Author Topic: FIFA WORLD CUP 2010  (Read 20233 times)

Offline deweyfinn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • ...still kickin' arse....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: FIFA WORLD CUP 2010
« Reply #210 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 11:28 AM »
We'll be watching the Finals live in big screen at Heckle & Jeckle Makati!!!
Still undecided whose jersey I'll be wearing ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pick???
Goals from Robin and Cesc would be wonderful ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Present!!!
It was a hard-fought game for both teams, although I would admit I was turned off by The Netherlands' seeming desperate play.

Offline keeper

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #211 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 02:57 PM »
KUDOS to La Furia Roja for keeping their composure amidst the hard,crunching tackles of the Oranje.  it was obvious from the start that the Dutch intended to stifle the midfield players of Spain in any manner possible. as the pundits say, if you get past Van Bommel, de Jong will take you out and vice versa. 

Spain outplayed the Dutch in the tactical department, they maintained their quick short passes while the Dutch were reduced to counter attacks.  Sneijder wasnt able to impose his mark in midfield. 

Robben should have done better with his two one-on-one opportunities, altho in the second one, he had valid plea coz Puyol wrapped his arms around him and didnt get a 2nd card while Heitinga got a 2nd card when he merely tapped Iniesta's shoulder in extra time. both events were goal-scoring opportunities. perhaps the ref's positioning was a key factor.

one thing i didnt understand with the dutch coach though is why he didnt replace Van Persie, it was obvious that Van Persie wasnt disturbing the Spanish defense. perhaps Huntelaar couldve done better.  Elia wasnt a factor either.  perhaps Afellay or Babel was the better sub.

all in all, it was a match where the nerves took a long time to settle, which was understandable considering that it was gonna be the first time that the either Spain or Holland would win a World Cup.  not a classic match really but still a good one.  CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN TO LA FURIA ROJA, EUROPEAN AND NOW WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!  ;)
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #212 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 03:53 PM »

Robben should have done better with his two one-on-one opportunities, altho in the second one, he had valid plea coz Puyol wrapped his arms around him and didnt get a 2nd card while Heitinga got a 2nd card when he merely tapped Iniesta's shoulder in extra time. both events were goal-scoring opportunities. perhaps the ref's positioning was a key factor.

one thing i didnt understand with the dutch coach though is why he didnt replace Van Persie, it was obvious that Van Persie wasnt disturbing the Spanish defense. perhaps Huntelaar couldve done better.  Elia wasnt a factor either.  perhaps Afellay or Babel was the better sub.

Yes, Robben is the only dutch creating chances because of the massive defense displayed also by the Spanish side. Both teams have solid defense that's why V. Persie and David Villa can't pass through opponent's defense. I also agree Van Persie should have been replaced like what Del Bosque did when he replaced David Villa with Torres.

This final is indeed a battle of the midfield. After Spain's substitution (striker and 2 midfielders), they were able to sustain fluidity in midfield as compare to substitution (midfielder and 2 defenders) by Netherlands. For me, these critical substitutions turned the game for Spain. They have deeper bench than the dutch in the midfield. Fresh legs of Navas and Cesc created more chances which displayed a lot of 1-2 passes, through-ball and eventually the winning play of the match!

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #213 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 05:53 PM »
Hai-yaaa!

The Dutch normally do not play like this. I really don't know why the first half became like a Taekwondo free for all.

Offline NeilNo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • PSN:redoctober
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 08:14 PM »
Great game despite of the many yellow cards.  ;D

See you in Brazil 2014!
UN65H6400 3D, LN52A650, 55LW5600 3D, TX-NR636 7.2/5.2.2 Dolby Atmos

Offline keeper

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: Jul 12, 2010 at 08:41 PM »
Hai-yaaa!

The Dutch normally do not play like this. I really don't know why the first half became like a Taekwondo free for all.

you have to give credit to the ref, Howard Webb, he made sure that during the 90mins of play, no red card will be issued even if the tackles were calling for it. especially this one by Nigel de Jong. no intention to play the ball whatsoever... :(

as stated earlier, you get past van Bommel, de Jong will take you out..  ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2010 at 08:43 PM by keeper »
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #216 on: Jul 13, 2010 at 02:21 PM »

Joke joke joke  :D

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #217 on: Jul 13, 2010 at 02:27 PM »
Really funny, especially the video clip itself. Fabregas looked totally embarassed. ;D

But a dampener to the Spanish victory was the likely recurrence of Torres' hamstring injury. :(
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2010 at 02:28 PM by indie boi »