Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2013  (Read 205225 times)

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2012
« Reply #840 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 06:08 PM »
What a game! But I can't help to suspect that Karim might be dirty in this game. Missed free throws, missed point blank shots, turn overs on crucial situations (foot slipped), etc. Madalang lang akong maghinala pero malakas talaga kutob ko.

karim gave his all.. mahirap talaga makashoot vs slaughter...  errors are there but the body language is more of he gave his all..

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #841 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 06:15 PM »
Abdul had to hold his ground against Slaughter on defense tapos he was asked to score pa.. the guy was tired.. he spent so much energy trying to push Slaughter away from the paint.. that affects a player's shooting.. at kung pagod na ang player, yung paa ang unang bibigay.. even Slaughter missed point blank shots earlier and he wasn't as tired as Abdul..

UST lost because no one else showed up besides Fortuna.. Mariano, Teng and Ferrer didn't play as well as they did in Game 1..
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2012 at 06:33 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #842 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 06:16 PM »
Championship experience! What a game.

I'm sure Pido is proud again of his team and never let go in the dying seconds. Sayang fumble talaga lagi sila.
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #843 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 06:17 PM »
I was not hoping that much for UST but very good accomplishment nonetheless, by the way was UST expected from the very start to be in the finals?

Ateneo is composed of seasoned players that play their hearts out every game, this finals is a case of you just feel bad someone has to lose and someone has to win.

great season for the UAAP.

next year mukhang Ateneo pa din though the change in the coaching staff would matter much.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline krets pulpol

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #844 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 06:25 PM »
They will lose a lot in the roster next year, new players different coach and dynamics.

They can but I think it would be difficult
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2012 at 06:25 PM by krets pulpol »

Offline Furry

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #845 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 06:27 PM »
Is it just me or was UST living by the 3pt shots? Daming missed opportunity sa offense and nakakahinayang lang talaga, they could've closed it down further pero dami din silang missed free throw. Hats off to Slaughter on that 6 pt run by him.. pero yun tip-in niya, parang goal tending eh. It was still inside the ring but i'm not sure which rules are being followed by the UAAP.

What a great game though! Okay pa din si Kiefer and mataas ang sportsmanship niya to help out his opponent kung natumba. Congrats to ADMU fans and a great way for Coach Norman Black to end his career with the university.

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
NCAA / UAAP 2012
« Reply #846 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 06:35 PM »
no surprises.it was a great game but ust seems to take too many outside shots.ravena and tiongson again delivered on the clutch.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #847 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 06:38 PM »
Ravena should have gotten the Finals MVP.. Salva may have been great offensively but it was Ravena who orchestrated everything for Ateneo..

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
« Reply #848 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 06:41 PM »
Ravena should have gotten the Finals MVP.. Salva may have been great offensively but it was Ravena who orchestrated everything for Ateneo..

Right. Salva scored 30 in the first game but none in the last 4:30 minutes of the game. This game he didn't also score in the last minutes of the game. It should have been Ravena. But I guess it was given to him since he was graduating. Sentimental favorite.

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #849 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 06:44 PM »
Nico Salva deserves the finals MVP (again).  He carried the team on Game 1.  He had his contributions this game rin naman.

Kiefer will have many more opportunities to come, and I'm anticipating great battles with Bobby Ray Parks.

Buti na lang talaga ok ang laro ni Chua, while Slaughter was sitting out his foul troubles.

Ateneo will be lucky to be in the final 4 next year.  Wala na silang big men, and new coaching staff.  They better enjoy this year's bonfire.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #850 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 06:59 PM »
Agree bro, but some field goals are point blank and the foot slipped? Come on! Lakas talaga hinala ko.

I actually texted a friend, "mukhang byahe si abdul", then the next ball possession, he made a crucial slip turnover.  But yeah, maybe he was just tired guarding slaughter and was asked to score.  And I don't want to take anything away from the Blue Eagles.  That was some great defense and composure towards the end.  Ravena, man oh man, Ravena owns the last dying seconds in both games.  He rules!  Kiefer again knocked a crucial basket down the stretch.   Parang Jordan shot yun.  And ginawa rin nya nung game 1.  What a player.

UST, on the other hand, kept coming back.  Talagang dala ni Pido ang Ginebra spirit.  Yun nga lang, daming missed free throws at medyo poor execution in the end.

Congrats to Ateneo!  Congrats to UST.  Classic finals.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #851 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 07:01 PM »
It goes w/o question that experience prevailed in the end.
Congratz to the Ateneo team.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #852 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 07:02 PM »
Are we seeing the resurrection of UP next year because of MVP?  Abangan!

http://www.rappler.com/sports/13973-mvp-s-next-team-up

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #853 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 07:15 PM »
5peat. I'm afraid the playing field will be leveled next season though. Slim chance of getting a 6peat.

AMDG!

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #854 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 07:35 PM »
Are we seeing the resurrection of UP next year because of MVP?  Abangan!

http://www.rappler.com/sports/13973-mvp-s-next-team-up

I think it would be a few years before they reach they become finals contender. Take a look at NU. 2 years already (or is it 3?) money can't buy chemistry, winning mentality, etc.

Happy that MVP is going to support UP. Hopefully most of the money goes to R&D, and buildings. Our state universities need all the help they can get.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #855 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 07:39 PM »
5peat. I'm afraid the playing field will be leveled next season though. Slim chance of getting a 6peat.

AMDG!

One big five!! It might be a bit tougher next year with a more leveled playing field. We have a couple of serviceable big men and hopefully Ryan will be there next year. As long as Ryan, and Kiefer are there we'll be able to compete.

NU will be more competitive with two fil-ams and a couple of call ups from their players serving residency in team B.

Adamson has an african player who'll suit up also.

Next year will be very interesting!

Offline mickmads

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #856 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 08:24 PM »
Pati DLSU may foreigners na papasok next season...ADMU lang yata yung walang big man na itim next year (baka pati UE)

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #857 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 08:48 PM »
Pati DLSU may foreigners na papasok next season...ADMU lang yata yung walang big man na itim next year (baka pati UE)

The foreigners of DLSU are reportedly very good. 

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #858 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 09:12 PM »

i was supposed to say this too. ravena creates a lot of things for Ateneo while Salva only benefits form situations created for him

in any case, Ravena seems to play better than his father used to in college, mas matangkad lang yata yung tatay, this guy has a very good future sa professional basketball

sayang walang anak si meneses,lastimosa,samboy lim, paul alvarez na nag lalaro ganda sana second generation ng manlilipad
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #859 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 09:39 PM »

UE will have an import or two also. 1 guard and one big man. After they were exclaiming that they are the "all filipino" championship team, they've succumbed to the trend also.

Offline krets pulpol

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #860 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 09:56 PM »
So it's not an All-Filipino Cup in the UAAP also like in the PBA?!  >:D

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #861 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 10:07 PM »
looks like ...Norman Black is going to UP...as MVP is trying rebuild and re-energize it's basketball team ..well rumors lang naman :)....
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2012 at 10:08 PM by edboy7 »

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #862 on: Oct 11, 2012 at 11:09 PM »
For Season 76 (next year) Ateneo won't have:
Slaughter, Salva, Chua, Gonzaga, Sumalinog
Norman Black and  MVP

DLSU will lose:
Mendoza and Webb

UST will lose:
Afuang and Fortuna

FEU will lose:
M. Bringas and Foronda,

NU will lose:
None.
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2012 at 11:09 PM by Verbl Kint »

Offline mickmads

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #863 on: Oct 12, 2012 at 12:49 AM »
looks like ...Norman Black is going to UP...as MVP is trying rebuild and re-energize it's basketball team ..well rumors lang naman :)....

Si Bo Perasol dapat magiging coach ng ADMU pero dahil hatak siya ni MVP doon, mukhang magiging consultant na siya for UP

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #864 on: Oct 12, 2012 at 03:10 AM »
NCAA SEMIFINAL GAMES SATURDAY (Filoil Flying V Arena)

4 p.m.—San Beda vs Perpetual Help (Srs)

6 p.m.—Letran vs San Sebastian (Srs)

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #865 on: Oct 12, 2012 at 07:20 AM »
Sana Lang mabago ni coach pido attitude nya, yung complaining nya nakakababa ng morale ng players nya. Sa basketball lalo na pag may referee dapat tanggap mo na 7kalaban mo sa court.

Positive attitude sana instead of complaining all the time, he should concentrate on the game plan rather on officiating hehe. Sabagay ok pa din na 2nd place considering ateneo na mas professional when it comes to choosing the players.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #866 on: Oct 12, 2012 at 08:08 AM »
Sana Lang mabago ni coach pido attitude nya, yung complaining nya nakakababa ng morale ng players nya. Sa basketball lalo na pag may referee dapat tanggap mo na 7kalaban mo sa court.

Positive attitude sana instead of complaining all the time, he should concentrate on the game plan rather on officiating hehe. Sabagay ok pa din na 2nd place considering ateneo na mas professional when it comes to choosing the players.

That is if Coach Pido stays with UST --- http://www.philstar.com/sportsarticle.aspx?publicationsubcategoryid=200&articleid=858497&keyword=sp_pba

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #867 on: Oct 12, 2012 at 11:59 AM »
One big five!! It might be a bit tougher next year with a more leveled playing field. We have a couple of serviceable big men and hopefully Ryan will be there next year. As long as Ryan, and Kiefer are there we'll be able to compete.

NU will be more competitive with two fil-ams and a couple of call ups from their players serving residency in team B.

Adamson has an african player who'll suit up also.

Next year will be very interesting!

Sayang those Semerads went back to SBC. They could've been good/decent shoo-ins for the team next season. Kelangan talaga ng big man recruit for next season. Puro guards malakas next year. Ravena, Tiongson and Elorde.

Sana tumigil na sa kakaextra rice si Beunafe. His leadership will be needed badly next season.

Interesting Yung DLSU, NU and UST, of course. The Teng brothers will battle it out for top Guard in the league with Parks and Ravena. Let's see what happens sa recruitment next summer. Wala akong updates sa recruitment. :(

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #868 on: Oct 13, 2012 at 11:46 AM »

San Beda faces a very dangerous Perpetual Help, one of the two teams who beat San Beda in the elims.  And Perpetual has an outstanding coach in Aric Del Rosario, the ex-UST coach who gave them a 4-peat.
Go San Beda Fight ;D

Letran vs Stags is also a good matchup.  It's Abueva vs Alas.  I'll go for the Stags though.

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #869 on: Oct 13, 2012 at 05:34 PM »
^ Arriba Letran.. Beat the stags.. Beat them hard.. :)
The Pats way...