Author Topic: FIFA WORLD CUP 2010  (Read 20234 times)

Offline chizcake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: FIFA WORLD CUP 2010
« Reply #30 on: Mar 17, 2010 at 09:57 PM »
Fat chance, with his Achilles tendon acting up again...bye bye SA

let us see what would be the result of his latest operation...

well sana makapaglaro pa hehehe
37LD460
BDP1500
RXV-450
A-Audio Tablette 5' FS
WH2 Center
KLH Surround

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #31 on: Mar 18, 2010 at 08:07 AM »
I can't wait for this World Cup to be the one that the Dutch will finally win.

Offline keeper

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Mar 18, 2010 at 08:16 AM »

di ko lang maintindihan kung bakit sa mga later stages ay biglang mag falter ung performance ng Dutch team. just like wat happended in Euro 2008.  sila pa naman ung favorites ko dun. hopefully they'l do better this time. ;)

on paper, malakas ung line-up ng England. kaso, di yata sila nagkakaintindihan when they playing na.. :(
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #33 on: Mar 18, 2010 at 08:39 AM »
I hope England wins this time. :) Becks may be out but Rooney's beginning to sizzle already and is on the verge of helping Manchester United win its record fourth consecutive Premier League Championship.

The question is, who's going to replace Beckham? Aston Villa's Milner could be one of them but I think there are still some noteworthy players worthy of the spot.

Offline keeper

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Mar 18, 2010 at 09:54 PM »
sayang at hindi same generation sina Roberto Carlos at Maicon/Dani Alves. kung nag kataon, grabe sana ung attacking leftback/rightback ng Brazil. tapos ung frontline is composed of Pato, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Luis Fabiano. tapos ilagay mo sa holding midfield position c Julio Baptista. whew!  ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2010 at 09:54 PM by keeper »
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline chizcake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Mar 19, 2010 at 12:20 AM »
sayang at hindi same generation sina Roberto Carlos at Maicon/Dani Alves. kung nag kataon, grabe sana ung attacking leftback/rightback ng Brazil. tapos ung frontline is composed of Pato, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Luis Fabiano. tapos ilagay mo sa holding midfield position c Julio Baptista. whew!  ;D

powerhouse sana kung nagkataon

imagine, ung depensa mo kayang umiskor heheheh
37LD460
BDP1500
RXV-450
A-Audio Tablette 5' FS
WH2 Center
KLH Surround

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Apr 15, 2010 at 12:29 PM »

van persie played his first game after being sidelined for very long time
syempre di agad 100% but looks he'll be ready for the World Cup

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Apr 15, 2010 at 12:37 PM »
On the other hand, Rooney's still nursing an ankle injury. With less than five games before the end of the season, looks like Manchester United's dreams of another championship is fading. And this could also impact on England's chances of putting Rooney in the team.

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Apr 15, 2010 at 12:47 PM »
On the other hand, Rooney's still nursing an ankle injury. With less than five games before the end of the season, looks like Manchester United's dreams of another championship is fading. And this could also impact on England's chances of putting Rooney in the team.

oo nga bad for england
they need replacement for rooney
capello should consider walcott to fill-up

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Apr 30, 2010 at 09:53 AM »
Rossi: We want to keep our title

Born to American and Italian parents, Giuseppe Rossi could easily pass as an Argentinian forward, possessing, as he does, a slight build, skilful repertoire and impressive pace. Yet despite being the antithesis of the physically imposing attackers so typical of Italian football, Rossi is in no doubt about which flag he prefers to fly on the pitch: “As a boy, I dreamed of playing for Italy. I feel Italian.”

Rossi is one of the best young forwards in an Italy squad normally associated with defensive solidity and which shares many similarities to the one that lifted the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™. “There’s always pressure,” he told FIFA.com. “You just have to try to put it to one side. It’s all for the good of the team. As a forward, my responsibility is to score goals. If I’m not able to do that, the least I can do is to try to assist in some other way.”

Despite having been included in his country’s squad for the FIFA Confederations Cup last year, the Villarreal forward remains guarded as to his potential participation at South Africa 2010, preferring not to take anything for granted. “My prime objective is to make the squad and be able to play a part," he said. "Once that’s achieved, it’s no longer a question of personal goals - what matters are those of the group.”

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2010 at 06:44 AM »
Madiba welcomes the FIFA World Cup Trophy

On 15 May 2004, the long walk to the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ started with Nelson Mandela lifting the FIFA World Cup Trophy in Zurich. 

With tears of joy in his eyes, he proclaimed that he felt "like a boy of 15" on the day South Africa was awarded the right to host the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Today (6 May 2010), nearly six years later, South Africa’s first democratic President, Madiba, again laid his hands on the Trophy at Johannesburg’s Nelson Mandela Foundation just 35 days before kick-off of Africa’s first FIFA World Cup. For FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke and Organising Committee CEO Danny Jordaan, it was a very special moment to personally share this moment.

"Nelson Mandela was one of the architects of this FIFA World Cup. We will never forget the moment when South Africa was awarded the FIFA World Cup. Madiba is the symbol of this new democratic South Africa. For us there was no way that the Trophy would arrive in the country and not be brought first to Mandela”, explained Valcke. “Nelson Mandela expressed his wish that he would see Bafana Bafana win the FIFA World Cup.  We really hope that he will experience together with us the special moment celebrating South Africa’s achievements in the stadium”.

"It was so wonderful seeing Madiba in Zurich on the day South Africa won the right to host the 2010 FIFA World Cup, so happy with tears of joy rolling down his cheeks. So, it is quite an emotional and joyful moment to be back bringing the trophy to him, a symbol of world football with a global symbol of humanity," added Danny Jordaan, CEO of the Organsing Committee.

“In the spirit of Mandela Day we would like all South African’s and the world to see the Trophy representing good," said Achmat Dangor, CEO of the Nelson Mandela Foundation. On Friday 7 May, the FIFA World Cup Trophy, will start in Khayelitsha on its final leg of its world tour brought by Coca-Cola through 38 cities and towns across all nine provinces in the host country.

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2010 at 05:34 PM »
ITALY's 30-MEN

Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus), Morgan De Sanctis (Napoli), Federico Marchetti (Cagliari), Salvatore Sirigu (Palermo); Gianluca Zambrotta (AC Milan), Fabio Cannavaro (Juventus), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Christian Maggio (Napoli), Leonardo Bonucci (Bari), Fabio Grosso (Juventus), Domenico Criscito (Genoa), Mattia Cassani (Palermo), Salvatore Bocchetti (Genoa); Andrea Pirlo (Milan), Gennaro Gattuso (Milan), Daniele De Rossi (Roma), Riccardo Montolivo (Fiorentina), Mauro Camoranesi (Juventus), Angelo Palombo (Sampdoria), Antonio Candreva (Juventus), Andrea Cossu (Cagliari), Claudio Marchisio (Juventus), Simone Pepe (Udinese); Fabio Quagliarella (Napoli), Giuseppe Rossi (Villarreal), Vincenzo Iaquinta (Juventus), Antonio Di Natale (Udinese), Marco Borriello (Milan), Alberto Gilardino (Fiorentina), Giampaolo Pazzini (Sampdoria).

The list will be reduced to 23 players by June 1.

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010 at 01:18 PM »
Twelve Gunners on course for World Cup

The 32 nations heading to this summer's World Cup have named their preliminary squads ahead of the tournament.

A total of 12 Arsenal stars have been selected for the tournament. These squads are not final; each nation must name their complete 23-man squad for the competition by June 1.

Gael Clichy, William Gallas, Abou Diaby, Bacary Sagna
France
Gael Clichy, William Gallas, Abou Diaby and Bacary Sagna have all been selected in France's 30-man preliminary squad. However, Samir Nasri did not make the cut. France are in Group A along with Uruguay, hosts South Africa and Carlos Vela's Mexico.

Carlos Vela
Mexico
Carlos Vela has been named in Mexico's preliminary 26-man squad for the World Cup. The striker was his country's joint-top goalscorer in qualifying. Carlos could come up against four Gunners in Mexico's Group A clash with France, scheduled for June 17.

Theo Walcott
England
Theo Walcott has been named in England's preliminary 30-man squad for the World Cup. He scored three goals in six qualifying matches for Fabio Capello's side and the Three Lions will take on USA, Algeria and Slovenia in Group C.

Robin Van Persie
Netherlands

Robin Van Persie has been selected in the Netherlands' initial 30-man squad. He is likely to come up against Nicklas Bendtner and Alex Song in Group E, which features Japan as well as Denmark and Cameroon.

Nicklas Bendtner
Denmark

Nicklas Bendtner was named Danish Player of the Year for 2009 after playing an integral part in his nation's qualifying campaign. He has been named in their initial 26-man squad for the World Cup. Denmark are in Group E along with Van Persie's Netherlands and Song's Cameroon.

Alex Song
Cameroon

Song has been selected in Cameroon's initial 30-man squad for the World Cup. His national team will take on Netherlands, Denmark and Japan in Group E, meaning the midfielder could come up against Arsenal strikers Robin Van Persie and Nicklas Bendtner.

Emmanuel Eboue
Ivory Coast

Emmanuel Eboue has been named in Ivory Coast's provisional 30-man squad. He played in all 12 of their qualifying matches and the Ivorians join North Korea, Brazil and Portugal in Group G.
Player Profile - Cesc FabregasSpain

Cesc Fabregas
Spain

Cesc Fabregas has been named in Spain's 30-man preliminary squad for the World Cup. He scored twice in six qualification appearances for the European champions. Spain will battle it out with Honduras, Chile and Philippe Senderos' Switzerland in Group H.

Philippe Senderos
Switzerland

Philippe Senderos scored twice in four games during Switzerland's qualifying campaign and has been selected in their initial 30-man squad for the World Cup. However Johan Djourou, who returned from injury against Fulham on Sunday, did not make the squad.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2010 at 01:26 PM »
Hopefully, Fabregas and Van Persie will be in perfect condition by the time the World Cup starts. Same goes for Rooney, though he complained of a sore ankle again a few minutes before the last match with Stoke City last Saturday.

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2010 at 02:56 PM »
The song for the 2010 World Cup is so d@mn perfect. Knaan's South Africa (Waving Flag) got me singing along and wanting to be part of the event.

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jun 07, 2010 at 01:04 PM »
Countdown....

3 days 16 hours

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jun 18, 2010 at 06:54 AM »
Higuain shines as France slump

Results
Argentina 4-1 Korea Republic
Greece 2-1 Nigeria
France 0-2 Mexico

Goal of the day
Argentina 4-1 Korea Republic, Gonzalo Higuain, 80 mins: Messi dinked a lovely ball over the South Korean back line to Sergio Aguero, who floated a first-time cross with the outside of his right foot for Higuain to nod his third goal past Jung Sung-Ryong – the competition’s first hat-trick since Pauleta’s for Portugal eight years ago.

Group A & B Standings after 2 fixtures

Group A
                         W      D      L     Pts
Uruguay              1      1      0      4
Mexico                 1      1      0      4
France                 0      1      1      1
South Africa         0      1      1      1

Group B
                          W      D      L     Pts
Argentina             2      0      0      6
Korea Republic     1      0      1      3
Greece                 1      0      1      3
Nigeria                 0      0      2      0
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2010 at 07:10 AM by eksi »

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jun 18, 2010 at 07:45 AM »
That trio of Messi, Higuain and the other Argentine whose name I cant remember is like the fabulous Lakers in the 80s on a fast break.  AWESOME!

Messi has not scored yet, but most of the goals can practically be credited to him (and the opposing Korean of course..hehe)

Finally an offensive World Cup game worth watching again and again.

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #48 on: Jun 18, 2010 at 02:57 PM »
Wah what happen to the French...France 0-2 Mexico?? Did France play poorly?

Whoa Argentina beat the crap out of Korea Republic!  ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2010 at 02:58 PM by pchin »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jun 18, 2010 at 03:27 PM »
Wah what happen to the French...France 0-2 Mexico?? Did France play poorly?

Whoa Argentina beat the crap out of Korea Republic!  ;D

The French were toasted.

The South Koreans were actually better than the score reflects.  They were very fast and had their chances against the Argentinian defense, but lots of wayward kicks to the goal.  Then meron pang own-goal yung Koreans.   Some may argue the Argentine's were off-side for the most part - quite borderline to be honest.

Somehow, NHK was able to dampen the annoying vuvuzela noise during the matches last night.  I hope that continues.

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Jun 18, 2010 at 05:25 PM »
France mukhang di na mag advance. I wander Domenec elected to bench Thierry :P

The SKoreans are very fast. I think they will advance with Argentina in their group. Maybe Finish in last 16 ;)

Dapat talaga i-ban yang vuvuzela na yan, iba pa rin ang crowd noise ;D

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jun 18, 2010 at 08:52 PM »
The Germans just got sausaged by the Serbs.   ;)

Great save by the Serbian goalie. 
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2010 at 08:56 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #52 on: Jun 18, 2010 at 08:57 PM »
Another upset.  :-[ Germans 0-1 Serbia

The Germans just got sausaged by the Serbs.   ;)

Nicely said bro...hehe ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2010 at 08:58 PM by pchin »

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #53 on: Jun 19, 2010 at 05:07 AM »
England 0-0 Algeria
Slovenia 2-2 USA

This group is wide open now.

Slovenia - 4 points
USA - 2
England -2
Algeria - 1

Next Matches:

England vs Slovenia
USA vs Algeria

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Jun 19, 2010 at 04:49 PM »
Now it shows England is toothless without Theo Walcott >:(
England will be pulling shirt off in their last group match :(

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jun 20, 2010 at 06:57 AM »
Arsenal Striker BENDTNER and Denmark on its way to knock-out stage!!!

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Jun 20, 2010 at 07:08 AM »
If the Japanese and the Danes end up at 0-0 on their forthcoming group match, how would they compute which team goes to the next round?

The Danes were 0-2 against the Dutch, while the Japanese were 0-1

Against Cameroon, 2-1 for the Danes, while 1-0 for the Japanese.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #57 on: Jun 20, 2010 at 07:32 AM »
I found this:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/fifa_wc_south_africa_2010_regulations_en_14123.pdf

Article 39:

5. The ranking of each team in each group will be determined as follows:

a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
   b) goal difference in all group matches;
   c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.

If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their rankings will be determined as follows:

d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
   e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
   f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
   g) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

In your example, tie in A but Japan wins B (2-3=-1 for Denmark, 1-1=0 for Japan). I think.

Magkaka drawing of lots kaya tayo in any of the groups? Nakakaiyak naman yun.
« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2010 at 07:41 AM by sardaukar »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Jun 20, 2010 at 10:40 AM »
That's hopeful.  The Japanese have practically no chance of scoring a goal but more the 50% chance of holding the Danes at 0-0.   ;D

I was thinking of Southeast Asia All-Stars as one team for the World Cup.   ;D Kaso allergic ang Pinoy sa araw kaya magagaling lang sa bowling at billiard.   ;D

« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2010 at 10:41 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline dmaximus

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • "People should know when they are conquered."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #59 on: Jun 20, 2010 at 10:45 AM »
Go Ghana!