Author Topic: Xtreamer eTRAYz - Full NAS, Web Server, Downloading, Sharing and much more  (Read 142508 times)

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
***  03/05/2010 - Watch out for the eTRAYz + Xtreamer Summer Bundle on PinoyDVD ***

The perfect companion for
your Media Player

What follows is pretty long... but quite interesting.

Excerpts from the Xtreamer Official Forum (forum.xtreamer.net)
(with some minor editing to improve readability)

We find that a true, comprehensive solution to your media streaming/sharing needs cannot be met if only based on a limited-power, embedded RTL solution that is not optimized for networking. More than once, we read your requests for powerful apps that necessarily consume a very big amount of CPU power and necessitates the device to stay in idle mode (and therefore heat up). We believe that without a powerful network-based solution that will allow you the power, freedom and features you may require, it will be very hard to get the maximum power out of your Xtreamer. The problem was you had to pay 200 or more euro for a NAS solution that was not necessarily optimized for your Xtreamer.

We proudly introduce you to the Xtreamer eTRAYz - an affordable 2-Bay, up to 4 Terabyte solution that incorporates a very small, ultra compact solution with a price that will result in you being able to enjoy both worlds of NAS and HD media playback at less than the price of one alternative Media player. Each solution of course can stand on its own.

FAQ

Q. Will the eTRAYz be compatible with future models of Xtreamer media players ?
A. Yes.

Q. Will the eTRAYz be compatible with Windows 7 ?
A. Yes

Q. Is the unit is same as Mvix USA Mvixbox WDN-2000 ?
A. NO. It is totally new. different software solution based on new concepts, new more powerful chipset , more memory, Windows 7 and Snow Leopard OSX compliance and a more attractive price tag. The new eTRAYz introduces some new, revolutionary features never seen before on any other NAS solution in the market. Neither MvixBox or any Synology or Qnap devices have or can have these features as all are patented by our company.

Q. How can the eTRAYz be so cheap in comparison to Synology and QNAP ?
A. The Xtreamer project is backed up by one of the biggest manufacturers in the CE (computer equipment)  industry. We simply decided to be not as greedy and come up again with a very good ratio of specs/power/functionlaity/value for money ratio. That is the core essence of the Xtreamer project. Soon you can expect Xtreamer Netbooks (like eePC, AcerONE etc), Xtreamer IP cam (Pan and tilt with h.264 1080p) . We will keep our task to continue offer xXtreamer clients good products for very attractive price and value for money. Don't assume the eTRAYz to be some low-quality Chinese NAS / web disk solution. It is one of the most powerful NAS solutions you can find in the market today with a very impressive spec sheet and functionalities you should read about below.

Q. Can i connect the eTRAYz wirlelessly to my netowrk ?

A. Yes. the same Wireless 802.11n USB antenna will work for your eTRAYz. Maybe you will need now more than 1 antenna ;-)

Q. How compact is the Xtreamer eTRAYz ?
A. The dimensions of the Xtreamer are of an ultra-compact device: 17.5 x 8 x 12 cm.

Q. Does the eTRAYz have a one click copy button ?
A. Yes. In the back of the device you will find it. You will be able to click it and copy from USB disk-on-key to the eTRAYz with one click of a button.

Q. Does the eTRAYz support Giga Lan port ?
A. Yes, as well as 2 additional USB 2.0 ports located at the back panel .

Q. Is the eTRAYz noisy ?
A. No. Nearly totally silent device with very efficient 40mm mutli-speed fan with temperature sensor.

Q. What does eTRAYz stand for ?
A. The new Xtreamer eTRAYz NAS incorporates revolutionary features that allow you to use your 2 bay NAS (4 Terabyte) like Disk-on-key or any external portable USB storage you have. By simple login from any PC environment that is connected to the internet, you will see your NAS as a local drive in your Windows / MAC environment. The result will be that you will be able to see your NAS HDD drives as local HDDs even when you are away from home. Anywhere, anytime. Imagine a personal device with DropBox capablities, with unlimited bandwidth and storage space.

Q. Does the eTRAYz have a web interface?
A. Yes. you will be able to access and manage your NAS via the normal file explorer of your OS or via a web browser with Windows-style user's interface and advanced features including sub-folder privilege settings, multiple files upload and download that is oriented to ease of use to non-power users.

Q. Does the eTRAYz supportsUPnP, SMB and NFS ?
A. Yes. the device supports both UPnP and SMB as well as NFS and was optimized specifically for media playback in general and for Xtreamer in particular.

Q. What protocols do the eTRAYz support?
A. The eTRAYz supports CIFS, FTP, NFS, Telnet/SSH

Q. Does the eTRAYz support firmware upgrades ?
A. Yes. It is fully Firmware Upgradable.

Q. Does the eTRAYz support RAID ?
A. The Xtreamer eTRAYz is a designed to serve as large-capacity RAID 0 and reliable RAID 1 device.

Q. Does the eTRAYz support backup functionality ?
A. The eTRAYz allows users to back up files from any PC or device attached to it. It even allows backups to external hard drives via USB, with flexible scheduling options.

Q. Does the eTRAYz support IP CAM surveillance functionality ?
A. Yes . Soon you will be introduced to our new Xtreamer PTZ IP CAM based on H.264 1080p resolution. the Xtreamer cam will allow you watch it on your TV through your media player and it provides you with an easy and economical network video recording solution. By connecting Xtreamer or Axis IP cameras to the network and configuring the cameras in the eTRAYz you can watch the live-view of monitored area on a real-time basis, and schedule video recording in Continuous Recording Mode, Motion Detection Mode, or Alarm Recording Mode. In addition, you will be able to review the recorded video clips by searching or browsing the convenient Time Line bar. The eTRAYz supports upto 99 IP cameras .

Q. When will the new Xtreamer PTZ 1080p H.264 Camera be announced ?
A. Our ETA is before christmas 2009. it will be offered only to Xtreamer clients.

Q. Will the eTRAYz allow me to install a website or PHP based apps ?
A. Yes. the eTRAYz incorporates a fully featured Apache web server; PHP+MySQL + PHPmyAdmin is built in to easily build and host up to 30 websites.

Q. Can the eTRAYz serve as a print server ?
A. Yes. The eTRAYZ supports LPR, CIFS, AppleTalk . It will allow you to connect it upto 2 USB printers and share them through your entire netowrk. With Add Printer Wizard, users can easily finish the printer setup within few clicks.

Q. What do you mean by Jdownloader engine ?
A. The eTRAYz was developed after long research of HTTP based downloding. The eTRAYz will be able to take out the downloading tasks from your PC, to a dedicated device that will handle it all for you. It supports Rapidshare, Megaupload, Storage.to, Megashares, Hotfile.com, Netload.in file factory auto downloading management for both premium and un-registered accounts. You will be able to simply right click your mouse and send the download task to the eTRAYz that will even urar/unzip your files for you. Multiple download and clipboard monitoring is of course supported.

Q. What do you mean by Rapidshare-like gateway ?
A. It means you will be able to use your eTRAYz as your own private Rapidshare server. You will be able to give your friends and clients your DDnS name and they will be able to upload you files without requiring you to setup for them a dedicated account inside your NAS (you will be able to do that also). If you decide to login to your device web gateway you will be able to upload your files with this gateway and even share links to files stored in your eTRAYz HDD.

Q. Can I share URL links to files stored in my eTRAYz ?
A. Yes. your will be able to right click on any file stored in your eTRAYz and copy its unique URL link to MSN/email or chat window. The recieving party will be able to click the file and download it from your eTRAYz while you as an administraor can ofcourse limit this function to your requirement.

Q. Can I share photos with the eTRAYz ?
A. Yes. The photo album function of the Xtreamer introduce you similar functionalities of Picasa and Synology photo station.  You will be able to share your photos and videos over the Internet. With almost unlimited capacity, you can store as many photos and videos depending on the size of the hard drives installed. All you need to do is first organize your photos or videos into folders and then upload the folders to the "photo" shared folder on the eTRAYz. Once folders are uploaded on the server, albums will be organized automatically, with proper thumbnails for easy browsing.

Q. Can the eTRAYz serve as iTunes Server ?
A. Yes. The eTrayz can work as an iTunes Server to share music within the local network. You can simply install iTunes on your PC or MAC computers and use iTunes as a jukebox to browse or listen to the music you stored on your eTRAYz HDD. After enabling the iTunes Server, iTunes will recognize the eTRAYz as an iTunes client under SHARED. Therefore, you can share your music to others via iTunes without spending time to download files.

Q. Can the eTRAYz manage my torrent downloads ?
A. Yes. if the eTRAYz installed next to your router you can turn off the desktop computer while files are being downloaded/uploaded on the eTRAYz. It was optimized for Mininova, Isohunt, Torrentz servers and will operate for you as a 24/7 BitTorrent, FTP, or HTTP download center.

Q. Does the eTRAYz supports NZB ?
A. Not as yet. it is in our roadmap and will be introduced later.

Q. Does the eTRAYz supports RSS ?
A. Yes. you will be able to both read or create RSS feed for your eTRAYz blog and news.

Q is the eTRAYz ECO friendly ?
A. Yes. eTRAYz was designed and developed perpetually with the concept of energy saving. Compared with average PC counterparts, the eTRAYZ consumes a relatively low amount of power and hibernates when not in use. This not only helps to save energy but also extends the lifespan of the hard disk.

Q. What new functions can we expect in the next month after launch ?

A. We already started several projects to support Mail Server, SqueezeCenter and an integrated plug-in like Webalizer

Est. price is under P9,000.  If we pool orders for a minimum of 50 units,
it may be possible to go below P8,000

Group buy, anybody?
« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2010 at 09:23 AM by Bitstream »

Offline francisco22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
I want one!  ;D

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
How much the estimated price? Will its features work with other NMTs/media players (not necessarily as seamlessly as with the xtreamer)?

Offline leftover

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
The perfect companion for your
Xtreamer Media Player

FAQ

Q. Will the eTRAYz be compatible with future models of Xtreamer media players ?
A. Yes.

hmmm...this caught my attention. Ano kaya bago sa future models? ::)

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
How much the estimated price? Will its features work with other NMTs/media players (not necessarily as seamlessly as with the xtreamer)?

I've just indicated an estimated price at the bottom of the first post.

From the big boss at Xtreamer:
eTRAYz has been designed for Xtreamer media player customers only.

But he also stated:
It is a fully functional stand alone device that has similar functionalities to any Qnap or Synology (NAS).

I'll give him a buzz to get more info.
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2009 at 10:28 AM by Bitstream »

Offline cHess

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Nice... ;)

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
I've just indicated an estimated price at the bottom of the first post.

From the big boss at Xtreamer:
eTRAYz has been designed for Xtreamer media player customers only.

But he also stated:
It is a fully functional stand alone device that has similar functionalities to any Qnap or Synology (NAS).

I'll give him a buzz to get more info.

As long as it's fully functional just like any NAS I think that would be fine.  :) I wonder what special features  it will have that will work with the xtreamer only. ...

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Even Xtreamer owners would prefer compatibility with other NMTs since some might own older NMTs that would also have to access this.  But if its like QNAP or Synology it should be ok.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
General consensus in the Xtreamer Live Chat is that the eTRAYz should work fine with other media players.

It does make sense.  Xtreamer would not lock itself out of the market by tying the eTRAYz to just one media player.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
eTRAYz Screenshots
« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2009 at 08:09 PM »
 A couple of screenshots of the eTRAYz user interface

Hmm.. anybody know how these images can be enlarged?

Offline gunblade977

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10

Nice GUI! May tentative date na ba pagdating dito sa Pinas?

Regarding the pix size, I think the site has a limit to the pix being displayed, just right click and "View image" should show the pix in full resolution.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Nice GUI! May tentative date na ba pagdating dito sa Pinas?

Regarding the pix size, I think the site has a limit to the pix being displayed, just right click and "View image" should show the pix in full resolution.

Galing ng right-click and "view image"!  I would never have thought of that! :o

No shipping sked from the manufacturer yet - should be this November though, because the IP cameras (for surveillance) are slated for release in December.

eTRAYz will be available in the Philippines if there is sufficient interest in it. 

Offline Beefy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Is there anything special about this box? How is it different from the other budget NAS like DLink?

Offline obelix

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
the 9000 price includes the HDDs?

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
the 9000 price includes the HDDs?

Nope.  No HDD's at that price. 

Offline obelix

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
I thought so, it looks like a good NAS replacement plus may video playback pa :)

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
eTRAYz videos on new Xtreamer homepage
« Reply #17 on: Nov 02, 2009 at 03:55 PM »
The Xtreamer homepage has changed quite a bit.

Check out new eTRAYz videos at www.xtreamer.net

Owning an eTRAYz has many benefits that extend beyond the world of entertainment.
The neat videos show us how we can justify buying one  ;D

Offline leumas

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
yng ip camera po ba  wireless? or wired?

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
yng ip camera po ba  wireless? or wired?

No product information has been released yet. I expect more than one model - both wireless and wired cams.

Offline gunblade977

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
The Xtreamer homepage has changed quite a bit.

Check out new eTRAYz videos at www.xtreamer.net

Owning an eTRAYz has many benefits that extend beyond the world of entertainment.
The neat videos show us how we can justify buying one  ;D

wow! saw the "added" features/specs, really looks promising, sana may launch date na sa pinas ;D

Offline leumas

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
No product information has been released yet. I expect more than one model - both wireless and wired cams.

nice! Can't wait for it to be available. :)

Offline andrei

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
if we can go down to between 7-7.5K sign me up! :) interested din sa wireless ip cam

Offline leumas

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Sir, sa onine shop po ng extreamer this will start shipping december 1 tama po ba? kailan po ba to magiging available sa atin? may package po ba ang etrayz with the media player? also would like to check kng aside from the ip cam from extreamer madedetect po ba nito mga camera connected sa network. sensya na po kng madaming tanong interested lang po talaga ako. Thanks.  :D

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Sir, sa onine shop po ng extreamer this will start shipping december 1 tama po ba? kailan po ba to magiging available sa atin? may package po ba ang etrayz with the media player? also would like to check kng aside from the ip cam from extreamer madedetect po ba nito mga camera connected sa network. sensya na po kng madaming tanong interested lang po talaga ako. Thanks.  :D

Hi - we are now negotiating prices with the manufacturer.  If we place an order they ship out sometime end of November.  Which means available here around 2nd week of December.

As far as other IP Cams are concerned, alam ko nade-detect din ang Axis at Axis-compatible cameras.  Not sure yet about other brands/models.

No problem sa mga tanong... if you send me your email address, I can send you a brochure for eTRAYz

Offline leumas

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
ok. will pm you my email. thank you.

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
do you think we can take advantage of the euro 59 offer (for a limited time and provided we can prove we have purchased an xtreamer already) ?

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
do you think we can take advantage of the euro 59 offer (for a limited time and provided we can prove we have purchased an xtreamer already) ?

Unfortunately, the answer is no.  They only offer that to customers who pay the full Retail Price.  So the Xtreamer purchase over the internet is subsidizing the subsequent eTRAYz purchase.

We are already taking advantage of wholesale discounts which are being passed on to everybody.  The manufacturer would lose money if they offered eTRAYz to us at EUR 59 each.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
eTRAYz - Video Introduction
« Reply #28 on: Nov 11, 2009 at 02:02 AM »
A short video, introducing the eTRAYz NAS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMfljwMCkwQ
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2009 at 02:13 AM by Bitstream »

Offline ramgos

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Does anybody know if how much ang HDD 2tb for this etrayz?