Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2013  (Read 203681 times)

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2012
« Reply #900 on: Oct 17, 2012 at 10:19 AM »
Looks like clear foul by Alas on Pascual.
No protest from Baste?
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 427
« Reply #901 on: Oct 17, 2012 at 10:37 AM »
Much have been said about the upcoming superstars in Kiefer RAVENA, Jeron TENG, and Ray PARKS Jr but Letran's Kevin ALAS is a tough nut to crack. If he can win it all for Letran, then he'll finally get the recognition he deserves.
If natuloy si kevin sa la salle 3 years ago, he and kiefer would have been a good match up..
The Pats way...

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 357
« Reply #902 on: Oct 17, 2012 at 10:46 AM »
Looks like clear foul by Alas on Pascual.
No protest from Baste?

A very clear foul on Kevin Alas indeed ...... the refs blew it (no pun intended).

I dont think there was a formal protest from BASTE ...... but NCAA Commish Joe Lipa jumped the gun and immediately conferred with the technical committee and declared that there was no foul.

" ..... Lipa talked to the referees together with referees supervisor Romy Guevarra and technical committee member Bai Cristobal, the officials explained that Pascual had extended one leg to initiate contact with Alas on the play - the reason they decided not to blow their whistles."

IMO, Lipa and company got it wrong ..... Pascual may have intended to extend his leg to initiate the contact - if it was so, the videos clearly show that his motion didn't even make it halfway through. In fact, Kevin Alas' hit was more pronounced, that it sent Pascual going back all the way to the floor (!)

Also, if it was Pascual extending his leg on his three-point shot (many players of old used to do this, Jarencio, Caidic, etc) ...... then the refs should have called it as an offensive foul.

Like I said, the refs blew it by not blowing the whistle ...... sayang for BASTE. 

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #903 on: Oct 17, 2012 at 11:28 AM »
If natuloy si kevin sa la salle 3 years ago, he and kiefer would have been a good match up..

Alas and Jeron Teng could have done wonders for DLSU this year.
Anyway let's wait and see if Kevin can take SJLC to glory land against the very experienced SBC Red Lions.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #904 on: Oct 17, 2012 at 11:39 AM »
Much have been said about the upcoming superstars in Kiefer RAVENA, Jeron TENG, and Ray PARKS Jr but Letran's Kevin ALAS is a tough nut to crack. If he can win it all for Letran, then he'll finally get the recognition he deserves.

Agree.  But with or without a championship, I'd say Kevin Alas is up there with the likes of Ravena, Teng, Parks.  He got game, ika nga.

Already have patron tickets for Game 1 tomorrow. Yehey!!  Go SBC fight!!
« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2012 at 01:16 PM by mattia »

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #905 on: Oct 17, 2012 at 01:19 PM »
He'll eventually be traded to one of the SMC teams so i dont expect Abueva to excel with the Alaska team.

P8.7Million for 3 years is not bad for the Beast ;D  Incidentally, Letran Coach Louie Alas is the assistant coach of Alaska so magkasama na pala sila ni Abueva.

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #906 on: Oct 17, 2012 at 01:28 PM »
para sa akin kailngan pa rin ng alaska ng magaling na coach. trillo is ok but for me he's not a pba head coach material

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #907 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 07:40 PM »
Grabe depensa ng Letran sa 2nd quarter, completely out hassling and shutting down the Lions.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #908 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 11:09 PM »
Lions steal Game 1 62 - 60 against the Knights.
Art de la Cruz saved the day for the Lions with unexpected timely hits.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #909 on: Oct 18, 2012 at 11:54 PM »
Lions steal Game 1 62 - 60 against the Knights.
Art de la Cruz saved the day for the Lions with unexpected timely hits.

Watched this live.  Yes, agree.  We STOLE game 1.  Letran had the better defense and strategy.  SBC can't execute their run and gun offense like we did last year vs San Sebastian.  We don't even have a consistent shooter as we lost Lanete and Hermida this year.  But aside from Art dela Cruz, it was this little guard Koga who played hero today.  Down by 8 in the 3rd, Koga exploded with 6 unanswered points, all layups to rally SBC.  He also made a crucial 3 in the 4th. 

Kevin Alas was great as usual but a passing error in the dying seconds was really a heartbreaker for Letran.  Down by only 2 off two missed shots by Ola, Alas couldn't take a decent shot and passed to the wrong guy. Game over.  Alas was so frustrated that his father coach had to rush oncourt to console him as Kevin was on the verge of crying.  That was a touching scene between Father and son.  I feel for Kevin.  The guy wanted to win so badly. 

So the kontrapelo is still in effect eh?

My first time at MOA Arena.  I like Araneta better.  The seats are smaller and you feel cramped.  But the lighting is splendid and you need a jacket because it's cold!! Glad that game 2 is in Araneta on Saturday ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2012 at 05:41 AM by mattia »

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #910 on: Oct 19, 2012 at 08:49 AM »
Great game.. See u in game 2.. Hope knights could force a rubber match para maganda.. Arriba..
The Pats way...

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #911 on: Oct 19, 2012 at 10:30 AM »
My first time at MOA Arena.  I like Araneta better.  The seats are smaller and you feel cramped.  But the lighting is splendid and you need a jacket because it's cold!! Glad that game 2 is in Araneta on Saturday ;D

I've watched around 3-5 times in MOA for the UAAP games. Acoustically, Araneta is better! The Arena is "shallower" and quite steep if you look at the upper box sections. So if youre gonna watch a basketball game in MOA go for the patron or lowerbox seats. Though i haven't tried the upper a and GA sections of the Arena, i don't think it would be value for your money.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #912 on: Oct 19, 2012 at 11:45 AM »
I've watched around 3-5 times in MOA for the UAAP games. Acoustically, Araneta is better! The Arena is "shallower" and quite steep if you look at the upper box sections. So if youre gonna watch a basketball game in MOA go for the patron or lowerbox seats. Though i
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #913 on: Oct 19, 2012 at 07:23 PM »
Abueva 12 Points, 16 Rebounds on his first ever game as a Pro.  At wala pang alam sa triangle offense yan ha?  And Alaska won.  The Beast is here.  He is for real.   >:D

I like that mean smirk he gave Washington after nautakan nya.  I like that follow up tip in outjumping Dorian Pena.  And I like that "gulang" over Cabagnot sending the poor guy to the floor.  Aba'y nagmukhang rookie sila laban kay the Beast ;D

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #914 on: Oct 20, 2012 at 10:12 PM »
Aribba LETRAN!
Letran wins game 2 against the Lions 64 - 55 forces Game 3.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #915 on: Oct 20, 2012 at 10:56 PM »
Proving that game 1 'almost win' was not a fluke.. Great team effort.. Go Knights..
The Pats way...

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 255
« Reply #916 on: Oct 21, 2012 at 08:23 AM »
Props to the Knights.  I actually thought Beda would close the series yesterday.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #917 on: Oct 21, 2012 at 08:59 AM »
Letran was obviously the hungrier team.
Hope it will be a dream come true for the father coach and sons as they win together for Letran come game 3.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #918 on: Oct 21, 2012 at 10:53 AM »
Proving that game 1 'almost win' was not a fluke.. Great team effort.. Go Knights..

As I said in my previous post, Letran was the more cohesive, fluid team.  They could've been up 2-0 and champs now if not for that great escape by us (yup, I'm a Red Lion) and that turnover by Alas in Game 1.  Obviously, San Beda lacked shooters and a take charge guy.  Yes, they were able to defend well in the 3rd quarter giving only 4 points to Letran but they also couldn't score!!  There was a stretch na sobrang minalas na ang Letran, they kept missing point blank shots and committing turnovers but SBC couldn't capitalize.  San Beda can't rely on Ola alone and his inside game because Letran is a very good defensive team with a very good coach in Alas.  For us to win, we need to hit open jumpers and three point shots.  That's what Letran did in the 4th - score 23 points!! Those three point shots by Belorio and Mark Cruz were killers.  Langya, sa harap pa namin tumira yun Cruz, aray ko napakasakit...

So the kontrapelo has ended.  And so did the 15 game, 5 year losing streak of the Knights versus the Lions.  Their last win was back in 2007.  Law of averages finally caught up with SBC, and what a time to happen. 

One more game.  For pride and honor.  For the 17th NCAA crown, the most ever.  This will be a classic.  Will it be the Knights in Shining Armor?  Or the Lions Roaring again?  Abangan....

Offline atl

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #919 on: Oct 21, 2012 at 11:04 AM »

look at the length of his arms... no wonder at only 6'2" he can out rebound much bigger opponents.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #920 on: Oct 21, 2012 at 10:46 PM »
GAME 3 WILL BE HELD AT THE ARANETA SMART COLISEUM ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2012 @ 1PM.

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #921 on: Oct 21, 2012 at 10:52 PM »
I heard it was moved bro due to derby daw..
The Pats way...

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #922 on: Oct 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM »
GAME 3 WILL BE HELD AT THE ARANETA SMART COLISEUM ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 26, 2012 @ 1PM.

What? That's after 6 days and definitely not in favor of Letran as they may cool off during the long break.
I'm almost certain that the Knights may win it all should the sudden death game be held this coming tuesday.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #924 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 08:08 AM »
tnx tnx, see u in game in 3.. Go Knights..
The Pats way...

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #925 on: Oct 22, 2012 at 08:57 AM »
What's this? Officials charging towards a coach? he should be warned and suspended for his behavior.
http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/video-ncaa-referee-supervisor-charges-at-letran-coach-louie-alas
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #926 on: Oct 23, 2012 at 12:10 PM »
sold out na patron tickets, upperbox na lang. :)

Go Knights..

The Pats way...

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #927 on: Oct 25, 2012 at 07:55 AM »
sold out na patron tickets, upperbox na lang. :)

Go Knights..

WTF?!!^%  Yes Patron and Lower tickets have been sold out.  And both camps are accusing each other of hoarding.  Nasaan ang mga tickets?  Magpakita ka!

-

Isang tulog na lang.  May champion na bukas sa NCAA ;D

--

On another note, Alas submits public apology - http://sports.inquirer.net/67824/alas-submits-written-apology-heat-of-the-moment

Offline the_w0rks

• Trade Count: (+146)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I love the smell of pizza all day,everyday
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #928 on: Oct 25, 2012 at 08:56 AM »
WTF?!!^%  Yes Patron and Lower tickets have been sold out.  And both camps are accusing each other of hoarding.  Nasaan ang mga tickets?  Magpakita ka!

-

Isang tulog na lang.  May champion na bukas sa NCAA ;D

--

On another note, Alas submits public apology - http://sports.inquirer.net/67824/alas-submits-written-apology-heat-of-the-moment

bro nakakuha ka ng good tix? my connections have failed me so far. Even my insiders in ticketnet couldn't give me patron tix as it was allegedly given out to the schools. HOARDED for sure. Only upper b tix were left in the schools (had someone go to both my alma mater and letran). So clearly, may naghoard. kakabwisit. held out from buying upperbox b kasi mukhang langgam na yun. TV na lang ako if kahit upper A di ako makakuha.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #929 on: Oct 25, 2012 at 09:27 AM »
bro nakakuha ka ng good tix? my connections have failed me so far. Even my insiders in ticketnet couldn't give me patron tix as it was allegedly given out to the schools. HOARDED for sure. Only upper b tix were left in the schools (had someone go to both my alma mater and letran). So clearly, may naghoard. kakabwisit. held out from buying upperbox b kasi mukhang langgam na yun. TV na lang ako if kahit upper A di ako makakuha.

Umaasa pa.  Still waiting for my contacts.  Baka naman last minute maglabasan.  Bahala na.  Good luck to you.  San Beda ka pala!!  What's your batch?