Author Topic: Measy FULL HD 1080P Player  (Read 250876 times)

Offline tebenets

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Measy FULL HD 1080P Player
« Reply #1080 on: Dec 10, 2011 at 12:57 PM »
No sir. use the L/R out of your LCD to connect it to your Xenon. That way, you control either the Xenon OR Measy the volume. Just set one of them to maximum volume.

Hth

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #1081 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 12:09 AM »
quick question:

X6 vs E8HD vs E8HDL

i've narrowed down my choices to these three nmts. what are the pros and cons for each? TIA

Offline garfield03

• Trade Count: (+83)
  • DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #1082 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 12:35 AM »
quick question:

X6 vs E8HD vs E8HDL

i've narrowed down my choices to these three nmts. what are the pros and cons for each? TIA

E8HD uses older Realtek Chipset 1073DD+ so disregard this one.

X6 and E8HDL use the same newer chipset RTD 1185. Exactly the same GUI. The only difference is the body. E8HDL is more bulky and firm type while X6 looks more fragile. HDD tray E8HDL much convenient to install and remove. For X6, much harder.

If I where you...GO for E8HDL.

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #1083 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 03:32 AM »
quick question:

X6 vs E8HD vs E8HDL

X6 is sleek and low profile, front buttons and digital display gives you that look.
- if you dont remove disk that often go for measy X6. you only plug the disk once, your two abled fingers should easily push the disk in.  Later just copy files via LAN or USB ports should be just as easy (which is the only excuse why you remove disks).

E8HD on 1073 chip is still good, i have a 1073 based player that's running still after 2 years of use. If you have one on hand, dont let the hype of 1185/1186 force you to upgrade. If it still works, stay with it.
Pero if you are looking for a new NMT, 1185 or 1186 (3D) realteks are good.

While on the topic, in case you are wondering what you are missing over the bakod (i.e. PCH NMTs, etc), its the full BD menu navigation feature (as against BD-lite). IMO Sigma 8643 handles better the UI requirement over realtek, (not sure if its the Realtek SDK is what limits it).
You can see this when you deal while traversing cover arts of 7 items x3 rows or 7 items x 2 rows,  Oh well that partly explains the price difference of Sigma over realtek.

HTH
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2011 at 12:58 PM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline tatubias

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1084 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 09:43 AM »
i had e8hd it was an excellent player the new E8HDL it has new improvements so i will recommend E8HDL.

x6 has a different cpu it is more powerful the case of the device is not as stylish as e8hd (aluminum case) x6 is from metal / plastic mimics aluminum.

if you want a more powerful player you can buy x5.
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2011 at 09:53 AM by tatubias »

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #1085 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 12:55 PM »
i had e8hd it was an excellent player the new E8HDL it has new improvements so i will recommend E8HDL.

x6 has a different cpu it is more powerful the case of the device is not as stylish as e8hd (aluminum case) x6 is from metal / plastic mimics aluminum.

if you want a more powerful player you can buy x5.

mas ok ba ung metal / plastic mimics aluminum kesa sa aluminum case?

Love me or hate me.....

Offline jaime4i

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • x265
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #1086 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 08:00 PM »
Guys ask ko lang if you experience this...

While playing the movie file to my Measy E8HD --- **** **** 1080p Blu-ray Remux AVC DTS-HD MA 5.1-KRaLiMaRKo meron choices subtitle na naka embed sa movie pero if i choose english language walang lumalabas na subtitle... but if i pplay the movie directly to my PC using VLC Media Player, the English subtitle automatically shows. whats the possible problem with this? Im using the new firmware that i downloaded @ measy site.
JMOT Trucking Services (Prime Mover & Trailers)
Sasa, Davao City
0925-859-0601

Offline czarsky

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #1087 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 11:04 PM »
Good for you as my E8HD won't accept any other firmware but the 6.23AW . . . I tried many times to force upgrade to V9.06 and just last weekend to V9.10 but no luck, it's good though that it still accepts V6.23 after failing FW upgrade  :)

I tried to update not only because of the new GUI but because I have a downloaded Cars2.mkv 720P file that only plays the audio but not the video. What's interesting is that when you press "Info" no Video codec information is being displayed  ??? 

Weird because it has no issue playing in my VLC player and my friend's E8HD and Kaiboer  :(

czarsky
thanks!
czarsky

Offline Theus

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1088 on: Dec 18, 2011 at 08:37 PM »
got my E8HDL. watched an MKV file, PQ's quite good but i noticed flickering whenever there's a "fire scene" (fire projects upwards, parang laser shooting up  ???). i don't recall getting the same issue on my WDTV Live on same movie. any tweaks needed? thanks.

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #1089 on: Dec 18, 2011 at 10:48 PM »
got my E8HDL. watched an MKV file, PQ's quite good but i noticed flickering whenever there's a "fire scene" (fire projects upwards, parang laser shooting up  ???). i don't recall getting the same issue on my WDTV Live on same movie. any tweaks needed? thanks.

Check Video Setting of the Player...  
« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2011 at 10:49 PM by garfield03 »

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1090 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 12:25 AM »
Good for you as my E8HD won't accept any other firmware but the 6.23AW . . . I tried many times to force upgrade to V9.06 and just last weekend to V9.10 but no luck, it's good though that it still accepts V6.23 after failing FW upgrade  :)

I tried to update not only because of the new GUI but because I have a downloaded Cars2.mkv 720P file that only plays the audio but not the video. What's interesting is that when you press "Info" no Video codec information is being displayed  ??? 

Weird because it has no issue playing in my VLC player and my friend's E8HD and Kaiboer  :(

czarsky

no way to get it replaced at this time? sayang naman if audio but no video. some players behave similarly but after rebooting ok na, and playing the same video, ok na ulit.
toy

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #1091 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 06:56 AM »

czarsky

I believe your E8HD is still the one without LED screen n button in front. Right? Is your friend unit the same as yours?

Offline czarsky

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #1092 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 11:30 PM »
Sir Gary - Yes, its the one without the LED display and button in front . . . it is similar to what I got for my friend last May of this year and I bought both units from you.

I actually sent a note to MEASY to ask for help but their reply is to do a force upgrade. A little frustrating because that is what I'm have been doing but no luck  :(

As for the warranty, I don't think I can claim anymore since I already broke the seal to "force upgrade" the unit and now one year has passed. 

Anyway, it's just one movie and I can still enjoy my other HD collection  :)

czarsky   
thanks!
czarsky

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #1093 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 11:43 PM »
Sir Gary - Yes, its the one without the LED display and button in front . . . it is similar to what I got for my friend last May of this year and I bought both units from you.

I actually sent a note to MEASY to ask for help but their reply is to do a force upgrade. A little frustrating because that is what I'm have been doing but no luck  :(

As for the warranty, I don't think I can claim anymore since I already broke the seal to "force upgrade" the unit and now one year has passed. 

Anyway, it's just one movie and I can still enjoy my other HD collection  :)

czarsky   

ic..I think their is a flaws in the 1st few batch of E8HD. That was 2010..This year unit of E8HD where all upgradable. So sorry Czarsky...Thanks for understanding.

If you do want to buy another Measy Player in the near future. Just give me a PM . I'll give you a very  special Price.

God Bless!

Offline warmaster

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1094 on: Dec 21, 2011 at 05:46 PM »
got an E8HDL today thanks to sir garfield03. the PQ and upscaling properties of this player is amazing. just one quirk though, it seems to be resetting over and over again when i insert an externahdd 500gb ntfs formatted. i have installed an internal hdd 1.5tb. hindi ba pwede gamitin yung ibang usb slots while may internal drive sa loob? tia

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1095 on: Dec 21, 2011 at 05:47 PM »
got an E8HDL today thanks to sir garfield03. the PQ and upscaling properties of this player is amazing. just one quirk though, it seems to be resetting over and over again when i insert an externahdd 500gb ntfs formatted. i have installed an internal hdd 1.5tb. hindi ba pwede gamitin yung ibang usb slots while may internal drive sa loob? tia

usb slot should work even if theres internal HD
Love me or hate me.....

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1096 on: Dec 21, 2011 at 07:01 PM »

try other ports, if not get it replaced.
toy

Offline warmaster

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1097 on: Dec 21, 2011 at 07:08 PM »
ambilis ng tech support ni sir garfield! nagrereformat pa lang ako ng external hdd personal niya ko tinawagan. so i had to cancel the reformat and just do a quick reformat in the meantime and voila! gumagana na. i tried a second external hdd plugged in the back and everything is a-ok!

i planned to give this to my dad for christmas but now i think i'll just keep it and lend it to him every now and then. bilihan ko na lang si erpats ng clubmaster na ray-ban!

Offline arcane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1098 on: Dec 22, 2011 at 07:50 AM »
Guys,

Ask ko lang kung na-fix na yung stereo downmix problem pag AAC ang codec at 5.1 ang channels.

Thanks.

Offline warmaster

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1099 on: Dec 22, 2011 at 09:38 AM »
tried other features of the E8HDL last night like BT and Music Player. the BT speed was the same as the speed i get when using my laptop. so i guess i'll be downloading using the E8HDL.

the music player was surprising. alternating between flac files and 320kbps mp3s, it sounded better than when i just connect my ipod touch to my reciever. it's a satisfying music player, i'm no audiophile though. pero enjoy naman dahil maganda ang tunog

i was also able to go online though i couldn't surf since i didn't have a usb keyboard. was able to use a mouse to navigate around google though

it has navigation buttons on the unit in case the remote conks out. i tried them also and they work well.

ganda pa ng feel ng aluminum finish ng unit. elegante tignan not plasticky cheap ang look and feel

all in all i'm very pleased with the E8HDL, it's my first NMT and it really does play all my movies that i can't play on my xbox360, LG LCD tv anf my LG BD550. i'm glad i didn't settle for the cheaper NMTs with limited features.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1100 on: Dec 23, 2011 at 03:39 AM »
i was also able to go online though i couldn't surf since i didn't have a usb keyboard. was able to use a mouse to navigate around google though

I use a e microkeyboard wireless with backlit with touchpad,  works ok with Measy and tried it sa PS3 din. HTH
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2011 at 03:39 AM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline 83nj0

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1101 on: Dec 23, 2011 at 02:08 PM »
Panny|Pio|AAudio|WDTV|

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #1102 on: Dec 23, 2011 at 05:44 PM »
Mga sir for your comment if this is a good buy..

http://everythinginbudget.blogspot.com/2011/12/multimedia-made-easy-37-off-measy-media.html

YES. Take note: its a plain HD player ONLY. You can't do anything else. But for that Price: Very Good Buy na.

Offline raymonddelprado

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1103 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 06:55 PM »
sir garfield, pa pm ng bundled price ng E8HDL. thanks.

Offline scoob

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • DVD Addict
  • Needs to learn a few tricks...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #1104 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 09:37 PM »
How can I move files from my PC to measy X6.  Both are connected within the same network via wifi.  TIA.

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1105 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 10:08 PM »
How can I move files from my PC to measy X6.  Both are connected within the same network via wifi.  TIA.

type the ip address of measy - you should see the measy on your network...
Love me or hate me.....

Offline scoob

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • DVD Addict
  • Needs to learn a few tricks...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #1106 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 11:46 PM »
type the ip address of measy - you should see the measy on your network...

Thanks.  It works.

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #1107 on: Dec 29, 2011 at 11:58 PM »
sir garfield, pa pm ng bundled price ng E8HDL. thanks.

Sorry too late a reply. PM just sent. Thanks!

Offline warmaster

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1108 on: Dec 30, 2011 at 09:18 AM »
what is the default username and password for E8HDL's neighbor web? i've been trying to access it through my ftp client

Offline garfield03

• DVD Addict
  • CCF
  • Liked:
« Reply #1109 on: Dec 30, 2011 at 10:52 AM »
what is the default username and password for E8HDL's neighbor web? i've been trying to access it through my ftp client

PM