Author Topic: MY-SHOPPINGBOX.COM  (Read 60065 times)

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
MY-SHOPPINGBOX.COM
« on: Sep 08, 2009 at 11:56 PM »
An alternative for us who shop online... ;D

Shop Online U.S.A. and Ship to Your Doorstep, anywhere in the Philippines
Take advantage of the various promos, sale and mark-downs in the U.S. to find out how,

click: http://www.my-shoppingbox.com

Offline Stark3

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: MY-SHOPPINGBOX.COM
« Reply #1 on: Sep 09, 2009 at 08:46 AM »
One thing to note about myshoppingbox is that there's a yearly fee involved with their services, on top of the shipping fees that they charge.

Even with the yearly fee tho, I think it's worth taking a look at. One thing I like about them is that they offer a per pound charging for their ocean freight. The per balikbayan box model of other services like Johnny Air seems a bit limiting to me, as it would force me to make several purchases at a time just so "sulit" yung fee na binayad ko.

Note : Yes, I have an account at MSB. :D

Offline ment

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 09, 2009 at 09:08 AM »
parang okay :)

hmmmm .... $8.50 per pound for laptops. ..... so kung 3 Kilos laptop including box (guesstimate) = $56.10

multiply by Php 49.00 per $1 equals 2,748.90 ....... tapus zero tax???

pwede ;D

Offline ment

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 09, 2009 at 09:17 AM »
"mySHOPPINGBOX will handle customs formalities in Manila which is also part of the service provided on a door-to-door basis. Packages not of commercial quantity are declared as Personal Effects and not subject to duties or taxes."

so ........... kung bumili ako one or two unit Digicam thru this facility, they will be declared as personal effects right?? so no custom duties and taxes will be charged?
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2009 at 10:24 AM by ment »

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 09, 2009 at 10:07 PM »
"mySHOPPINGBOX will handle customs formalities in Manila which is also part of the service provided on a door-to-door basis. Packages not of commercial quantity are declared as Personal Effects and not subject to duties or taxes."

so ........... kung bumili ako one or two unit Digicam thru this facility, they will be declared as personal effects right?? so no custom duties and taxes will be charged?

Yup...that's the way it seems to be. The best thing about it is they deliver right at your door step. ;D

Offline Stark3

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2009 at 02:01 PM »

Yeah, this is one of the things I confirmed with their sales agents before signing up for their service.

Offline chris69ners

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • "If u shake it more than twice, ur playin with it"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 07:44 AM »
Is it possible to order a big screen tv from amazon, 100lbs shipping weight, be delivered to the US msb address, and MSB will be the one to ship and deliver to my doorstep?
« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2009 at 09:34 AM by chris69ners »
7.2 / Wharfe9 / HK245 / Sony 65X7500D / Philips5986 / Sony RackSys / DQ12x2 / Xtreamer Elvira

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #7 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 09:25 AM »
this is interesting... anyways... anybody knows how long it has been in business...? we dont want any fly-by-night... $25 may be small... pero shempre... it still is $25!

another thing.. would you have the option to choose your shipping method? option 1 or 2?

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 11:11 AM »
Is it possible to order a big screen tv from amazon, 100lbs shipping weight, be delivered to the US msb address, and MSB will be the one to ship and deliver to my doorstep?

The site indicates that TVs can only be seafreighted.  Mas mura ang shipping rates pero ang tagal ng period na kakaba-kaba-kaba.

Can someone explain this plain and simple?   How come shipping companies can declare (electronic) goods for Personal Use and be exempted from importation duties (legally?) while individual travelers can't get away with that?

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 11:16 AM »
Sounds like a good alternative to Johnny Air which I have been using since 2000
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 11:25 AM »
The site indicates that TVs can only be seafreighted.  Mas mura ang shipping rates pero ang tagal ng period na kakaba-kaba-kaba.

Can someone explain this plain and simple?   How come shipping companies can declare (electronic) goods for Personal Use and be exempted from importation duties (legally?) while individual travelers can't get away with that?

grease money?   :D

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 11:33 AM »
grease money?   :D

So how the hell can they proudly make that statement in their website eh?    ;D

why not write. "The price includes all costs and expenses related to Customs Formalities, including importation duties if applicable".  hehehe.

« Last Edit: Sep 11, 2009 at 11:35 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 11:38 PM »
this is interesting... anyways... anybody knows how long it has been in business...? we dont want any fly-by-night... $25 may be small... pero shempre... it still is $25!

another thing.. would you have the option to choose your shipping method? option 1 or 2?

Brader Waxx, yes...you can choose your shipping method, either air or sea. I will try this soon, just finalizing my purchases before I sign up. ;D

Offline ment

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Sep 12, 2009 at 05:54 AM »

probably merun kaunting tax but mas lower when declared as personal effects. am just floating the idea lang po as I also have no idea about this.

i just made a trial order from amazon. to be shipped to my subscribed address :) so far ok kasi amazon did not charge me tax unlike pag pinadala ko sa New York. will update everyone on the progress of my trial order/shipment as the item is still en route

Offline Stark3

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Sep 12, 2009 at 02:23 PM »
I'll give feedback too in a month's or so time. I used the service to ship over some electronics by ocean freight.

So far, so good though. The items I got from ebay and audiogon were both successfully delivered to my subscribed address, which were then immediately reflected in my online my-shoppingbox account. Just have to wait for 43 or so more days ...

Offline ment

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Sep 12, 2009 at 08:24 PM »
cool :) will wait for that too .....

LCD ba yan? its so cheaper over there in the states am thinking to save some and get another one next year. cost breakdown is appreciated too :)

Offline Stark3

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Sep 13, 2009 at 01:38 PM »
cool :) will wait for that too .....

LCD ba yan? its so cheaper over there in the states am thinking to save some and get another one next year. cost breakdown is appreciated too :)

Nah. Some electronics to round out my home theater setup. A 5 channel power amp and a pre/pro weighing in at 40 lbs and 23 lbs respectively. All in all, $160 for ocean freight.

Offline ment

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Sep 16, 2009 at 06:42 AM »
just got my computation yesterday ...

for two blurays ...... Home alone and the NASA Missions ......  I was charged $11 shipping :(

JAC Seems cheaper pa din ..... which is why I am disappointed right now

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Sep 16, 2009 at 11:23 AM »

for two blurays ...... Home alone and the NASA Missions ......  I was charged $11 shipping :(

maybe they didnt send it as one package? or 1? $11 shipping is $5.50 x 2.. so maybe they counted it as 2 items instead of bundling it together?

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Sep 16, 2009 at 11:34 AM »

Isn't that what JAC charges also?  $6 for 1 pound then $5 handling fee....only no $25 initial fee.

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 11:40 AM »
i recently signed up for their services.. got myself some pswii60 accessories.. my total amazon bill was $59..  total volume weight was 7 lbs x $8.50 = 59.50... mas mahal pa yung shipping kesa actual ...

mas mahal nga dito sa msb... mas ok parin jac..

i guess it would work pag dvds lang ipapadala and non electronic items.. para 5.50 ang rate per lb...

Offline ment

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 12:28 PM »

maybe they didnt send it as one package? or 1? $11 shipping is $5.50 x 2.. so maybe they counted it as 2 items instead of bundling it together?

no sir ... it arrived as one package ....

I asked their customer service beforehand the condition of the packaging and its appropriate charge .... kaya when I ordered sa Amazon .... I made sure na it will be shipped as one packaging :)

Offline ment

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 01:05 PM »
Isn't that what JAC charges also?  $6 for 1 pound then $5 handling fee....only no $25 initial fee.

This is how they compute it .... weight by volume sila. Unlike Jac parang based sila sa shipping weight talaga .....

Quoting the internet website ng My-shoppingbox.com:
The weight of each package is computed on the basis of actual gross weight or dimensional or volumetric weight, whichever is higher. The formula for the dimensional weight is length X width X height divided by 166. This is automatically computed by the mySHOPPINGBOX website whenever a package is received for a Subscriber.

my package is 9.5" x 7.5" x 3.5"

Thus :   Volume weight = (9.5 x 7.5 x 3.5) / 166
                                = 1.50 lbs by volume or two pounds

Shipping Cost = two pounds x $5.50 (by Air pinili ko)
                                = $ 11.00

hay .... dapat maninipis lang pagkaka pack ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2009 at 01:09 PM by ment »

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #23 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 01:14 PM »
This is how they compute it .... weight by volume sila. Unlike Jac parang based sila sa shipping weight talaga .....

Quoting the internet website ng My-shoppingbox.com:
my package is 9.5" x 7.5" x 3.5"

Thus :   Volume weight = (9.5 x 7.5 x 3.5) / 166
                                = 1.50 lbs by volume or two pounds

Shipping Cost = two pounds x $5.50 (by Air pinili ko)
                                = $ 11.00

hay .... dapat maninipis lang pagkaka pack ;D

JAC also charges whichever is higher, volume weight or actual weight.. same din computation nila for volume weight..
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline ment

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 01:16 PM »
i recently signed up for their services.. got myself some pswii60 accessories.. my total amazon bill was $59..  total volume weight was 7 lbs x $8.50 = 59.50... mas mahal pa yung shipping kesa actual ...

mas mahal nga dito sa msb... mas ok parin jac..

i guess it would work pag dvds lang ipapadala and non electronic items.. para 5.50 ang rate per lb...

yes pwede .....

Baka din kaya dahil sa Door-to-Door siya? AFAIK pag Door-to-Door Service ng JAC mas mahal nga ata .....

I believe they also charge a certain premium for electronics..... Now if only I can get the packaging size beforehand ..... :(

Offline ment

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 01:20 PM »
JAC also charges whichever is higher, volume weight or actual weight.. same din computation nila for volume weight..

thank you doc ....

so in that case the rate is almost the same ..... just without the subscription fee

Oh well :) No use crying over spilled milk ..... I just hope their service would be as top-notched as JAC ..... Then I'll be happier :)

Offline ment

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 01:24 PM »
it just dawned upon me na yung dimension na binigay niya ay kasama yung  mga trim edges lang ng packing ng Amazon .... :(

Badtrip ......

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Sep 17, 2009 at 03:19 PM »
onga e.. at least its an 'educational' investment for me...

lets see.. they might improve over time.. lets hope so..

ive been emailing them e.. so far walang response.. hahahaha

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Sep 25, 2009 at 11:59 AM »
i got my items just this morning..

has anybody of you had their items repacked?

i mean.. i got it with a scanned amazon doc shipping invoice.. the box was non amazon and the items are inside..

naiisip ko lang.. what if.. amazon's box was smaller... cant they ship it as is.. ala jac?

kasi repacking them gives them the liberty of packing it in a bigger box = bigger charges

parang unethical if they do this..

Offline Stark3

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Sep 25, 2009 at 01:53 PM »
i got my items just this morning..

has anybody of you had their items repacked?

i mean.. i got it with a scanned amazon doc shipping invoice.. the box was non amazon and the items are inside..

naiisip ko lang.. what if.. amazon's box was smaller... cant they ship it as is.. ala jac?

kasi repacking them gives them the liberty of packing it in a bigger box = bigger charges

parang unethical if they do this..

Hmmm ... have you checked if your items' shipping weight was calculated using the original or with their repackaging? Unless they provide you the choice to not repackage the items, parang masagwa nga ang dating.

On a side note, I'm still waiting for my items. Ocean freight is definitely cheaper, but it can also drive you up the walls with all the waiting.