Author Topic: Sari-saring setup...  (Read 148333 times)

Offline jh@meeh

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
^ Nice remarks brader. Please try Muso in lieu of its GUI. Just recently supported HQ due to request from computeraudiophile members. You can also use Fidelizer 6.7 for advance audio tweaks if you are using Windows PC.
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2015 at 12:48 PM by jh@meeh »
LG OLED
Kef Reference
Denon Receiver
Power Sound Audio
JL Fathoms

Offline jh@meeh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Was reading more into these converters. My first impression was adding another device into the signal chain might degrade the quality, but it looks like I was wrong. These converters like the Vlink adds asynchronous capability into the data clocking while adding galvanic isolation into spdif. Which surely explains why reviews are raving about these converters. Definitely, I agree, it's a good investment for Computer Audio!

I'll have more time to explore Audirvana tomorrow. Can't wait ;)

Brader meron ngayong bagong hardware to include in your chain from pc to your rega dac. Uptone Amber Regen. Umorder na ko at waiting mode at the moment. Si timber umorder na rin. Highly praised from computeraudiophile members.

http://uptoneaudio.com/products/usb-regen
LG OLED
Kef Reference
Denon Receiver
Power Sound Audio
JL Fathoms

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
Tried HQPlayer on my MBP last night. Here are some of my initial observations:

1. GUI is so-so, you need an add-on app to compensate.

2. The installation was pretty quick & syncing 400gb of music files took about 10mins only. Take time to read the .pdf manual, I had issues with playing songs the first time I tried but with some tinkering in the settings it was resolved right away.

3. The demo/trial version automatically shuts off after 30mins so you have to restart the app again. No worries as all settings from previous session are retained.

4. The program loads quickly when you click the icon, same with the songs when choosing from your library. No spinning wheel or whatever icon that indicates the files are loading.

5. Under the device settings you will see a lot of items you can tinker with, it's a feast for those who like to experiment to get the sound they want.

6. Without changing the default settings I played a very familiar track and right away I noticed clear separation in details & a wide sound stage. This player sounds really good.

7. Navigating through the various filters & drop down option in settings I can say that this app was designed & developed with DSD in mind.

Thanks for the feedback. Haven't tried it myself. Abala kasi yung work sa ating hobby :( Does it play FLAC files on the MBP without any problems?

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
Brader meron ngayong bagong hardware to include in your chain from pc to your rega dac. Uptone Amber Regen. Umorder na ko at waiting mode at the moment. Si timber umorder na rin. Highly praised from computeraudiophile members.

http://uptoneaudio.com/products/usb-regen

It looks like it has a similar function to the iFi iUSBPower where it cleans the noisy signal coming from USB ports. Mukhang magaganda nga reviews on Computer Audiophile. Let us know idol kung dumating na ;)

Offline deist

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Family,Photography,Music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Initially I had problems with it but after reading the manual I was able to play flac without any hitch. It can play in bit perfect mode but this player is really designed for upsampling so for those who want to go that route make sure your processor is up to the task  ;)

Thanks for the feedback. Haven't tried it myself. Abala kasi yung work sa ating hobby :( Does it play FLAC files on the MBP without any problems?

Offline deist

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
I'm using a device similar to iUSB made by our very own JojoD  ;)

He calls it USB power plant. It doesnt have a fancy sleek looking casing but it does the job. Everytime i remove it from my system chain i notice a degradation in sound quality.

It looks like it has a similar function to the iFi iUSBPower where it cleans the noisy signal coming from USB ports. Mukhang magaganda nga reviews on Computer Audiophile. Let us know idol kung dumating na ;)

Offline deist

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Ok, update on hqplayer...

After 3 days of listening, switching between audirvana+, jriver & hqplayer listening to the same album; i can say that it is the best sounding among the three at least in my mac.

I tried upsampling as well, among all the audiophile music players i've tried with the same feature; hqplayer is the best at this job. Caveat is you really need a processor with enough grunt for dsd upsampling.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
I'm using a device similar to iUSB made by our very own JojoD  ;)

He calls it USB power plant. It doesnt have a fancy sleek looking casing but it does the job. Everytime i remove it from my system chain i notice a degradation in sound quality.

Thanks Master, that is something to consider. I saw the backlog on the Uptone Regen. It is nice to see alternatives for the device.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
Ok, update on hqplayer...

After 3 days of listening, switching between audirvana+, jriver & hqplayer listening to the same album; i can say that it is the best sounding among the three at least in my mac.

I tried upsampling as well, among all the audiophile music players i've tried with the same feature; hqplayer is the best at this job. Caveat is you really need a processor with enough grunt for dsd upsampling.

Great feedback. Would try it out too this coming saturday because my weekend was spent auditioning the Cocktail Audio X12. It sounds "analog" and as per specs should be able to output 24/192 via optical output but then I like the X10's character more. They still have a long way to go beating our Mac/PC setup in terms of functionality, features and sound quality. It is just that, it is pretty convenient to have all these things in a small box :)

« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2015 at 09:34 PM by sientobente »

Offline deist

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Subok na namin mga products nyan ni Master JojoD. Pwede pa special request for tweaks & upgraded parts & best of all endless tech support & warranty  ;)

Thanks Master, that is something to consider. I saw the backlog on the Uptone Regen. It is nice to see alternatives for the device.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
Subok na namin mga products nyan ni Master JojoD. Pwede pa special request for tweaks & upgraded parts & best of all endless tech support & warranty  ;)

Sir Deist, would you have a picture of the iUSB by Master JojoD? You know having that highly sought-after WAF is kinda difficult. If it is too flashy, she will think it is too expensive. If it is ugly, she does not want it seen anywhere in her line-of-sight. Wala tayong panalo  :-[

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Sir Deist, would you have a picture of the iUSB by Master JojoD? You know having that highly sought-after WAF is kinda difficult. If it is too flashy, she will think it is too expensive. If it is ugly, she does not want it seen anywhere in her line-of-sight. Wala tayong panalo  :-[

Brader, mukang OK yung binebenta ni Jen na iUSB Power ah.. ayaw mo try yun?
Walang Setup

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
Brader, mukang OK yung binebenta ni Jen na iUSB Power ah.. ayaw mo try yun?
Idol, pang bigtime kasi yun, meaning your level :) I also would need your MF Vlink192 to make that work on my Mac. Siguro 1 step at a time idol.

Offline geriboy

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
For sale naman daw yung MF. As for the iUSBPower and iFi Gemini, it's negotiable and affordable
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline cyberdraven

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Old Carabao eats young grass!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Hi Gerald, just to share this newest article in Computer Audiophile.  I don't know anything about computers but opted to share lang.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/649-20-audio-applications-enhance-your-music-listening-experience/

Thanks
paeng
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
eto po sir - http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,40823.msg2239263.html#msg2239263
Thanks Sir Gerry! :)

For sale naman daw yung MF. As for the iUSBPower and iFi Gemini, it's negotiable and affordable
Hahaha. You are an awesome mangkukulam Sir Jen ;)

Hi Gerald, just to share this newest article in Computer Audiophile.  I don't know anything about computers but opted to share lang.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/649-20-audio-applications-enhance-your-music-listening-experience/

Thanks
paeng
This is a nice read boss Paeng. Parang halos lahat sa list, nasubukan ko na except for Vox, Swinsain, Tamahawk, HQPlayer, XXHighend. The last one sounded like an adult website.  O0

Offline deist

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
@sientobente - yes, this is the one. It's in a clear acrylic case.

@gerry - thanks.

eto po sir - http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,40823.msg2239263.html#msg2239263

Offline jeffry10

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
They still have a long way to go beating our Mac/PC setup in terms of functionality, features and sound quality. It is just that, it is pretty convenient to have all these things in a small box :)

funny. i have the same thing to say about receivers and my htpc doing 2.2 duty.
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2015 at 08:22 AM by jeffry10 »

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
Re: Sari-saring setup...
« Reply #679 on: Jan 20, 2016 at 01:58 AM »
Haven't been active for a few months since I've taken up a new hobby and have been frequenting another forum(PhilippineWatchClub). Nevertheless, Pdvd is still my first love ;p

Today, my wife gave me a Beats Studio 2.0 Noise Cancelling Headphones to accompany me in work. In comparison to my Sennheiser Momentum and Grado SR80i, sound quality-wise, it isn't really that worse. It is actually known as the best sounding Beats set. Noise cancellation is pretty good, if you don't mind the low hiss attributed to NC headphones. Not sure if it is because it isn't broken in yet, but bass isn't that as heavy as a regular Beats Solo or something. It also sounds laid back. In comparison to my over-ear Momentum, the details isn't really at that level, but it sounds clear enough for you to appreciate the music. Here it is along with the standard PWC wristshot lol!

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #680 on: Jan 21, 2016 at 04:29 PM »
Haven't been active for a few months since I've taken up a new hobby and have been frequenting another forum(PhilippineWatchClub). Nevertheless, Pdvd is still my first love ;p

Today, my wife gave me a Beats Studio 2.0 Noise Cancelling Headphones to accompany me in work. In comparison to my Sennheiser Momentum and Grado SR80i, sound quality-wise, it isn't really that worse. It is actually known as the best sounding Beats set. Noise cancellation is pretty good, if you don't mind the low hiss attributed to NC headphones. Not sure if it is because it isn't broken in yet, but bass isn't that as heavy as a regular Beats Solo or something. It also sounds laid back. In comparison to my over-ear Momentum, the details isn't really at that level, but it sounds clear enough for you to appreciate the music. Here it is along with the standard PWC wristshot lol!

Ibang Level ang hobby mo Master.. he he he... GRABE he he he.. Congrattssss
Walang Setup

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #681 on: Jan 21, 2016 at 04:41 PM »
Congrats master SQ EMMA IASCA King Gerald!

Sabi mo dati KAC ang first love mo nun 2006, Hehe!

Offline jh@meeh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #682 on: Jan 21, 2016 at 04:55 PM »
Binabate kita sir!
LG OLED
Kef Reference
Denon Receiver
Power Sound Audio
JL Fathoms

Offline elim

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #683 on: Jan 21, 2016 at 05:05 PM »

Natural progression ata yun, KAC then PDVD then... hehe Congrats on the new hobby bro
i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee319/ielim/Faithful%20Sound%20brands%202_zpsttoewu3h.jpg

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #684 on: Jan 21, 2016 at 09:03 PM »
me, PWC member din.

toggling between pdvd and pwc everyday he he he...

;D

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #685 on: Jan 23, 2016 at 08:48 PM »
Ibang Level ang hobby mo Master.. he he he... GRABE he he he.. Congrattssss
Mas madali kasi mang-snatch ng relo idol, kaysa speaker hehehe

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #686 on: Jan 23, 2016 at 08:49 PM »

Naku, Konsi, sumusunod lang sa yapak niyo ;)

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #687 on: Jan 23, 2016 at 08:50 PM »
me, PWC member din.

toggling between pdvd and pwc everyday he he he...

;D
Yup boss Luis. Sa inyo ko nga nakuha ang idea about mechanical watches. Grabe ang level ng mga tao run, monster wallets! :)

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #688 on: Jan 23, 2016 at 08:51 PM »
Natural progression ata yun, KAC then PDVD then... hehe Congrats on the new hobby bro
Hehe, parang ganun na nga boss Ernest hehe

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #689 on: Jan 23, 2016 at 08:52 PM »
Binabate kita sir!
Thanks boss idol master Jhameeh! :)