Author Topic: Customs: (insert invective here)  (Read 13859 times)

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
Re: Customs: (insert invective here)
« Reply #30 on: Feb 25, 2010 at 01:14 PM »
May kaibigan ako who tried to ask a UK company to under-declare the cost of his package para hindi siya madali sa customs. Sinagot sa kanya:

You're so rude! We cannot believe you would even suggest we become a part of an improper criminal act such as that. We no longer would like to do business with you. Please consider your order terminated, and do not try to contact us in the future, or we shall be reporting you to the proper authorities.

Tawa kami ng tawa... how British. Lalo na yung opening, "You're so rude!"  ;D

Yan nga po ang ikinatatakot ko, baka yan ang sabihin ng Amazon...

HAHAHA

Thanks sir,...

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #31 on: Feb 25, 2010 at 01:18 PM »
Duon sa isang tanong mo, about declaring your Amazon order as a gift, nasubukan ko na yan noon, it doesn't work. They still place the price on the box if it ships outside of the United States, and local customs will still tax you if they feel like it.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #32 on: Feb 25, 2010 at 01:25 PM »
Duon sa isang tanong mo, about declaring your Amazon order as a gift, nasubukan ko na yan noon, it doesn't work. They still place the price on the box if it ships outside of the United States, and local customs will still tax you if they feel like it.

I understand sir,..

Thanks a bunch.

regards,
ABC

Offline edgarryan

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: Feb 25, 2010 at 08:10 PM »

You're so rude! We cannot believe you would even suggest we become a part of an improper criminal act such as that. We no longer would like to do business with you. Please consider your order terminated, and do not try to contact us in the future, or we shall be reporting you to the proper authorities.

Tawa kami ng tawa... how British. Lalo na yung opening, "You're so rude!"  ;D

Baka naman si Jar-Jar Binks ang kausap nya.  Hehehe.

Offline edgarryan

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Feb 25, 2010 at 08:10 PM »

Yun yun eh.  IF THEY FEEL LIKE IT. 

Offline edgarryan

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Feb 26, 2010 at 02:49 PM »
May dumating na namang notice sa akin kanina.  Wala namang siningil, except for the P35 service fee for each package.

Ang kinakatakot ko ngayon, baka singilin na naman ako pag dumating yung 300 Gift Box at yung Chaplin Collection Vol. 1 ko. 

Kausap ko yung taga-Post Office kanina.  Di rin nila alam ang sistema.  Masyadong arbitrary nga.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #36 on: Feb 26, 2010 at 04:01 PM »
Baka naman si Jar-Jar Binks ang kausap nya.  Hehehe.

Hindi naman "Meesa thinksa you so ruuuude!"  :P

;D
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Feb 26, 2010 at 04:18 PM »
I had a boxset of Bonnie & Clyde that had 2 special features dvds and no movie dvd. Warner USA was kind enough to send me a replacement dvd with the digipak. However, DHL and customs asked me to pay P850. I don't know how they computed that amount for a replacement item. I had to pay it since our office already advanced the amount when i wasn't home to receive it.

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Feb 26, 2010 at 06:17 PM »
I had a boxset of Bonnie & Clyde that had 2 special features dvds and no movie dvd. Warner USA was kind enough to send me a replacement dvd with the digipak. However, DHL and customs asked me to pay P850. I don't know how they computed that amount for a replacement item. I had to pay it since our office already advanced the amount when i wasn't home to receive it.

Nangyari sa 'kin dati 'yan sa Amazon. I ordered Pillow Book DVD which I thought was lost in the mail sa tagal ng pagdating. Nag-email ako sa Amazon, and they sent me a replacement.  It was delivered via Fed Ex, and Fex Ex charged me. Nagreklamo ako sa Amazon saying na kaya nga local post office lang ang gamit ko para di ako ma-charge ng malaki. Sabi ko pa na they didn't inform me about it.  What they did was pay me the amount I was charged for by Fed Ex.  A few days after, dumating 'yung Pillow Book na I ordered originally.  ;D
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline edgarryan

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Feb 26, 2010 at 09:45 PM »
Ibenta mo na lang yung extra Pillow Book mo sa akin.  Hehehe.

Mabait pala mga taga-Amazon. 

Offline Full HD 3D

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Aug 26, 2010 at 03:29 PM »
I had my expiring Cathay Pacific air miles points already and i redeemed an Omron blood pressure monitor which Cathay shipped to the post office via parcel section. Today, i asked my messenger to claim the said parcel in my behalf (Taguig Postal Office). This item was slapped custom duty,expanded Vat, Import Processing Fee,Customs Stamp and BIR Doc. Stamp with a total of 716 plus the postal fee of 40. I'm shocked!!
To those who have knowledge, can you guys educate me why i have to pay this amount since i knew that 100US$ below should be free of these charges except for the postal fee. Does this still apply? Beforehand, i used to brought in DVD via the postal(Mandaluyong) and if 1 or 2 pieces of DVD. I got to pay only 35 pesos. Of course to help the new gov't, i'm willing too.But i sense something's wrong so i asked my messenger to come back and did not pay the charges and just get the assessment sheet. 

Offline TOY 01

• Trade Count: (+323)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #41 on: Aug 26, 2010 at 10:13 PM »
^ $50 below sir ang tax free.
Allan 0917-8975003 (Please indicate username)

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Aug 26, 2010 at 10:25 PM »
Depende pa.  Especially pag walang nakaindicate na price, sometimes even labeled 'gift' get taxed, mas mahal pa, kasi their estimation are often more expensive than the real price...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline Full HD 3D

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Aug 27, 2010 at 03:58 AM »
^ $50 below sir ang tax free.
the assessment form price it at 20 us. Even amazon price it at this range.So why tax it.

Offline reeves24

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • "LUCK is when preparations meets opportunity."
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Aug 27, 2010 at 01:18 PM »
It's definitely "tongpats."  It happened to me before sa Paranaque PO, I have ordered DVDs from Amazon around $ 40 the PO personnel charged me almost Php 1,000.  I've complained and he reduced it to Php 500.00 without receipt.  He even showed his "computations."  Nakalimutan ko lang na Friday pala, it's either naghahabol sila sa "collections" kasi mag-weekend na.  Buti napalitan yung mga personnel dun ngayon madami sigurong nag-complain.  Sakit na ng taga-customs yan (di ko nilalahat), may mga matuwid naman although kakaunti lang sila.

Offline Blu-devil

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • DVD Addict
  • The Bible, The Worlds Most Famous Work of Fiction
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #45 on: Aug 29, 2010 at 12:31 PM »
I have to say I have been pretty lucky here with customs. I've had some quite costly items shipped to me (Blu-ray drive Blu-ray box sets etc) and have never had to pay more than 40 peso. Saying that the postmistress is a friend and she is also in charge of customs so go figure. Even at the air port I been lucky. I purchased a top of the line Epson all in one printer/scanner etc and is not even available in Phils but the rough price (from older model is 12,000 peso) walked it thru customs at airport. Guy asked me what it was, I tell him printer for home use, I smile. He smiles and says no problem sir have a nice day. I'm on my way. When my stuff arrived here from Thailand (2 seat custom made electric reclining sofa, Sony 52" HDTV, Onkyo 605, loads of furniture etc) I even managed to get it thru customs for just 2,000 peso - in hand. So It really is a crapshoot.
Denon AVR-4400H: Denon PMA520AE: DMP-UB400: Epson EH-TW9400: Jamo 7.1.4 Atmos Speakers: 135” screen

Offline sorbet

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Sep 19, 2010 at 08:18 AM »
^ Buti ka pa. I had terrible experiences with customs last year when I ordered one game + Fedex shipping totalling P2,300 I was charged around P1,500 for "storage fee" all those mind-boggling charges. Since then I stopped shipping directly through Fedex kasi you'll have no way of having the charges recomputed...it's either pay Fedex whatever customs asks for import duties and taxes or hindi na makukuha yung parcel.

Is it any different now? I mean, for people without contacts sa post office/Fedex?  ???

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #47 on: Sep 20, 2010 at 10:09 AM »
Never ever get Fedex for shipping stuff here in the Philippines lalo na galing sa States o UK. Sobrang taga ang rates nila! They said they have a person from customs assessing the taxes and duties so we can't get away with it. They also have this hidden charge called "stocking fee" yata tawag dun which you also have to pay for stocking charges in their warehouse. Sabihin nyo papano magkaka charge eh wala pang isang araw sa warehouse nila yun at kung maliit pwede nang i waive off. Mabilis nga makakarating dito pero yari ka naman sa babayaran mo bago mo makuha. Mas okay okay pa Johnny Air kahit papano pero di na ako nasusulitan lately.

Just read the other thread before, about customs and duties charges. Your breakdown is almost the same as discussed before but sadly you have to learn that way. I think we have to bear the brunt of E-VAT these days kasi kahit JAC is charging the added tax. Ilang beses na rin akong muntik makipagaway sa mga b*bong mga yun! By the way, nagmahal na rin ang singil ng mga post offices na dating 30 pesos tapos naging 35 tapos ngayon 40 pesos na.

FREE TRADE! woohoo
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #48 on: Sep 20, 2010 at 10:14 AM »
i agree with the "daya" computation of  fedex, tnt, ups, ems.. basta coming from them, siguradong may malaking tax, kelangan mo pa bayaran kasi aabonohan nila kaagad. so i never choose fedex.

ironically, pag direct post office ang route ko, small tax lang 30-40 pesos. so far wala pa naman nawawalang delivery sa akin.. delays lang..

i havent tried risking electronics via post office nga lang.. kakatakot e. but i recall before going to qc post office, nakita ko ang daming amazon big boxes sa may warehouse nila, and those balikbayan boxes... e mukang ok naman sila mag compute.