Author Topic: Devant 32CL900 LCD TV Review  (Read 101806 times)

Offline syoti

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
Re: Devant 32CL900 LCD TV Review
« Reply #30 on: Aug 22, 2010 at 09:23 PM »
wow, that helped a lot..!! thanks.

Offline arkyusi

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Aug 23, 2010 at 01:06 PM »
i saw the devant 32" signature series (HD READY) yesterday in anson's festival mall.. they are giving it at P27K cash.. FREE nextbase hdmi dvd player and FREE 5.1 ch. speakers.. astig ng porma!  :o

i think its a good deal.. havnt decided yet.. baka may idagdag pa na freebies.. and im kinda hesitant pa.. parang wala akong nakikitang service center nila.. btw nextbase and devant are 1 and the same brand.. per salesman..  ;)

also, may promo din sa SnS na LG 32LD330 free HT.. at P24K ata.. so lalong nagulo utak ko..  ???

help guys..  :-\

Offline chris2sean

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Sep 10, 2010 at 06:11 PM »
mga bossing ano po setting nyo when playing dvd?hindi po kasi maganda picture quality pag dark scenes...
devant 32cl900 po unit with nextbase dvd player

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Sep 10, 2010 at 06:21 PM »
i saw the devant 32" signature series (HD READY) yesterday in anson's festival mall.. they are giving it at P27K cash.. FREE nextbase hdmi dvd player and FREE 5.1 ch. speakers.. astig ng porma!  :o

i think its a good deal.. havnt decided yet.. baka may idagdag pa na freebies.. and im kinda hesitant pa.. parang wala akong nakikitang service center nila.. btw nextbase and devant are 1 and the same brand.. per salesman..  ;)

also, may promo din sa SnS na LG 32LD330 free HT.. at P24K ata.. so lalong nagulo utak ko..  ???

help guys..  :-\

if i were you id get the LG37"460 Full HD LCD for 29k. ;)
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline devante

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Sep 25, 2010 at 04:25 PM »
im planing to buy DEVANT Elite Series 32" Ultra slim *Full HD* Superoir Clear*Full Color Optimzer*USB Slot

HDMI*PC Input* SRS*Invisible Speaker @ higit sa lahat Touch sensor button

galing kasi ako sa Western applinces store sa ok naman para sakin maganda rin halos nagaya nya samsung Quality nag demo sakin talaga mahusay sabi pa nya dalin ko raw xbxo360 ko para makita ko raw setting ng fullhd para lang ma confirm ko yung specification ko kasi balak ko LG 32LD460 halos ganun din Quality
kasi Bago lang sa atin DEVANT.

Sorry medyo napahaba :D

PS.

planing to BUY Before end sept 30 kasi matatas ulit sila price wala na promo freebie
saka sa LG 150watts consume ito sa DEVANT 115WATTS lang so mas save sa electricity bill ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 25, 2010 at 04:37 PM by devante »

Offline ajiwhite

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Nov 04, 2010 at 02:28 AM »
I'm from Baguio. I bought a 32" DX850 Signature Series last October 17, 2010.  After about a week, I noticed that the TV's volume gradually increases from 0 - 25.  But when I increase it some more to 26, there is a tremendous surge in the volume which is consistently loud until volume 49. Then the volume suddenly disappears at Volume 50 which gradually increase again til Volume 100. I went back to the store where I bought it but they won't change the unit since apparently their "return policy" is within 24 hours only upon purchase.  They referred me to the authorized service center who told me that they will be replacing the TV's main board to fix the problem, but I need to wait for at least 2 weeks since they will still place the order.  We still use the TV but I really feel bad  >:( having to invest so much for a TV that has already shown its manufacturing defect just barely a week out of the box. Any of you guys had the same bad experience? I sure Hope not.  ???

Offline Prometheus75

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Nov 04, 2010 at 04:38 AM »
I'm from Baguio. I bought a 32" DX850 Signature Series last October 17, 2010.  After about a week, I noticed that the TV's volume gradually increases from 0 - 25.  But when I increase it some more to 26, there is a tremendous surge in the volume which is consistently loud until volume 49. Then the volume suddenly disappears at Volume 50 which gradually increase again til Volume 100. I went back to the store where I bought it but they won't change the unit since apparently their "return policy" is within 24 hours only upon purchase.  They referred me to the authorized service center who told me that they will be replacing the TV's main board to fix the problem, but I need to wait for at least 2 weeks since they will still place the order.  We still use the TV but I really feel bad  >:( having to invest so much for a TV that has already shown its manufacturing defect just barely a week out of the box. Any of you guys had the same bad experience? I sure Hope not.  ???

Have you tried contacting Techpoint itself for a possible replacement? I'm fairly certain they'd be more receptive to that. And given that the 'authorized service center' itself has already pointed to the main board as the culprit (not to aggravate you further, but... OMG), I personally would not settle for anything other than a full-on replacement. Get the DTI involved if you must, on a worse-case scenario.
Going 3D, at last! (And I don't care it it's a fad.)

Offline ajiwhite

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Nov 04, 2010 at 11:36 AM »
Have you tried contacting Techpoint itself for a possible replacement? I'm fairly certain they'd be more receptive to that. And given that the 'authorized service center' itself has already pointed to the main board as the culprit (not to aggravate you further, but... OMG), I personally would not settle for anything other than a full-on replacement. Get the DTI involved if you must, on a worse-case scenario.

I did not bother calling Techpoint anymore since in their Warranty Certificate, the "Covered with Direct Replacement" clause says that the unit is replaceable within 7 days of purchase only.  However to my "consolation" it says also that they will replace the unit if after "reasonable number of attempts to remedy a defect, the unit still continues to suffer the same defect."  I'm like... What?!? ...Are they kidding?!?... Of course they need to replace such inferior, substandard unit if the problem is not remedied. But the problem is, how would you quantify "reasonable number of attempts"?  ??? ..... Nevertheless, I still have high regard that they won't let this concern taint their valued Corporate Responsibility. I'm still hoping for a positive after-sales service from them, which I sincerely pray would be sooner than later.  :( 

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #38 on: Nov 05, 2010 at 01:29 AM »
sayang, medyo competitive ang prices nila pati narin quality (kahit papaano).   masisira lang dahil sa after sales.  tsk tsk tsk!  again, sayang! 
ninjababez online ..

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • HD Player Enthusiast :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Nov 11, 2010 at 09:09 AM »
You wouldn't experience anything like that with LG after sales. :)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #40 on: Nov 11, 2010 at 09:18 AM »
Devant?  I wouldn't recommend it.  Bought a portable DVD player from them before.  Nasira after 1 week yun battery.  Di raw covered sa warranty.  Considered as accessory daw yun battery.  Di ba thev battery is part of the DVD player and not accessory for the mere fact that the DVD player won't run without it?  Simula nun di na ako bibili ng Devant.

Offline carloloi16

• Collector
  • Kryptonian
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Nov 15, 2010 at 05:40 AM »
buti nalang i saw this thread, i almost closed a deal with an anson's agent. i was about to pay the unit tomorrow..it's really nice to be a member of this community..

Offline onix

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Nov 30, 2010 at 03:15 PM »
if i may... i've been personally using my devant cl900 wid the dvd player freebie for more than 3 months now.  Not once did it give me any problems.  It performed as well as it claimed it would.  The player read all my downloaded files from the jpegs, avi's to the divx from my portable drive even if its inside a separate folder.  Though its dashboard and interface may not be as well polished as those of sony, LG, and even Samsung, its a minor thing that I can overlook.  For me what's important is when I bought it for its said features and it delivered those feauters, that's already good enough for me.  Again, this is just me saying things as it is. :)

Offline carloloi16

• Collector
  • Kryptonian
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Nov 30, 2010 at 09:53 PM »
good for you sir..guess not all people are as lucky as you are..

Offline xirmiji

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Dec 04, 2010 at 05:44 PM »
in the show room showed me that the panel of Devant is Samsung,
what does that actually mean?
does the panel mean the actual board used is same as samsung?

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #45 on: Dec 05, 2010 at 03:17 AM »
in the show room showed me that the panel of Devant is Samsung,
what does that actually mean?
does the panel mean the actual board used is same as samsung?
it means they got the panel from samsung, but they are using their own technology to drive the panel.
IIRC samsung used to to get their panels from LG (or the other way around)  :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline chillcee

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Dec 07, 2010 at 08:25 PM »
@Stagea
Oh yeah! I didn't notice the 'Add Resolutions' button before! then there's a 'Create Custom Resolution' button after that! Thanks a lot sir! :D

Also, it looks like my Nvidia drivers needs some updating... ;D

I want to know if the picture is still the same from the first 5 months you bought to present. Is it still the same? I am planning to buy one this week. Pinagpipilian ko ung Sony Bravia bx300, Devant 32, and Samsung 3 Series, overall seems devant is the okay, but I am looking for the brand name which is Sony, but the picture is not good same as samsung.

Offline kalogerz

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Dec 08, 2010 at 05:17 PM »
I want to know if the picture is still the same from the first 5 months you bought to present. Is it still the same? ...

For almost 6 months now and counting, so far my Devant TV is still working perfectly, used everyday, for TV & movies. :)

Is Devant still offering the same prices/promos (free upscaling HDMI DVD players, etc.) on their LCDs? because i'm not updated anymore. Thanks guys! :D

Offline vortex1

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #48 on: Dec 09, 2010 at 08:07 AM »
I also have a Devant 32" which I bought last Dec 2008. I would say that it's durabilty has been tested and so far so good it is still working perfectly. PQ is still the same..... no dark spots, no backlight bleeding.

Not that I'm just waiting for it's time to come so that I have a reason to upgrade to a bigger size... but fortunately everything's working fine.

My only gripe is about the volume control.... it seems that even if you increase the volume... the sound doesn't increment. the sound volume is still the same from volume 30 until ... say 50 or 60. there would be slight improvement in volume at 70 to 100. weird!

Offline benjo2684

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Dec 10, 2010 at 12:14 AM »
buti na lang di ko nakuha ung inoffer sa kin one time na 37 inch.olats pala after sale support.kung ako yan papa palitan ko talaga ung unit lalo na at within the week.di biro biro magtrabaho sa gabi ah.pati ung sound volume mukhang may issue.

price is really competitive sa devant pero kung ganyan din lang ang support wag na lang.ung sa LG ko base lang ang issue inofferan ako ng unit replacement ng manager nila which I politely declined.never naman akong nasiraan ng LG unit.naka 4 na rin akong LCD.

Offline swensonb

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #50 on: Dec 23, 2010 at 10:32 PM »
Newbie Here

i just found about this site and i want to share also my new DEVANT LCD TV 1 week old

i set my PS3 resolution to automatic and set my NEXTBASE HDDVD to 1080p which is good quality

just the output audio on tv is a little low so i output it on my JVC COMPONENT and viola thats it

enjoyed watching and playing everyday

regards
swensonb

Offline Prometheus75

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Dec 24, 2010 at 01:36 PM »
Newbie Here

i just found about this site and i want to share also my new DEVANT LCD TV 1 week old

i set my PS3 resolution to automatic and set my NEXTBASE HDDVD to 1080p which is good quality

just the output audio on tv is a little low so i output it on my JVC COMPONENT and viola thats it

enjoyed watching and playing everyday

regards
swensonb

Congratulations, man. Nothing beats playing videogames on a widescreen flatscreen! ;D ;D ;D

Offline memeru

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jan 04, 2011 at 01:38 PM »
im new here in pinoy dvd

just purchased devant signature series with freebies of dvd player and speaker kagabi

im glad of positive comment

Offline musicholic23

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Jan 04, 2011 at 09:30 PM »
wow..happy also to read many positive comments..just bought a devant signature series also..26 inches nga lang..nung una 24 elite series, nkontento kami sa gnda, kya pinalaki nalang namin to 26..almost 18k ang price sa robinsons appliance with hdmi player..hoping also it will last as what i read here and the sales agent promised us na possibly after 10 yrs pa bago makitaan ng pagbbago ang lcd which ang colors mgkprob.hehe..

Offline billboard100

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Jan 31, 2011 at 12:14 PM »
I Bought a Samsung Series 6 LCD TV 32" para sa maliit kong room. I got it at 35,900 and I must say wow ang ganda.... wala akong masabi sa quality at may clear motion technology... deeper ang blacks niya...and downloaded HD videos are crisp and clear...

Actually gusto ko sana yung LED Series 5 na model kasi mura lang at 32,000 kaya lang di available dito at that time. But when I saw series 6 and my price drop from 44,000 to 35,900 kinuha ko na....

Di ako nagsisisi....

Before gusto ko rin sana yung Devant 32" Elite Series kasi mura na and andaming freebies pa kaya lang bitin ako sa Contrast Ratio.... And parang wala silang Clear Motion Technology....  ::) ::) ::)

I watched my favorite Moulin Rouge na blu-ray copy na pirated sa bago kong samsung series 6 and I must say ang ganda ganda ng kuha.... And I downloaded HD Format Videos Like the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show on my Flash Drive and plugged it in My LCD and I must say super ganda.... Ayoko ko nang lumabas ng bahay dahil diyan. Ha ha ha

I love it....
By the way yung 2-year old Xbox 360 ko.... yun ang ginagamit ko to watch movies at ang ganda parang may upscaling kasi 1080p na ang Xbox 360... So I really don’t need a standalone player with upscale feature.

Offline deepdiver

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Feb 01, 2011 at 12:37 PM »
i have a devant signature series been working great without any problems. had it since july 2010. my bro has a devant lcd at buhay pa even after 3 years hahahah.

for those who have been encountering problems with the retailers i strongly suggest reklamo nyo sa dti and also read up on your rights as consumers. just google consumer act of the philippines

Offline csr2

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Feb 03, 2011 at 02:41 PM »
may warehouse sale ngayong week ang devant sa Enterprise center Makati
37" at 20k
32" at 16.5k
24" at 10k

nextbase dvd players are also on sale

Offline Prometheus75

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Feb 03, 2011 at 07:53 PM »
may warehouse sale ngayong week ang devant sa Enterprise center Makati
37" at 20k
32" at 16.5k
24" at 10k

nextbase dvd players are also on sale

Do note, though, that those units on sale are either store display sets (which are normally on for 6-8 hours everyday) or merchandise returns with "slight cosmetic damages".

And warranty is only for 6 months.

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #58 on: Feb 05, 2011 at 05:00 PM »
Do note, though, that those units on sale are either store display sets (which are normally on for 6-8 hours everyday) or merchandise returns with "slight cosmetic damages".

And warranty is only for 6 months.

its that true? tsk tsk tsk
i got there yesterday as well

kita ko nga ung mga units
37inch hd ready 20k

ung nextbase nb895 - 1800 nalang (HDMI)

ung portable dvd player - 3.5k

up natin sa mga may gusto
hangang ngayon nalang ata un
Love me or hate me.....

Offline iAMhitek

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Feb 05, 2011 at 07:42 PM »
Got this power reading for Devant 32CL900 last January 6,2011 at one of the biggest stores in the Philippines. The measured power consumption was based on the store's showroom setting and demo video. By the way, this model is rated at 100-240 Volts (auto volt); 50-60 Hertz; 130 Watts.

USER setting:    115 Watts (118 VA)   +/- 3 Watts

brightness and contrast (picture) settings did not influence the power consumed.
the backlight setting determined how much power was consumed.

just sharing guys.............