Author Topic: Viva Blu-Ray Promo  (Read 19652 times)

Offline rafgar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Viva Blu-Ray Promo
« on: Jan 14, 2011 at 04:49 PM »
Posted in Viva's FB profile:

Be prepared to see the world in Blu! We are happy to announce that we are running our Code Blu campaign this month to promote certain Blu-ray titles and discounts will be given to our valued Blu-ray customers!

Buy any of the Blu-ray participating titles at 50% OFF on original selling price.

Promo Period: January 15 - January 31, 2011

« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2011 at 04:50 PM by rafgar »

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
Re: Viva Blu-Ray Promo
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 09:39 PM »
Oh my Gally!!

My home my turn Blu, sana kasama mga Pixar flicks  :)

Offline Atticus

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • In the end, only kindness matters.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 10:27 AM »
wow, ano kaya yung mga kasamang titles sa sale?

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2011 at 07:02 PM »

Buy any of the Blu-ray participating titles at 50% OFF on original selling price.

Promo Period: January 15 - January 31, 2011
It remains to be seen whether this is just marketing gimmick.  After all, many Viva titles has already been discounted by that much (50% off original price= 50% of 1500 = 750), titles like Percy Jackson and Alice in Wonderland is 750 since last month or so.  So unless they include newer titles like Prince of Persia and Toy Story 3, this is just a rebranding...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2011 at 08:29 AM »
^ you're right techdude, Viva is doing exactly that.

But they did include some titles that were not 50% off before
including Prince of Persia & Bolt. Wall-E is down to php900 from php1800

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2011 at 09:05 PM »
^ you're right techdude, Viva is doing exactly that.

But they did include some titles that were not 50% off before
including Prince of Persia & Bolt. Wall-E is down to php900 from php1800

Toy Story 3 BD+DVD combo pack is now P875.  Predators (2010) is now P750.  Pretty good deals IMO.

Offline mandyb

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2011 at 11:58 PM »
^bro do you know if there is any difference with toy story 3 viva release and r1 release over all? Thanks for tye info. . Sounds like a bargain since i only need the discs actually

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2011 at 09:36 PM »
^bro do you know if there is any difference with toy story 3 viva release and r1 release over all? Thanks for tye info. . Sounds like a bargain since i only need the discs actually

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Toy-Story-3-Blu-ray/14836/#Review

The R1 Release is a 4 discer which includes 2 BDs, the standard DVD and the digital copy.  The R3 copy is a combo pack of 1 BD and the DVD copy.  So what are you missing if you get the R3?  The extras on the BD disc 2 and the digital copy.  If you just want the movie and SOME extras, the R3 is good enough.  But if you're a die hard Toy Story completist and you don't mind the extra pesos, might as well grab the R1. 

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2384
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2011 at 09:54 PM »
They have the 2 disc bd version (with all the extras) for 900. If you don't need the dvd copy, I think this is an awesome buy. I haven't bought this bec my sister might buy it for me for my pasalubong haha. I bought Wall e today for 900 ;D.

I think this is indeed a great sale (ok na for me ;D) Some titles are the ones indeed mentioned by sir mattia plus robin hood (russell crowe), Prince of persia, Up and some others.

Offline mandyb

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2011 at 10:12 AM »
Thanks Mattia and raymond, i think i will head down O music here in rockwell. I will go for the 2 BD disc version dont care for cases since the discs will be put in an Iron pack

Offline JamesBond007

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2011 at 07:19 PM »
Beauty and the Beast Diamond Edition BD is at P900 nalang.  So if this is same as those sold within pdvd then this is already very cheap.

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2011 at 07:24 PM »
Beauty and the Beast Diamond Edition BD is at P900 nalang.  So if this is same as those sold within pdvd then this is already very cheap.

Yes I forgot about that. Great title, great price. I ordered na kasi sa amazon ;D

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2011 at 09:29 AM »

What Astro is this available? Sana meron sa Mega or somewhere near.

Now versus the US version, I believe this is only the 2 disc edition minus the dvd.  The US version has 3 discs - 2 BDs and 1 dvd.  If you don't need the dvd, the local version is already a steal at P900!

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jan 25, 2011 at 09:33 AM »
What Astro is this available? Sana meron sa Mega or somewhere near.

Now versus the US version, I believe this is only the 2 disc edition minus the dvd.  The US version has 3 discs - 2 BDs and 1 dvd.  If you don't need the dvd, the local version is already a steal at P900!

Sir try Astro Mall of Asia. I thought I saw it there. Ito number nila 556-0080. Happy hunting ;D

Offline 2fast2furious

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 01:44 PM »
Toy Story 3 BD+DVD combo pack is now P875.  Predators (2010) is now P750.  Pretty good deals IMO.

sir, just visited astroplus and oddysey in sm mega. toy story 3 is not on 50% off. where did you saw the 875 value? thanks

Offline 2fast2furious

• DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 01:46 PM »
They have the 2 disc bd version (with all the extras) for 900. If you don't need the dvd copy, I think this is an awesome buy. I haven't bought this bec my sister might buy it for me for my pasalubong haha. I bought Wall e today for 900 ;D.

I think this is indeed a great sale (ok na for me ;D) Some titles are the ones indeed mentioned by sir mattia plus robin hood (russell crowe), Prince of persia, Up and some others.
sir, robinhood directors cut is not on sale either. where did you saw it?

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 03:11 PM »
sir, robinhood directors cut is not on sale either. where did you saw it?

go to Astro Moa, I know I saw it there on the first day of the sale. Actually went to Astro makati and the majority of the new titles there were not on sale. So I was puzzled, bec. I saw the master list from Astro ermita that these new ones are included. I then ask the lady from makati and she told me that these titles are new so they are not included. Oh well, as usual, Astro's price inconsistency, or maybe depends na sa branch.

I posted the tel no. of astro moa above, maybe you wanna check with them first. Happy hunting ;D

Offline 2fast2furious

• DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 03:24 PM »
go to Astro Moa, I know I saw it there on the first day of the sale. Actually went to Astro makati and the majority of the new titles there were not on sale. So I was puzzled, bec. I saw the master list from Astro ermita that these new ones are included. I then ask the lady from makati and she told me that these titles are new so they are not included. Oh well, as usual, Astro's price inconsistency, or maybe depends na sa branch.

I posted the tel no. of astro moa above, maybe you wanna check with them first. Happy hunting ;D

will do sir. thank you.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jan 27, 2011 at 10:41 AM »
sir, just visited astroplus and oddysey in sm mega. toy story 3 is not on 50% off. where did you saw the 875 value? thanks

At Podium but yes, it was an error on their part.  The Toy Story 3 BD+DVD combo is NOT on sale.  The Toy Story BD 2 disc is, at P900 (50% of P1,800).

Offline 2fast2furious

• DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jan 27, 2011 at 12:33 PM »
At Podium but yes, it was an error on their part.  The Toy Story 3 BD+DVD combo is NOT on sale.  The Toy Story BD 2 disc is, at P900 (50% of P1,800).
got it. thanks.

Offline bd_dvd_fan

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Feb 01, 2011 at 04:51 PM »
hello guys, baka naman bd-5 ang mga sini-sale nila?...

Offline Moks007

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Feb 01, 2011 at 05:23 PM »

What's a bd-5?

Offline bd_dvd_fan

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Feb 01, 2011 at 05:33 PM »
parang dvd-5 din kaso bluray...bluray nga baka compressed hd video naman...at saka mura ang production cost ng bd-5 (unooficial name) kaya masyadong half ang price...bka lang naman, try nyo lang ksi baka nga naman sale naman talaga, kasi sa US bagsakan na mga presyo...

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Feb 02, 2011 at 03:20 PM »
What's a bd-5?

BD5 is a single-layer DVD disc containing Blu-ray format video.  BD9 is BD video on a dual layer DVD disc.

It's unlikely that a legit dstributor would use a BD5 or BD9 format.  Those are unusual formats that will cause potential compatibility problems on BD players.  Sasakit lang ang ulo ng Viva sa mga complaints and returns.

Besides, mura nga ba ang mga "sale" prices ng Viva?  Mahal pa rin, e.
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2011 at 03:21 PM by barrister »

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Feb 02, 2011 at 03:21 PM »

You're referring to a BD-25 gig and BD-50 gig, not a BD-5.  The 5 and 9 gig apply to a DVD, thus a DVD-5 (single layered disc) and a DVD-9 (dual layered).  For BDs, there are two kinds, the 25 gig or what you're referring to as BD-25 and a more "spacious" 50 gig or BD-50.

Now, if the movie is not an epic and less than 3 hours and it fits naman, it doesn't matter if it's on a BD-25. Only if it exceeds more than 25 gig will you really care if they use a BD-50.   The standard, shorter films with limited extras will do just fine on a BD-25, even with high bitrates.  Examples are :

Swordfish (25GB disc) http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Swordfish-Blu-ray/81/
Ant Bully (25GB disc) http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Ant-Bully-Blu-ray/255/
Speed (25 GB disc) http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Speed-Blu-ray/154/

I have several concert BDs that are only 25 GB but all bitrates video and audio are maxed out and they look and sound awesome.  You don't need the additional data storage anymore. Sayang.

And I know of some BD-50s that have over 25 gb UNUSED space.  Why?  Beats me.  Maybe to satisfy people who complain about a BD-25.  In reality, it doesn't matter.  As long as the movie fits.

Now as for the local BDs, they are just the same as the US version.  Nagkaiba lang sa packaging at sa number nung discs.  Yun iba walang digital copy at walang DVD. And medyo sub par ang packaging. But the movie itself is exactly the same as the US version.

And, ohh yes, eto pala mga new hauls ko last week!

Sa ODYSSEY mas mura --

P750  Beauty and the Beast 2 disc
P750  Sleeping Beauty 2 disc

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Feb 02, 2011 at 03:37 PM »
You're referring to a BD-25 gig and BD-50 gig, not a BD-5.  The 5 and 9 gig apply to a DVD, thus a DVD-5 (single layered disc) and a DVD-9 (dual layered).  For BDs, there are two kinds, the 25 gig or what you're referring to as BD-25 and a more "spacious" 50 gig or BD-50.

There is such a thing as BD5 and BD9:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc#BD9_and_BD5

BD9 is part of the BD-ROM basic format, but none of the legit manufacturers use it.  

However, there are hobbyists who use BD5/BD9 as a cost-effective format.  For example:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5768259/Charlie.And.The.Chocolate.Factory.2005..1080p.BD9.x264-IGUANA

1920 x 1080p, fits on a red laser DL DVD.

« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2011 at 03:39 PM by barrister »

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Feb 02, 2011 at 03:39 PM »
BD5 is a single-layer DVD disc containing Blu-ray format video.  BD9 is BD video on a dual layer DVD disc.

It's unlikely that a legit dstributor would use a BD5 or BD9 format.  Those are unusual formats that will cause potential compatibility problems on BD players.  Sasakit lang ang ulo ng Viva sa mga complaints and returns.

Besides, mura nga ba ang mga "sale" prices ng Viva?  Mahal pa rin, e.

I think at P750, the 2 disc Animation BDs are "pwede na" (versus amazon prices).  Sleeping Beauty is still $30.00 brand new and $20 for used so oks na rin yun P750. Not yet mura but pwede na.  My gut feel is soon, BD prices will stabilize at this price.  P750 will be the regular price and P999 for the special 2 disc editions.  Then mag sale sya at 50%.  Tuwing "sale" lang bumebenta kasi ang BDs dito.  

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Feb 02, 2011 at 03:42 PM »

There is such a thing as BD5 and BD9:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc#BD9_and_BD5

BD9 is part of the BD-ROM basic format, but none of the legit manufacturers use it.  

However, there are hobbyists who use BD5/BD9 as a cost-effective format.  For example:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5768259/Charlie.And.The.Chocolate.Factory.2005..1080p.BD9.x264-IGUANA

1920 x 1080p, fits on a red laser DL DVD.

OK! Thanks for the info.  Meron pala nun hahaha!

Offline 2fast2furious

• DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Feb 02, 2011 at 04:32 PM »

P750  Beauty and the Beast 2 disc
P750  Sleeping Beauty 2 disc
wow. meron pa kaya nito? last time I checked 900 pa.  :(

Offline JamesBond007

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Feb 02, 2011 at 04:40 PM »
wow. meron pa kaya nito? last time I checked 900 pa.  :(

me too last time i checked Beauty and Beast BD sa odyssey its 50% of P1800 or P900.  where can we buy P750 Beauty and Beast BD?