Author Topic: 3m bumpons as platter mat?  (Read 692 times)

Offline endrik35

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
3m bumpons as platter mat?
« on: Jul 03, 2010 at 09:46 AM »
Hi guys, after using the funk firm achromat for some time, Iv'd notice that for acrylic plinths, this mat is an overkill, it deadens resonance so much that on tt with acrylic plinths, life is sucked out of the music. On old tt with aluminum platters and direct drive, this is where the achromat stands out. Tried it on an old dual CS-606, gumanda yung sound! Eh pano na yung acylic plinth ko? So I sold the achromat(Thanks Fr.Jim) and tried a few combinations. I'm using a rega glass platter so first option was to place the vinyl over the glass! PRAT improved, matining lang pero detalyado. Next is putting Doc Lito's mat on top of the glass platter, detail and PRAT was great but you know what gave me the best sound? I bought 3m bumpons at ace, the small ones that are shaped like the Ricoa flat top choco's. Then I placed it directly on top of the glass platter. Uido na lang yung spacing and design nung paglagay. The thing is that since this is a bumpon, di to nakakagasgas and it is a little sticky kaya parang hinihigop nya yung vinyl. You can also put a record clamp if you want. Then I put in Jacintha's LP.. .Damned, details remind me of higher end tt's. At nabawasan yung noise. This is such a cheap option that for those of you guys who have Rega glass platters. try it on yours, wala namang mawawala. Thanks and Godbless! here are some pics:

« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2010 at 09:49 AM by funk firm »
Lenco L-75,Consonance ref 2.2 cdp,Melos MA110 pre, Muse model100 amp,Sonus faber signum
REL Strata3

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
Re: 3m bumpons as platter mat?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 04, 2010 at 06:38 AM »
Reminds me of a Korvet 038 and its stands on the platter.  :)