Author Topic: Polk Audio I-sonic ES2- one of the best ipod speaker docks in the market  (Read 938 times)

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Check out the Polk Audio I-sonic ES2. If anybody is interested, send me a PM

Pictures and details below:

The I-Sonic ES2 includes a second generation HD Radio tuner with full multicasting. With its advanced acoustical system, Digital Signal Processing, and new HD Radio tuner technology, the I-Sonic ES2 is one of the highest performing self-contained HD Radio products on the market. The I-Sonic ES2 accepts all iPod models with dock connectors in its top-mounted iPod dock, craftily hidden beneath a sliding door. S-Video and composite video outputs allow the user to connect a television or video monitor to the IES2 for viewing video content stored on a video iPod.

Polk's engineering breakthrough changes the rules for small system performance. Conventional table-top systems "beam" the sound straight towards the listener, even those with two speakers. At best, these designs can create a stereo soundfield for someone seated directly facing the unit. It's not at all satisfying for any other listeners in the room. Polk's exclusive, patent-pending I-Sonic design lets everyone in the room enjoy the rich sound. The I-Sonic stereo soundfield is projected all around. No matter where you are in the room, you'll get the full I-Sonic experience.

PowerPort venting technology belts out the kind of rich, powerful bass you'd expect from much larger stereo speakers. Bass ports redirect the sound created by the back of the speaker cone into the room. But conventional bass ports lose efficiency and create distortion because of air turbulence at the mouth of the port.

PowerPort vastly reduces air turbulence at the port mouth thereby reducing distortion and increasing bass output. This is the same technology used in Polk's legendary $10,000 Signature Reference Theater system. In the I-Sonic ES2 PowerPort delivers sound that is rich and warm, making all of your music and movies sound life-like and satisfying.

Built into every I-Sonic ES2 is a Digital Signal Processor (DSP) with the processing power of a small computer. Polk engineers have programmed the DSP to ensure that you hear incredible sound at every volume level in every spot in the room. First, a Dynamic Loudness Contour automatically adjusts bass and treble response to account for your ears' frequency sensitivity at low volume. You'll hear rich, well-balanced sound even at late-night listening levels. The DSP also prevents distortion at high volume with its Dynamic Compression. Go ahead, crank up the volume and play air guitar to your heart's content. With I-Sonic the sound will always be crisp, clear and clean. Finally, the powerful DSP controls the time delay and frequency shaping that is behind Polk's exclusive and patented I-Sonic four-speaker technology. You'll hear full-bodied, huge stereo sound in every spot in your room.

The I-Sonic ES2 has an integrated iPod dock on the top with a universal adapter for any size iPod, including the iPhone and iPod Touch. Listen to music or videos (Check Compatibility) through the dynamic sound of the I-Sonic ES2 speakers.

Use the integrated iPod dock to connect your iPod to the I-Sonic ES2 and you can stream videos directly to your TV via S-video or composite connection. Now you can watch and listen to your saved iPod videos easily, let the I-Sonic ES2 handle the hard stuff, you just sit back and relax.