Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 485081 times)

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #30 on: Jun 29, 2010 at 08:06 PM »
^A number of them are going to be paid more than they're worth when the top FAs get signed and those with cap room have no one else to throw their money at. Like, the way it's looking, NY.

Offline iggi_08

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Jun 29, 2010 at 08:25 PM »
Yeah. Time for Rudy Gay to get paid!  ;D

Speaking of the Knicks, I won't be surprised if they go after JJ Redick. He's an FA, right? I think he'd fit well in D'Antoni's system, run & gun and no defense.  ;D
"Have faith in the Yankees, my son."

- Ernest Hemingway in The Old Man and the Sea

Offline geckoph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jul 01, 2010 at 08:09 AM »
Spurs swingman Richard Jefferson has opted out of the final year of his contract and will become a free agent.

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #33 on: Jul 01, 2010 at 08:34 AM »
Spurs swingman Richard Jefferson has opted out of the final year of his contract and will become a free agent.

It's alright. He's a disappointment to the Spurs.  ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2010 at 08:37 AM by dyerds »

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #34 on: Jul 01, 2010 at 09:39 AM »

yup, he is one overrated player!

less than 2 hrs to go before free agency! :D :D :D

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jul 01, 2010 at 10:30 AM »

Offline T33K0Y

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jul 01, 2010 at 01:22 PM »
Let's see how good Rivers is at coaching. It was well-known that Tom Thibodeau was really the genius behind Boston's vaunted defense.

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2119
« Reply #38 on: Jul 01, 2010 at 03:28 PM »
Watching the FS movement as well. I hope we can see lots of surprises!
I am closely monitoring Celtics movement  ;D.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline HDMI

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jul 01, 2010 at 05:15 PM »
This is how I think the NBA FA will workout:

1. LBJ will be in Chicago as the main man. The Bulls have a young core and a good supporting cast in place. But he'll forever be in MJ's shadow though.
2. Wade will remain with Miami.
3. Bosh will team-up with Wade in Miami.
4. Amare will be in New York to join his former coach.
5. Nowitzki will stay in Dallas.
6. Joe Johnson to team up with Amare in New York.
7. Boozer will join Wade in Miami if Bosh doesnt work out. Or maybe in New York if it does.
8. Paul Pierce as a LA-native will play for the Clippers.

;D

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jul 01, 2010 at 05:55 PM »
This is how I think the NBA FA will workout:
8. Paul Pierce as a LA-native will play for the Clippers.
 ;D

I doubt this will happen. Pierce and Allen will both stay in Boston since Rivers already announced that he will be returning next year. :D his first priority? maintain his starting five. :D hope boston can get another big man either brad miller or david lee..

Offline HDMI

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Jul 01, 2010 at 06:11 PM »
I doubt this will happen. Pierce and Allen will both stay in Boston since Rivers already announced that he will be returning next year. :D his first priority? maintain his starting five. :D hope boston can get another big man either brad miller or david lee..

Logically Pierce should be re-signed by Boston so the Big 3 will still be intact. But Allen's asking price and contract length may be too steep for Boston, given he's on the tail end of his playing career and not a consistent treat any longer. At the most he will probably be signed for 2 more years (to coincide with Garnett's tenure). As with Pierce, he opted out of this contract looking to cash in a longer-term deal. At 32 yrs old, he's probably got 2-3 productive years left, signing him beyond this is not practical for Boston. By this time also, Boston is likely in rebuilding mode, having an aging and expensive player on the roster wont help them.

I think Pierce will take the biggest offer he can get from other teams. With most of the superstar free-agents not keen on signing with the Clippers, I think he has the best chance of getting a max (or nearly max) contract there. Not a bad team though since there's Baron Davis, Kaman, Griffin and Gordon in their roster.
 :D

Offline pao625™

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Jul 01, 2010 at 06:24 PM »
Logically Pierce should be re-signed by Boston so the Big 3 will still be intact. But Allen's asking price and contract length may be too steep for Boston, given he's on the tail end of his playing career and not a consistent treat any longer. At the most he will probably be signed for 2 more years (to coincide with Garnett's tenure). As with Pierce, he opted out of this contract looking to cash in a longer-term deal. At 32 yrs old, he's probably got 2-3 productive years left, signing him beyond this is not practical for Boston. By this time also, Boston is likely in rebuilding mode, having an aging and expensive player on the roster wont help them.

I agree. :D

I think Pierce will take the biggest offer he can get from other teams. With most of the superstar free-agents not keen on signing with the Clippers, I think he has the best chance of getting a max (or nearly max) contract there. Not a bad team though since there's Baron Davis, Kaman, Griffin and Gordon in their roster.
 :D

i really doubt this will happen. He has been with boston all his career so why move to another team now?! just for money?! again, i think he will sign a long term deal with boston together with Allen (both making substantial amount of money, lets say mid level with their league experience) and make another run at the title. :D Boston vs. Lakers rubber match?! :D

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jul 01, 2010 at 09:49 PM »
FIRST!!! @WojYahooNBA tweets -- Y! Sources: Drew Gooden agrees to five year, $32 million deal with the Milwaukee Bucks. http://tinyurl.com/26rcgmn

Andrew Bogut ... Brandon Jennings ... Corey Maggette ... Chris Douglas-Roberts ... Drew Gooden (pending) ... plus, the Bucks are negotiating with FA John Salmons to return ...

-----

RE: Richard Jefferson

True, true, true...but, Jefferson staying in S.A.?

Richard Jefferson’s decision to opt out of the final $15 million season of his contract might not be a sign he’s willing to leave the San Antonio Spurs.

Sources said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich has been personally working out Jefferson in San Antonio. The free-agent forward could re-sign with the team at a number that lowers the franchise’s luxury-tax hit while guaranteeing him more money on the back end of a multiyear contract.

Adrian Wojnarowski, June 30, 10:30 ET
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2010 at 10:08 PM by geckoph »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jul 02, 2010 at 03:32 AM »
Gay agrees to max deal with Grizzlies

Rudy Gay(notes)  has agreed to a five-year, $81.6 million contract with the Memphis Grizzlies, his representatives at Octagon confirmed to Y! Sports.

The fifth and final year of the contract will be at Gay’s option.

“We have a verbal agreement on a deal,” said Gay’s agent, Jeff Austin.

The Grizzlies had the right to match any offer made to Gay because he’s a restricted free agent. But by reaching agreement quickly, they prevented another suitor – like the Minnesota Timberwolves – from front-loading a contract offer with a signing bonus that could have necessitated a first-year payment of $20 million.

NBA.com first reported the agreement.

Offline TOP 20

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • Turn, Turn, Turn
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jul 02, 2010 at 05:25 AM »
Memphis is an up & coming team & had a good 2009-'10 season. Rudy Gay is their main man ably supported by O.J. Mayo & veteran Zach Randolph. Good move in my opinion. Now, if they can only get Amare & Kirk Hihnrich, they will really be competitive.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-9
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

Offline iggi_08

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jul 02, 2010 at 05:54 AM »
Coach Jackson says he'll be back!  ;D

“Count me in,” Jackson said. “After a couple weeks of deliberation, it is time to get back to the challenge of putting together a team that can defend its title in the 2010-11 season. It’ll be the last stand for me, and I hope a grand one.”

3-peat na!  ;)

Full story HERE
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010 at 08:53 AM by iggi_08 »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 338
« Reply #47 on: Jul 02, 2010 at 07:03 AM »
^ Yeah!  The Zen Master's final run.  Hoping it's going to be another Holywood ending next season - 12th championship and fourth three-peat for PJ, and Kobe's 6th ring to surpass Magic and tie His Airness.  Pati rin pala si Fisher.  :D  Hope LA makes the right FA signings to make this work.

Just like Rudy Gay, looks like Joe Johnson is going to be staying put.  It's all about the money.  :P

« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010 at 07:05 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline iggi_08

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Jul 02, 2010 at 07:36 AM »
Looks like it. But WT ef Atlanta?! Joe Johnson, max contract?! Un-freakin-believable.

After his performance last season, especially during their playoff run, y'all think Joe deserves all that dough? I mean he's good, but not max contract good. IMO, they should let Johnson walk, make Crawford their starting 2-guard, then sign a couple of FAs to bolster their bench. Al Harrington, perhaps?  ::)

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jul 02, 2010 at 10:11 AM »
Memphis is an up & coming team & had a good 2009-'10 season. Rudy Gay is their main man ably supported by O.J. Mayo & veteran Zach Randolph. Good move in my opinion. Now, if they can only get Amare & Kirk Hihnrich, they will really be competitive.

I dunno, I think that the Rudy Gay signing means that they're gonna be mediocre for a long time. Rudy still has some potential, but giving a max contract to a guy who's never been an all star and has never in the playoffs is always a bad idea. If you think about it, they're giving Gay the kid of money they didn't want to spend on Pau Gasol a few years back. He doesn't seem to mesh very well with Mayo too.  He's a $10-12mil guy at best.

The unofficial signings so far:
Joe Johnson - ATL $127m  6 yrs
Rudy Gay - MEM $81.6m 5yrs
Amir Johnson - TOR $34m 5 yrs
Drew Gooden  - MIL $32m 5yrs
Channing Frye -PHO $30m 5 yrs
Darko Milicic - MIN $20m 4yrs

All of them are overpaid, although Frye and Gooden's midlevel deals are a bit reasonable.
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010 at 10:47 AM by rusty »

Offline HDMI

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Jul 02, 2010 at 11:31 AM »
I dunno, I think that the Rudy Gay signing means that they're gonna be mediocre for a long time. Rudy still has some potential, but giving a max contract to a guy who's never been an all star and has never in the playoffs is always a bad idea. If you think about it, they're giving Gay the kid of money they didn't want to spend on Pau Gasol a few years back. He doesn't seem to mesh very well with Mayo too.  He's a $10-12mil guy at best.

All of them are overpaid, although Frye and Gooden's midlevel deals are a bit reasonable.

Agree. Johnson and Gay are not worth it. i suppose the 2nd-tier FA's are lucky the teams spent their mid-level exceptions on them. Can't believe Darko is still signed for another 4 years. This guy is a prime-time bust (cant believe he was taken ahead of Carmelo in the draft).

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jul 02, 2010 at 12:31 PM »
Lakers have reportedly made an offer to Mike Miller, USD30M for 5 years.  Pwede!  [SOURCE]
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010 at 12:41 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jul 02, 2010 at 01:40 PM »
Lakers have reportedly made an offer to Mike Miller, USD30M for 5 years.  Pwede!  [SOURCE]

So, no more Raja Bell...

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Jul 02, 2010 at 01:43 PM »

Re-signing with a team = BORING...

I hope LeBron and Bosh will make the Free Agency exciting by signing (or even an S&T) with a team not named Cleveland Cavaliers and Toronto Raptors, respectively...and a shift of POWER in the NBA... :D
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010 at 01:45 PM by geckoph »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Jul 02, 2010 at 02:04 PM »
Re-signing with a team = BORING...

I hope LeBron and Bosh will make the Free Agency exciting by signing (or even an S&T) with a team not named Cleveland Cavaliers and Toronto Raptors, respectively...and a shift of POWER in the NBA... :D

I know, and some of the teams are spoiling it for us by overpaying their stars. From what I'm hearing, Bosh and Amare are most definitely leaving their respective teams (as indicated with the A. Johnson and Frye signings), I just hope that Dirk finds another team too. Dallas' semi-contender status is getting kinda boring. I also hear that the Nets are gaining leverage in signing Lebron/Bosh.

Other rumors:
Biedrins to Den for J. Smith or Kenyon
Boozer sign and trade to Orlando for Gortat, Carter and Bass

« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010 at 02:06 PM by rusty »

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jul 02, 2010 at 02:58 PM »
So, no more Raja Bell...

Baka pwede pa.  Not sure if the available money can make it all work, but I think the Lakers have about 4 or 5 roster spots to fill with the expected departure of guys like Farmar, Powell, Mbenga, Morrison and probably Shannon Brown.  Looks like LA is shoring up its front court with their two draft picks, and is going the FA route for backcourt help with guys like Bell, Anthony Morrow, Steve Blake, Earl Watson, Ridnour, etc.

I hope the Mike Miller deal pushes through.  He's ideal for the triangle offense - big guard with a deadly outside touch and all-around game.  Good rebounder too.  No wonder there's talk about him being recruited by the top tier FAs too.

We deserve better.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Jul 02, 2010 at 10:55 PM »
Amar'e era likely over at Phoenix, after, Hakim Warrick agreed to a deal (4-year, $18M) with the Suns...

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Jul 02, 2010 at 11:50 PM »

The Lakers are denying...

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Jul 03, 2010 at 06:49 AM »
^ Yeah, sounds like it's still all talk or under negotiation. [LINK]  This one seems more certain: Lakers are going to sign Steve Blake.  [LINK]  Good start.  But still hope they can land Miller too.

How about Wade and James in Chicago?  With Rose at PG and Noah at PF, and maybe a decent FA as center, tiklop na ang Eastern Conference...

« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2010 at 07:05 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Jul 03, 2010 at 08:33 AM »
One NBA analyst/reporter comments -- "Good luck to owners in bargaining sessions with union. Drew Gooden ($32 million), Hakim Warrick ($18 million), Steve Blake ($16 million)...and Rudy Gay's whopping $82 million. Union going to tack those numbers to a board and wonder how a broke league is spending so much."