Author Topic: 24  (Read 145060 times)

Offline slowhand

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:24
« Reply #90 on: Jun 07, 2003 at 08:44 PM »
We got hooked one week on 24 too. Guess that happens often. But about midday (of their day), I couldn't help thinking... audience manipulation. I got out of the spell and just waited for everyone to get to the 24th hour so I could see how it ended. I felt I didn't miss much of the story, as it got redundant after a while.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Jun 08, 2003 at 03:47 PM »
Okay....I suddenly feel like Jack Bauer, you know...I feel I have to urge to post what episode I am in and what's happening... ::) Anyway, this episode I just saw - I think it was around 5:00-6:00PM already.....[spoiler below!!!!]

Cannot  believe how childish these CTU people are!!! That episode were Bauer had to meet the guy in the red cap? ------ Okay, there's the CTU sniper right? (Hamlin/Henlin/Heimlich)....and he was messing around with Bauer over some grudge or whatever, and they had  this little banter going on right?.....  And then Nina had to call Boss Mason to tell  on Sniper-guy and Boss Mason had to be patched through line 1 so he could personally tell Sniper-guy to stop messing around with Bauer......how childish!!!! ::) These people have killed other people and yet they had to go through the boss to "settle" things for them! ;D LOL!!!

And don't get me started on Kim! :P ::) ;D

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Jun 08, 2003 at 11:08 PM »
My most despised character on this show ---- The Senator's Wife. Kapal! :P

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Jun 09, 2003 at 04:51 AM »
We got hooked one week on 24 too. Guess that happens often. But about midday (of their day), I couldn't help thinking... audience manipulation. I got out of the spell and just waited for everyone to get to the 24th hour so I could see how it ended. I felt I didn't miss much of the story, as it got redundant after a while.

News flash man .. tv shows and movies, whatever genre is doing audience manipulation. That's why we watch ... they make us laugh, cry, or whatever emotion they want to extract from us to make us come back for a second helping. If you don't call that manipulation at its best, I wouldn't know what to say.

Back to the topic:

I love Sherry Palmer ! She's evil personified and I think one of the best characters on the show.

Come to think of it, most blondes on this show are dumb. The best ones re not. Teri (Jack's wife), Nina (the co-worker) and Sherry (the Senator's wife) are three of the best characters on the show ... heck, even Jamie (another co-worker) was better than Kim.
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2003 at 04:54 AM by kakabanas »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Jun 09, 2003 at 08:51 AM »

Back to the topic:

I love Sherry Palmer ! She's evil personified and I think one of the best characters on the show.

....and she has the juiciest lines ----- "Yes. Us.  When you're in the oval office come January, I will be there standing right next to you" <with those dagger looks pa> Kapal talaga! :P ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2003 at 08:51 AM by CrUzSACK »

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Jun 10, 2003 at 12:58 PM »
Finally finished Season 1 and I wasn't expecting the 2nd mole to be the one who I thought was the nicest character! :o I didn't see it coming, I thought it was the 3rd in command at CTU.

Anyway, for you who hate Kim's guts/acting/whatever....wouldn't it be nice if the season ended like this:

Teri: Jack I'm pregnant
Jack: You are? (surprised, cry,cry).......
Teri:  Maybe this is our second chance
Jack:  Well, maybe I shouldn't bust my arse saviing Kim, we've got another baby on the way.  Let's just leave her to die! It was mostly her fault anyway
Teri: Yeah, fine with me. She didn't really love me anyway.  Come home Jack.  Forget Kim. Let's celebrate!

;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #96 on: Jun 10, 2003 at 07:56 PM »
Finally finished Season 1 and I wasn't expecting the 2nd mole to be the one who I thought was the nicest character! :o I didn't see it coming, I thought it was the 3rd in command at CTU.

That was the 2nd* weakest part of the show for me, particularly since her behavior at the hospital when Kim and Leslie were initially saved makes her being the second mole next to impossible. She would not have gone so far as to search for fingerprints for the "unknown fake agent," since she was the only one who saw him, anyway. That was a lousy red herring for them to throw.

* - The weakest was the the sudden amnesia... and recovery what? 2 1/2 hours later? LOL!  :P
« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2003 at 07:57 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Jun 11, 2003 at 03:06 AM »
That was the 2nd* weakest part of the show for me, particularly since her behavior at the hospital when Kim and Leslie were initially saved makes her being the second mole next to impossible. She would not have gone so far as to search for fingerprints for the "unknown fake agent," since she was the only one who saw him, anyway. That was a lousy red herring for them to throw.

* - The weakest was the the sudden amnesia... and recovery what? 2 1/2 hours later? LOL!  :P

I will give you the amnesia plot ... although too much trauma can cause someone to temporarily lose memory ... imagine being kidnapped, dragged, raped .. all in one day ...

But the other mole was justifified .. ever notice how the mole was always out of the way whenever some bad things happen ? That's because Jack tells the mole everything .. including whereabouts of the victims to be ... unsuspecting and trusting that he is. That's why the bad guys are always ahead of Jack. The mole has to act like a good guy in order to continue the job effectively and be cleared of suspiscion.

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Jun 16, 2003 at 11:03 AM »

I agree with this one Mr. Hankey... she had gone so far as to help them in the hospital that it was really impossible to think of her as a mole... the writers basically made her the protagonist throughout the season, then they'd just turn it around on the last episode... anyway, as many reviews on the internet had stated, the show was great, atlhough it had a lot of loopholes... :)
« Last Edit: Jun 16, 2003 at 11:04 AM by sgc_wdi »

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Jun 18, 2003 at 01:45 AM »
I agree with this one Mr. Hankey... she had gone so far as to help them in the hospital that it was really impossible to think of her as a mole... the writers basically made her the protagonist throughout the season, then they'd just turn it around on the last episode... anyway, as many reviews on the internet had stated, the show was great, atlhough it had a lot of loopholes... :)

My interpretation was .. SHE HAD TO. Otherwise, she'll blow her cover and the more important part of all, their mission. Gaines and the Drazens does not have direct contact with her ... so they don't know her at all. But she knows all about them and the whole plan. If in any way she did something at work that would make her a suspect, she'd be out of the way and can no longer provide information that will be relayed to the bad guys. Thus jeopardizing the mission.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #100 on: Jul 01, 2003 at 11:21 AM »
For those who were royally screwed by the RPN broadcast of 24 (or those who just want to see it again) there's good news!

Midnight to 1:00am (Day 1) will be on AXN on Thursday, July 24 at 9:00pm.

24 on 24 on 24 ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2003 at 11:43 AM by sardaukar »

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Jul 01, 2003 at 11:45 AM »
Here are some of what we can expect for season 3, don't read if you haven't seen season 1 or 2:

24 (TV): SPOILERS AHEAD. Ok for those Aussie and UK fans who've not caught up yet with the end of Season 2, look away now because executive producer Howard Gordon talked with Zap2It <http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?31959> this week about what we can expect next season after the shock events in the aforementioned finale. The most notable change will be a time jump - "It's going to be about two, two-and-a-half years later. Many things may have changed. It's a fair amount of time for old wounds to have healed and new ones to have been inflicted". Therefore its likely the cliffhanger elements involving Palmer and Jack will only be referred to rather than solved on the screen. The cast looks to undergo a shake-up as well with the characters of Sherry Palmer (Penny Johnson Jerald) and Kate Warner (Sarah Wynter) are not signed on as regular cast members next season though that news is surprising as Wynter indicated things get 'steamy' next season between her and Jack to the Aussie press recently. Their exclusion however does not mean they're entirely out, and it seems almost certain they'll appear in a few eps much like Nina (Sarah Clarke) did this year - "Nothing is impossible. In fact, Kate does make an appearance, but she's not been cast as a regular. The same goes for Penny. This is real fluid. They are characters that live in our universe, and it's entirely possible that they'll be back".

Also:

On "24", Kiefer gets a partner in the form of field op Chase Exen whilst the storyline may revolve around "a narco-terrorist named Ramon Salazar who is head of his organization and his South American general Hector Moya, an elegant gangster with a even more elegant, but savvy girlfriend Claudia".

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Jul 01, 2003 at 11:46 AM »
Uy! Sana gawing real time ng AXN.

Offline demented_angel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Guru
  • i'm wishing on a star, to follow where you are...
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Jul 02, 2003 at 10:07 PM »
ive missed it on rpn 9...but finally axn's gotta air this...nice... ;D

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Jul 23, 2003 at 12:32 PM »
I read that in season 3, Kim Bauer will be in CTU's employment already...

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Jul 23, 2003 at 12:38 PM »
I read that in season 3, Kim Bauer will be in CTU's employment already...

No, really? To what? Make coffee? ;D

No offense to those who make coffee (as part of their job description) ;D...I did that too when I was working. :P ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2003 at 12:38 PM by CrUzSACK »

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Jul 23, 2003 at 12:44 PM »
haha, not sure, but some rumors suggest that Kim will insist to be with his dad the whole time in the new series, because she is concerned of his dad's health.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Jul 23, 2003 at 02:27 PM »
Naku! If that's the case, lahat ng malas palapit na sa CTU. ;D

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Jul 24, 2003 at 12:35 AM »
so yung Season 3 will start a few months after the end ng day ng Season 2?

sana September na para may dvd na para mapanood ko na yung Season 2.  i hope it is as good or better than Season 1

:D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #109 on: Jul 24, 2003 at 02:17 AM »
so yung Season 3 will start a few months after the end ng day ng Season 2?

Actually, the rumor is that it starts three years after the events in Season Two.

They've added 4 new characters, including DB Woodside (Buffy's Principal Wood).

Season Three premieres in the US with a 60-minute commercial-free episode on October 28th. Talk about "Real Real Time."  :)

For those who missed it or don't want to purchase the DVD, Season One of "24" begins on AXN tonight at 9:00PM.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline dibidi

• DVD Addict
  • I lab my dibidis
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #110 on: Jul 24, 2003 at 10:10 AM »
well i've been waiting for 24 to be shown in cable and thanks too AXN it had come.

Hehehe.. i like elisha cuthbert hehe cute niya..

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Jul 26, 2003 at 07:46 AM »
Season 2 has fewer dead people in the episodes, buti na lang! ;D But the story is tighter and much more exciting. This show is so good! And nangdamay na naman si Kim! LOL! ;D

SPOILER!!!!

Don't have to wait for Season 3 na pala, aba malas talaga sa CTU (see my last post before this). The office is  the target of terrorist this time!!!
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2003 at 07:49 AM by CrUzSACK »

Offline Qman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • crawling in my skin ....
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Jul 26, 2003 at 12:44 PM »
Ive read that in season 3 they will introduce a partner for jack that will eventually become the lead character.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Jul 26, 2003 at 01:46 PM »
I cannot stress enough how good season 2 is. The story is so much better than season 1, I could scream!!!!

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #114 on: Jul 26, 2003 at 05:18 PM »
Ive read that in season 3 they will introduce a partner for jack that will eventually become the lead character.

if you think it about it Bauer can't have more than 3 longest days of his life. he might die from work related stress. :)

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Jul 26, 2003 at 07:53 PM »
ang tagal pa ng season 3, October 28 pa ang premiere!  >:(

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Jul 27, 2003 at 07:55 PM »
buti ka pa Season 3 na ang inaantay mo.  ako Season 2 pa rin.  wanna have the DVD na!!   ;D

ang tagal pa ng season 3, October 28 pa ang premiere!  >:(

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #117 on: Jul 27, 2003 at 08:32 PM »
you guys finished season 2 already?

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Jul 27, 2003 at 10:52 PM »
i am still waiting for the dvd to come out.   :D
a month and a half to go before i get to watch Season 2.

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Jul 28, 2003 at 12:26 PM »

Kami naman we're almost done thanks to Aikon who llet us borrow his downloads. :)  There are more heroes in season 2 and more noble actions..........and during the 10:00PM-11:00PM episode, Kim made me all weepy. Wahaaa!
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2003 at 12:28 PM by CrUzSACK »