Author Topic: EPOS EPIC SERIES  (Read 38280 times)

Offline TeeGoY

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: EPOS EPIC SERIES
« Reply #30 on: Nov 18, 2012 at 10:28 PM »
Heard the Epic 2's at The Grey Market yesterday and I was very impressed.  I think my 13th month pay might be going to these beauties :)

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #31 on: Nov 23, 2012 at 01:49 PM »
Heard the Epic 2's at The Grey Market yesterday and I was very impressed.  I think my 13th month pay might be going to these beauties :)

hi sir, what amp was paired with the epic 2? aesthetic-wise this are very impressive speakers - harbet-ish ang dating  ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2012 at 02:04 PM by sientobente »

Offline muypogi

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #32 on: Nov 30, 2012 at 04:24 PM »
these babies are singing now at the grey market, paired with the fantastic VTL amplifier. Open daily 1130am-930pm.

www.thegreymarket.ph
please like us on facebook "the grey market"

Just came from Grey, and I must say, while I was hoping the Epic 2 would be the speaker for me, sadly I found the Elan 15 still better sonically . . . dang, ipon pa ng mas matagal. . .

While the Epic 2 is no slouch, when you listen to the Elan 15, the difference is immediately obvious. Smoother, but just as detailed sound.  Mas "bilog" tumunog, both with CDs and vinyl records we brought along.

Elan 15 gets my vote over the Epic 2 . . .

Offline resident_evil

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #33 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 01:16 AM »
Was able to listen to the Epos Epic 2 with Rex. I must say that imaging is impeccable. Resolution and clarity are also impressive. A bit more forward than the PSB B6 but not in a bad way.  Will ask Rex to A-B with the Imagine Bs.
« Last Edit: Dec 25, 2012 at 03:49 PM by resident_evil »
Ref3A De Capo Be, 300B SET Amp, Nak Bx300, Rega P3-24, Benz Glider, EE Minimax

Offline carlos888

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 01:46 AM »
@Muypogi

Thank you for liking the Elan 15. With its better crossover components, improved internal wiring and more sturdier cast aluminum basket, it is very likely that the Elan models are better than the Epics. However the Epic's resolution can be smoothen further by just replacing the stock jumpers with a decent speaker cable. I myself uses Cal's jumpers, and i must say those made wonders to my Epic 5's.

Cheers. :)
Hana ML, Fidelity Research, Technics Sp-20, EAR-Yoshino, Plinius, Audience and WE cables.

Offline muypogi

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Dec 01, 2012 at 07:16 AM »
@Muypogi

Thank you for liking the Elan 15. With its better crossover components, improved internal wiring and more sturdier cast aluminum basket, it is very likely that the Elan models are better than the Epics. However the Epic's resolution can be smoothen further by just replacing the stock jumpers with a decent speaker cable. I myself uses Cal's jumpers, and i must say those made wonders to my Epic 5's.

Cheers. :)

I guessed as much, but I wanted to listen to both in their stock configuration.  I will likely run them bi-wired anyway, so jumper mods are not an issue.  Ang tanong lang ay kaya ko bang i-justify yung 20k peso premium over the Epic 2 . . . sana may 12 months sa Grey hehe  O0. .  paging Jay. . .  ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2012 at 07:17 AM by muypogi »

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #36 on: Dec 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM »
Any personal reviews on the Elan 30 or 35? ^-^

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #37 on: Dec 11, 2012 at 01:30 PM »
SRP for the Epics and Elan series:

Epic 1 -- 22K
Epic 2 -- 30K
Epic 5 -- 50K

Elan 15 -- 50K
Elan 30 -- 78K
Elan 35 -- 95K

All SRP's are already 10% cheaper than the published USD prices, and that does not include your dealers discount yet. :)

Thank you.

Where could we audition the Elan 30 or 35 sir? Thanks

Offline carlos888

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Dec 11, 2012 at 10:39 PM »
Where could we audition the Elan 30 or 35 sir? Thanks

Sir we wont be bringing in the Elan 30 as the Epic5 and the Elan35 are the more practical choice. The last of the Epic5 was already sold last week. Both the Epic5 and the Elan35 will be available by mid January na. Due to the long holiday break of our suppliers.

Thanks
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2012 at 12:02 AM by carlos888 »
Hana ML, Fidelity Research, Technics Sp-20, EAR-Yoshino, Plinius, Audience and WE cables.

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #39 on: Dec 12, 2012 at 01:47 PM »
sir, is epic 2 available?

Offline carlos888

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Dec 12, 2012 at 05:53 PM »
sir, is epic 2 available?

Yes sir, available at the ffg:

The Grey Market
Watt HiFi
Toys for the Audio Boys

Thanks

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #41 on: Dec 13, 2012 at 03:28 PM »
thanks for the reply.  wow exciting times again...   O0

Offline carlos888

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Dec 30, 2012 at 12:24 PM »
Thank you all for your continued support! Last stock of the Epic 2 and the Elan 15 is still available at The Grey Market! Happy New Year PDVD! :)

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #43 on: Dec 30, 2012 at 12:25 PM »
No more for us in Mindanao?? :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline carlos888

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Dec 30, 2012 at 12:33 PM »
No more for us in Mindanao?? :D

Hi Jen!

The following will be available 3rd or 4th week of January:

Epic 2
Epic 5
Elan 15
Elan 35
« Last Edit: Dec 30, 2012 at 12:35 PM by carlos888 »

Offline TeeGoY

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jan 01, 2013 at 06:58 PM »
Thank you all for your continued support! Last stock of the Epic 2 and the Elan 15 is still available at The Grey Market! Happy New Year PDVD! :)

Oh, I thought the display unit that was given to me was already the last pair of the Epic 2's when I purchased from The Grey Market sometime before Christmas :)  So apparently hindi pala. :)

Offline carlos888

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jan 12, 2013 at 12:33 PM »
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM by carlos888 »

Offline whirlpool

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Feb 09, 2013 at 10:51 PM »
Sir, pa PM ng last price ng elan series.

Offline Marsman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Feb 10, 2013 at 07:14 AM »
New owner of the EPOS Elan 15. Brought it home Tuesday night and when i got home at 8pm, set it up in the theater room for break in 24/7. I placed it on top of a small table facing very near a wall and sort of wrap it in a heavy comforter so it wont disturb us to much. These are somewhat big standmount speakers and pretty heavy. Played all sorts of music from classical, rock, jazz and house all at different volume levels.  So finally last night, i turned the system off. It had a good 96 hours on it. I let it rest for about 2 hours then I hauled the Elan to my stereo system. Adjusted the hight of the speaker stands, slight toe-in, 6 feet apart, placed the Elan on it. By this time, I am feeling sleepy already and my stereo system is still dead cold, I decided to sleep it off last night. Until this morning while writing this, I haven't turned on the system because "the family" has to go out and do the family stuff (you know what i mean). I will give an update soon. Sorry bitin.

Thanks to Caloy for the Elan 15.
Listen

Offline carlos888

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Feb 10, 2013 at 11:29 AM »
New owner of the EPOS Elan 15. Brought it home Tuesday night and when i got home at 8pm, set it up in the theater room for break in 24/7. I placed it on top of a small table facing very near a wall and sort of wrap it in a heavy comforter so it wont disturb us to much. These are somewhat big standmount speakers and pretty heavy. Played all sorts of music from classical, rock, jazz and house all at different volume levels.  So finally last night, i turned the system off. It had a good 96 hours on it. I let it rest for about 2 hours then I hauled the Elan to my stereo system. Adjusted the hight of the speaker stands, slight toe-in, 6 feet apart, placed the Elan on it. By this time, I am feeling sleepy already and my stereo system is still dead cold, I decided to sleep it off last night. Until this morning while writing this, I haven't turned on the system because "the family" has to go out and do the family stuff (you know what i mean). I will give an update soon. Sorry bitin.

Thanks to Caloy for the Elan 15.

Wow bitin ehehehe. Waiting for the next part . . . . .  :)

Offline Marsman

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Feb 17, 2013 at 09:49 AM »
It's been a week since I turned on my stystem. I had been so busy at work. Finally yesterday morning, since there are no family plans on going out and I didn't bring any work related stuff with me at home, this is the right time to enjoy music with the new toy (Elan 15).
I will not be techie (as I am not) in describing what I experience listening to the Elans. I am running them with the Musical Fidelity A300 and music is played through the P3/24 with DV 20X2L. Caloy gave me this speaker jumper wires to replace the stock ones that came with the Elans. I manage to replace it before listening.
The first thing i notice is how well it imaged. Sound stage is holographic, huge and precise. I moved the speakers a half foot apart (6.5ft) and it filled the room further back. I can pinpoint where the singer and instruments are. The sound of the soft dome tweeter is sweet, smooth and airy with lots of detail but never fatiguing. Bass is well defined, tight and musical. Bass extension depends on the music you are playing, the low can get low if needed. Mids are fabulous and uncolored.
I played 17 different genre of records yesterday and I never got tired listening to it. It was more fulfilling than tiring and most of the time it gave a big smile on my face. I guess if i ran more music hours into this speakers, it would still bloom.

Happy listening everyone.
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2013 at 07:28 AM by Marsman »
Listen

Offline TeeGoY

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 10:46 PM »
It's been a week since I turned on my stystem. I had been so busy at work. Finally yesterday morning, since there are no family plans on going out and I didn't bring any work related stuff with me at home, this is the right time to enjoy music with the new toy (Elan 15).
I will not be techie (as I am not) in describing what I experience listening to the Elans. I am running them with the Musical Fidelity A300 and music is played through the P3/24 with DV 20X2L. Caloy gave me this speaker jumper wires to replace the stock ones that came with the Elans. I manage to replace it before listening.
The first thing i notice is how well it imaged. Sound stage is holographic, huge and precise. I moved the speakers a half foot apart (6.5ft) and it filled the room further back. I can pinpoint where the singer and instruments are. The sound of the soft dome tweeter is sweet, smooth and airy with lots of detail but never fatiguing. Bass is well defined, tight and musical. Bass extension depends on the music you are playing, the low can get low if needed. Mids are fabulous and uncolored.
I played 17 different genre of records yesterday and I never got tired listening to it. It was more fulfilling than tiring and most of the time it gave a big smile on my face. I guess if i ran more music hours into this speakers, it would still bloom.

Happy listening everyone.

Epos speakers really image very well :)  Congrats on your purchase sir!  I would have loved to have the Elan 15's if only budget permitted.  But nonetheless I'm also very happy with my Epic 2's.  Just about finished with the break-in period and the improvements are quite noticeable :)

Offline meat_eater

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Feb 18, 2013 at 11:49 PM »
How do the Epics (2/5) fair with low powered amps? Tube amps ranging from 30-50 watts/ch...

Or is it like the Dynes who prefer beefier amps?

Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline carlos888

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Feb 19, 2013 at 02:07 AM »
Thank you for the very insightful review of the Elan 15. What Marsman mentioned are some of the very reason I decided to bring these speakers in. Not many speakers out in the market nowadays perform way above its price range. Moreover these new Epos models sounds more better as they logged in more playing hours. Same goes as you improve your front end. In a way the neutrality of these speakers is one of its biggest attributes. It doesn't add any sound signature of its own, so you will hear more the character of the source/amps you feed them with. And you dont need high powered amps to fully drive them! They may be 4ohms speakers but a minimum of 15wpc for tube based amps and 30wpc for ss amp can give you very satisfying listening experience. I myself partnered my Epic 5 with just a mere 40wpc Ikarus amp that fully envelopes our living room up to the nearest neighbor.

Cheers! :)
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2013 at 12:45 AM by carlos888 »

Offline carlos888

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Feb 19, 2013 at 02:22 AM »
How do the Epics (2/5) fair with low powered amps? Tube amps ranging from 30-50 watts/ch...

Or is it like the Dynes who prefer beefier amps?

Hi Meat-eater,

Here are the links to the Epic 2 and 5 technical specs. Hope these helps. Thanks! :)

Epic 2
http://www.epos-acoustics.com/products/epic-2/

Epic 5
http://www.epos-acoustics.com/products/epic-5/

Offline meat_eater

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Feb 19, 2013 at 02:35 AM »
Hi Meat-eater,

Here are the links to the Epic 2 and 5 technical specs. Hope these helps. Thanks! :)

Epic 2
http://www.epos-acoustics.com/products/epic-2/

Epic 5
http://www.epos-acoustics.com/products/epic-5/

Hi sir, where can I audition the Epic 2?

Thanks again. :)
Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline carlos888

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Feb 19, 2013 at 09:35 AM »
^^ You can listen to them at the following AV shops:

1.  Watt Hi Fi in Makati Cinema Square
2.  The Grey Market at Bellitudo Lifestyle along White Plains
3.  Toys for the Audio Boys also in Makati Square
4.  Hyperaudio near Cash and Carry, Makati

Thanks.
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2013 at 09:48 AM by carlos888 »

Offline carlos888

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Mar 08, 2013 at 02:07 PM »
New stocks are already here. Drop by for a listen at the following Epos dealers:

1. Watt hi-fi -- MCS
2. The Grey Market -- along White Plains
3. Toys For The Audio Boys -- MCS
4. Hyperaudio near Cash and Carry, Makati

We also have the newly developed stand -- ST 15. More heavier than the st12, more stiffer and reduces more vibrations making your Epos (or any other bookshelf speaker) to sound more clearer and natural.

Thank you! :)
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2013 at 09:49 AM by carlos888 »

Offline whirlpool

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Mar 08, 2013 at 10:53 PM »
New stocks are already here. Drop by for a listen at the following Epos dealers:

1. Watt hi-fi -- MCS
2. The Grey Market -- along White Plains
3.  Toys For The Audio Boys -- MCS

We also have the newly developed stand -- ST 15. More heavier than the st12, more stiffer and reduces more vibrations making your Epos (or any other bookshelf speaker) to sound more clearer and natural.

Thank you! :)

We're planning to visit MCS on March 17. Sana meron elan15 and 35 na ready for audition.

Offline carlos888

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Mar 16, 2013 at 12:07 AM »
Epos Epic 2 speakers can now be heard at Hyperaudio in Makati near Cash and Carry. :)