Author Topic: Bookshelf or Floorstander  (Read 42671 times)

Offline Mika

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bookshelf or Floorstander
« on: Feb 24, 2003 at 11:55 AM »
sirs  ;) ,

- which is a truer audiophile set-up (well again, that's a relative question)? i feel that audio buffs tend to favor bookshelf speakers over floorstanding ones (?).

- what are the variables to consider here? type of music, tweak-ability, etc.

salamat!

:)

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
Re:Bookshelf vs Floorstanders
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2003 at 01:44 PM »
hi bro!

when i asked that question several months ago, friends gave several recommendation/considerations...but very important is the room size...and siyempre, the BUDGET, hehehe!

thanks!

;D
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2003 at 04:08 PM by Superman »
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline greatbop

• DVD Guru
  • I'm not a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2003 at 01:57 PM »
I think most audio buffs would go to whatever speaker that suits their needs...

I Personally would of gone for a floorstander (Paradigm s/100) if only i had the floorspace. and the money for an amplifier to drive those EXTREMELY power hungry pair of speakers.

Offline flashnymph72

• Collector
  • GetReadyToBeFlashed!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2003 at 04:46 PM »
bro Mika,

each have pros and cons...considering same brand sila (ex. Mission, B&W, Paradigm, Warf etc)...of course the bookshelf types are the ones you can mobilize easily...lalo na't kung palipat lipat ka ng arrangements...and the floorstanders are heavier to transport...there are also differences with regards to sound quality...in general, the bass is deeper in floorstanders compared to their bookshelf counterparts...

so if you have a fixed spot for speakers, floorstanders are way to go...kasi if you place bookshelf types...bibili ka pa ng speakers stands...so extra gastos  8)

Offline listener

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2003 at 08:14 PM »
room size and budget will ultimately decide which one will fit in your set up.

Offline antoy

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2003 at 09:25 PM »
I prefer the sound of floorstanders.  But as previously posted, budget and roomspace greatlyinfluence this decision.

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2003 at 07:26 AM »
It would depend if your amp could power those floorstanders.  Stereo amps usually have adequate power for bookshelves and it would require you a bigger budget for a bigger wattage amp if you are going to use them to drive floorstanders.  The question is if your room could accomodate those floorstanders.

I'd go for bookshelves with a worthy speaker stand.  I  would listen to music mostly centering on the midrange and highs so I don't really need that extra bass that floorstanders give.

Choice of music is another thing.  If you go for hip hop, R&B, rock floor standers are the way to go.  In Jazzy, chillout, new age music, bookshelves are more than enough.  ;)

Offline Mika

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Feb 25, 2003 at 09:42 AM »
thanks guys for the info  :)

based from your feedback, i'm inclined more of sticking to floorstanders. i think floorstanders would do more justice to my kind of music.

i guess, bookshelf+subwoofer combination would present difficulty in proper placement/alignment (in my case)? synergy/matching between components would even more critical.

otoh, what are distinct advantages of bookshelf over floorstanders? are there other things to consider?

salamat  :)

Offline killer_eyes

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Feb 25, 2003 at 12:26 PM »
mika

at first i had a dm 303 bookshelf it sounds good sa HT, pero pag nag music ako specially mga rock, medyo bitin ako sa bass, so i have to turn on my subwoofer, but im not contented with the bass of the subwoofer(SW320) i mean is pag music sya, kahit may music mode parang iba ang bass nya, for me nde maganda pakingan for music...so i decided to upgrade to dm 603 para mas ok pag music lang...
now im very satisfied when playing my kind of music with the sub off mas ok sa pandinig ko...

so u should also try what really satisfies ur ears..
a properly trained man can be a dogs bestfriend

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jul 10, 2003 at 02:57 PM »
revive ko lang itong thread na 'to ha... need ur advice before i spend my hard-earned cash!  im thinking of switching from bookshelfs w/ sub to floorstanders w/ sub.

i've read from this site that floorstanders will sound good only if u have a large enough room.  otherwise, it will be too boomy.

what floor area would be considered large enough for floorstanders?  my setup is in a combined living & dining room which is 4m x 7m.  area-wise the room is larger than 28sqm because of a corridor that adds about 4sqm, so total room area is 32sqm.  but the ht/audio setup occupies only the living room half facing the shorter dimension.  ceiling height is around 10ft.

i used to have a large bookshelf with a 7" woofer w/c i used in a bigger room area.  when i moved to a smaller space i switched to a smaller bookshelf with a 5" woofer -- this gave me better detail & imaging but i miss the sound of drums.  i have a chesky test disk with a drum solo that sounded alive in my larger speaker.  i dont care about the neighbors anymore, i want my bass slam..  ;D ;D

pls comment.... i cant audition bnew speakers in my room so maybe i can rely on someone else's experience & knowledge... thanks!

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #10 on: Jul 10, 2003 at 04:15 PM »
revive ko lang itong thread na 'to ha... need ur advice before i spend my hard-earned cash!  im thinking of switching from bookshelfs w/ sub to floorstanders w/ sub.

i've read from this site that floorstanders will sound good only if u have a large enough room.  otherwise, it will be too boomy.

what floor area would be considered large enough for floorstanders?  my setup is in a combined living & dining room which is 4m x 7m.  area-wise the room is larger than 28sqm because of a corridor that adds about 4sqm, so total room area is 32sqm.  but the ht/audio setup occupies only the living room half facing the shorter dimension.  ceiling height is around 10ft.

i used to have a large bookshelf with a 7" woofer w/c i used in a bigger room area.  when i moved to a smaller space i switched to a smaller bookshelf with a 5" woofer -- this gave me better detail & imaging but i miss the sound of drums.  i have a chesky test disk with a drum solo that sounded alive in my larger speaker.  i dont care about the neighbors anymore, i want my bass slam..  ;D ;D

pls comment.... i cant audition bnew speakers in my room so maybe i can rely on someone else's experience & knowledge... thanks!

bro...that's a pleasant problem! anyway, i'd recommend that if you really want the "slam", then go for a floorstander (mission speakers - m74 are, i think, already ok)...you can also check out the b&w floorstanders...

does this mean you're disposing your AE speakers??? (saw it in your post re: picture of HT set-up)...let me know, i'm interested, hehehehe!

happy hunting and enjoy!

superman  8)
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jul 10, 2003 at 08:59 PM »
superman, sige bro ill let u know when its 4sale.  im not sure yet if i will replace it, but i might acquire a possible replacement soon.  other than buying it i dont know of any way to test bnew spkrs in my room.  i just want to compare side-by-side in my room first then decide if i will sell the old or the new.  couple of my friends are waiting to see how it goes coz i sold some old stuff to them real cheap.

i hav a shortlist of brands/models to audition but im guessing it would be monitor audio.  i saw a bookshelf supertest once, the bronze and the aegis went neck & neck at the top spot, with monitor audio bronze finally winning but barely.

here's a pic of my front right & center.  i got 4pcs in rosewood plus a center in black ash to match my tv.  its really hard to let go but its getting old (3yrs).

« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2003 at 09:08 PM by akyatbundok »

Offline lazeeb0y

• Collector
  • i'm invisible...
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jul 11, 2003 at 01:31 AM »

hi. just curious, do you use surround speakers? coz i noticed on your post that you didn't mention your surround speakers.
A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 11, 2003 at 11:15 AM »
lazeeboy, yup i use surround speakers.  they're exactly the same as my fronts so the transition between front & back is seamless.  'copters are the same size when they zoom forward/backward.  using all 5 speakers in 5-ch stereo mode increases bass output.  the AE have good bass weight for such small speakers and very refined.  its perfect if u live in a condo or apartment.

but still, i miss the slam of kick drums.  my old very unrefined speaker had one redeeming quality w/c is the bass.  drums sound BIG and lifelike.  but that was for a much bigger listening space.  my problem is: can i get the same bass slam by switching to a floorstander but in a smaller space (approx. 32 sqm).

Offline johndoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jul 11, 2003 at 03:56 PM »
i think the main difference lang is the size of the floorstanders and bookshelf.. ;) nowadays kasi meron nang bookshelf with subs..like the DEFENITIVE SPEAKERS.. :)

Offline Sauron Cookie

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Build me a cookie worthy of my army!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jul 11, 2003 at 04:51 PM »
I think you can be an audiophile whether you use bookshelf or floorstanders.  :)

However, personally, I prefer bookshelf speakers. Others would say that bookshelf speakers lack the bass. My answer to that is to get a good sub. You will have more control on the level/amount (?sorry, not really sure of the correct audio term) of bass depending on the type of music you play or even the mood you're in.

I guess in a nutshell, what i like about the bookshelf-sub combo is the flexibility.

Flexibility in:
1. level of bass, punch, slam, etc. whatever you want to call it  :)
2. positioning
3. upgradeability (i can upgrade the bookshelf and sub separately, one at a time, easier on the cashflow)

Just my two centavos (in pesos, wala akong dolyar) :)

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jul 11, 2003 at 07:46 PM »
In my case, I chose bookshelf for my HT because of limited space and I have a subwoofer to produce really deep bass. For my audio, I chose floorstander to simplify my setup. Since my audio is in the Sala, Im trying to avoid clutter.

Offline lazeeb0y

• Collector
  • i'm invisible...
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jul 12, 2003 at 01:41 AM »
lazeeboy, yup i use surround speakers.  they're exactly the same as my fronts so the transition between front & back is seamless.  'copters are the same size when they zoom forward/backward.  using all 5 speakers in 5-ch stereo mode increases bass output.  the AE have good bass weight for such small speakers and very refined.  its perfect if u live in a condo or apartment.

but still, i miss the slam of kick drums.  my old very unrefined speaker had one redeeming quality w/c is the bass.  drums sound BIG and lifelike.  but that was for a much bigger listening space.  my problem is: can i get the same bass slam by switching to a floorstander but in a smaller space (approx. 32 sqm).

oh ok. in my case, i used to have bose 301 as fronts, bose vcs-10 as center, and polkaudio R15 as surrounds. but since i transferred to a smaller room, my 301's became too large for my HT set-up in my cramped room. i was forced to use the polks as my fronts na lang. no regrets though in using the polks as fronts. yung nga lang, wala na akong surrounds.
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2003 at 01:43 AM by lazeeboy72 »
A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

Offline av_phile

• DVD Guru
  • Music & Video Lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jul 12, 2003 at 01:16 PM »
In the price ranges the average joe is more comfortable with, there are really no floorstanders that can go convincingly deep enough and powerful enough down to 20 Hz that some muscial recordings contain.  Such a capability is reserved to those behemoth and megabuck speakers.   When reviewers says so and so budget and mid-price speakers have excellent bass, they're most likely talking about flat  responses from 60Hz to 80 Hz - the region where the bass of most pop and rock recordings have.  Classical recodings also generally do not contain that much low frequency content, unless there are kettle, timpani bass drums and piano notes in pieces that require low piano keys to be struck (generating 27Hz the lowest on the piano.)

Hence, you're better off with an excellent bookshelf and a sub.  

It is always adviseable that the speakers generating low frequencies be separate from that generating the rest (above 100Hz, typically)  Using subwoofers is a form of active bi-amping that dviides audio spectral content into specialized amps and speakers, giving the main amps more headroom and power for non-bass greater band-width content and sending the power hungry bass freqs to more powerful but bandwidth-limited sub-woofer amps.

Another excellent reason for having a sub is that in general, stereo or soundstage imaging is best achieved when the speakers are far from boundary walls.  You get good imaging but at the expense of bass response.  Try it.  The farther a floorstander or bookshelf  is from the corner or back and side walls, the lesser the bass perceived from your listening chair.  Better stereo imaging and lesser midrannge coloration from reflecting adjacent walls.  But no bass.  The most powerful bass comes from a corner placement.  The farther you go away from a corner, the lesser the bass.  But you get better imaging and midrange clarity.

Hence, in this regard, an excellent bookshelf speaker is all you need to get excellent stereo imaging and focus.  Even budget bookshelfs have excellent mids and high frequency propagation characterisitcs.  But you should have a subwoofer to take care of the bass, preferrably in a corner or near wall placement. Using your average joe floorstanders exclusively cannot yield the best imaging and the best bass response achievable.  At most, they give a compromise.

The use of subwoofers would have virtually rendered floorstanders technically unnecessary and enters the realm of personal preference.  Except for one technical consderation.

That is called low frequency imaging or directionality.

It is generally accepted that the human hear cannot adequately perceive the direction of low frequencies below about 60 Hz.   Too bad not all recorded materials contain bass that are non-directional.  A kick drum or a bass guitar originating on the right channel do send out bass frequencies that you can localize as coming from the right channel. That's because they generate fundamentals and harmonics above 60 Hz which are directional, and adds to the soundstage illusion.

A subwoofer is really meant  to generate frequencies below a non-directional 60 Hz and down well into the infrasonics where the sound is more felt than heard.  And you only need one subwoofer for this purpose.  However, with most subwoofer crossover filters set at 120Hz to 80Hz, there is still directionality within that range. And summing the left and the right channels' low frequency content into a single sub loses much of low freq directionality and muddles what little is left in the main speakers.  

That's why many audiophiles prefer floorstanders plus subwoofer.  They prefer a floorstander with a cutover at around 50 Hz so the sub really gives only non-directional bass.  And the floorstander will take care of directional bass in the 80-120Hz where it is good at.  Another reason is because a floorstadner's  bass response while rolled off when posiitoned away from walls, provide a gentler  bass roll-off that makes a more seamless and smoother transition with the sub's starting crossover freq compared with a bookshelf that can often sound abruptly bass deficient when posiitoned away from walls.  

On the otherhand, using floorstadners and a sub can have the danger of  freqiency peaks at the crossover point, if the main speakers do not roll-off fast enough.  Solution is to set 2 crossover points - a higher one from the preamp and a lower one at the subwoofer amp.

Using  bookshelfs may require the use of left and right subwoofers when set at 80 to 120 Hz crossover.  This is done so the sub  can handle directional bass in that spectral region.

« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2003 at 04:20 PM by av_phile »

Offline listener

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jul 12, 2003 at 05:15 PM »
In the price ranges the average joe is more comfortable with, there are really no floorstanders that can go convincingly deep enough and powerful enough down to 20 Hz that some muscial recordings contain.  Such a capability is reserved to those behemoth and megabuck speakers.

Correct. but please bear in mind also that there are only a small number of subwoofers that can actually reproduce signals that can actually reach 20hz but why stress importance in that frquency spectrum? 1% lang yata ng recorded music ang may output at around 20hz and below and most of those tracks are not worth listening to.  Also, many many subs that are available actually reproduce output from 40hz to 100hz so its just a classic case of buying something that you already have assuming that you are using quality floorstanders.  

It is always adviseable that the speakers generating low frequencies be separate from that generating the rest (above 100Hz, typically)

huh? since when? by who?  ???  

Hence, in this regard, an excellent bookshelf speaker is all you need to get excellent stereo imaging and focus.  Even budget bookshelfs have excellent mids and high frequency propagation characterisitcs.  But you should have a subwoofer to take crae of the bass.

Bookshelves may offer excellent stereo imaging and focus but in a small scale. even with the addition of a subwoofer the scale of the presentation is still small when compared to the scale and granduer of the output from a good floostander.

Using your average joe floorstanders exclusively cannot yield the best imaging and the best bass response achievable.  At most, they give a compromise.

depende sa set up yan and sa listening preference.  You cannot automatically assume that a bookshelf plus sub setup will sound better than floorstanders just because the small bookshelves have low freq reinforcement in the 30hz to 80hz region. Bass is just one area of the total musical spectrum.

The use of subwoofers would have virtually rendered floorstanders technically unnecessary and enters the realm of personal preference.

Not for me bro...and not for those people who own high quality stereo floorstanders.  im sure all of those peeps who own quality floorstanders will not be selling their babies sa Buy and Sell or sa Bidshot just to buy bookshelve speakers and a sub. B&W will not stop producing the 801's if they deemed that those speakers are "technically unnecessary" already. Simply put...magkaiba ang market ng floorstanders and iba din ang market ng bookshelf plus sub setup. Depende sa requirement yan, sa space and most importantly sa budget.

That's why many audiophiles prefer floorstanders plus subwoofer. They prefer a floorstander with a cutover at around 50 Hz so the sub really gives only non-directional bass.  And the floorstander will take care of directional bass in the 80-120Hz where it is good at.  

many audiophiles prefer two channels only....period..  No need for subwoofer reinforcement if the main stereo channels are good enough to begin with.  Just because a system doesnt perform a ruler flat freq response all the way down to 20hz doesnt mean that its technically unecessary .  a lot of true blue audiophiles and I do mean a lot, stress more importance to the midband performance of a system...not the bass output.  
Our previous speakers (Unity Audio floorstanders) powered by an all tube electronics combo (Cary Audio Designs tube CD, tube pre-amp and tube dual mono amps)  reproduced bass that in my opinion was just right for our listening space and type of music.  I was never ever tempted to add a Velodyne or a REL to augment the bass because the system simply sounded "right" to my ears already in spite of the fact that the Unity Audio floorstander utilizes "only" a 6.5" midrange/midbass and 1" tweeter.  The bass output may be thin to most people but the amount of bass detail in my opinion far exceeds the quantity issue.  

« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2003 at 05:34 PM by listener »

Offline av_phile

• DVD Guru
  • Music & Video Lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jul 14, 2003 at 09:24 AM »
Thanks listener for your viewpoint.  For every point there's always a counter point.  I'll stick to mine.  

There may be many audiophiles who rellish the sound of midrange. And stop at that.  If that mkes them happy, no earthly mortal can contest that.   And you may be right that materials with low bass may consititute just 1%.  Sorry, but I aspire to get the best of both worlds - stereo image and low frequency response.  Anything less is an underwhelming sonic experience for me.

And don't get me wrong, i am not against floorstanders.  If you check my posts in other threads, i prefer them over bookshelf types, regardless of price point.  O and there are audiophiles with excellent (expensive) floorstanders who still use subwoofers.  More than one pa nga.  One reviewer in the internet has an all vandersteen set-up - floorstanders and 4 subs.  Well, every set-up is personal.  

And there are many auduiophiles out there who, after listening to an excellent multi-channel recording on an excellent multi-channel set-up, will never go back to plain stereo.  Period.  (And i know one who has 5 Jolida tube power monoblocks for his fledgling SACD collection.)  Exceptions?  Maybe.  But they're growing fast.

« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2003 at 11:33 AM by av_phile »

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jul 14, 2003 at 11:20 AM »
.......many audiophiles prefer two channels only....period..  ......

If that is the definition of an audiophile, I will never allow anybody to call me an audiophile. It's like a close-minded and does not open to other things and will not accept new developments.

I prefer to be called as discerning audio enthusiast instead.

Offline mdsaint3

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • My avatar is my dog!!! She bites!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jul 14, 2003 at 12:14 PM »
If that is the definition of an audiophile, I will never allow anybody to call me an audiophile. It's like a close-minded and does not open to other things and will not accept new developments.

I prefer to be called as discerning audio enthusiast instead.

Nicely put Philander :)

Offline jofkevski

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jul 14, 2003 at 06:07 PM »
Ako, I will call myself practical audiophile cynic.

Based on my reading in other forums and discussions like these, audiophile people tend to be more on the stereo (2-channel side). This is also a reason why a lot of vintage equipment (both tubes and SS) continue to have huge following.

Personally, I consider the bookshelf/subwoofer tandem a practical setup in any room size configuration - good mid/high are common to bookshelf and a hidden subwoofer does the rest of LF. Practical because of cost, placing flexibility.

For setup simplicity, the tower maybe the choice.
Tower speaker, especially the good ones, do the work in the same way (especially if a separate driver has been dedicated for midrange reproduction - or a separate driver has been dedicated for LF reproduction). If not, It may not approach a good bookshelf/subwoofer tandem.

Of course, some drivers, like the fostex can stand on its own, producing the full spectrum - but I am not really familiar on its sound characteristics.

The cost for either of this might not be far from each other. Subwoofer producing the level of 20Hz (and efficient at that) cost so high. Tower speaker, which can generate the level of 20Hz is also costly. But when they do, such is an enviable speaker. Of course, if cost is not an issue - the combination of both maybe employed, I mean tower + subwoofer.

For the average filipino consumers, the bookshelf+sub maybe the best that is affordable. The affordable towers we have here are not 20-Hz capable. Going subwoofer than going high-end tower speaker maybe more affordable, if not, at least you can phase your buying.

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jul 21, 2003 at 08:40 PM »
i did a little playing around with my set-up and transferred the m71 connections to the fronts:

for vocals and acoustic music - there is a big difference in terms of attack and focus  :)

i need to get a better set of plugs so i can switch speakers without fear of damaging my receiver's plugs  :D
money is best spent

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jul 28, 2003 at 02:12 PM »
my floorstanders arrived this weekend.  its the very 1st floorstander ive ever owned.  i can finally post my experience in this thread instead of just asking questions!

first, the size.. or more accurately the impression of size.  even though the floorstander occupies the same floor area and height as my bookshelf spkrs on stands, they definitely appear to be occupying a lot more space.  parang sumikip yung living room.

then the sound.  the floorstander has about the same frequency range as my bookshelf w/ sub -- both go down to 30hz.  even for loud music, the single woofer 8" sub can go toe to toe with the floorstanders' 10" woofers.  but they have different quality of bass.  the subwoofer amp was equalized to extend the bass.  on certain R&B music that has alot of electronic bass or electric bass guitar, the bookshelf w/ sub sounds fuller.  however, on real drums the floorstander sounds fuller.  combining the floorstander with the sub also produces good results but was very hard to tweak coz i could barely hear the sub at the minimum crossover freq.  using the bigger 10" sub didnt sound too good on music.  on most material i didnt need the sub when using the floorstander.

in hindsight i think i could have just upgraded to a bigger bookshelf like the monitor audio B2 to solve the "hole" in the lower midbass of my bookshelf setup.  i didn't like the sub handling anything above 70hz -- not fast enough.  that left a hole in the lower midbass where my old bookshelf was weak.

so my conclusion: you cant go wrong with either as long as u match them correctly with the right components.  small bookshelfs need a fast & tight sub.  floorstanders with large woofers need a powerful amp.
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2003 at 02:13 PM by akyatbundok »

Offline Qman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • crawling in my skin ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jul 28, 2003 at 02:37 PM »
akyat

anong floorstander mo?

Offline akyatbundok

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jul 28, 2003 at 02:46 PM »
qman, i got mordaunt short ms-908.

Offline Qman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • crawling in my skin ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jul 29, 2003 at 12:18 AM »
akyat congrats sa bago mong speaker.
saan mo sya na-iskor at pede malaman kano iskor mo (kahit pa pm na lang)

tenks

Offline ADM202E

• Collector
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Aug 05, 2003 at 06:50 PM »
I heared that DTX floor standers are good buys? Anyone auditioned this one? I assume this is good for entry level.