Author Topic: Pinoy HORROR films!  (Read 54077 times)

Offline Adran

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pinoy HORROR films!
« Reply #60 on: Jan 12, 2008 at 01:48 AM »

Just to let you know nag e-exist  pa ang  "PAG SAPIT NG DILIM"  I have this movie sa VHS medyo mahina na nga lang ang sound pero oks. pa rin un na talaga ang sounds galing ito sa Premire Prod. pina transfer ko sa VHS from the original print.   

More Pinoy Horror Films that I wish the print is still available:

PAGSAPIT NG DILIM- Perla Bautista plays the manananggal in this creepy, excellent horror movie. Set in a barrio where she attacks at night and devour her victims. Boots Anson Roa and Dante Rivero complete the supporting cast. Check out the most horrifying scene where the manananggal attacked one of her victim inside the hospital through the window and Boots Anson Roa as the doctor was mistook by the folks in the barrio as the aswang.

KARUNUNGANG ITIM (Black Magic)- Ramon Zamora leads the cast while the others I already forgotten as he battles a creature that uses his tongue to eat pregnant women.

LANGIT, LUPA at IMPIYERNO- there is one unforgettable moment of shocking image where they show the visuals and visions of hell in this movie. Great visuals but still, I can't seem to find out who made the movie.

These three movies have been replayed over and over again in channel 13 back in the 80's.

Offline john m.

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Jan 12, 2008 at 04:06 PM »
Just to let you know nag e-exist  pa ang  "PAG SAPIT NG DILIM"  I have this movie sa VHS medyo mahina na nga lang ang sound pero oks. pa rin un na talaga ang sounds galing ito sa Premire Prod. pina transfer ko sa VHS from the original print.   

mr. adran.

pwede pong malaman ang mga titles nang inyong collections?

thank you

Offline sosy_high

• Collector
  • Missing you...
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Jan 14, 2008 at 03:43 PM »
thegoodbyeguy, napanuod mo ba yung Top 10 Scariest Pinoy Horror films ng ANG PINAKA? paki post naman if ever...thanks!

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Jan 15, 2008 at 01:38 AM »
thegoodbyeguy, napanuod mo ba yung Top 10 Scariest Pinoy Horror films ng ANG PINAKA? paki post naman if ever...thanks!

Sure sosy_high. ;) I did watch that episode and was featured last October 29, 2006. Let's put it na lang dito sa thread na 'to.

Here's the list of ANG PINAKA-SCARIEST PINOY HORROR MOVIES:

10. HAPLOS
             9. GUMISING KA, MARUJA (Susan Roces starrer)
             8. ALAPAAP
             7. HALIMAW SA BANGA
             6. SUKOB
             5. SIGAW
             4. SHAKE, RATTLE AND ROLL 2
             3. SHAKE, RATTLE AND ROLL
             2. FENG SHUI
             1. PATAYIN MO SA SINDAK SI BARBARA (Susan Roces starrer, of course).

The list is very debatable. I mean, FENG SHUI and SUKOB? SHAKE part 2 has this one good episode starring Manilyn Reynes and Ana Roces about an Aswang-infested barrio, the remaining two episodes are laughable. I would have included in the list: Romy Suzara's SA INIT NG APOY (has some references with THE EVIL DEAD), PAGSAPIT NG DILIM, GABI NG LAGIM, GABI NG LAGIM NGAYON. I'm sure I would include more deserving films but some titles slipped my mind.

What's your take on the films listed? What's your very own list?

« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2008 at 02:50 AM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Jan 15, 2008 at 10:57 AM »
Sukob and Feng Shui? That's just wrong. Not sure about Alapaap,too. Pasiyam should be there. Number 6, at least, or higher.

Offline Noel_Vera

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm afraid of the quiet man
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 88
« Reply #65 on: Jan 15, 2008 at 01:14 PM »
And what about the Gerry de Leon movies? Terror is a Man? Dugo ng Vampira?

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jan 15, 2008 at 06:30 PM »
They missed a handful of horror films from the 60's to the 70's but I do agree on the top one spot. PATAYIN MO SA SINDAK SI BARBARA has pure shock value and flawless technical craftmanship that can beat even THE EXORCIST & THE OMEN combined.

The last showdown between Susan and Rosanna Ortiz will truly make you scream at the edge of your seat.

Offline Adran

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jan 16, 2008 at 10:18 AM »
mr. adran.

pwede pong malaman ang mga titles nang inyong collections?

thank you

About 300  mga comedy, drama,  fantasy and horror.

Here r some titles:

Ligaw na Bulaklak (alma m)
Disgrasyada (Rio l.)
Pag sapit ng Dilim ( gina p. perla b. boots a.)
Panday  1 2 3 and animated series ( fpj)
Darna  films
Dyesebel films
Gumising Ka Maruja (susan R.)
Maligno (susan r)
Teribol Dobol (  vilma s. chiquito)
Gemma ang Babaing Kidlat ( Evangeline P.)
Beba the Mermaid (lotis k.)
Diyosa (rita g.)
Kung Ako'y iiwan Mo (nora a.)
Wonder Vi (vilma s)
Huwag Kang Mamangka sa Dalawang Ilog ( alma m. gloria d.)
and more

Offline sosy_high

• Collector
  • Missing you...
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 08:49 PM »
thanks, thegoodbyeguy!

I thought Mike De Leon's ITIM will be included in the list, also PASIYAM and MALIGNO

I'm glad that SIGAW make it to the list. The movie scared the hell out of me

Offline Begman

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Jan 17, 2008 at 09:05 PM »

About 300  mga comedy, drama,  fantasy and horror.

Here r some titles:

Ligaw na Bulaklak (alma m)
Disgrasyada (Rio l.)
Pag sapit ng Dilim ( gina p. perla b. boots a.)
Panday  1 2 3 and animated series ( fpj)
Darna  films
Dyesebel films
Gumising Ka Maruja (susan R.)
Maligno (susan r)
Teribol Dobol (  vilma s. chiquito)
Gemma ang Babaing Kidlat ( Evangeline P.)
Beba the Mermaid (lotis k.)
Diyosa (rita g.)
Kung Ako'y iiwan Mo (nora a.)
Wonder Vi (vilma s)
Huwag Kang Mamangka sa Dalawang Ilog ( alma m. gloria d.)
and more

Hi Adran. I would just like to know if you have Lipad Darna Lipad in your collection. Is your wonder vi in dvd? Do you also have the other fantasy films like Phantom Lady, Super Gee, Super Girl, Popeye and Fantastika? Thanks.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Jan 25, 2008 at 03:52 PM »
thanks, thegoodbyeguy!

You're welcome sosy_high!

I thought Mike De Leon's ITIM will be included in the list, also PASIYAM and MALIGNO

I'm glad that SIGAW make it to the list. The movie scared the hell out of me

Yes, the list is very debatable. I was not really happy with the list.

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Jan 25, 2008 at 06:36 PM »
And what about the Gerry de Leon movies? Terror is a Man? Dugo ng Vampira?

Even Gerry de Leon's BAKIT DUGO ANG KULAY NG GABI was not included.

Offline john m.

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 03:49 PM »
MAYROON PONG MOVIE SI LIZA LORENA...SOMETHING ABOUT PUGOT NA ULO...ANO PO ANG TITLE NITO...THANKS

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 08:17 PM »
it's the Ulo Ng Apo Episode from the omnibus horror film Daigdig Ng Sindak At Lagim

http://sari-saringsinengpinoy.blogspot.com/2006/10/sa-madilim-at-mahiwagang-daigdig-ng.html

Offline john m.

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Feb 11, 2008 at 11:26 AM »
it's the Ulo Ng Apo Episode from the omnibus horror film Daigdig Ng Sindak At Lagim

http://sari-saringsinengpinoy.blogspot.com/2006/10/sa-madilim-at-mahiwagang-daigdig-ng.html

thank you very much.

Isa pa...pwede...Di ba horror din...yong kay ate guy...yung "magandang gabi sa inyong lahat"...tama ba

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Feb 12, 2008 at 01:19 AM »

thank you very much.

Isa pa...pwede...Di ba horror din...yong kay ate guy...yung "magandang gabi sa inyong lahat"...tama ba

For me, it's more like a supernatural love story. Even though there're ghosts throughout the movie, it still focuses more on the love angle of Nora and Tirso.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 01:34 PM »
"Sundo" from GMA Films, starring Robin Padilla, Sunshine Dizon, Katrina Halili and Rhian Ramos...synopsis of the movie is -- "Final Destination"...

"Seven passengers on a trip to Manila escape death and their respective "sundo" by a twist of fate. Soon, they realize that the price they have to pay for gambling with the spirit of tragedy is the hardest and most ruthless battle they will ever come to face."

See? It's a "Final Destination" wannabe...

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 01:41 PM »
Actually that plotline is way older than Final Destination. Millennium had an episode that had this premise, for one. Final Destination was a wannabe too. 

Sundo is Topel Lee, right? Didn't think much of Ouija but I'd probably see this.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 08:24 PM »
Yup, Topel Lee is the director of this movie...

Offline ayeeh

• Apprentice
  • hoy! hoy! hoy! hoy! hoy! hoy!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #79 on: Jan 28, 2009 at 10:08 PM »
sa init ng apoy... rudy fernandez... george estregan... dick israel.. lorna tolentino... one word... creepy!

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Jan 29, 2009 at 03:28 AM »
sa init ng apoy... rudy fernandez... george estregan... dick israel.. lorna tolentino... one word... creepy!

Definitely a true pinoy scary flick in the '80's. I used to watch its reruns on IBC-13 then saw it again years later when it was aired via cable back when CINEMA ONE was PINOY BLOCKBUSTER. I was disappointed when the movie never made it in ANG PINAKA-SCARIEST PINOY HORROR MOVIES episode before. SUKOB and the likes are definitely more popular that made it on the list but very lame compare to this one. I wonder who were the voice behind the diabolical laugh of Lorna when she was possessed. The theme 'Apoy' sung by Anthony Castelo and Imelda Papin was in a way unforgettable, too. Hopefully it will be released on an original video.

« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2009 at 03:36 AM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Feb 18, 2009 at 01:52 PM »
SUNDO TRAILER
GMA Films ... Starring Robin Padilla, Katrina Halili, Rhian Ramos, Hero Angeles, Mark Bautista and Sunshine Dizon ... Directed by Topel Lee

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Feb 20, 2009 at 03:08 AM »
SUNDO TRAILER
GMA Films ... Starring Robin Padilla, Katrina Halili, Rhian Ramos, Hero Angeles, Mark Bautista and Sunshine Dizon ... Directed by Topel Lee

Hoping this one will deliver even though the trailer wasn't that engaging.

Offline lee1009

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Jan 26, 2010 at 01:22 PM »
How about "Akin Ang Walang Diyos" episode of Lovingly Yours Helen The Movie. I think that serves as the last film of the late Julie Vega.

I have a copy of this film.  :)

Offline lee1009

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Jan 26, 2010 at 01:37 PM »
Is that "gabi ng lagim" already on CD? btw bro, who starred in that movie? In B&W pa yan di ba? Can i possibly borrow that bro? tnx  ;D

I think I have a digital copy of this. Is this the one who has different episodes and one episode is just like a pair of hands, then FPJ and the rest of the gang in a haunted house?

Offline lee1009

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Jan 26, 2010 at 01:39 PM »
DAIGDIG NG SINDAK AT LAGIM, yun pala ang title nang movie na ito...! I remember seeing this on ABS-CBN in the early 90's.  And take note it was shown in the afternoon! I think i was in 5th grade then. I like the 1st episode, with the socialites trapped inside a haunted house. The ending of this episode in particular was very creepy. this is the scene where they discover the dead bodies, i swear i can almost smell the rotting flesh! The episode with Liza Lorena is also very creepy, kasi it deals with shrunken heads yata.  Of course the segments with Rita Gomez, who could forget that voice! I also found Alkitrang Dugo frightening, being just a schoolboy at that time, it was a frightening thought being marooned on an island and be killed by your classmates.

Does anyone has a copy of this? di ko na ito inabutan hehehe, pero I am very much interested in watching this. I am also looking for the film of Gabby Concepcion wherein he played like a vampire or a demonic creature. It is under Seiko Films if I am not mistaken.

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #86 on: Aug 04, 2010 at 05:14 AM »
just thought id start this thread up again,though baka OT ako:  :P

any suggestion on where you can buy some of the pinoy horror flicks listed here?

please PM me. thanks!

Offline lee1009

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Aug 09, 2010 at 05:05 PM »
The one im referring to a Gabby Concepcion film was Huwag Kang Hahalik Sa Diyablo.

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 465
« Reply #88 on: Aug 11, 2010 at 04:13 PM »
I don't know if it's horror per se, but I loved Haplos starring Vilma, Christopher de Leon and Rio Locsin. Boyet is caught in a love triangle between health worker Vilma and provincial lass Rio who... **spolier** turs out to be a ghost who was killed by the Japanese in WWII! Best line for me was when Boyet and Rio met in the cemetery and Rio asked where Boyet was from. Boyet: Galing akong Saudi. Rio: Saudi? May Hapon din dun?

I also loved Diosa starring Lorna Tolentino and Lloyd Samartino. Lorna is a vengeful encantada out to ruin the lives of all the male descendants of the conquistador who stole her treasure. Forget the baduy special effects. The concept is so rooted in Pinoy folklore! Wish we could do this again...

Offline R2

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Aug 12, 2010 at 10:32 PM »
Even Gerry de Leon's BAKIT DUGO ANG KULAY NG GABI was not included.
@keating, I think the correct title of that one is Kulay Dugo Ang Gabi. Unless you're referring to a Danny Zialcita film, which usually would have a convoluted title like this (ie Bakit Manipis Ang Ulap?, Bakit Madalas Ang Tibok Ng Puso?, etc). But then again, I'm not sure if Zialcita ever dabbled in the horror/thriller genre?