Author Topic: Polk Audio's new LSiM Series  (Read 54775 times)

Offline Topper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Polk Audio's new LSiM Series
« on: May 15, 2011 at 10:09 AM »
Pix taken at the ongoing Lone Star Audio Fest 2011:

and here's some snippets from peeps who heard them at the show:

"I've been trying fruitlessly to find detailed pictures of LSiM online, and this was a great chance to study new design in great detail. They have a much bigger presence than pictures lead to believe. These are the most beautiful speakers Polk has ever made, and one of the nicest speakers I've seen period. The class is cut above previous LSi series and in the same league as anything I've seen under $10k. But enough with the words, here are the pictures."

--

"Ok. The first thing that jump out is how new LSiM towers present a complete sound package from top to bottom. It's really is a full range speaker. They are not bright, and stay true to the Polk signature, however - they have a lot more information in the upper mids than LSi15's. Another immediate striking characteristics - is full, dynamic and tight bass. It's fast and keeps together with the upper registers, but it goes so deep that I was looking suspiciously to the left at Polk new sub sitting in the corner. It wasn't hooked up. If I want to be crude in my words, 707 remind me in their presentation of the full range speakers such as Wilson Sasha or B&W802 - not in the way of sound signature, but in the ability to present the full picture. 707 were able to load the room with music energy without showing any strain or disconnect between bass and upper range."

--

"The LSiM 707 is spectacular. The weakest link in the LSi15/25 was fixed with the stellar bass these put out. It was quick and blended very well. Not sure if it was mentioned before or not, but the grilles are actually made of metal now. They have a felt backing on them so that when slapping them back on the speaker, you don't scratch the gloss finish.

The biggest surprise for me was the TL2 and TL3. These are great products that shouldn't be overlooked. They were paired with the DSW Pro 440wi and filled the room with impressive sound. If you are looking for some new desktop speakers or want a "cheaper" but solid setup for a home theater, put these on the top of your list. If you are a fan of the LSi sound, you will definitely dig the TL3's, and at $300 a pair, they are a bargain."

--

"By the way, from the looks of it, Polk room was one of the busiest of the show."
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011 at 09:00 AM by Topper »

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 796
Re: Sneak Peak - Polk Audio's upcoming top of the line LSiM
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011 at 10:35 AM »
Pix taken at the ongoing Lone Star Audio Fest 2011:

What model is the bookshelf speaker?
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Cosmic79

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011 at 10:36 AM »
Thanks for sharing this heads up news. The shape of the drivers looks totally different and curious on how the sound quality is .
Audio Hobbyist

Offline Topper

• Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011 at 10:49 AM »
What model is the bookshelf speaker?

The bookshelf is tentatively called LSiM 703

Offline Topper

• Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011 at 10:55 AM »

If your curious about the tech and design goals of this new LSiM series, do take the time to check out the tech brief:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/221602/Polk/LSi%20M/LSiM%20Technical%20Brief.pdf

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011 at 02:49 PM »
The bookshelf is tentatively called LSiM 703

Yup Google turned up that those will cost around $ 1,000 each!
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011 at 05:37 AM »
Nice pics, Manoj! :)

Are you getting a pair for yourself? :)

Offline Topper

• Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011 at 07:27 AM »
definitely :).

Still a few months away though so gotta start saving up :)

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011 at 09:03 AM »
definitely :).

Still a few months away though so gotta start saving up :)

Nice! :)

I'm very puzzled with their choice of matching gear though, especially those Jaton Operetta power amps. Are they demonstrating how easy it is to drive these speakers?

Offline Topper

• Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011 at 11:10 AM »
Nice! :)

I'm very puzzled with their choice of matching gear though, especially those Jaton Operetta power amps. Are they demonstrating how easy it is to drive these speakers?

Yep exactly. Here's the direct quote on the forum when somebody asked them about that:

"Yes Virtue Audio powering the Blackstone running on pure dc with a Dodd tube buffer installed. The Jaton gear is the new AP2140 modular system and it is not only affordable but it is rocking the LSiM's. They sent me their $5000 amp, but I wanted to show that 2 grand was more than enough to make them sing for the budget minded."

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011 at 10:00 PM »
Nice! :) I'm not so used to seeing affordable chip amps in demo systems. :) $2k is for two 2-channel Operettas already ($1k each), which they probably used for bi-amping.

Offline Topper

• Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011 at 12:48 PM »
Check out this blog from The Vinyl Anachronist about the Polk LSiM at the Lone Star Audio Fest:

http://thevinylanachronist.blogspot.com/2011/05/polk-audio-at-lone-star-audio-fest-2001.html

Offline Topper

• Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011 at 12:10 PM »
First on-hand review of the pre-production unit of the upcoming brand new Polk Audio LSiM Bookshelf speaker (LSiM 703)

"Well, we're coming up on 48 hours of me having the LSiM 703s in my custody, and quite frankly, I don't wanna give 'em back! They're amazing! I promised a review in the thread for our meet-up, and would have liked to have had more time with them but the threat of having to send them back is looming close and I want to share these with other TX Polkies, so I'm going to write this review while I listen to them. This is my first time critically reviewing a speaker, so bear with me as try to walk you guys through my experience so far.

First off, I'm just in love with the new cabinet design. Not that I have a single thing against the look of the LSi line, but the smooth curves are elegant but not overbearing (and are backed by equally-smooth sound, but we'll get to that later). The LSiM's cherry is very similar to the tone of the LSi's, but different enough to notice when placed side by side for comparison. It would be a lot tougher to tell if you had a set of Ms in one room and LSis in another. Since these are pre-production models, there's no way to tell if that will permanently be the case. I've included a picture to illustrate the difference for those of you who are curious. I think it would be cool if they would also include a lighter color like a natural birch, but I'd be content regardless of the color\ The grills are held on by six magnets, so the front was able to be kept smooth, beautiful and sans grill-mounting-holes. "polkaudio" logos are mounted at the bottom of the speaker, and serve as an additional support to hold the grills up, not that they really need it, but they do come off a good bit easier than your plug-socket style grill mounts, so without the emblem there I could see the grill easily being knocked off. These babies are without a doubt designed for grill-less action, but still look gorgeous with the grills on, so those of you with the curious kids need not worry that you'll be missing out with the grills in place. As far as cabinet integrity goes, Polk did it right and built in some solid cross-bracing, which will keep the cabinet walls pretty damn inert. The bracing in addition to some light polyfill stuffing and curved walls should keep standing waves to a minimum, further improving the sound of these over the previous generation. The backs of the speaker are graced by good ol' PowerPorts, and metal terminal plates with much nicer binding posts than before. Instead of using metal-tab style jumpers, Polk has supplied a short cable with loop ends that slide over the binding posts and are secured when the binding post is screwed tight.

For those of you who in the tweaking crowd who, this means doing a plate with 3 sets of binding posts for an external crossover will look right at home, but these speakers sound pretty damn sweet as is, to the point where even I'm not considering modding mine when I get them, at least not for a while. Also, since the bass driver has been stepped up to 6.5", there will be more room to fit in a modded board internally so the lower-value ClarityCaps etc. will be easier to maneuver into the cabinet.

On to the good part... how do they sound?
The highs are incredibly crisp and detailed. Polk has successfully bridged the gap between the brightness of RTi/RTiA line and the laid-back sound of the LSi. They have better clarity than my modded LSi25s, and more impact than my JBL Northridge E50s. Today's the third day in a row I've listened to LSiMs, and I have yet to experience a single hint of ear fatigue at higher volumes. The imaging is killer, the soundstage is wide, but the depth hasn't sent me checking my remote to make sure I'm in 2-channel mode like my modded LSi25s did. IMO, it's a little unfair to compare them to modded LSis, because those are so much of an improvement over the regular LSis, but I'm just trying to give a completely honest rewview. Now, I'm still not sure if this set of 703s is broken in or not, or even how much playtime they have, and if they're not, I'm sure that could affect the depth some. Considering the fact that these are pre-production models, I'm going to assume it hasn't had a lot of good break-in time and take that into consideration. I've only played them at softer volumes the past two evenings and haven't had any good "break-in" time since I haven't had the house to myself, but today it's all mine and I'm letting loose. Back to the good stuff, the LSiMs blend extremely well from highs to mids to midbass (and to bass in the case of the 707). The midbass has been a very pleasant and welcoming surprise. The first thump of "Hotel California" on the Eagles' Hell Freezes Over album had me scrambling to check my receiver's settings to make sure I had the subwoofer out switched off, and it indeed was... They relentlessly pound me in the chest with a firm midbass impact, but it wasn't the slightest bit muddy. Even at higher volumes, the sound doesn't deteriorate the slightest bit. My system's future includes an LMS Ultra 5400, and prior to today I was worried that I might have to buy some 705s to get enough midbass impact... hah! No need. The 703 have it. Now in a larger room, the 705 would probably be a better solution, but my HT room is no more than a glorified bedroom. Now if you want the full experience, I'd pair these up with a sub crossed somewhere between 70 to 80. When I coupled these with my PSW1000 crossed at 80, it brought back the recent memory of experiencing the 707s. They play pretty damn deep as-is, and make a great standalone set, but they are without a doubt missing the ultra low gut-punch supplied by the towers, which is to be expected of a bookshelf speaker. A MicroPRO 3k or 4k would be a great match, or any of the higher-powered subs from other manufacturers or past lineups.

To sum it up into one sentence: they're designed well, built strong, have a beautiful finish, and a sound signature to match all of those characteristics.

For reference sake, I put them through their paces with a variety of music including Apollo 13, The Eagles, The Verve, Santana, Richard Cheese, David Allen Coe, the scores from Halo 2, 3, and Reach, Hans Zimmer, John Mayer, Coldplay, Dave Matthews, Enya, Blue Man Group, Prodigy, The Chemical Brothers, The Crystal Method, The Beastie Boys, Lynard Skynard, Joe Satriani, Timbaland, Ludacris, The Fray, Eric Whitacre, and I'm sure there were a few more that I didn't remember to write down. Nonetheless, I want you guys to know I put these through quite a few genres to get as detailed of a picture as possible.

Associated gear for a vast majority of the review: Pioneer Elite SC-37, Monster Cable XP speaker wire, Polk Audio PSW1000, 24" stands, my laptop with the X-Fi soundcard, my iPhone (via USB to the receiver, not via the audio jack), and Crown Royal . I also did some minor listening on my bedroom/computer rig, which consists of my laptop & X-Fi card, HK 3480 and AudioQuest Type 4 speaker cables (the EQ was not used).

I'll post up more pictures if anyone wants. I took a TON of them so there's plenty more angles etc. My computer is being kinda retarded so I decided to stop at four today."

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011 at 01:35 PM by Topper »

Offline Topper

• Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
Re: Polk Audio's new LSiM - First on-hand review
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2011 at 01:28 PM »
Excerpts from the next member who had a chance to demo the new Polk LSiM bookshelf (LSim 703) in their home:

"Jim did a great review on the LSiM 703 and after listening to them for a couple of days here are my thoughts. All of my listening so far has been music as I don't have the matching center channel. I tried to keep this short but failed...

...As expected the LSiM are much different. I find the speakers very engaging and easy to listen to for long periods. They bring me into the music in a way the RTi's don't and I found myself tapping my foot a lot. The highs are open and detailed with an air around them I have never experienced. But this is not at the expense of being too forward. I really thought there would be a loss of detail as I expected the LSiM to be laid back to the point of losing that detail. I think that there is more and better detailed information on the LSiM when compared to the RTi.

I have a big room that is open to the kitchen and the lows were very good with the speakers by themselves. If I had them in a small room I would probably forego a subwoofer. However I had to bring my sub in to add just a little fill at the bottom for me to be completely happy. I thought I would need the 705 or 707 due to the volume of my room but with a sub these bookshelves work great in my room. To me the midrange, high and lows are perfectly balanced and overall the speaker is just smooth from top to bottom.

Here some other random thoughts. I have the same speaker stands Jim was using and since my couch is not, ahem, modified to bring me to the proper level I found myself moving down to get at the right level. Having said that while I did not hear a great difference between the two positions I would purchase proper stands for them. I found the off-axis response to be very good but as expected the sweet spot is better.

I think these speakers help with poorly mastered recordings. I tired an old AC/DC CD I have had literally for decades but don?t use much as the highs are just too piercing. With the LSiM most of the songs that gave me issue are enjoyable again. I even tried the music channels I get from Verizon and was pleasantly surprised as I found myself enjoying music I normally don?t. The real test will come tonight when I put in my wife?s Celine Dion CD to see if I can actually enjoy her music....

...There you go I don't write reviews much but know everyone is eager to hear feedback on these. I am lucky enough to have access to them and for that I am very grateful to Polk and Russ. Now if I could just get the matching center channel for movie testing..."

Offline Topper

• Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
Re: Polk Audio's new LSiM Series
« Reply #14 on: Jun 10, 2011 at 06:27 PM »
LSiM Series:
Serious Sound
For Serious Listeners

When you go from riding a bicycle to driving a car, it's surprising how fast you can travel. When you go from driving a car to piloting a jet, you're surprised all over again at how fast you can travel. You see where we're going with this?

The new LSiM Series of high performance loudspeakers is a complete reimagining of the Polk Audio mission of making superior audio accessible to everyone. Even though these loudspeakers straddle the very sharpest cutting edge today's technologies, and feature custom-designed components and furniture-grade wood enclosures, they remain surprisingly affordable. Ultra-high performance for today's most demanding media is within reach. And there's never been a better time!

Performance Objectives Of The LSiM Series:

The performance objectives for the new LSiM Series predate the original LSi design and are, in fact, design principles Polk Audio first set down during development of its original Monitor loudspeakers. These ideals have been guiding principles for Polk Audio's best high performance loudspeakers:

Sound that virtually transports the listener to the scene of the recorded performance.
- Pleasing tonality, even during extended listening at performance levels.
- Crisp, lifelike impulses, transients and coherent detail without any unnatural ringing or decay.
- Natural reproduction of complex low frequency instruments and special effects.
- Uniform sonic representation within the listening area and immersive spatial impression.
- Reproduce concert/theater levels while maintaining linearity and accuracy.
- Compatibility with a wide array of electronics both past, present and future.
- Work as promised for many years of enjoyment.

LSiM PDF manual:

http://www.polkaudio.com/downloads/manuals/home/LSiM_Manual.pdf

Offline Topper

• Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Nov 13, 2011 at 02:09 PM »
Here's a few more posts on the new LSiM range:

"Ok ,
I think I got enough to tell my thoughts with my gear on what I feel about these new LSIM 703 book shelf speakers.

I don't want to just blurt it out but DAMN!!!!! They are the very best sounding polk anything I have ever heard. They have a very controlled , Detailed clear dynamic sound. Fantastic to say the least. The older Lsi models have no business even being in the same room. I'm sorry to rag on the older LSi's but it's my way of saying polk took a very good idea and a good sounding speaker and completely revamped it for the better in every possible way. I'm so impressed with these speakers.
I usually post a build up to a conclusion but I could not help myself as I'm excited to say what I want to say and better put how I feel"

---

"So enough with all that they have a way of bring you into your music with a strong ability to warm your heart. You feel like a cold winters day with a warm blanket. Snow is falling outside and you have a mug of hot chocolate. I can see any music lover not liking these speakers. I can see any jazz of soft rock people not liking these speakers.

So gear I used was first up was my Pioneer Elite SC-07 which did a nice job of pushing them in pure direct 2 channel mode. I had my Cambridge audio 650BD playing cd's wired in analog and HDMI for finding the best overall sound. I liked the analog sound best for a few reasons.
Next up was my Rotel Intergraded which I felt sound more organic and clean. It had nice power and dynamics with beautiful control over the bottom end which by the way these 703's have a very controlled clean bottom end unlike the older models which are sloppy and boomy compared.

I plan on inviting a few polkies to my store next week maybe Wednesday night for a listen on Bryston , Premiere and Krell. I also have Cambridge audio and NAD laying around so many choices to see how they respond. Honestly I don't need to hear them on any of that gear personally as I'm completely satisfied with the Rotel powering them. They don't seem to be that hard to drive. The SC-07 ran them just fine just not as well as the Rotel did."

---

"Bass you ask? Dude they have awesome low end for a bookshelf speaker and clean accurate not boomy like the Lsi9's do... They really sound natural and clean. I love them."

---

"As usual I always run Loreena McKennitt first. She is my reference to female voice. She moves me and when I listen to her on a pair of speakers and stop judging them and enjoying her , I know I'm listening to speakers I could love.
After her I go into Al Di Meola for some incredible guitar work and a musical ride. He is fantastic and puts much soul into his playing. A good pair of speakers get out of the way of his fast fingers and let you study his attack.
Diana Krall is a beautiful singer and song writer and her CD's and SACD's are amazingly recorded. Easy way to tell sound stage and clarity.
Norah Jones Come away with me on SACD for all the right reasons.
Steely Dan Two against Nature , he's fun to listen to and has the funky jazzy type feel that good speakers can handle.
Sheryl Crow Tuesday Night Music Club. I'm not a huge fan of her but when I hear a song I like of hers , I pick up the cd. Track 11 is "I shall believe" which is one of my favorite songs from her. The LSIM703's Blew me away when I listened , I ended up listening about 6 times in a row as I was in AWE.
Keiko Matsui Walls of Akendora. Exciting up beat Japanese Jazz disc which I found a few years back when I wanted something new. The opening sound explodes out and is super dynamic. Good speakers play it , poor speakers fumble as it's to much to handle. The LSIM's hit a home run and tracked every note. Slightly more on the softer side of things but did a fantastic job nonetheless.
Yes 90125 , one of my older favorites that I like to hear good musicians get to work. Any Yes fan will want to hear this Album before they decide to purchase a given pair of speakers.
Dave Mathews I ran cuts from all of his Albums and really enjoyed how the LSIM's handled is technical style.
Christian Scott Rewind that , killer jazz album that any jazz fan should own. He's amazing and I didn't find the LSIM's to fail in any way running his difficult cuts. "

Mantis

---

"My system now easily surpasses it in resolution, depth and soundstage. It has a "reality" that was missing before. It's especially noticeable with the ambient sounds coming from the surrounds. BTW, Audyssey set my surrounds at 45Hz (side) and 70Hz (back) respectively. The 702's are some pretty hefty surrounds. My friend owns the PSB Synchrony One's and before that had the Revel Salons and in my opinion the 707's are better than the Synchrony One's and hold their own with the Revels. I think they are that good. Of course our rooms and set ups are different and need to be taken into consideration. He has a four wall dedicated HT room that is not acoustically friendly in my opinion. I have my set up in a large room (24 x 28) with a two story open ceiling. In any event, the Polk LSiM's are a system that compete's nicely with the high end audio market. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the LSiM's to anyone looking at PSB, Ariel, Energy, Paradigm, etc. Even Revel for that matter."

Bslep

Listen to the new LSiM range at the Polk Audio room at the November HiFi show at Dust Thani hotel this Nov 19 & 20 !!

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #16 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 02:49 AM »
Magkano LSiM bookshelf?
Walang Setup

Offline Topper

• Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 11:06 AM »
Magkano LSiM bookshelf?

LSiM 703 - Php 69,900 srp

Check it out at the Nov Hifi show this weekend. We highly encourage you to compare it to anything else in its price-range :). (heck'd i'd highly encourage you to compare it to even speakers double its price :))

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 04:47 PM »
Twice the price... that's ~140k. Most BS speakers in that price range are really really good.

If the LSiM does perform to that level, then it'd be a great bargain. I'd see you on Sunday, Manoj. :)

Offline Topper

• Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Nov 15, 2011 at 06:48 PM »
its the Pepsi challenge bud :).

See ya there.

Offline mikeer2002ph

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • What have you done today to make you feel PROUD?
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Nov 17, 2011 at 03:22 PM »

Check it out at the Nov Hifi show this weekend. We highly encourage you to compare it to anything else in its price-range :). (heck'd i'd highly encourage you to compare it to even speakers double its price :))

I'll definitely go, see and hear this for myself. Test CDs are already prepped up.
Gay Stereophile
Kann HugoTT GSXMk2 LCDMX4 Elear EtherFlow MDRZ7
DACMagicPlus CA650A RB1582 LSi9 Aon3

Offline Topper

• Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Nov 17, 2011 at 09:51 PM »
Coolness !! And if you got your music on iPod/iPhone/iPad, no problemo as well! We'll have onhand the new Nuforce iDo to extract the digital files bypassing Apple's crappy built-in DAC :)

Offline mikeer2002ph

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Nov 18, 2011 at 03:38 AM »
Coolness !! And if you got your music on iPod/iPhone/iPad, no problemo as well! We'll have onhand the new Nuforce iDo to extract the digital files bypassing Apple's crappy built-in DAC :)

Manoj,

One of the reasons im still holding on to my iRiver iHP MP3 player - optical line outs, better DAC than apple's and the icing - can be used as an external HDD

see you on saturday!
Gay Stereophile

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #23 on: Nov 18, 2011 at 04:09 PM »

Hmmmm....
I will definitely listen to this pair  :)

Is the M706c will also be in the Hifi show?

Offline Topper

• Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Nov 19, 2011 at 08:44 AM »
sorry the Center and Towers weren't available yet when we were preparing for the show but they will be arriving this December :)

Offline Topper

• Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Nov 19, 2011 at 08:47 AM »
See and hear the new Polk Audio LSiM series bookshelf (LSiM 703) powered by Nuforce gear at the Hifi show today and tomorrow !! Room 425.

We also got a full RTi home theater setup up and running !!

Offline Topper

• Collector
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Nov 20, 2011 at 08:31 AM »
Today's the last chance to check out the new Polk LSiM speakers at the Hifi show :). Bring your CDs and see what they can do :)

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #27 on: Nov 20, 2011 at 09:05 AM »
Thanks for the audition yesterday Topper. Great bookshelf indeed. Thinking of selling my set up because of this  ;D

Offline mikeer2002ph

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Nov 20, 2011 at 07:59 PM »
Today's the last chance to check out the new Polk LSiM speakers at the Hifi show :). Bring your CDs and see what they can do :)

I was already sold on the first CD test, more so when Stagea played his lossless FLAC file over the NuForce DAC and Amp.

Last piece of the puzzle would be its performance with my H/K Stereo Receiver.

Oist Xandric, bring your Rotel in Marc's place na!
Gay Stereophile

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Nov 20, 2011 at 08:36 PM »

They sounded good!  ;D
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60