Author Topic: Optical Media Board Requiring "Clearance" for Bluray/DVD importation  (Read 3793 times)

Offline dencio105

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 205
I received a call late last week from DHL saying that my package of 1 pc 4K Blu ray purchased from Amazon UK was held by Customs and was forwarded to the Optical Media Board (OMB) for proper clearance before it can be released. They then sent me an email with the draft of a letter to the OMD as follows:

"June 22, 2017

Atty. Anselmo B. Adriano
Chair and Chief Executive Officer
Optical Media Board
No. 35 Sct. Limbaga St.,
Bgy. Laging Handa, Quezon City 1103

Dear Sir,

With regards to OMB Memorandum Circular No. 2005-005 Memorandum Circular No. 2016-001 regarding regulation of importation of optical disc for personal use and importation of hard disk drives and optical media writers/drivers, we would like to see your approval on the release of my/our shipment under AWB NO.1434414344 with the following details:

Country of Origin/……………………....................., Angola

Pieces......................................................................, 1 pc

Media Format…………………………………………., DVD

Content (description).............................................., HP Recovery Software

Usage/Purpose of Importation..............................., For Recovery of My Personal Laptop

Attached to this email my Airway Bill and Invoice for your reference & My Identification Card

Your kind consideration regarding this matter is greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Juan Dela Cruz
Contact No: 0925-811-434"

Anybody here who have experienced the same thing? Apparently there was a memo to this effect dated June 28, 2016 but I believe I have made several blu ray purchases since that date but this is the first time that I encountered this.

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1431
yep. another brother we have here encountered that

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,214087.0.html

Offline viper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Dapat that OMB clearance should apply only on items of commercial quantity (i.e. more than 3 pcs of the same title). This is red tape.