Author Topic: NBA 2011  (Read 485073 times)

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
NBA 2011
« on: Jun 22, 2010 at 02:03 AM »
LAkers win the 2010 Season and now, let's begin talks of the coming one, starting with the rookie draft and free-agency talks/rumors, free agent signings etc

Obviously, John Wall will emerge numero uno draft pick.

As for free agent rumors...

-Tracy McGrady allegedly wants to play for the LAkers, but still a rumor. Ring chasers now setting eyes on LA  ;D

-LAkers looking to add a pointguard and interested with Steve Blake, Earl Watson or Luke Ridnour (Get Kirk Hinrich!)

-Phil Jackson and Doc Rivers still undecided on coming back for 2011

-Paul Pierce and Rey Allen might bolt Boston (I doubt Pierce goes but Allen might)

Offline The Stig

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: NBA 2011
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22, 2010 at 09:22 AM »
Don't really want McGrady in a Lakers uniform. That guy is a cancer to any team. Hinrich would be a great addition, but that looks very unlikely. Lakers need to find a replacement for Fisher at starting PG. Blake and Watson are good prospects, maybe even Chris Duhon. What I would love to add to LA is a pure shooter (Vujacic doesn't count  ::)), Kyle Korver anyone?

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 22, 2010 at 09:33 AM »
If we can have Tmac for cheap (as in really cheap) and he's ok with being part of the bench, then I'd take him in. I seem to remember Jerry West saying before that the LAkers need another slasher aside from Kobe to make sure that someone fills that role when Kobe's resting. Korver's a nice addition, but I doubt he accepts less money. Hinrich would be perfect as a triangle PG as he's a good shooter and Phil usually prefers bigger pointguards. Of Blake, Ridnour or Watson, I'd rather have Blake or Ridnour. I'm not sure Watson is as good as he was before, especially on the defensive end. Farmar is out IMHO. He's got two rings already and I think he wants the playing time now.

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #3 on: Jun 22, 2010 at 11:02 AM »
LAkers win the 2010 Season and now, let's begin talks of the coming one, starting with the rookie draft and free-agency talks/rumors, free agent signings etc

Obviously, John Wall will emerge numero uno draft pick.

As for free agent rumors...

-Tracy McGrady allegedly wants to play for the LAkers, but still a rumor. Ring chasers now setting eyes on LA  ;D

-LAkers looking to add a pointguard and interested with Steve Blake, Earl Watson or Luke Ridnour (Get Kirk Hinrich!)

-Phil Jackson and Doc Rivers still undecided on coming back for 2011

-Paul Pierce and Rey Allen might bolt Boston (I doubt Pierce goes but Allen might)

For sure, Phil Jackson will return next year for another 3peat. :D Doc Rivers will most likely to return to have another run with the celtics. I doubt Pierce and Allen will bolt out of Boston.. Rasheed might retire though.

Next season will be an exciting one for basketball fans! :D

If we can have Tmac for cheap (as in really cheap) and he's ok with being part of the bench, then I'd take him in. I seem to remember Jerry West saying before that the LAkers need another slasher aside from Kobe to make sure that someone fills that role when Kobe's resting. Korver's a nice addition, but I doubt he accepts less money. Hinrich would be perfect as a triangle PG as he's a good shooter and Phil usually prefers bigger pointguards. Of Blake, Ridnour or Watson, I'd rather have Blake or Ridnour. I'm not sure Watson is as good as he was before, especially on the defensive end. Farmar is out IMHO. He's got two rings already and I think he wants the playing time now.

I agree.. Felton will also be a good fit to the Lakers. :D
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2010 at 11:07 AM by pao625 »

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 22, 2010 at 12:29 PM »
Im a go for a conditioned McGrady...as long as he comes in cheap (veteran's minimum)......15-20 minute sub?? why not?  ;)

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #5 on: Jun 22, 2010 at 02:28 PM »
i dont think t-mac will be effective as a sub player.me thinks he's the type of player that needs the ball in his hands to be productive.the lakers brought in artest because if he has an off night in scoring his defense and hustle will always benefit the lakers.i doubt if t-mac can do the same.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #6 on: Jun 22, 2010 at 02:40 PM »
agree also on tmac (vet minimum) signing espcially if can still guard someone, that's what the lakers need a big guard who can.... well guard, a Ron Harper type, they dont need a pure point because of the triangle offense as we have seen in the past 20 year, 1-2-3 can bring the ball down. if t-mac can be that guy well then ...sweet

pjax will stay, the though of 4 3peats is hard to resist,

on june 25 (manila time) it will be draft day na, expect john wall to be a wizard and im sure arenas will be shipped out, i wonder if maraming big time deals sa draft day.
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2010 at 02:57 PM by kimpOy »

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 09:49 AM »
The Los Angeles Lakers and guard Raja Bell(notes) will enter free agency with a strong mutual interest to reach agreement on a deal, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Kobe Bryant(notes) has become a strong advocate for Bell, a former nemesis. After missing most of the season with surgery to repair ligaments in his non-shooting wrist, Bell is still expected to be a coveted bench player among contending teams. He could give the Lakers another strong perimeter defender and a solid outside shooting threat.

Bell, 33, was dealt to the Golden State Warriors in November as part of the Stephen Jackson(notes) trade with the Charlotte Bobcats. Bell missed all but six games last season.

Bell famously dropped Bryant with a clothesline foul in the 2006 playoffs, but the two developed a mutual respect and bond. Bell was ejected and suspended a game for the foul, and complained about Bryant’s tactics in the postgame news conference.

“It’s a personal thing when someone continually hits you in the face,” Bell said at the time. “That’s the only way I can put it. I’ve been playing as hard as I can play. I’ve been trying to do a good job, I’ve been trying to be what my team needs me to be, and I continually get hit in my face. There doesn’t seem to be any boundaries or limitations for what he’s allowed to do to me, and at that point, I kind of lost my cool and I took it into my own hands.”

Bell made a league-high 205 3-pointers in the 2006-07 season for the Suns under coach Mike D’Antoni, but his role changed the next season under Terry Porter and he was eventually shipped to Charlotte. Bell averaged 13 points in 45 games for the Bobcats in the 2008-09 season.

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 09:56 AM »
Lakers want players who have high-energy and defend well so Bell might be the best candidate.  Bell just like Artest can shoot the 3 so they are also threats when left open. Korver is not so good a defender, just like Radmanovich so they won't be interested in that.

Lakers have the best perimeter defenders already, they now need to support the bigs to prepare for Superman.  Just like how the Celtics (Garnett, Davis, Rasheed, Perkins) beat Orlando they need 4 good bigs rotating on him.  Bynum is not 100% anymore, Pau needs to rest. So they need another one, preferably big and agile, and a good post-defender and rebounder. (like Camby, Chris Andersen)
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2010 at 10:11 AM by ditoy_eagle »
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #9 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 11:24 AM »
I believe Phil Jackson will have (at least) 1 more year w/ the Lakers...THREE-PEAT!...also I believe Fisher will be resigned especially with his family situation (daughter's medical condition)...I believe Fish will retire with a Lakers uniform :D

NO to T-Mac, he's a jinx...the Lakers line-up is already good as it is...although another big man in the mold of Pau Gasol can help (as substitute)...Bynum still has lots of years to mature, hopefully the Lakers can "wait" for him, unless he is shipped to the Raptors in exchange for CB4 plus probably future draft picks...

Raja Bell is a good addition, Korver NOPE as he can't play defense...

For the Greenies in Beantown, maybe Doc will stay for a year, and Pierce will stay...Ray Allen may go to NJ :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 11:44 AM »
i hope ray allen stays with boston. he's the number one reason why i'm a boston fan. :)
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline T33K0Y

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #11 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 01:26 PM »
i hope ray allen stays with boston. he's the number one reason why i'm a boston fan. :)

Same here. But actually I'm hoping that Doc and all his key players (the Big 3, Rondo, Perkins, Rasheed, Big Baby, Nate and Tony Allen) stay and probably add a couple of legitimate big men who can play on both ends of the floor.. I think yun ang kulang nila last season..

Offline Blade

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 01:37 PM »
luvd the lakers but i like ray's style...
after a spectacular game 2...it was all downhill from there...
offense took a vacation coz of too much pressure containing the mamba...

bell would be a good fit...but i think they need a PG...
esp if farmar & brown cant knock down their shots...
camby too injury prone...(sorry for camby's fans)...
imho...

Online sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #13 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 02:47 PM »
Gusto ni Kobe kunin lahat ng magaling dumipensa sa kanya para di na niya kailangang kalabanin. Matalino! ;D

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 02:55 PM »
haha tama
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Online bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #15 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 03:05 PM »
Bell can play "PG". They just need to take the ball past midcourt anyway.

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 854
« Reply #16 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 03:35 PM »
IMHO the Lakers should go for the CB trade for Bynum. For the past 3 years Bynum has been either hampered with an injury or not playing at all.  They shouldnt wait for his value to decrease even more if he logs another injury prone season for 2010-2011. Kobe is locked up for three years and so is Gasol and Odom and Artest. adding CB in the mix plus good quality role players will at the very least assure them of being the conference champs for the next three years barring any major injuries to Mamba and Gasol. If any of those two goes down with a long term injury they can say goodbye to their title.

Bynum showed the heart of a warrior during the finals however the Lakers NEED to win the rings for the next year and beyond to balance the checkbook and make it profitable for Jerry Buss. They cannot rely on an injury prone center to do so. Remember that they have the highest payroll in the league if im not mistaken.

TMac? nevermind. The guy never plays defense and is a black hole on offense plus the fact that he was already ravaged by injury for the past 3 years. i'd rather they use the money to get a young, diamond in the rough role player who is willing to do whatever it takes to win.

Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 03:56 PM »
lakers will have to add more to bynum for  toronto sign and trade  hoping to be max player chris bosh, about 10M more i think, and one one except lamar is enticing on the laker's bench

miami had just clear more cap space by trading deaquan cook to the okc thunder, i have a feeling that pat riley is cooking something up.

Offline HDMI

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 05:58 PM »
Adding Bosh to the Lakers would be like having a fantasy team in reality. But Bosh is a centerpiece player, not an addition. I think the Lakers would just need to add a reliable point-guard plus a 3-point threat. They can also trade Bynum for someone who is less injury-prone.

I would be more interested on how Miami and Wade does during this offseason. Miami has room for 3 max contracts. Wade has said he wants to stay, but I wonder who else will be joining him. Bosh, Amare, Joe Johnson, Boozer, David Lee...who else? I doubt if LBJ will join Wade as both needs to be the alpha-dogs of their teams. But things may change for a chance to win a ring.

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 06:02 PM »
lakers will have to add more to bynum for  toronto sign and trade  hoping to be max player chris bosh, about 10M more i think, and one one except lamar is enticing on the laker's bench

miami had just clear more cap space by trading deaquan cook to the okc thunder, i have a feeling that pat riley is cooking something up.

Pwede yan! Add PJax to Bynum for CB! ehehehe... ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2010 at 06:03 PM by T33K0Y »

Offline HDMI

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 06:22 PM »

I read somewhere that it was Magic and/or the GM who pushed Buss to re-sign Odom. I doubt if the Lakers can do a sign-and-trade with him for CB. 2 players in exchange for 1? I think that will screw up the Lakers rotation or their bench-line-up. Plus it might cost more for the Lakers as they are way over the luxury tax.

Offline iggi_08

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 08:25 PM »
Gusto ni Kobe kunin lahat ng magaling dumipensa sa kanya para di na niya kailangang kalabanin. Matalino! ;D

then battier should be on the top of their list.  ;D

tomorrow's draft day! hoping for a lot of surprises.  ;)
"Have faith in the Yankees, my son."

- Ernest Hemingway in The Old Man and the Sea

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jun 24, 2010 at 11:00 PM »
then battier should be on the top of their list.  ;D

sama na din si tony at ray allen.  ;D

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Jun 25, 2010 at 12:11 AM »
rumor: chicago bulls shopping their pick plus luol deng to clear more cap space to lure 2 max player (lebron and bosh)

imagine if this become a reality Rose, Lebron, Bosh, Noah

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jun 25, 2010 at 05:17 AM »
Bulls allegedly ships Kirk Hinrich and their 17th pick to the Wizards. Not yet finalized, though, but the Sacramento Kings were said to be waiting in the wings to offer a similar package for Hinrich.

Byron Scott wouldn't accept any coaching offer until he knows the real situation in Los Angeles. He really wants to coach the LAkers if ever Phil retires.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jun 25, 2010 at 07:22 AM »
bulls will ship hinrich on july 8 due to cap restrictions, 9M off the books and damn near 30M cap space ng chicago.

Offline Brian_mico

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • Dakilang mangbabakal at magbobote
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jun 26, 2010 at 03:46 PM »
bulls will ship hinrich on july 8 due to cap restrictions, 9M off the books and damn near 30M cap space ng chicago.

yup that's correct, Chicago really doing  all the possibilty to acquire LJ and CB...

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 338
« Reply #27 on: Jun 29, 2010 at 07:14 AM »
The NBA rumor mill is now heating up as we near July 1. Aside from the rumored LBJ and Bosh signing by Chicago, Stephen Smith of Fox Sports Radio says that there is also some discussion for both all-stars to join Wade in Miami. He even said it's a done deal. That would be some kind of a Big Three!  But can they co-exist?  Looks like Miami is going to be a threat next year - it almost sounds sure that at least one of the key free agents will join Wade. Could be Boozer too.

Read somewhere that Boston is also courting Brad Miller.  ???  Maybe they should go with someone younger and more energetic.
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2010 at 08:03 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jun 29, 2010 at 04:04 PM »
Oh man! I hope the new bigger three materializes in Miami. I'd like to see their egos explode and make Pat Riley commit suicide. Really, if you thought Shaq/Kobe was a soap opera, then this one's gonna be effin WWE-esque. Hehehe.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 338
« Reply #29 on: Jun 29, 2010 at 07:57 PM »
Yeah, that's the kind of team you want when you play NBA Live.  But, in actual games esp. in the playoffs, it could be messy (but fun to watch).  I remember how the Lakers self-destructed in the post-season with their Fab Four of Kobe, Shaq, Payton and Malone.  :P

If this all-star signing pushes through, wonder where the other "lesser quality" FAs will go.  Here's SI's list of the Top 40 FAs (LINK).  This is really going to be an off-season to remember...  

« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2010 at 08:04 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.