Offline DViant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
Re:24
« Reply #30 on: Oct 13, 2002 at 06:17 PM »
Just watched the first 6 episodes of 24 on Super VCD. Lupit. I'm thinkin of downloading the rest before the Second Season starts on the 29th.

A minor request. PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS.

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Oct 17, 2002 at 03:57 AM »
Malapit na start ng second season. Paano na kaya ang narration intro ?

The following event takes place between ...

... Jack Bauer and this is the SECOND longest day of my life.

Hehehe.

By the way, is this the season where we get to see Jack relieve himself ? Or at least eat  crackers? I remember him taking some nap in the first season but I don't remember him chewing something or going to the bathroom. I want to see some skin ! Hahaha.

8)
k
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2002 at 03:58 AM by kakabanas »

Offline bury3

• Collector
  • Hail to the King, baby!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Oct 19, 2002 at 03:36 AM »
Malapit na start ng second season. Paano na kaya ang narration intro ?

The following event takes place between ...

... Jack Bauer and this is the SECOND longest day of my life.

Hehehe.

By the way, is this the season where we get to see Jack relieve himself ? Or at least eat  crackers? I remember him taking some nap in the first season but I don't remember him chewing something or going to the bathroom. I want to see some skin ! Hahaha.

8)
k

He ate a hotdog while waiting to meet a guy and pretending to be that guy he killed in the limo.  Kiefer Sutherland had to suggest this idea pa to the director.

But I don't remember him taking a leak.  (But why would he when he never drank either? Hehe.)

Anyway, if you like watching US tv shows that are up-to-date and aren't shown here, rent at Vincent's sa may Forbes, at the building near the church.  P60 nga lang per episode.  That's why I saw 24 nung April pa.

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Oct 22, 2002 at 02:50 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D
He ate a hotdog while waiting to meet a guy and pretending to be that guy he killed in the limo.  Kiefer Sutherland had to suggest this idea pa to the director.

A hotdog.. hmm. Ok, I stand erected.. I meant corrected.

;D

The new season starts on Tuesday, the 29th. The new Entertainment Weekly magazine is carrying some key plots/secrets to the new season .. read at your own risk !

8)
k

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Oct 22, 2002 at 03:29 AM »
I read recently that Kiefer Sutherland isn't interested in comin back for a Third Season. If he doesn't return I certainly hope they replace him with someone as good or better than him. I can't wait to finish the episode 14-24. :)

That reminds me the Second Season will start on October 29th US time. :)
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2002 at 03:34 AM by DViant »

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • the noxious in obnoxious
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Oct 22, 2002 at 11:27 AM »
RPN 9 is showing one-hour deja vus again.  >:( >:(
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2002 at 11:48 AM by utoy »

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Oct 22, 2002 at 10:04 PM »
I read recently that Kiefer Sutherland isn't interested in comin back for a Third Season. If he doesn't return I certainly hope they replace him with someone as good or better than him. I can't wait to finish the episode 14-24. :)

That reminds me the Second Season will start on October 29th US time. :)

This was never mentioned in the EW article.  Based on that interview, he seems pretty excited with the direction the tv show is going ... especially as it opened new opportunities for him.

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Oct 22, 2002 at 11:08 PM »
This was never mentioned in the EW article.  Based on that interview, he seems pretty excited with the direction the tv show is going ... especially as it opened new opportunities for him.

He used Die Hard as an example in which a single character becomes stale. The show becomes unbelievable when tragedy strikes the hero day after day after day. He's all good for the Second Season of 24 but he thinks it'll be stale in the third. Gotta bring new blood.:)

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Oct 23, 2002 at 01:19 AM »

He used Die Hard as an example in which a single character becomes stale. The show becomes unbelievable when tragedy strikes the hero day after day after day. He's all good for the Second Season of 24 but he thinks it'll be stale in the third. Gotta bring new blood.:)

I'll ask him when I see him.  ;D

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Oct 30, 2002 at 09:36 PM »
Season 2 started last night .... commercial free !!!!

Major plot hits close to home. Subplots a little shaky but alright ... except one that seemed out of place and really have no reason to be included anyway. Of course, that plots involves Kim ... why didn't they kill her in the first season, instead of the mother? And again, Kim depends her title as the daughter you are most likely to slap to death !
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2002 at 11:54 AM by joeypogi »

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Oct 31, 2002 at 09:23 PM »

Offline bently

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Nov 19, 2002 at 01:08 AM »
well i finally got to see the 1st season! :D
never saw this , when it aired on TV so i picked up the dvd set and watched the whole season within 36 hrs!
unlike jack, i fell asleep after 12 episodes! ::)

great t.v. series! :D! and i was glad to have the option to watch this continuously.

the dvd was presented in 16x9 widescreen, and dolby prologic, the video was nothing spectacular, almost at par with the sopranos dvd. as for the audio, most of it was dialogue driven so there was little use of the surround, and i opted to just use my tv speakers for the rest of the series, since i was already in the wee hours of the night.
the plot gets crazier and unrealistic as the day ends, SPOILER- (geez, the daughter gets kidnaped, fall on a cliff, get mixed in a drug buy bust, gets kidnaped again... ::)...while the wife, also gets kidnapped, raped, pregnated, kills a guy, gets amnesia, almost get killed again, then finally got killed in a fully secured HQ, where she seems to have access to all the rooms, even if she's just a civilian...and i have not mentioned jack's itinerary for the day yet!)boy what a day!

the acting and suspense of the series was enough to keep me glued to my lazy-boy chair! :D

as for the 2nd season, i'm also planning to just view it when the whole season comes out on dvd, since i don't think i can bear to wait for each episode to come out every week! 8)
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2002 at 11:56 AM by joeypogi »
.·´ `·. . ><((((º> . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . <º))))><
.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . ><((((º> .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .
·. . .·´ `·. . .><((((º>.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. .

Offline bently

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Nov 19, 2002 at 02:15 PM »
just noticed that there was a special feature on the last disk...
i was surprised to see an alternate ending for the series....
the alternate ending came with a directors commentary as to why they opted for the more tragic ending...
*spoiler alertthe alternate ending starts with jack going into the conference roomto see his daughter KIM, then both proceeded to find the mother, but unlike the original ending jack finds his wife alive on the chair and the whole family is reunited and they all go home...what a happy ending! :)...too bad the writer and producer felt that a happy ending would be an insult to the series and fans so they decided to go with a more tragic ending....
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2002 at 02:16 PM by bently »
.·´ `·. . ><((((º> . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . <º))))><
.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . ><((((º> .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .
·. . .·´ `·. . .><((((º>.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. .

Offline acidburn

• Collector
  • Occasionally, I'm callous and strange.
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Nov 19, 2002 at 06:52 PM »
actually. i preferred the current ending. It would have been a cop out (not to mention wouldn't have made any sense) if they used the alternate ending.
I wish I was lonely, Instead of just only...

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Nov 29, 2002 at 11:40 AM »

the mother died? oh great! no spoiler warning :( I'm only at episode 12 right now...
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2002 at 11:55 AM by joeypogi »

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Feb 21, 2003 at 02:21 AM »
Hmmm, anyone else watching the second season ? It's quite intense even with less dead body count than the first season. Lots of very graphic scenes I think for network TV .... and still the best TV show this year !

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Feb 24, 2003 at 03:18 PM »
I love the second season!! :)

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Feb 24, 2003 at 03:31 PM »
I can't wait to see the second season.  It's about a terrorist planting a nuke in Los Angeles right? Cool! Sounds really exciting!  Anybody here know when the 2nd season be coming out on DVD?  Will the first lady still be there to mess things up or is she permanently gone?  Will Tony be heading the CTU replacing Jack?

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Feb 28, 2003 at 05:31 AM »
Well, they just renewed it for 3rd season !  ;D

Offline j@y

• DVD Addict
  • ThuG LuviN'
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Feb 28, 2003 at 05:49 AM »
I love the 2nd season even more than the 1st. ;D ;D  So many interesting plots and twists. ;) BTW, Kim justs always gets into trouble does'nt she? :P
LG Infinia 55LW5600 55" LED 3D
Onkyo TX-SR606
Sony SS-F7000
Sub - PA-120W 500w
Sony PS3

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Feb 28, 2003 at 10:45 AM »
I love the 2nd season even more than the 1st. ;D ;D  So many interesting plots and twists. ;) BTW, Kim justs always gets into trouble does'nt she? :P

I can't wait for Kim to die  >:(. As Whitney (Bring It On) would say .. she puts the "duh" in dumb (blonde).

24 is currently the 5th most watched drama on TV.

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Feb 28, 2003 at 03:28 PM »
Kim is stupid, but that's what makes the story more interesting...

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Feb 28, 2003 at 05:54 PM »
Yeah Kim is sooooo annoying specially at how she go after that boy Rick regardless of the risk on her Mom.  

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Feb 28, 2003 at 09:44 PM »
Yeah Kim is sooooo annoying specially at how she go after that boy Rick regardless of the risk on her Mom.  

Well, Rick is a hottie. LOL.

But I do agree that even the dumbest blonde bombshell on earth wouldn't go after him in a situation like that.

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Mar 27, 2003 at 04:22 AM »
Man, 24 is really getting close to reality.

Last season, there was the plane exploding.

To those who have been watching, it is as close to reality as it can get.

I love this show.

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Apr 28, 2003 at 09:04 PM »
Anyone still keeping track of the show?

I've watched everything shown so far and all I can say is wow!!!!!! Too bad RPN-9 cancelled it after 12 episodes. :(

Offline sgc_wdi

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Apr 29, 2003 at 11:51 AM »
yeah I've been following season 2 very closely as well... can't wait to know what happens in the end...

Offline kakabanas

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • What the - - -  ?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2003 at 08:29 PM »
yeah I've been following season 2 very closely as well... can't wait to know what happens in the end...

Did you watch this Tuesday's ep ? Wasn't that a shocker when she showed up before the credits rolled ?

Offline johndoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2003 at 05:32 PM »
News:

Series star Kiefer Sutherland talked to TV Times about Season Three and also a possible movie spin-off: "We've planned a third season, even from the first day of doing season two. The events of the season finale set up what will be our third season. Sarah [Wynter] is back, but that's all I care to say. The finale is a great rollercoaster ride. Seriously."

Could there be a "24" movie?

"It's a natural progression, yes. It's usually the other way around - TV Series become movies - but in this case we think we've created something that's far more entertaining each week, and much better written, than some of the movies out there. If we can take this great weekly series and turn it into a two-hour cinematic movie, why not. I know everyone is looking forward to that happening. We've got a big "Die Hard" style spectacle planned in the back of all our minds. The show itself is big enough in itself, but the movie is sure to bring it on."

;)

Offline Sen.Almondski

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2003 at 02:32 PM »
News:

Series star Kiefer Sutherland talked to TV Times about Season Three and also a possible movie spin-off: "We've planned a third season, even from the first day of doing season two. The events of the season finale set up what will be our third season. Sarah [Wynter] is back, but that's all I care to say. The finale is a great rollercoaster ride. Seriously."

Could there be a "24" movie?

It has the same premise with Johnny Depp's Nick Of Time, same real time but the difference is Johnny runs 90 minutes while Kiefer is tense for 24 hours, so if you have watched Nick of Time, i think there's nothing new in 24.  ;)