Author Topic: MY-SHOPPINGBOX.COM  (Read 60060 times)

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
Re: MY-SHOPPINGBOX.COM
« Reply #60 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 02:23 AM »
guys, ano pagka interpret nyo? they will ship the item without surcharge if we dont declare it? pero pag nagkasabit (confiscate or hold ng customs) they will pay only $100?

medyo nawalan naman ako ng gana sa msb kung ganon... parang as with others, they take advantage of the hot items..

i dunno, kasi whats the difference between ipad and a netbook or a laptop? diba its all the same?

Yup! That's the way I understood it as well brader Waxx. Looks like they really take advantage of what's "HOT" right now. :)

Right now, the difference between and iPad and a notebook/laptop is that the former is new in the market, that's it! :)

Although, I think I know the reason why they apply a surcharge for "HOT" and new items. Alam mo naman dito sa Pinas, if its new and valuable, mainit talaga sa mata ng taong nagtra-trabaho sa customs. If your iPad is held and customs confiscates it for one reason or another, MSB can pay you back the declared amount thru the surcharge. I guess it's there way of saving their ass in the end. :)

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #61 on: Apr 12, 2010 at 09:52 AM »
oh well, i guess its either they save their ass or they get profit... cant blame them for our customs people...

Offline Siti211

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #62 on: Apr 15, 2010 at 10:28 PM »

...An iPad without any value declaration will be classified just like any electronic item, charged at class 2 rate for air. This means that if the shipping weight is 3 lbs., then the amount of shipping by air will be computed as follows:

3 lbs. x $8.50 = $ 25.50
(our maximum liability in case the item is stolen or lost will be limited to $100.00)

However, if there is a declared value of $700.00, for example, the item will be subject to a 1 time weight surcharge, with final charges computed as follows:

3 lbs. x 2 = 6 lbs. x $8.50 = $51.00 plus insurance of $24.00= $74.00...

I don't get the surchage AND insurance in the 2nd computation.  Bakit may surcharge pa if they ask you to pay for insurance anyway.  Why not get the 1st computation ($25.50) then add insurance nalang para pag nawala, you're still insured for the actual price of your product. Ya think?

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Apr 16, 2010 at 12:28 AM »
ayun.. nga sir, ok sana ang msb.. pero medyo na turn off ako paglabas ng ipad

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2010 at 09:17 AM »
update on msb.

for the second time this year, i received an order not in its original box. this time around it was placed in a box for a different msb client. i quickly emailed them and here's their response and mine (in red)...

dear msb:

my latest order of 5 bluray discs (number 100000002966) was not shipped in its original box.. the label of the box was addressed to a certain: jo ann t dizon.

i have emailed amazon and they have assured me that they did not ship 5pcs blurays in a big box, i quote the email i got from amazon customer service:

Amazon's efforts to reduce packaging waste don't stop with Frustration-Free Packaging. For instance, we've developed software that determines the "right-sized" box for any given item based on dimension and weight.

As a result, we've achieved a dramatic reduction in the number of packages shipped in over-sized boxes, significantly reducing waste; our goal is to always have the product ship in the "right-sized" box.

in the regard, can you check the real dimensions of the box that amazon shipped my items in, this is the second time this has happend, the first time was one of my earlier orders with you wherein the items i ordered from amazon were repacked in a different box.

i expect a recomputation of the charges if indeed amazon will send me the right dimensions of the box they shipped my items in.

johnny tan

To: Waxx Tan <[email protected]>
Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 12:13:13 AM
Subject: Re: not my original box

Dear Johnny Tan,

Thanks for your email.

Your item was packed in box measuring, :10 x 7 x 5.5 in., which weighed 1.7 lbs., as shown in the description of goods, in your Shoppingbox.

Based on the dimensions, the volume  weight is 2.319 lbs., which is then rounded-up to 3 lbs., as the Shipping Weight.

Handling charges by air was computed at 3 lbs. x $5.50=$16.50, which is exactly the amount you paid.

Please rest assured that you were not charged more than what the actual packaging was, when the goods were received in our Burbank facilities, which is in accordance with our published rates.

Sincerely,

MY-SHOPPINGBOX.COM

msb:

again, i would never know and verify unless i see the box amazon shipped it in no? i have encountered the same predicament during the early times that i first got my orders from amazon. it wasnt shipped in the amazon original box, the box that was used was a different box without amazon label, was below the quality of the sturdiness for shipping and the dimensions used for that box was the one that was charged to me, i even got a photograph of that said box that you used for my orders.

again, what proof can i have that the box that was used to ship my items in the box that you specified? i have here a box from amazon (based on previous orders) measuring 10x8x4  (1.93 lbs) which could easily fit the 5 items that i ordered. how can i be assured that amazon didnt use that specific box??

i would like to make myself believe your word that you are charging me accordingly, however without proof, i cant help not cast a shadow of doubt on the kind of practices your company is doing. unless you can give me substantial evidence and locate the original box used to ship my items, then im sorry to inform you that i will have to bring the business i give you elsewhere.

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2010 at 02:08 AM »
parang tama ang unang hinala ko dito...kinakarga ng tao yan.

pero pag nagkasabit (confiscate or hold ng customs) they will pay only $100?

sa airport posible mangyari yan and not sa PO

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2010 at 05:40 PM »
theyre at it again..

im so disgusted with their service..

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Waxx Tan <[email protected]> wrote:
can you check if item is indeed 3.lbs? it only contains band of brothers bluray...

as per your computed receipt, the package weight in kg is .800  dimensions in cm is 26 x 17 x 12.

computed thats 1.94lbs and 9 x 6.5 x 4.5

so why was i charged 3lbs?

this is consignment number:

johnny tan

To: Waxx Tan <[email protected]>
Sent: Tue, May 25, 2010 1:52:23 PM
Subject: Re: computation

Dear Johnny Tan

Your package originally weighed 2.6 lbs. Rounded-up, in accordance with our Rates, you were charged based on 3 lbs.

Inner wrap and fillers were discarded during customs examination in Manila, which as a result you received a package much lighter than it was, originally.

Please let us know if you need any additional information or assistance.

Sincerely,

MY-SHOPPINGBOX.COM

inner wrap and fillers weigh .6lbs? what did they use? rocks?

please lang ms aura.. sagutin mo na kasi email proposal ko sa inyo.. i want so much to use johnny air cargo...

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2010 at 05:55 PM »
Regret to hear about your predicament Waxx esp the incident where the whole Amazon box/packaging was replaced by another box...gosh! :o Now that another incident occurred again perhaps it's time you could try JAC again where are many satisfied regular members over the years.

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2010 at 08:18 PM »
definitely wont renew my subscription with msb.. im not satisfied with their explanation. too shady... how would fillers weigh .6 lbs? incidentally,the package i got still had paper fillers..now i wonder what they would claim..they put their own fillers?

Offline ment

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Sep 05, 2010 at 02:40 PM »
^^^ just reading this now..... wow ....

In all my shipping never had any problem.... all package came in their original boxes and packagings... even BD's

i even had two laptops shipped to here thru them :P all just the past three months

And now I have another laptop coming in. Problem is natmbre lang sa akin na 10% mahigpit na customs ..... kaya daw baka magka problem ngayun ang mga ganitong services like my-shoppingbox.

sheeez ....... kung alam ko lang di nako sana nagparating :(

Offline marche

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Oct 01, 2010 at 09:32 PM »
I was charged 4 lbs volumetric (actually 3.02lbs, rounded up to 4 lbs) for a flat package (starcraft2 inside) just because they attempted to measure the envelope like a package (volumetric weight).

After an email complaint from me, I was contacted by a Mr. Vega, (seems like a top level manager at MSB, or SKynet perhaps) and he said that it happens because the people assigned to do the measuring in the US are not complying with their request to maybe fold the envelope or use a little more common sense when inputting the values in the system.

at any rate, he gave me a credit for the 3 lbs so I'll be expecting it the next shipment.

but regarding the non-original box, it happened to me twice before (the boxes are cutout from bigger boxes), I assume that they did it because what I shipped is small compared to the box.. but there really isn't any way for us to know if they actually increased the box size to earn more for them...

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Oct 02, 2010 at 08:35 AM »
buti ka pa kinontak.. me after numerous complaints from them, wala man lang nag contact or rebate sa akin... and to think more than $2000 accumulated gross sales nakukuha nila sa akin in just 6 months. but inayos ayos naman nila ang pagweigh nila. gone are the 1lb "paper" weight.

i always make it a point to re weight and recalculate the box dimensions that comes in.  i make it a point to check that the box was the original one sent by the merchant. di sila makakalusot sa akin.

Offline razmaTaz

• Trade Count: (+198)
  • Apprentice
  • "Make sure of the more important things."
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Oct 11, 2010 at 01:51 PM »
hello sirs. i bumped upon this thread while googling about myshoppingbox.com coz my wife and i are interested with their 'right-at-your-doorstep' delivery and without any add'l taxes and duties. i see that some of you have been having problems with msb and are often referring to "JAC" as still a better choice. sorry for the question, but can you sirs please enlighten me what is this "JAC"? tried googling it but i get confused with the varying results.

thanks a lot!

Offline Lopio

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Oct 11, 2010 at 02:12 PM »
hello sirs. i bumped upon this thread while googling about myshoppingbox.com coz my wife and i are interested with their 'right-at-your-doorstep' delivery and without any add'l taxes and duties. i see that some of you have been having problems with msb and are often referring to "JAC" as still a better choice. sorry for the question, but can you sirs please enlighten me what is this "JAC"? tried googling it but i get confused with the varying results.

thanks a lot!

Johnny Air Cargo.
Denon 1610
PolkAudio TSI 300
PolkAudio CS 20
PolkAudio OWM 3
Velodyne Impact 12
PS 3

Offline razmaTaz

• Trade Count: (+198)
  • Apprentice
  • "Make sure of the more important things."
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Oct 11, 2010 at 03:12 PM »
^

thanks po!

Offline ment

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 08:04 AM »
lesson learned .... never buy Lego sa States :P hihihih

Mas sulit pa yung padala kong Onkyo .... $20 dollars lang minahal pero mabigat naman .... yung lego its the volume that kills :P

Offline lulumad_18

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Apr 27, 2011 at 11:27 PM »
We've tried My-Shopping Box's services and it sucks!

I ordered some cheap scrapbooking items just to try their services.

I was so happy that the items got delivered that I ordered more and had them sent to MSB.

However, almost all the other items got delivered, except for this one item. I e-mailed them, got a reply 3-4 days after telling me that they'd look on it. Days passed, I received no reply. I then called their Manila office, who told me that they'd investigate on it and that they'd call me back later that day. I never received a call back.
I sent e-mails again and as usual, they replied only after a week and told me that they never received the item and that I should talk to the merchant. The thing is, I already forwarded them my conversation thread with the merchant and even attached the USPS tracking report saying that it has been delivered to them, when I contacted them! Obviously, they didn't even read and understood my message!

The USPS tracking report obviously stated that the item has been delivered to them, but they refuse to acknowledge it.

If I can't even trust them with a P500.00 worth of an item, how can I trust them with higher valued ones?! You guys can continue to try their services at your own risk, but I am definitely not recommending them to anybody! It's going to be a month now and my item still hasn't been found. They said on ther FAQs that they'd pay for items that get lost under their custody, but they wouldn't. They will just tell you that they never received it, even if it has been clearly stated on the delivery report that it has been delivered to them.

I've also been e-mailing them and have either been getting a week long reply or none at all, so I just keep on e-mailing them.

Guys, I'm telling you based on our experiences, MY-SHOPPING BOX SUCKS AND IS DEFINITELY NOT TRUSTWORTHY. There are other more reliable shipping companies who also have good customer service and are much more worth the prices that you pay for shipping.

Offline lord_randal

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Apr 28, 2011 at 03:59 AM »
Oh wow. I thought I'm the only one who has a bad experience with MSB. Last September 2010, I received an email from BDO stating that "virtual card" holders are entitled to a free one year subscription and shipping fee rebates to My Shopping Box so I availed the promotion. I bought 3 PS3 games from Amazon and had them forwarded via MSB. I was very glad that I got my package relatively quickly. Their rates are lower (disregarding the annual fee since I didn't have to pay for that) than JAC and they offer delivery to my location, which is very convenient.

However, when I opened the package, I was very disappointed to see a slit on the Blu-ray disc case stacked on top near the opening flap of the box. It was a long slit which is obviously due to careless opening of the box with a blade. I checked the case and found out that though there's a long indented line in there, it didn't cut through. So I thought I'll just try to sell it and just replace the copy (since I'm quite particular with disc cases). Then I checked the other 2 discs cases and I was shocked to see that the game stacked at the bottom had a slit that cut through the transparent cover. I immediately sent them an email; then called them, etc. but up 'til now--I've replaced the games already--my complaint is still unresolved.

Here's a picture of what happened to the disc case:

Now I'm having my stuff forwarded through Pobox. It takes longer but they've got great service.

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Apr 28, 2011 at 08:58 AM »
yeah, msb is a pain.  right  now i think users (including me) are experiencing problems logging in.

medyo convenient lang sila in terms of:

payment (online cc charged by USD)
delivery (right to your doorstep)
logistics tracking (online status)
no premium electronic fees (ie. ipad; laptop; etc)
no IATA based conversion
no handling fee

cons:

slower than jac  10-12 days ang msb.
annual fee of $25 (this is probably the same for jac's handling fee. but 10 shipments would equal to jac's handling fee)

ive been pleading for jac. kung kaya lang nila sabayan talaga ang presyo ng msb and online tracking and online cc payment. id definitely shift without a question.

mahal ko ang jac. ang msb medyo kups.. pero importante sa akin online payment kasi and logistics.

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Apr 28, 2011 at 10:51 AM »
got this email from msb after sending them 2 emails coz i couldnt login

Dear xxxxx

We regret that our servers had suffered a serious outage while works were being conducted during the past Easter holidays. This incident has greatly affected our online and email processes.

Efforts are currently in progress to restore the system with its back-up, and we expect to return to normal operations by 3:00 PM of April 28, Manila time.

The system has in the meantime randomly reset your password. With your User Name, please log in using the following password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Once you have logged in, kindly change your password and update your personal contact information.

Should you still have difficulties or need assistance in accessing or updating your account, please call us at 833-1289, and ask for Sheryll, Jane or Centh.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences this incident has caused you, and rest assured that additional back-ups are being put in place to avoid this incident in the future.

Sincerely,

MY-SHOPPINGBOX.COM

baka naman PSN network ang services nila  ;D

Offline Berx007

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Jan 02, 2013 at 10:02 AM »
My Shopping Box DOES NOT know its business. The Christmas holidays is supposed to be the time for sending gifts, yet MSB does not maintain even a skeleton staff to handle receipts or queries during this time when they're supposed to be working double time. Had a package delivered by Amazon to my MSB U.S. address last Dec. 29, yet 3 days later this hasn't been reflected as received in my MSB account. Called up MSB's local office and who do I get to talk to? A SECURITY GUARD! He says it'll be January 2 when MSB staff will report for work. In the meantime, my package stays in limbo in the U.S. I'll raise he'll if they charge me storage fees!

Offline haki.user

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Jan 22, 2013 at 10:15 AM »
Many shippers fail to give you consistent amount or fee for your items to be delivered. Kadalasan niyan mga worker nila problema, pag tinatanong mo kung san2 ka din ituturo. Had a bad experienced with msb, they’re pain in the ass. So what i did is to look for online shopping site here in the phils. And my friend  recommended Galleon.ph., ok sila ahh. Madami na ding online shop dito sa pinas. Nakakasawa na tumambay sa customs at mag-iinit ulo mo sa ibabayad mo sa tax!. atleast sa mga Online Shops sila na bahala sa customs,taxes and door-to-door service. try niyo din!. it helped me alot.  O0

Offline azzileur

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #82 on: Nov 07, 2016 at 04:22 PM »
Unang tikim ko sa kanila...
Oct. 30 - Authorized for shipping
Nov. 5 - Delivered to my doorstep
Amazing!  Makakaulit sa akin 'tong mga 'to!

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #83 on: Nov 07, 2016 at 04:29 PM »
Unang tikim ko sa kanila...
Oct. 30 - Authorized for shipping
Nov. 5 - Delivered to my doorstep
Amazing!  Makakaulit sa akin 'tong mga 'to!
6 days by air! Record holder nga. Hehe! What size ng box and how much?

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Offline azzileur

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Nov 07, 2016 at 04:39 PM »
Small item lang, yung packaging medyo similar sa Transpacks (plastic) ni LBC.  1lb volumetric, class2 package, $8.50.

6 days by air! Record holder nga. Hehe! What size ng box and how much?

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #85 on: Nov 07, 2016 at 05:47 PM »
Small item lang, yung packaging medyo similar sa Transpacks (plastic) ni LBC.  1lb volumetric, class2 package, $8.50.
Sa iba sir $11-13. Mura yan sir. What's class 2 package?
All in na ang $8.50?

Offline Waxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Nov 07, 2016 at 06:12 PM »
bilis sayo..ako laging 10 to 12days.. but consistent
« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2016 at 09:47 AM by Waxx »

Offline azzileur

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Nov 08, 2016 at 07:43 AM »
Pag by air, may classes pa sila depende sa item, at iba rin ang rates per class.  Yes, all-in na yung $8.50.
https://my-shoppingbox.com/client/#/rates

Sa iba sir $11-13. Mura yan sir. What's class 2 package?
All in na ang $8.50?

Offline reeves24

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • "LUCK is when preparations meets opportunity."
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Nov 08, 2016 at 08:50 AM »
I,ve tried MSB for 3x now, 14-16 days delivery.

Offline house_rn

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #89 on: Nov 23, 2016 at 09:31 AM »
I've been using msb for 2 yrs now so far no problem. Hope u guys can share more experiences with them.