Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2013  (Read 203686 times)

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2012
« Reply #870 on: Oct 13, 2012 at 06:08 PM »
Galing ng Perpetual Help ;D.  They almost beat San Beda in this game.  Fortunately, kinapos yun mga three points nila.  San Beda won a hard fought battle, 56-52.  Doon na lang lumamang ang SBC as the Altas were leading 3/4 of the way.  Back in the finals for the Red Lions ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #871 on: Oct 13, 2012 at 06:19 PM »
im just wondering, kung si Aric kaya ang coach ng UST versus Ateneo, iba kaya ang resulta?
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #872 on: Oct 13, 2012 at 09:42 PM »
SEMIS Game Result: SENIORS

Letran def. San Sebastian, 92-74. Rubber match will be on Monday, Oct 15, 5pm at the FILOIL FLYING V ARENA

What a game by Kevin Alas!  43 points with 10 3 pointers.  He was on a Playstation mode.  Madugong laban to sa Monday ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2012 at 07:37 AM by mattia »

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
« Reply #873 on: Oct 13, 2012 at 09:49 PM »
SEMIS Game Result: SENIORS

Letran def. San Sebastian, 92-74. Rubber match will be on Monday, Oct 15, 5pm at the FILOIL FLYING V ARENA

What a game by Kevin Alas!  43 points with 10 3 pointers.  He was on a Playstation mode.  Madugong labang to sa Monday ;)

When the first half ended with Abueva's last shot being blocked, I knew it was going to be a long night for San Sebastian. I didn't bother to watch the second half. :)

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 427
« Reply #874 on: Oct 13, 2012 at 11:15 PM »
What a game by Kevin..  :)
The Pats way...

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #875 on: Oct 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM »
im just wondering, kung si Aric kaya ang coach ng UST versus Ateneo, iba kaya ang resulta?

Hindi natin masabi.  Magaling din naman si Coach Pido lalo mag motivate ng players.  He gave UST one championship so you can't really argue with success. 

I noticed Coach Aric, meron sya assistant coach at yun ang gumagawa ng play pag huddle.  Si Coach Aric nakaupo lang.  Di na nakikialam.  Parang consultant ang dating. 

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #876 on: Oct 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM »
KNIGHTS VS STAGS DO OR DIE MATCH - Parang action movie yun laban mamaya!  Watch it live at AKTV 5pm :)

"Game officials should be on their toes as the match could only be more rugged and intense than Saturday’s tussle where elbows, punches and kicks were thrown.

The Knights were putting the wraps on their huge win when Kristoffer “Junjun” Alas was caught hitting SSC forward Michael Miranda at midsection on a rebound play. Alas was ejected from the game and suspended for today’s rubber.

Arvin Vitug is also suspended for today’s game for an elbow foul (above the shoulder) on Carlo Lituania.

Several other technical infractions were called including one on SSC do-it-all player Calvin Abueva for kicking Jonathan Belorio in the groin."

full article :  http://www.philstar.com/sportsarticle.aspx?publicationsubcategoryid=69&articleid=859717&keyword=sp_pba
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM by mattia »

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #877 on: Oct 15, 2012 at 11:16 AM »
I noticed Coach Aric, meron sya assistant coach at yun ang gumagawa ng play pag huddle.  Si Coach Aric nakaupo lang.  Di na nakikialam.  Parang consultant ang dating. 

i think that's his son, lester del rosario.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #878 on: Oct 15, 2012 at 07:29 PM »
Letran moves on to the Finals. They won 73-70 vs SSC. It was a great game but the referees made bad calls in the crucial moments of the game. Abueva choked on his FTs that would have given them the win. But as an Alaska fan, I'm happy Baste lost. PBA na si Calvin! ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #879 on: Oct 15, 2012 at 08:06 PM »
Letran deserve to be in the finals, they were the hungrier team. Played excellent defense in the dying minutes and maitained composure in the offensive end

Same as last year, Abueva lost this game again for his team, he has not learned his lessons, last year he lost the game for his team as well, took ill advised shots when the game mattered most,

im an Alaska fan but i think the worst they did is pick Abueva over Hodge or Ellis, im not seeing this guy prospering in the pros baka parang si herny fernandez lang or biboy simon ang kakalabasan nito

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #880 on: Oct 15, 2012 at 08:13 PM »
Letran deserve to be in the finals, they were the hungrier team. Played excellent defense in the dying minutes and maitained composure in the offensive end

Same as last year, Abueva lost this game again for his team, he has not learned his lessons, last year he lost the game for his team as well, took ill advised shots when the game mattered most,

im an Alaska fan but i think the worst they did is pick Abueva over Hodge or Ellis, im not seeing this guy prospering in the pros baka parang si herny fernandez lang or biboy simon ang kakalabasan nito
i remember biboy simon when playing with the now defunct mba. basta kita ring tira :-)

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #881 on: Oct 15, 2012 at 08:26 PM »
i remember biboy simon when playing with the now defunct mba. basta kita ring tira :-)

same as henry fernandez sir kaya silang dalawa naisip ko pag pinapanood ko si abueva, he had more than 20 rebounds kanina but one year did not do a lot sa maturity nya sa game, he is the same player as last year

on the other hand, sanggalang may have a very good future sa basketball, moves very well for a big man

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 357
« Reply #882 on: Oct 15, 2012 at 08:27 PM »

Well for a player like Abueva ....... you take the good, with the bad. He can fill-up a stat sheet, make unbelievable plays & lose it for you - all in the same game.

Just like Ron Jacobs said about Asaytono all those years ago ..... "You just ride the bull and see where it takes you."

I had actually preferred ALASKA to pick Hodge over Abueva ..... both have mad hops and great energy - though, Hodge is the lesser risk because of Abueva's gung-ho game.   

That being said, Abueva isn't a bad choice himself ...... he actually has the higher upside than Hodge.

It would have been nice if it was Tim Cone who guides Abueva through his rookie season, rather than the usually inept Trillo ...... for ALASKA's sake, Abueva should pick his spots and concentrate on crashing the boards.

===============================================================

Great game by LETRAN by the way.  ;D

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #883 on: Oct 15, 2012 at 08:43 PM »
The Stags lost definitely not because of Abueva.. they lost because of Pascual.. Abueva carried the Stags against Letran.. Sangalang disappeared in Game 1 tapos Pascual always took ill-advised 3s in Game 2.. si Abueva lang gumawa.. he scored, he created, he got the rebounds and he played defense.. and more importantly, he kept his cool kanina.. si Pascual, di na nga umiiskor, ang lakas pa magreklamo.. Abueva did his part..

Abueva will thrive in the PBA.. he's a hard worker.. hard workers and hustle guys have long careers in the PBA.. and with Alaska's current line-up and coaching staff, he has no room to act out.. those 2 players you mentioned (Simon/Fernandez) are not in the same caliber as Abueva.. those players only know how to score.. as for getting picked ahead of Hodge/Ellis, Abueva has a better all-around game than the other 2.. he's smaller and a potential head case but has more room to grow.. with Hontiveros and Compton on the team, his shooting can improve.. Topex and Louie Alas will know how to handle him.. and with the way Uytengsu has valued professionalism in his team, there's no way Abueva will be allowed any shenanigans..
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2012 at 09:31 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline rukawakaide1721

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #884 on: Oct 15, 2012 at 09:08 PM »
+1 ^ ;D ;D ;D
Happiness is a choice....

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #885 on: Oct 15, 2012 at 10:06 PM »
im willing to be proven wrong sir after all im an Alaska fan too so lets see where abuevas career goes.

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #886 on: Oct 16, 2012 at 12:38 AM »
^ plus 1, Abueva will excel in PBA if properly coached.. He has the talent, guidance na lng or he'll end up playing abroad..Anyway Before the game 2 started, i know abueva will score double double, But i was more concern on baste's dela Cruz and juico, these 2 G/F are smart players buti na lang ng focus masyado ky Kevin.. great game.. Next stop, the mighty beda..
The Pats way...

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #887 on: Oct 16, 2012 at 06:31 AM »
^ plus 1, Abueva will excel in PBA if properly coached.. He has the talent, guidance na lng or he'll end up playing abroad..Anyway Before the game 2 started, i know abueva will score double double, But i was more concern on baste's dela Cruz and juico, these 2 G/F are smart players buti na lang ng focus masyado ky Kevin.. great game.. Next stop, the mighty beda..

Abueva's game suits the PBA.  As a Red Lion, I hate this guy.  As a basketball fan, I love Abueva.  He has that "you-love-or-hate-him" persona only a few players like Jawo carry.  He is a hardworker, having played street basketball in Pampanga all his life before going to college basketball.  As I said, manonood ulit ako ng PBA dahil kay Abueva. I hope he brings back the glory days of the Crispa Toyota era with his brand of play.

---

Congrats to Letran Knights!  http://www.inboundpass.com/2012/10/15/letran-will-face-san-beda-in-the-ncaa-finals/   The winner will break the tie of 16 Championships in the NCAA.  If we go by the kontrapelo analysis ( which is kinda silly i know ), San Beda will win.  Letran hasn't beaten San Beda in the elims.  Baste hasn't beaten Letran in the elims and got swept in the semis.  San Beda hasn't beaten Baste.  Kontrapelo. 

But in the more intelligent analysis, this will be an even fight.  F%^$ kontrapelo.  Letran is on a roll, riding high on Kevin Alas and a whole bunch of hungry troopers plus a very good coach in Louie Alas. Very nice match up against the Red Lions. 

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #888 on: Oct 16, 2012 at 06:47 AM »
Rivalry revived ;D

"The rivalry started on October 28, 1950 when Letran and San Beda meet in the finals for the first time. Letran then was led by Lauro Mumar while San Beda was led by Carlos Loyzaga who eventually became legends of Philippine Basketball. During the second round of eliminations Letran was on the verge of sweeping the tournament to become eventual champions (the Final 4 format was not yet implemented), but San Beda spoiled it and beat them to arrange a championship showdown with the Knights. In the finals Letran got their sweet revenge as they beat San Beda to get their second title in the NCAA. The Letran team was called "Murder Inc." by the late Willie Hernandez because of their merciless brand of basketball, very unforgiving. After that historic match San Beda kept on winning many championships until the 70's while Letran ended the 70's with only six championships. In the 80's the NCAA saw the downfall of the San Beda basketball program while Letran peaked and became a powerhouse team that will continue until the millennium decade."

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #889 on: Oct 16, 2012 at 10:16 AM »
Much like in the UAAP where UST was the clear underdog versus ADMU ....... LETRAN (Dominican yet again) will be the clear underdog versus SAN BEDA (MVP-backed yet again) in these NCAA Finals.

Strange parallels indeed ...... SAN BEDA has the talent and the championship poise to likely offset the heart of LETRAN.

I would have wanted for Abueva & company to get one more crack at the Finals ....... it wasn't meant to be for the Beast. 

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #890 on: Oct 16, 2012 at 03:07 PM »
I like being the underdog, its sweeter when you beat a rival, but beda is totally opposite of baste, they're a discipline team in both ends.. Its gonna be hard but I hope knights win.. Arriba baby..
The Pats way...

Offline blue_123

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • smell the flowers
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #891 on: Oct 16, 2012 at 05:10 PM »
Kailan start ng championship games?  :)  Galing ng Letran

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #892 on: Oct 16, 2012 at 05:27 PM »
Much like in the UAAP where UST was the clear underdog versus ADMU ....... LETRAN (Dominican yet again) will be the clear underdog versus SAN BEDA (MVP-backed yet again) in these NCAA Finals.

Strange parallels indeed ...... SAN BEDA has the talent and the championship poise to likely offset the heart of LETRAN.

I would have wanted for Abueva & company to get one more crack at the Finals ....... it wasn't meant to be for the Beast. 

why do I have the feeling that it will be a difficult thing for Beda this time? Maybe because of the coach of Beda and it seems the guards of Letran are really hard to stop

id Go with Letran in this series

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #893 on: Oct 16, 2012 at 06:08 PM »
im willing to be proven wrong sir after all im an Alaska fan too so lets see where abuevas career goes.

He'll eventually be traded to one of the SMC teams so i dont expect Abueva to excel with the Alaska team.

Btw, when is Game 1 of the NCAA finals?
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2012 at 06:09 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #894 on: Oct 16, 2012 at 06:51 PM »
He'll eventually be traded to one of the SMC teams so i dont expect Abueva to excel with the Alaska team.

as I said in recent post, not for any team actually

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #895 on: Oct 16, 2012 at 08:09 PM »
^ Game 1 is on Thursday 6PM @ MOA Arena.. buti  na lang sa NCAA konti lang students, so makakanuod ako ng live, madali lang tickets, well sana..

Go Knights..
The Pats way...

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #896 on: Oct 16, 2012 at 09:58 PM »
as I said in recent post, not for any team actually

Calvin is a Rudy Hatfield type of a player so if given the proper exposure and tenure to develop for a certain team, he will really be a BEAST.
Problem is, rookies nowadays are being traded too often from teams to teams so they cant develop well.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #897 on: Oct 17, 2012 at 07:50 AM »
why do I have the feeling that it will be a difficult thing for Beda this time? Maybe because of the coach of Beda and it seems the guards of Letran are really hard to stop

id Go with Letran in this series

I said before Letran was the "easier" opponent.  But now I am not sure anymore. 

http://sports.inquirer.net/66558/letran-different-team-now-says-san-beda-team-manager

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #898 on: Oct 17, 2012 at 09:47 AM »
Much have been said about the upcoming superstars in Kiefer RAVENA, Jeron TENG, and Ray PARKS Jr but Letran's Kevin ALAS is a tough nut to crack. If he can win it all for Letran, then he'll finally get the recognition he deserves.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #899 on: Oct 17, 2012 at 09:52 AM »

Possible, though unlikely for now bro ...... ALASKA CEO Steve Uytengsu refrains from doing transactions with SMC teams, except when the trade offer gets them significant returns ..... some of the recent ones: Miller-Baguio, Tenorio-Casio/Hontiveros & Cortez/Bono-Tenorio/Fonacier

When ALASKA does player trades, it's done with the intention of improving the team or complying with the league salary cap (staying under it).

Now if it was a Bert Lina team (BARAKO & AIR21) or Mikee Romero's team (GLOBAL PORT) owning the rights to a player like Calvin Abueva ...... mabilis pa sa alas-kwatro, na-benta este na-trade na yang si Abueva sa SMC.  ;D

========================================================================

Forgot to sound off earlier, on that non-call on LETRAN's Kevin Alas in the dying seconds of their game against BASTE ...... it was very clear that Kevin Alas fouled Ronald Pascual, while Pascual was attempting a three-point shot. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC6rmIYi0eQ&feature=youtu

Sayang. If it was called right, it's likely that BASTE enters the Finals instead of LETRAN ...... still, BASTE had their other chances to win it for them ..... just don't want to see bad calls/non-calls by the refs, deciding the outcome of a game.