Author Topic: LED TV vs Full HD LCD TV  (Read 3924 times)

Offline roburat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
LED TV vs Full HD LCD TV
« on: Dec 31, 2010 at 09:06 AM »
Happy New Year to all.

Guys,just want to ask if theres a big difference in picture and motion quaility between a full hd tv and and a led tv? im using a wd tv media player and all of my movies are in MKV formats? thanks in advance

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: LED TV vs Full HD LCD TV
« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2011 at 07:00 PM »
A LED TV may also be a full HD TV. The LED refers to the light emitting diode used as backlight of the LCD in place of the more traditional LCD backlight that looks like flourescent lights. LED is said to be more energy efficient than the LCD backlight they are replacing and one or two LEDs may go out (mapundi) with hardly noticeable effect on viewing. The same cannot be said of the traditional LCD backlighting which when even one goes out a big chunk of the screen will go dim.

Luma na tong thread but I think this is still relevant.  :)
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2011 at 10:38 AM by Questor »

Offline Jack1192

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 07, 2012 at 10:07 AM »
I purchased a full HD LCD TV last november, and my suggestion would be to go for the LED TV. The picture quality is just so much better. The viewing angles, the contrast, are all better on the LED, and it is sleeker.
My budget was limited and I wanted an internet TV so I went for the LCD, but believe me LED TV's are far better, and as for the internet functionality on these TV's, it is not so good as it may seem.

Offline icefrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2012 at 02:20 AM »
Old but still relevant thread,indeed.  Go for LED and I second on the above poster - skip internet functionality and IMHO even 3D functionality.  Wait for sales as well - Full HD LED TVs are not anymore that expensive (esp. if you're not brand conscious) after sale discounts.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2012 at 02:55 AM by icefrog »