Author Topic: Marantz CD Players  (Read 80220 times)

Offline audi0slave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Marantz CD Players
« Reply #30 on: Aug 19, 2004 at 11:34 PM »
here's the February 2004 review of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision on the

Marantz CD 5400

HAS MARANTZ GIVEN UP on two channel audio, as some people have suggested? With no fewer than four CD players in its mainstream Range series, and more in its premium lineup, this doesn't look like a pull-out.

The CD5400 is an entry-level model but looks, feels and sounds anything but, especially with the optional stylish silver finish of the review sample. It has a cool, solid feel that eludes its rivals in this group, and the fascia is much less fuzzy than that of some past Marantz machines. Clutter is kept to a minimum - most of the controls are relegated to the remote handset, and the buttons there are on the front panel have a crisp, positive feel that extends to the action of the disc-loader. Meanwhile, the display is big and clear, showing CD-text info, when available, in legible dot-matrix characters. There's also a headphone output with its own volume control, and both optical and electrical digital outputs alongside the analogue connections.

The player uses a quality transport mechanism to feed a multi-bit delta sigma conversion system from Cirrus Logic. Close attention has been paid to circuit layout, isolation and earthing, while frills include a pitch control - handy for musicians wanting to play along with their favorite discs - and a Quick Replay button to skip back to a favorite section of music.

Features aside, it's the performance of the Marantz that really grabs your attention: it'll have you listening for hours. There's not a hint of the compression or softness one expects at this price - instead, it delivers music in a big-boned dynamic style. It has the kind of control and punch that make everything from the pop of the Pet Shop Boys to large-scale orchestral works sound thrilling, and does a fine job with closed-milked chamber music.

This is a remarkable player for the money, with superb looks, sound and feel, which gives you no clue as to the budget price. Fool your friends into thinking you've spent a lot more.

FOR
Pace, poise and timing; a very refined player for the money

AGAINST
Not a lot

OVERALL
In the tradition of fine affordable Marantz players, a very solid buy - and a lot of fun (150 Pounds)

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • There is a choice...death or immortality....
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Oct 22, 2004 at 11:31 PM »

Ganda pala nyang Marantz CD6000 OSE SE.

See these links:

http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/archive/perl/0_printreview.htm

http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/marantzose00_e.html

Planning on using the CD6000 OSE LE as a transport paired with musical fidelity external DAC....hhmmm maganda kaya ang tunog what you think?

Offline Vhongbiker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • musika atbp.
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jan 25, 2007 at 06:13 AM »
up natin. ;)
ano ba bago ngaun sa marantz cdp?
Pray not for a lighter burden,
but for a stronger back....

Offline markmlists

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jan 25, 2007 at 10:21 AM »
CD 5001 15.9T less 10%discount for cash sa 5th Ave. Good reviews and set of features. Cirrus Logic DAC. Good looks.

Offline lakambini

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #34 on: Jan 30, 2007 at 09:16 AM »
how much kaya the sa7001ki?

Offline Signal2Noise

• Collector
  • Triode Junkie...It's MUSIC not HIFI!!!!
  • Liked:
Re: Marantz CD5400 CD Player
« Reply #35 on: Feb 11, 2007 at 06:21 AM »

Saan meron nito and magkano kaya price nya?   ;)

Check 5th Avenue in Robinsons Place Ermita and Park Square 1 Makati. 8)
VPI
Musical Surroundings
Harbeth
Sonusfaber
Garrard
Exposure
NAD
Amadeus SR#1 KT88
Maestro SET 845

Offline czrocker

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • " always in search for the perfect joint "
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Dec 13, 2007 at 09:48 AM »
i'm planning to have a dedicated CD player. i'm choosing between a marantz cd5001 or a cambridge azur 340c. i'm more inclined on the marantz, although i still have to audition both players yet. any of you guys owned this cd players. your review will be highly valued, tnx   ;D

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Mar 03, 2008 at 10:40 AM »
Last saturday, I auditioned the Marantz CD5001 cdp & Cambridge Azur 540c in 5th ave, shang. Amp was a Cambridge Audio & speakers were MS.

The 540c really had very forward vocals - very clear & crisp - however it sounded a bit "nasal". While imaging is very good in staying in the middle, soundstage was small. Price 17k.

The Marantz CD5001 is more neutral in vocals. While it also presented clear & crisp deliberation, it also has a wider soundstage. It was more open & more airy than the CA 540c. Price 14k.

Personally, I'd give my nod to the Marantz ;)

Some added features that I enjoyed in the CD5001 was its dot matrix led - that could be shut off, CD texting - awesome feature!, buffered headphone jack with volume control and a CD pitch control! Nowadays, its even hard to find any of these features in other brands - let alone in one player!

Offline ches

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 08:14 AM »
I like the cd5001 also because of the cd-text feature not all my cd have covers kasi :) meron na kayang cd 6001 I think it have the mp3 playback feature. will try to visit 5th avenue :)

Offline dB10

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • karma does not discriminate
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 09:15 AM »
mga sirs with personal experience auditioning or owning this, ano ba ang comparison nito cd5001 sa rotel 1072? may panama ba or malayo talaga yung rotel? SA series lang ba ng marantz comparable sa rotel 1072?
"...be careful & ready what you wish for, it may come true"

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 10:06 AM »
The Marantz cd5001 is sold for around 14k, while the Rotel rcd06 sells for 27-28k - honestly, I dont believe that the SQ of the rcd06 is double that of the cd5001. Rotel's rcd1072 is sold for more than 30k+

You might like to visit parksquare, mkti. Audition the Rotel cdps in Sound dimension, then go next door to 5th Ave to audition the Marantz cd5001 naman ;)

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 12:17 PM »
here's the February 2004 review of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision on the

Marantz CD 5400

HAS MARANTZ GIVEN UP on two channel audio, as some people have suggested? With no fewer than four CD players in its mainstream Range series, and more in its premium lineup, this doesn't look like a pull-out.

The CD5400 is an entry-level model but looks, feels and sounds anything but, especially with the optional stylish silver finish of the review sample. It has a cool, solid feel that eludes its rivals in this group, and the fascia is much less fuzzy than that of some past Marantz machines. Clutter is kept to a minimum - most of the controls are relegated to the remote handset, and the buttons there are on the front panel have a crisp, positive feel that extends to the action of the disc-loader. Meanwhile, the display is big and clear, showing CD-text info, when available, in legible dot-matrix characters. There's also a headphone output with its own volume control, and both optical and electrical digital outputs alongside the analogue connections.

The player uses a quality transport mechanism to feed a multi-bit delta sigma conversion system from Cirrus Logic. Close attention has been paid to circuit layout, isolation and earthing, while frills include a pitch control - handy for musicians wanting to play along with their favorite discs - and a Quick Replay button to skip back to a favorite section of music.

Features aside, it's the performance of the Marantz that really grabs your attention: it'll have you listening for hours. There's not a hint of the compression or softness one expects at this price - instead, it delivers music in a big-boned dynamic style. It has the kind of control and punch that make everything from the pop of the Pet Shop Boys to large-scale orchestral works sound thrilling, and does a fine job with closed-milked chamber music.

This is a remarkable player for the money, with superb looks, sound and feel, which gives you no clue as to the budget price. Fool your friends into thinking you've spent a lot more.

FOR
Pace, poise and timing; a very refined player for the money

AGAINST
Not a lot

OVERALL
In the tradition of fine affordable Marantz players, a very solid buy - and a lot of fun (150 Pounds)

Atty. Ronnie kumusta na! Akala ko natapos ka na sa CD player hehehe. This CD player needs Twik2 to sounds more better!
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline dB10

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 06:22 PM »
The Marantz cd5001 is sold for around 14k, while the Rotel rcd06 sells for 27-28k - honestly, I dont believe that the SQ of the rcd06 is double that of the cd5001. Rotel's rcd1072 is sold for more than 30k+

You might like to visit parksquare, mkti. Audition the Rotel cdps in Sound dimension, then go next door to 5th Ave to audition the Marantz cd5001 naman ;)

thanks for the suggestion sir, but the thing is that they will not be hooked up on the same set up kaya mahirap maging level ang audition, unless meron sa mga members na naka try na nito or is this even a valid question or match up?

kung hindi naman twice better ang 1072 sa 5001, ang tanong na lang eh kung worth ng cost difference ba yung sq difference

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 07:06 PM »
thanks for the suggestion sir, but the thing is that they will not be hooked up on the same set up kaya mahirap maging level ang audition, unless meron sa mga members na naka try na nito or is this even a valid question or match up?

kung hindi naman twice better ang 1072 sa 5001, ang tanong na lang eh kung worth ng cost difference ba yung sq difference

This may sound like a bold move - but since they're neighbors naman sa parksquare, maybe you can entice either one of them to accompany you in bringing your preferred CDP to the other store to audition? Its worth a shot, eh? ;D

If not, you may bring your own amp & speakers to both places cguro. They say this is the best route ;)

You might find somebody who can possibly describe to you what it sounds to him/her - but I'm sure you would still be dying to hear 'em yourself, diba? Tama po kayo, audition is the key ;)
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2008 at 07:24 PM by macdon »

Offline dB10

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 10:54 PM »
i think i might pass on the rotel at the moment, not unless a real bargain is at hand or a nice (read:well priced) preowned comes up.

anybody has seen a marantz cd6002 locally? ganda ng reviews nito but i havent seen one here.

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Mar 11, 2008 at 01:29 PM »
Marantz CD6002

Offline dB10

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Mar 11, 2008 at 10:17 PM »
Dang why did you post that  :o! now everybody knows why im looking for this player  >:(!!!  ;D  (joke, salamat sir macdon ;D)
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2008 at 10:19 PM by dB10 »

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Mar 11, 2008 at 11:26 PM »
Dang why did you post that  :o! now everybody knows why im looking for this player  >:(!!!  ;D  (joke, salamat sir macdon ;D)

I found a source for these ;D

Offline dB10

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 12:05 AM »
I found a source for these ;D

sir what do you mean? a source to buy the 6002 here in manila?

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 12:56 AM »
sir what do you mean? a source to buy the 6002 here in manila?

PM sent

Offline main_man04

• Collector
  • live life to the fullest and die happy...
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Mar 13, 2008 at 02:44 PM »
PM sent

sir pa pm din naman yung source ng 6002 thanks...
[img width=468 height=97]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd317

Offline lakambini

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • I AM
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #51 on: Mar 13, 2008 at 02:54 PM »
Marantz CD6002

Sir macdon,

thank you for the info, by the way how much is the marantz cd6002?

thanks.

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Mar 13, 2008 at 03:30 PM »
Right now, yung Marantz CD6002 is not available here in Manila. Not even Avesco who distributes Marantz here - they dont know kung magkakaroon sila neto.
This cdp is available in Europe, wala sa catalog ng Marantz USA - so dunno if they will carry.

While i did find a resource in ebay, Hong Kong - i'm still undecided kung kukunin ko kasi gusto ng seller bank-to-bank transfer, which doesnt have any security. Thats the only way daw that he can ship to me straight here in Manila.
Pwede rin daw paypal if you have an account with paypal - but its a bit more expensive via paypal kasi may fees pa yun.
While my cousin in the states has paypal - the seller will only ship to the one who has the paypal account. So double shipping cost ang babayaran ko :'(

The seller is selling/shipping each unit for $442 + $45 via airparcel/airmail of the post office. Pwede rin daw express mail for $56 ata.

isa pa - warranty. Marantz Japan daw ang warranty ng unit. Yung HK unit is 220v 50/60Hz

Medyo hassle - so I'm still undecided.
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2008 at 03:45 PM by macdon »

Offline ches

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Mar 21, 2008 at 01:11 PM »
banat na mac :) para ma pakingan namin.

Offline edwin

• DVD Addict
  • My day is not complete without music
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Mar 21, 2008 at 04:34 PM »
Right now, yung Marantz CD6002 is not available here in Manila. Not even Avesco who distributes Marantz here - they dont know kung magkakaroon sila neto.
This cdp is available in Europe, wala sa catalog ng Marantz USA - so dunno if they will carry.

While i did find a resource in ebay, Hong Kong - i'm still undecided kung kukunin ko kasi gusto ng seller bank-to-bank transfer, which doesnt have any security. Thats the only way daw that he can ship to me straight here in Manila.
Pwede rin daw paypal if you have an account with paypal - but its a bit more expensive via paypal kasi may fees pa yun.
While my cousin in the states has paypal - the seller will only ship to the one who has the paypal account. So double shipping cost ang babayaran ko :'(

The seller is selling/shipping each unit for $442 + $45 via airparcel/airmail of the post office. Pwede rin daw express mail for $56 ata.

isa pa - warranty. Marantz Japan daw ang warranty ng unit. Yung HK unit is 220v 50/60Hz

Medyo hassle - so I'm still undecided.

Bakit kasi hindi nyo ako tinatanong (biro lang). Bayaan nyo, tignan ko kung available dito itong Marantz CD6002. Baka pwede ko pang ibigay ng mas mura kaysa sa source mo.

Update ko kayo.
LaptopWin19,AO,Fidelizer
Hermes
Pontus 2
Mapletree
Van Alstein
DeCapo BE
Spacedeck
Hana SL
Vetere

Offline edwin

• DVD Addict
  • My day is not complete without music
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Mar 21, 2008 at 04:39 PM »

It doesn't mean double the price, eh double din ang improvement in sound quality. As you go up the ladder, small increment na lang and makukuha mo. It is just a matter if you are willing to pay for that last bit of improvement you wanted in your listening experience.

LaptopWin19,AO,Fidelizer
Hermes
Pontus 2
Mapletree
Van Alstein
DeCapo BE
Spacedeck
Hana SL
Vetere

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Mar 21, 2008 at 05:46 PM »
Cge nga sir edwin - balitaan nyo kami. I'm seriously looking into a new cdp ;D

Offline dB10

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Mar 21, 2008 at 10:34 PM »
ayan na sir, mukhang matutuloy na ang dream cdp natin! gogo 6002

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Mar 21, 2008 at 10:47 PM »
ayan na sir, mukhang matutuloy na ang dream cdp natin! gogo 6002

Wow - kukuha ka parin ng 6002 bro? Kabibile mo lang ng Cayin ah ;D Bigtime ah! :D

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Mar 22, 2008 at 12:57 AM »
It doesn't mean double the price, eh double din ang improvement in sound quality. As you go up the ladder, small increment na lang and makukuha mo. It is just a matter if you are willing to pay for that last bit of improvement you wanted in your listening experience.

That's true.  Small improvements na lang but the price tags get doubled.

The only problem is that I don't see even an iota of improvement the Rotel RCD 06 has over even the older Marantz CD5001, is there?  Except maybe a cleaner facade and sleeker form.  ;D  And just by reading the spec sheets of both,  the RCD06 is inferior to the Marantz CDP  ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 29, 2008 at 02:17 AM by av_phile1 »