Author Topic: Very affordable FULL HD AVision LCD Available now at Sights and Sounds  (Read 78578 times)

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Is it also P37k for straight charge?

how about the warranty sir?

Straight at P38850.

Warranty by Logitech Marketing, the local distributor of AVision.  :D
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2010 at 06:53 PM by E-reply »

Offline weightlifter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • no pain no gain....geeky bodybuilders rule!!!
  • Liked:
i have a 26 inch model and i am very very satisfied with the picture!!!  the price that i paid for it?...hold your collective breaths 16k 12 months zero interest at electronics botique.  now searching for an equally inexpensive hd dvd player!

Offline weightlifter

• Apprentice
  • no pain no gain....geeky bodybuilders rule!!!
  • Liked:
how about the warranty sir?

12 months warranty against defects.  funny manual - good english at the beginning slowly deteriorating into chinglish towards the latter pages

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
i have a 26 inch model and i am very very satisfied with the picture!!!  the price that i paid for it?...hold your collective breaths 16k 12 months zero interest at electronics botique.  now searching for an equally inexpensive hd dvd player!

Or maybe get a PS3 and/or an NMT.  :D

Offline WideScreen

• Apprentice
  • Get ur own movie!
  • Liked:
During the weekend, I revisited a AV store & tested the 42AL69 with some 720p & 1080p materials. With limited time, here are some of my personal observations:

The positives first. It's a pleasure to view this HD LCD esp with 1080p source. I'm pleased to say even under normal bright lighting condition in the store, its black level is really deep! So black that it appears like the LCD black frame. For 720p material, it is upscaled to the display native resolution 1080p resulting in satisfactory PQ. With 1080p, this is where the LCD PQ shines!

This LCD has good anti-judder but resulting in movies "film-like" become "video-like" (it looks more true-to-life). Some folks may not like this esp for Hollywood films. Such "video-like" effects will suit nature documentary e.g. Planet Earth, etc. I didn't check if this feature can be turn off/on.

So far the only negative I notice is though the unit refresh rate is at 120Hz, while playing fast scenes it suffers motion-blur. Yes, at fast action scenes it will become more obvious.

Overall, I still like this LCD very much though it's not perfect. At such price level, it's easier to overlook & forgive some of the inherited weaknesses. :)

Hello. I bought this unit last weekend and so far very much satisfied. Thanks PCHIN. Your review helped me decide if i'll buy this unit. :)

Anw, I also bought a media player to complement the TV. S&S staff recommended Xtremer as it is their latest brand/model. During the setup, I learned that media player's HDMI video output setting is configurable and that it can only support up to "1080p 60Hz", no options for 120Hz. I believe this is the reason for the motion blur.

PCHIN, does your media player supports 120Hz? What brand?

E-REPLY, are there any media player that supports 120Hz? Your staff sold me a "latest" model yet does not support 120Hz.

Offline Borgz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
I also got one from sir Vic last saturday. Thank you for a great item at a great price.

This monitor does offer value for money: a better option for weighing between 60hz to the ridiculously priced 200-240hz monitors

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Hello. I bought this unit last weekend and so far very much satisfied. Thanks PCHIN. Your review helped me decide if i'll buy this unit. :)

Anw, I also bought a media player to complement the TV. S&S staff recommended Xtremer as it is their latest brand/model. During the setup, I learned that media player's HDMI video output setting is configurable and that it can only support up to "1080p 60Hz", no options for 120Hz. I believe this is the reason for the motion blur.

E-REPLY, are there any media player that supports 120Hz? Your staff sold me a "latest" model yet does not support 120Hz.

Congrat bro for your new purchase! I'm sure you will enjoy it for many years to come. ;)

I'm using a Cinema Tube NMT. Currently, there is no NMT that can be forced to output at 120Hz. The most common is 720p or 1080p/60Hz. The 120Hz I was referring is the AVision LCD refresh rate, not from the NMT player.

*The higher refresh rate 120Hz is meant to reduce motion blur & judder.
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2010 at 08:50 PM by pchin »

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

We still do not have media player that support 120HZ, but I do believe this issue has been taken by the media player manufacturing companies. I am sure sooner there will be a firmware update to support 120Hz.  :)

By the way, thank you for all the people who bought Avision from our shop. Happy viewing to all of you!  :D
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2010 at 08:38 PM by E-reply »

Offline WideScreen

• Apprentice
  • Get ur own movie!
  • Liked:
Well that settles it. Maybe there's compatibility issue between the TV with 120Hz refresh rate and the player that can only output 60Hz. :)  Thanks PCHIN and E-REPLY.

BTW, Mr E-REPLY, your staff gave me a 'list'. Can you quote me on 1TB HDsk (cash and card)? Pa-PM na lang po. Thanks again.

Offline symbian74

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Saw a promo where you can get a 32" and a 19" model, all for the low price of P22,950. Meron bang similar promo ang SnS? Either for the 32" or the 42" models. :D
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2010 at 03:58 PM by symbian74 »

Offline c.a.

• Collector
  • Liked:
Saw a promo where you can get a 32" and a 19" model, all for the low price of P22,950. Meron bang similar promo ang SnS? Either for the 32" or the 42" models. :D

sounds interesting, where is these promo offered? thanks!
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2010 at 06:24 PM by c.a. »

Offline fly13

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
sounds interesting, where is these promo offered? thanks!
sights and sound kasama rin sa promo nung mabasa ko rin yun sa isang techie site.
'm wondering lang kung ilang Hz yung 32" at 19". Nagb-blur kaya pag high speed ang motion?

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Yes, Sights and Sounds offers

AVision Bundled Promo:

32" LCD TV and 19" LCD TV for only P22,950. cash. FREE wall mount for 32".

Promo period: March 15 to April 30, 2010.

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
sights and sound kasama rin sa promo nung mabasa ko rin yun sa isang techie site.
'm wondering lang kung ilang Hz yung 32" at 19". Nagb-blur kaya pag high speed ang motion?

The blur is visible, but it is an awesome deal at this promo price. AVsion TVs is great for secondary rooms. People buy this package for children's room, guest room, and nook.

Offline mojako

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
How does this compare to the Ovation LCDs?

Offline symbian74

• Collector
  • Liked:

I'm also interested to know how these two stack up. I hope one of the frequent reviewers will get to compare them side by side.

Offline tokaides

• Apprentice
  • Liked:

just found it.

Offline Blade

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
At present, the biggest size is 42", but I am sure the Supplier will surely introduce big size also. AVison has now in the market 22", 25" ,32", and full hd 42". Will keep you posted once the other sizes are available.  :D
how much for the 22" lcd...
been scouting for 22"s for the kid's room...
thanks..
 8)

Offline symbian74

• Collector
  • Liked:
thanks..
 8)

In the ad in the post above yours, it says 10,950 for the 22AL58.  ;D

Offline jed_z1030

• Collector
  • starting all over again...
  • Liked:
thanks..
 8)

can i use it mainly as a computer monitor rather that a tv, say 80% monitor use and 20% tv use...

Offline symbian74

• Collector
  • Liked:
can i use it mainly as a computer monitor rather that a tv, say 80% monitor use and 20% tv use...

You could, I suppose. It is essentially an LCD monitor with a tuner.

Offline Blade

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
In the ad in the post above yours, it says 10,950 for the 22AL58.  ;D
uy tenks bro...
websense kasi dito opis yung mga pics...
enewei tnx for the heads-up...
 8)

Offline symbian74

• Collector
  • Liked:
uy tenks bro...
websense kasi dito opis yung mga pics...
enewei tnx for the heads-up...
 8)

Glad to be of help. :) Darn websense. Hehehe

Offline jed_z1030

• Collector
  • starting all over again...
  • Liked:
You could, I suppose. It is essentially an LCD monitor with a tuner.

hhmmm...pwede....
thanks symbian74

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

I'm also interested to know how these two stack up. I hope one of the frequent reviewers will get to compare them side by side.

Both Avision and Ovation 32" have almost same quality picture. However, for 42" size, Avision comes out better color. And since Avision has 120hz motion flow feature, it delivers very smooth picture without blur on fast motion movie.  :)

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
thanks..
 8)

We sell 22" AVision at P9800.  :)

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
New Promo from AVision:

Buy 42" 42AL69 with 22" 22AL58 for only P40950.

Buy 32" 32AL58 with 19" 19AL58 for only P22950.

Promo ends May 15, 2010 or while supply lasts.

Offline Jude

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Went into Sights and Sounds planning to get the LG LH35, came out with the 2 AVisions for 1 deal! Great service by the staff, even though it took us around 30 minutes deciding between the LG and AVision, then deciding between the 42 and 32, then fussing over the payment scheme. Quite happy so far, the 19 inch works great as a PC monitor, while the 32 inch looks great playing DVDs and downloaded shows (via HDMI on my laptop or our DVD's USB reader). Of course, in comparison to the other branded LED/Plasma TVs in the shop, it's picture quality can't really compete. But back in our condo it blows our old CRT and smaller LCD monitor away!

Offline dips15

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
How much is the 26" if cash?  Based on the ad, am I correct to assume that only the 42" is full hd and 120hz?  About the USB playability, can it play xvid files or jpeg and mp3s lang?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2010 at 12:44 PM by dips15 »

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
Up for Sir Vic. ;)