Author Topic: The Sharon Cuneta Thread  (Read 30148 times)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Sharon Cuneta Thread
« Reply #60 on: Jan 27, 2008 at 10:05 AM »
It was not gallons of alcohol but as far as I know the place was sanitized!

Offline Ctlim

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Jan 27, 2008 at 12:05 PM »
At least she knows how to choose, from Da*id Ce*dran to Sharon Cuneta.  ::)

whoa! and i thought i was ruthless... i kept my trap shut on that one. I bet he still has him between sessions.

Offline Rivalz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Music is life!
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Jan 29, 2008 at 11:16 PM »
I highly doubt this. It is even highly likely that Sharon must be one of Brocka's babies/favorites. He did 3 movies with her (Pasan Ko ang Daigdig, Babangon Ako't Dudurugin Kita and Biktima) and an episode (Silid...which is Brocka's best work with her) of Tatlong Mukha ng Pag-Ibig.

Being a director's favorite does not mean anything really.  It may be due to many different factors like being the choice for the role for the sake of marketability, profitability, palakasan, contracts, etc... there are many reasons possible
"God brings men to deep waters not to drown but to cleanse them"

Offline Ctlim

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Jan 29, 2008 at 11:20 PM »
yeah why is it a surprise that rotten people are liked by some? thats normal. alot of people even like saddam and osama. why cant brocka like sharon despite her being an ass?

Offline Rivalz

• Collector
  • Music is life!
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Jan 29, 2008 at 11:20 PM »
ctlim76

Ha ha ha I hope you're right that Kiko doesn't win, surely he will run.  But in fairness there has been some maturity in the voting nowadays... or it may seem. 

Wag naman po sana hu hu hu!!!!  Sharon as First Lady Of The Philippines Waaaaaaaag po!!!

Offline Rivalz

• Collector
  • Music is life!
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Jan 29, 2008 at 11:23 PM »
yeah why is it a surprise that rotten people are liked by some? thats normal. alot of people even like saddam and osama. why cant brocka like sharon despite her being an ass?

Ha ha ha is that what they call Director's License siguro?  Maybe Brocka had no choice but to work with the production company's direction with it's stable of stars they want to push?  They will pay for the production of the film anyhow maybe Brocka had no choice. Just my two cents... ::)

Offline Ctlim

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Jan 29, 2008 at 11:36 PM »
ctlim76

Ha ha ha I hope you're right that Kiko doesn't win, surely he will run.  But in fairness there has been some maturity in the voting nowadays... or it may seem. 

Wag naman po sana hu hu hu!!!!  Sharon as First Lady Of The Philippines Waaaaaaaag po!!!

last time I checked, males and females still outnumber fags.. and sharon cunetas TV ratings are still low. we're lookin' good! :)

Offline pink moon

• Collector
  • Impetuous! Homeric!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Jan 30, 2008 at 01:02 AM »
I'm sorry to break your fun but that last statement you made ctlim76 is very inappropriate and offensive.   

Offline Rivalz

• Collector
  • Music is life!
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Feb 02, 2008 at 12:29 AM »
Oops, hi pink moon, please forgive me but if I may,   I am sure this was said in jest with no offense meant to anyone.  Peace  ;D 

Offline Ctlim

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 11:48 PM »
pink moon,

sorry it was said in jest. but yes the accepted vernacular is gay. my bad...  ;)

about sharon cuneta's TV ratings... I believe thats a fact.

besides, Kiko Pangilinan is a Senator who, last time I check promotes Catholicism. So then I believe there is a major disconnect
as he is indeed gay and has had / or still has (secretly) a relationship with ...
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2008 at 11:53 PM by ctlim »

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #70 on: Feb 07, 2008 at 02:03 AM »
besides, Kiko Pangilinan is a Senator who, last time I check promotes Catholicism. So then I believe there is a major disconnect as he is indeed gay and has had / or still has (secretly) a relationship with ...

::)  :-X :-X :-X

Offline Rivalz

• Collector
  • Music is life!
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 09:39 PM »
frootloops,

Ha ha just saw this pic, now where in the world did you find this? Lufit ng research! Teka... NBI ka ba?  ;D

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2008 at 02:32 AM »

I'm surprise that the song 'PAALAM' is being used as the theme for the movie CAREGIVER. I've always love that song originally performed by master balladeer Basil Valdez. Never would have guessed it would sung again by another artist.

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2008 at 03:51 AM »
the song Paalam was included in Regine Velasquez Covers album as well...

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2008 at 03:42 AM »
the song Paalam was included in Regine Velasquez Covers album as well...

I missed that. Regine also recorded numerous Basil songs one of which is SOMETIME, SOMEWHERE. Basil has that distinct voice that I long for nowadays. Greatful that Vicor on their 40th Anniversary released a 4-CD Basil Valdez compilation. I love that he used to sing the theme songs for Viva drama films in the '80's mostly those of Vilma's. I like Regine's LUMISAN KA MAN, the theme for SEPARADA which I believe was never released in the market.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008 at 03:50 AM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2008 at 05:01 PM »

Just saw CAREGIVER. A simple yet well-intentioned film about the plight of Filipinos working (or in some cases not working) in other countries. Nora has done it 'MERIKA, VILMA in PINAY, AMERICAN STYLE and ANAK and now, Sharon. Though it's been tackled before, the movie still offers some new insights. There's a bit of twist at the end. A welcomed vehicle for Sharon. A much better effort from Star Cinema after the forgettable WHEN LOVE BEGINS.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2008 at 07:41 PM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2008 at 09:14 PM »
        I'm surprise that the song 'PAALAM' is being used as the theme for the movie CAREGIVER. I've always love that song originally performed by master balladeer Basil Valdez. Never would have guessed it would sung again by another artist.

maybe it was sharon who suggested the song for the film. it is one of her favorite songs but has forgotten the title. when she worked with louie ocampo on her concert two years ago, she asked that song by singing it. she asked louie if she could make her own version, but louie told her that regine did it already for "covers volume 1". nanghinayang si sharon, but she sang it during the concert in 2006.

i was also surprised that it was used for the film. parang di bagay, naisip ko. but when you get to see the entire film, it fits well naman pala.
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline jekoy

• DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2008 at 09:17 PM »
          I missed that. Regine also recorded numerous Basil songs one of which is SOMETIME, SOMEWHERE. Basil has that distinct voice that I long for nowadays. Greatful that Vicor on their 40th Anniversary released a 4-CD Basil Valdez compilation. I love that he used to sing the theme songs for Viva drama films in the '80's mostly those of Vilma's. I like Regine's LUMISAN KA MAN, the theme for SEPARADA which I believe was never released in the market.

miss ko na rin 'yung basil valdez theme songs. his voice is very haunting na swak naman sa mga films na kinantahan niya ng theme songs.
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline jekoy

• DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2008 at 09:23 PM »

Just saw CAREGIVER. A simple yet well-intentioned film about the plight of Filipinos working (or in some cases not working) in other countries. Nora has done it 'MERIKA, VILMA in PINAY, AMERICAN STYLE and ANAK and now, Sharon. Though it's been tackled before, the movie still offers some new insights. There's a bit of twist at the end. A welcomed vehicle for Sharon. A much better effort from Star Cinema after the forgettable WHEN LOVE BEGINS.

very nice indeed. people were expecting a heavy drama but it wasn't. mabigat 'yung tema pero tama lang ang pagkaatake. no hagulgol or hysterical moments. tamang luha lang.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008 at 09:25 PM by jekoy »
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline jekoy

• DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2008 at 09:27 PM »
Caregiver will open the gala premiere of the Paris Film Festival!
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2008 at 02:28 AM »
maybe it was sharon who suggested the song for the film. it is one of her favorite songs but has forgotten the title. when she worked with louie ocampo on her concert two years ago, she asked that song by singing it. she asked louie if she could make her own version, but louie told her that regine did it already for "covers volume 1". nanghinayang si sharon, but she sang it during the concert in 2006.

i was also surprised that it was used for the film. parang di bagay, naisip ko. but when you get to see the entire film, it fits well naman pala.

I thought it fits well after hearing PAALAM in the trailer. There's a very slight change in lyrics. A word? :)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2008 at 02:32 AM »
very nice indeed. people were expecting a heavy drama but it wasn't. mabigat 'yung tema pero tama lang ang pagkaatake. no hagulgol or hysterical moments. tamang luha lang.

Absolutely right. The trailer may misled the viewers that the film is a very heavy drama.

Caregiver will open the gala premiere of the Paris Film Festival!

The MAGKAPATID sisters are having their films in Paris Film Festival.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008 at 03:02 AM by thegoodbyeguy »

Offline RMN

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 03:44 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ05GZk8IKs

Why don't they make TVCs like this anymore?

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 12:38 AM »

MEGA TATLONG DEKADA on Ch. 2

Her 30 years in the business culminates in the recently shown 2-hour docu. My thoughts:

~ A whole segment on all 12 McDo commercials!

~ I wished Ms. Laurice Guillen could've talk more than Karen Davila.

~ Danny Zialcita in a very brief and rare TV interview. Nice.

~ Nice docu overall.

Next week, her MEGA 30 Concert will be shown on where else?

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 12:56 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ05GZk8IKs

Why don't they make TVCs like this anymore?

Even TV commercials are classier then.

Offline Fat Makoy

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Collector
  • I Love PINAS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 11:14 AM »
saw it also last night, sharonian kasi si esmi pati tuloy ako nakapanuod. imo, sharon was really a good actress. mukhang di na mapapantayan ni kc yung husay ni sharon nuong kabataan days nya.
Bless d man if his heart & his land r 1, d 3 stars & a sun. - FM

Offline jekoy

• DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
Reformat Sharon Show Petition
« Reply #86 on: Nov 23, 2009 at 01:29 AM »
patulong po!

PLEASE SIGN:

Reformat Sharon Show petition --
http://www.petitiononline.com/sharonol/

Let's get the word out there! Patulong po sa mga kapamilya, kaibigan, at kakilala!
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2009 at 01:30 AM by jekoy »
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline garyMD

• Collector
  • Life is A Gift!
  • Liked:
Re: Reformat Sharon Show Petition
« Reply #87 on: Nov 26, 2009 at 07:34 AM »
patulong po!

PLEASE SIGN:

Reformat Sharon Show petition --
http://www.petitiononline.com/sharonol/

Let's get the word out there! Patulong po sa mga kapamilya, kaibigan, at kakilala!

about time. parang novelty show ba yon or was made to make sharon laugh. parang sya lang ang natutuwa sa show nya kasi. a waste of sharon's articulate way of interviewing people.
Good friends are good for your health.
by Irwin Sarason :D

Offline iammarc

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Mar 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM »
Sa mga nagsabing mas deserving si Maricel Soriano na maka-grandslam hahaha...you making me laugh! e hanggang ngayon wala pa siyang Urian award, naungusan na siya ng mas younger generation sa kanya, magaling si Maricel pero not in drama, but in comedy...ilang beses na siyang tinalo ni Sharon sa mga awards noh! oa umarte si Marya at aminin nyo yan! kaya hindi siya mapansin ng Urian maybe nominated pero hindi binibigyan ng award, kasi nga puro ganon acting niya, pasigaw, tumitirik mata sa galit...hindi siya marunong ng subdued acting, yung tahimik lang, hindi hyterical un ang edge sa kanya ni Sharon, at isa nga si Sharon sa mga Lino Brocka's babies (together with Hilda Koronel, Christopher de Leon, Bembol Rocco, Lolita de Leon, Vilma Santos, Nora Aunor, Dina Bonnevie, Lorna Tolentino, etc.) I don't think na merong movie si Maricel Soriano na dinirek ni Lino Brocka, kasi nga hindi bilib si Lino Brocka sa kanya, isa pang director ang nagsabing isa si Sharon Cuneta sa nagpa-wow sa kanya in terms of acting, siya lang naman si Direk Jose Javier Reyes, kaya naman ung nagsabing palakasan, popularity why she won awards, that's stupidity! excellent ang performance niya sa Madrasta, si Nora nga tinalo niya e hahaha....at ang maling desisyon na nagawa dito sa Pinas ay ng paboran ng award giving bodies si Maricel sa Filipinas over Sharon sa Crying Ladies na alam naman natin sa sarili natin na mas magaling si Sharon sa kanya no, kaya nga may International Best Actress sa Brussels, kaya tumigil na kayo! Sharon excels in everything...singing, acting, hosting, etc. She's the one and only queen of 80's and 90's...wag ng isali si Maryang OA hahaha :D

Offline darth mond

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #89 on: Mar 13, 2012 at 07:32 PM »
Mukhang malaki ang galit mo talaga kay MAricel, Sir. Napasali ka pa ng PinoyDVD para lang makasagot dito. ;)