Author Topic: Misfits  (Read 1018 times)

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Misfits
« on: Jan 11, 2011 at 06:44 AM »
Surprising that there's no open thread for this British "superpowers" series. I'm not going to say it's a superhero series, but the guys do get superpowers -- and boink like mad! It's like Skins meets New Mutants.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Misfits
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 07:19 AM »
Surprising that there's no open thread for this British "superpowers" series. I'm not going to say it's a superhero series, but the guys do get superpowers -- and boink like mad! It's like Skins meets New Mutants.

My 17-year old daughter told me about this TV series (but she has not actually seen any episode) as her friends have been talking about it through Tumblr.

I got the entire 2 series in high def, got hooked and finished them all just before Xmas 2010 (there are only 13 eps anyways)... described what I saw to my wife to consult if it's suitable for our daughter.  She said "NO",  even though I was arguing that the sex scenes were mainly for comedy.   ;)  Of course the Wife won but I asked her to at least have a look at Robert Sheehan's performance - one of the wackiest characters Ive seen on TV recently.

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
Re: Misfits
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 10:01 AM »
I was iffy on the first season but the second season was much better. Ditto on Robert Sheehan. I would hesitate recommending this to a teenager, though.

The last episode of S2 was a wicked twist. I haven't heard of any same type of show where the superpowered heroes can just change their powers to something else.

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)