Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 332631 times)

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
Re: Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #390 on: Nov 09, 2013 at 08:06 PM »
Until now, masama pa din loob ko sa writers for that dreaded bloddy red wedding episode! Na bad trip talaga ako dun! Ayoko na panuorin to!!!

(kelan ba next season, hiihihi....)

Lol! George RR. Martin released that book some ten years ago.

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #391 on: Nov 11, 2013 at 05:28 PM »
I haven't read the books when I watched "The Rains of Castamere" popularly known as the Red Wedding episode.  It truly was a big Holy Sh_t and WTF moment for me as well, hehe.
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2013 at 05:29 PM by lithium_deuteride »
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline deist

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Family,Photography,Music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #392 on: Nov 12, 2013 at 11:58 AM »
personally I don't like some of the revisions/changes they made to the tv series but still a very good series.

looking forward to the new season.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 410
« Reply #393 on: Jan 13, 2014 at 10:41 AM »
Yehey may trailer na Season 4...  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZY43QSx3Fk

Sigh, April pa start...  :(

Offline jh@meeh

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #394 on: Jan 13, 2014 at 10:43 AM »
uyy malapit na. Sandali na lang yan brader...miss ko na si Tyrion Lannister  ;D ;D ;D
LG OLED
Kef Reference
Denon Receiver
Power Sound Audio
JL Fathoms

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #395 on: Jan 13, 2014 at 11:18 AM »
I finished reading A Storm of Swords, the 3rd book, during the holidays and am now going thru A Feast For Crows, meaning I've gone ahead of the TV series which so far covers only up to 2/3 of Storm.  As far as Martin's narrative goes, the last half of A Storm of Swords is a stunner with one major "upheaval" coming after another. The Red Wedding is just the start.  Did that whet your appetite some?   :)

The TV series deduct and add details (but mostly deduct) from the books though not significant to alter the main thrust of the story IMO.  Storm of Swords, I believe marks a shift from the power politics and war that permeated the 1st 2 books to the realm of fantasy as magic, sorcery, wights (zombies), and dragons return once more to the known world.
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2014 at 11:43 AM by lithium_deuteride »
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline edwn1220

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • DVD Guru
  • In & Out
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 474
« Reply #396 on: Feb 02, 2014 at 05:03 PM »
Late in joining the Game of Thrones bandwagon- I've just started watching Season 2 episodes. :)
I stopped reading the posts at page 6 and will try to avoid reading further since there are too many spoilers here, marami ang hindi gumagamit ng spoiler tags ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2014 at 12:06 AM by edwn1220 »
Frans hominum ad perniciem, et integritas ad salutem, vocat.

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #397 on: Feb 08, 2014 at 09:38 PM »
Late in joining the Game of Thrones bandwagon- I've just started watching Season 2 episodes. :)
I stopped reading the posts at page 6 and will try to avoid reading further since there are too many spoilers here, marami ang hindi gumagamit ng spoiler tags ;D

You should avoid reading this thread altogether, until you catch up. Can't expect people to talk about a show without talking about what actually happened on the show.

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 589
« Reply #398 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 05:18 AM »
there's a 14.5 minute preview of the 4th season called Ice and Fire a Foreshadowing ... looks like there's more action on the upcoming season
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #399 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 05:42 AM »
there's a 14.5 minute preview of the 4th season called Ice and Fire a Foreshadowing ... looks like there's more action on the upcoming season

Nice! where can I find it? can you post the link sir? Thanks!
« Last Edit: Feb 11, 2014 at 05:43 AM by pao625™ »

Offline SiCkBoY

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #400 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 06:37 AM »
Here it is:

http://ez.lc/A7n

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #401 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 10:16 AM »

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #402 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 05:40 PM »
I just finished reading A Dance With Dragons, the last book so far written.  A long book (1000+ pages) just like the 3rd book - A Storm of Swords, which is still the best among the 5 written.  Now I join the millions eagerly awaiting The Winds of Winter.  G.R.R. Martin is old and fans are worried he might "check-out"  before completing the 6th and 7th books.   

Offline jjjeronimo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1203
« Reply #403 on: Feb 11, 2014 at 05:44 PM »
I just finished reading A Dance With Dragons, the last book so far written.  A long book (1000+ pages) just like the 3rd book - A Storm of Swords, which is still the best among the 5 written.  Now I join the millions eagerly awaiting The Winds of Winter.  G.R.R. Martin is old and fans are worried he might "check-out"  before completing the 6th and 7th books.   

We can only wish for his good health.  He's really taking his sweet time in writing.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: Feb 17, 2014 at 01:46 PM »
Game of Thrones Trailer #2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2ZNaLQD60Y

Was that Shae @ 1.11?  :o
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2014 at 01:47 PM by VenoM_Unleashed »

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+425)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1225
« Reply #405 on: Mar 20, 2014 at 08:29 AM »
From comingsoon.net

George R.R. Martin Wants to End Game of Thrones on the Big Screen
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
March 19, 2014

Taking into account that the books in his popular fantasy series "A Song of Ice and Fire," the basis for HBO's popular show "Game of Thrones," are getting bigger and bigger with each volume, author George R.R. Martin told The Hollywood Reporter that there are discussions to end the HBO series on the big screen with a bigger budget feature length film.

So far, Martin has only published the first five books in what is meant to be a seven-issue series, the latest installment being "A Dance with Dragons," published in July 2011. Meanwhile, the HBO show is premiering its fourth season, an adaptation of Martin's fourth book "A Feast of Crows," starting Sunday, April 6. That means that the show is going to be catching up with the books fairly soon, although Martin told the trade at the Lincoln Center premiere for the fourth season last night that the show may run longer than the books:

"It all depends on how long the main series runs. Do we run for seven years? Do we run for eight? Do we run for 10? The books get bigger and bigger (in scope). It might need a feature to tie things up, something with a feature budget, like $100 million for two hours. Those dragons get real big, you know."

The THR story also says that Martin's three prequel novellas "Tales of Dunk and Egg" set in Westeros 90 years before the events in "Game of Thrones" is also being considered for the big screen treatment. The prequel's characters including Ser Duncan the Tall are somehow related as direct ancestors to those in "Thrones," according to the author, though he won't reveal how.

One can probably safely assume that HBO's corporate partner, Warner Bros. Pictures, who released two movies based on "Sex and the City" and will release the upcoming Entourage movie, would probably make and/or distribute any movie that concludes the show.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 255
« Reply #406 on: Mar 21, 2014 at 04:29 AM »
^^ Not a bad idea, to be honest. :)

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #407 on: Apr 03, 2014 at 09:27 AM »
Man, can't wait for next monday! :D

This weekend, I'm on lockdown for a GoT marathon in preparation for the new season.

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1431
« Reply #408 on: Apr 03, 2014 at 09:31 AM »
gotta continue my preps too. this will be a good fill until the next TWD season...

Offline hekelef

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 115
« Reply #409 on: Apr 03, 2014 at 11:12 AM »
GoT Movie! Now that would be something!

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #410 on: Apr 03, 2014 at 11:23 AM »
Now this is the trailer that us fans need. Haha

Watch "Honest Trailers - Game of Thrones" on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVaD8rouJn0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2014 at 11:24 AM by the_w0rks »

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #411 on: Apr 03, 2014 at 02:12 PM »
Last Sunday sa Robinson's Ermita while strolling, inutusan kasi ako bumili ng suka  ;D, Sky Cable Go was there promoting GOT, may mga palaro sila, sabi ko ke esmi, sasali ako kasi malamang alam ko 'yung mga sagot sa trivia nila. Nasagutan ko naman, kala ko panalo na 'ko, yun pala may puzzle pa na bubuo-in, sablay, olats, pero I got the chance to sit on the "Iron Throne" background, pityur-pityur, panalo na din  ;D

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #412 on: Apr 03, 2014 at 02:46 PM »
Is Sky Cable Go airing Game of Thrones uncut?

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1431
« Reply #413 on: Apr 03, 2014 at 03:09 PM »
Last Sunday sa Robinson's Ermita while strolling, inutusan kasi ako bumili ng suka  ;D, Sky Cable Go was there promoting GOT, may mga palaro sila, sabi ko ke esmi, sasali ako kasi malamang alam ko 'yung mga sagot sa trivia nila. Nasagutan ko naman, kala ko panalo na 'ko, yun pala may puzzle pa na bubuo-in, sablay, olats, pero I got the chance to sit on the "Iron Throne" background, pityur-pityur, panalo na din  ;D

Kulit!  Would join too if I was there.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 255
« Reply #414 on: Apr 03, 2014 at 03:41 PM »

Don't count on it.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: Apr 03, 2014 at 03:47 PM »
From comingsoon.net

George R.R. Martin Wants to End Game of Thrones on the Big Screen
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
March 19, 2014

Taking into account that the books in his popular fantasy series "A Song of Ice and Fire," the basis for HBO's popular show "Game of Thrones," are getting bigger and bigger with each volume, author George R.R. Martin told The Hollywood Reporter that there are discussions to end the HBO series on the big screen with a bigger budget feature length film.

So far, Martin has only published the first five books in what is meant to be a seven-issue series, the latest installment being "A Dance with Dragons," published in July 2011. Meanwhile, the HBO show is premiering its fourth season, an adaptation of Martin's fourth book "A Feast of Crows," starting Sunday, April 6. That means that the show is going to be catching up with the books fairly soon, although Martin told the trade at the Lincoln Center premiere for the fourth season last night that the show may run longer than the books:

"It all depends on how long the main series runs. Do we run for seven years? Do we run for eight? Do we run for 10? The books get bigger and bigger (in scope). It might need a feature to tie things up, something with a feature budget, like $100 million for two hours. Those dragons get real big, you know."

The THR story also says that Martin's three prequel novellas "Tales of Dunk and Egg" set in Westeros 90 years before the events in "Game of Thrones" is also being considered for the big screen treatment. The prequel's characters including Ser Duncan the Tall are somehow related as direct ancestors to those in "Thrones," according to the author, though he won't reveal how.

One can probably safely assume that HBO's corporate partner, Warner Bros. Pictures, who released two movies based on "Sex and the City" and will release the upcoming Entourage movie, would probably make and/or distribute any movie that concludes the show.

Martin embedded such a rich history to the GOT story that Warner has a goldmine of plots should they decide to create a movie prequel to the TV series. They can, for example use recent Westerosi history - Rhaegar's kidnapping of Lyanna Stark that started Robert's bloody revolt against 300 years of Targaryen reign.  Or maybe an action movie about Aegon the Conqueror and his 2 sister-wives, fresh from doomed Valyria, conquering Westeros astride their 3 large dragons. Maybe they can hire Peter Jackson to do it  ;D.  It'll be a hell of a lot deeper dragon movie than the Hobbit.   
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2014 at 03:53 PM by lithium_deuteride »

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: Apr 03, 2014 at 10:04 PM »

Sorry, HBO GO pala, not Sky Cable Go.  :-[

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #417 on: Apr 03, 2014 at 11:25 PM »
kailan ba start nito?

Offline the_w0rks

• PinoyDVD Legend