch sensitive Bose logo as a power button. Both are still in great shape but the speakers have gone through at least three sets of surround replacements in the past. 

Keeping it for sentimental reasons  :D
It's identical to this setup: http://tucson.craigslist.org/ele/1164295652.html
If music be the food of love, play on!

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #673 on: Jun 17, 2009 at 02:15 PM »
Are there Bose cubes which can be connected to any brand receiver? (i.e. Yamaha, Denon. Onkyo, etc)

Or proprietary talaga yung amplifier niya? Thanks.

Offline audio_slave

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #674 on: Jun 25, 2009 at 04:37 PM »

Mga Sir,

Baka naman matulungan nyo naman ako para makabili ng Bose 901 s4 active Equalizer....

nawala kc sa bagahe ng pinauwi ko.

Salamat!

Offline bono vox

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #675 on: Jun 25, 2009 at 05:03 PM »
^oh, sobrang sayang naman yun... better inquire to bose phils.

Offline bono vox

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #676 on: Jun 29, 2009 at 02:12 PM »
question lang mga gurus...

how to connect the bose 901 and equalizer to my denon avr-3802?

tia  ;D

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • LOUD and CLEAR! Mabuhay ang mga PCCian na bagets!
  • Liked:
« Reply #677 on: Jun 29, 2009 at 03:29 PM »
question lang mga gurus...

how to connect the bose 901 and equalizer to my denon avr-3802?

tia  ;D

Use pre-out then main-in kung meron yung denon mo, if wala from the RCA audio L/R ng source (DVD, CD etc) to receiver/amp RCA inputs. take note its analog source so no use ang optical if your using it for HT purposes use a power amp.
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Pipho (pinoy photography) member

Offline bono vox

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #678 on: Jun 29, 2009 at 04:02 PM »
Use pre-out then main-in kung meron yung denon mo, if wala from the RCA audio L/R ng source (DVD, CD etc) to receiver/amp RCA inputs. take note its analog source so no use ang optical if your using it for HT purposes use a power amp.

thanks for the quick reply... try kong kinabit sa tape input ng receiver ko pero walang epek yung equalizer, wala yatang monitor out yung avr ko... is there any other way?  ;D

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #679 on: Jul 02, 2009 at 02:33 PM »
thanks for the quick reply... try kong kinabit sa tape input ng receiver ko pero walang epek yung equalizer, wala yatang monitor out yung avr ko... is there any other way?  ;D

analog source lang bro L/R before going sa mains pero make sure may power yung eq maganda kasi yan sa old school amp like JVC victor may pre out/in kasi yun.

bro check mo rin kung okey yung eq at hindi sira. usually try connecting a CD player sa active eq 901 then connect mo sa amp.
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Offline bono vox

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #680 on: Jul 03, 2009 at 09:07 AM »
analog source lang bro L/R before going sa mains pero make sure may power yung eq maganda kasi yan sa old school amp like JVC victor may pre out/in kasi yun.

bro check mo rin kung okey yung eq at hindi sira. usually try connecting a CD player sa active eq 901 then connect mo sa amp.

thanks, equalizer is working... to solve the problem and to make the bose 901/equalizer work, i just connected directly to one inputs (cd). actually i used this 901 series for audio only.  :D

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #681 on: Jul 03, 2009 at 01:39 PM »
thanks, equalizer is working... to solve the problem and to make the bose 901/equalizer work, i just connected directly to one inputs (cd). actually i used this 901 series for audio only.  :D

thats good to know. actually ive heard a 901 (series 4 ata yun) old school na fabric yung surrounds nung mga drivers. ang layo layo ng tunog niya compare sa AM series nila. too bad lang its not for sale. for keeps ata nung may ari. hes using lang a cd player then eq before going sa power amp. though hes using high end cables (AR) its really rumbles, but not too harsh sa ears. grabe sa clarity. oakwood finish pa.
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Offline bono vox

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #682 on: Jul 03, 2009 at 02:11 PM »
thats good to know. actually ive heard a 901 (series 4 ata yun) old school na fabric yung surrounds nung mga drivers. ang layo layo ng tunog niya compare sa AM series nila. too bad lang its not for sale. for keeps ata nung may ari. hes using lang a cd player then eq before going sa power amp. though hes using high end cables (AR) its really rumbles, but not too harsh sa ears. grabe sa clarity. oakwood finish pa.

yup sir, sinabi mo pa, malayong malayo talaga difference niya sa am series, really enjoying my new 901... actually lahat yata ng 901 series was made of natural wood finish.  :D
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2009 at 02:11 PM by bono vox »

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #683 on: Jul 05, 2009 at 07:29 PM »
yup sir, sinabi mo pa, malayong malayo talaga difference niya sa am series, really enjoying my new 901... actually lahat yata ng 901 series was made of natural wood finish.  :D

its really great, good for you to a have your 901's rubber surrounds pa rin ba gamit nila? sana ibalik yung fabric type tingin ko kasi mas matibay yun. compare sa rubber.

youll have years of service from those 901's for sure.

try mo gumamit ng 500/ch na power amp ang tindi parang live na live kahit walang DSP's
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Offline aries405

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: Bose Speakers
« Reply #684 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 07:44 PM »
i have a bose 301V driven by a sansui au alpha 607 amps... they sound awesome for me..

Offline jambeejay

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #685 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 12:51 PM »
Got Bose 201 series 5 L/R front, bose vcs 10 center, bose 161 L/R surround, mordaunt short sur. back and wharfedale sw 150 sub driven by yamaha rx n600 in a 6.1 set up... my evaluation is that the sound is 35% for music and 65% for movies it's really good in movies but now planning for any possible upgrade for best in music. 
What am I supposed to upgrade the avr or the speakers? My only option is to disposed either the yamaha rx n600 or the front speakers? pls advise  mga ht gurus.

ty

Offline trigo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #686 on: Dec 17, 2009 at 04:37 AM »
hi HT guru,

i have a bose acoustimas 15 (powered 5.1) that is producing a humming sound when everything if off except the speaker.  the humming (bass) sound disappears when i turn off the speaker or turn on the AV receiver.  any idea if my speaker is broken???

trigo

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #687 on: Dec 17, 2009 at 04:46 AM »
it would probably the amp section of your AM15 bass module.
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Offline Rakenrol

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #688 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 12:38 AM »
Mga Sir,

Just want to ask your opinions. What do you think of Bose acoustimass 6 series 3?

Salamat

Offline mikeer2002ph

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • What have you done today to make you feel PROUD?
  • Liked:
« Reply #689 on: Aug 27, 2010 at 12:30 PM »
My dad is a proud owner of a Bose AM5 and a pair of V100s (eleksis people have the nerve of telling me that those V100s are 'disposable' despite their high price tag)

I'm the unlucky guy tasked for its maintenance throughout the years.
Gay Stereophile
Kann HugoTT GSXMk2 LCDMX4 Elear EtherFlow MDRZ7
DACMagicPlus CA650A RB1582 LSi9 Aon3