Author Topic: I think I made a mistake (LED Backlight Bleed)  (Read 3604 times)

Offline ilovehd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I think I made a mistake (LED Backlight Bleed)
« on: May 17, 2011 at 09:42 PM »
Guys I need your help.

I recently purchased a 42" Devant LED Edge Lit LCD TV (43MEL100) and have back light bleeding / flashlight / clouding problems. All FOUR corners have this clouding/flashlight effect problem.

I have had my first unit replaced just to get the same problem with my new unit. I even called a Devant Technician to do a home check up and he said that he cannot fix it. All their units have this back light bleeding problem.

My quick fix was to crank up the brightness (75%) and contrast (75%), turn the backlight to minimum (0-4) and tint to 60%. The images are good and the back light bleeding problem sort off go away. However my PQ suffered a lot when it comes to dark scenes.

I read somewhere that you can fix this if you apply pressure on the said area and massage it till the problem's gone. That failed.

We own a couple of Samsung 40" LCDs and a small Devant LED and they're all great! So much for this 42" :(

Please help.

Thanks in advance. :)

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: I think I made a mistake (LED Backlight Bleed)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011 at 06:58 PM »
Why not return and and replaced for a different item?  Devant did admit their units had defects.

Offline ilovehd

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011 at 08:13 PM »
Hi

I had it replaced and got the same problem with my replacement unit. It was a clone. Devant said that they would replace it with a 40" model but mark my unit with "no defect". They said that their units like mine really do have that problem. Sabi ng technician...naka dikit na yung back light sa LCD.

Haay.

Nasilaw kasi ako sa buy one take one. Got my 42" along with a 24" free. Should have stuck with Samsung.

What a bad purchase.

Do not buy!

Thanks for the reply sir.

Offline tantra2gadget

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011 at 07:53 AM »
2x natsambahan u ang may deffect unit ng Devant,dito nga sa SM Marilao Appliance Center dami din complain at nagbalik ng tv unit ng Devant
Kya try other brand para wala ng sama ng loob...
HT-Sony DAV-DZ340K
LG 32LF20
Samsung DVD-1080r
Playstation 2
Pioneer XV-EV50DVD
LG 42LK450

Offline tantra2gadget

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011 at 07:58 AM »
2x natsambahan u ang may deffect unit ng Devant,dito nga sa SM Marilao Appliance Center dami din complain at nagbalik ng tv unit ng Devant
Kya try other brand para wala ng sama ng loob...
HT-Sony DAV-DZ340K
LG 32LF20
Samsung DVD-1080r
Playstation 2
Pioneer XV-EV50DVD
LG 42LK450