Author Topic: Let's say I want to have a 55 inch HDTV shipped from amazon what's the best way?  (Read 2870 times)

Offline DevilHands

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I know people might say that it will be more feasible to buy it here in the Philippines, but let's just say that I have a bunch of coupons from Amazon and I could get it for free. What are my options? Does JAC let you do these things? What will be my estimate cost for shipping?

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Whoa if you could get the HDTV for free then it's certainly worth importing it back to the Philippines. ;)

Your options:

1. Thru JAC sea freight. Check with them the current rates. If not mistaken, there is a special fee imposed on items value above $1,000.

2. To avoid all the hassle, you can course it thru a member seller such as anya618. He will help you to handle everything. :)

Will be great if you have relatives abroad that could assist in the shipping. :)

Offline DevilHands

• Collector
  • Liked:
1. How do I use their sea freight? What's the address I need to use? I've read from their website that rates are fixed from $50 to $90 including tax. Are HDTV's allowed? Do I actually need to register again if I already have a JAC account for air freight?

2. Who is anya? Where can I learn more?

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2613
you may want to email them at [email protected]
i think jac is the best way to send an item that big ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
i think jac is the best way to send an item that big ;D

Ooh that's fast...anya has responded na... it's too big to handle pala... ;D

Offline DevilHands

• Collector
  • Liked:
I see haha... thanks guys :D

Offline keymaker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
1. How do I use their sea freight? What's the address I need to use? I've read from their website that rates are fixed from $50 to $90 including tax. Are HDTV's allowed? Do I actually need to register again if I already have a JAC account for air freight?

2. Who is anya? Where can I learn more?

I think pobox.ph charges around $400 for a 55 inch HDTV

Offline Blankman

• Collector
  • Liked:
I'm seriously considering this option of buying from Amazon and having it shipped here. Guess I can't wait for the 2011 Panasonic fullHD plasma models. I just fully don't understand the risks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the local Panasonic won't recognize the warranty if the item was bought abroad (i.e. Amazon). If they do recognize it, they'll charge you a fortune on repairs in cases where the unit is defective; is this a safe assumption? Has anyone had any experience of receiving a defective item from Amazon? Thanks.

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
I'm seriously considering this option of buying from Amazon and having it shipped here. Guess I can't wait for the 2011 Panasonic fullHD plasma models. I just fully don't understand the risks. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the local Panasonic won't recognize the warranty if the item was bought abroad (i.e. Amazon). If they do recognize it, they'll charge you a fortune on repairs in cases where the unit is defective; is this a safe assumption? Has anyone had any experience of receiving a defective item from Amazon? Thanks.

If the price difference isn't substantial (meaning around 40% lesser than local) don't bother...
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."