Author Topic: The Religion Thread  (Read 357743 times)

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: The Religion Thread
« Reply #2400 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 05:35 PM »
Atheist = A person who doesn't believe in God.

How can an atheist be in heaven (kingdom of God) if he doesn't believe that the said God and His kingdom doesn't exist? Parang illogical di ba?

I think it's okay for an atheist to not go to heaven, if it turned out he's wrong and there's indeed heaven. But I do believe he shouldn't be punished (cast down in hell) for it. That would be unfair.

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7152
« Reply #2401 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 05:39 PM »
me nakarating na ba sa heaven at na confirm na meron nga?
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #2402 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 06:09 PM »
Does Jesus count?

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2403 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 06:36 PM »
I think it's okay for an atheist to not go to heaven, if it turned out he's wrong and there's indeed heaven. But I do believe he shouldn't be punished (cast down in hell) for it. That would be unfair.
You have a point again sir. However, kung hindi sa heaven saan siya pupunta?

I'm not sure kasi if there's such thing as a neutral place.

Alam ko, basically there's also a way for an atheist to be in heaven. I forgot the verse pero AFAIK, the atheist or non-believer will be judged according to his actions.

Ang problem lang dun, no human being is perfect. Meaning each one of us definitely have and always commits a sin at least everyday. So without forgiveness of said sins, paano na?

Actually that is the reason why Jesus was sent to us. To forgive our sins. God (as from the very word itself) is a perfect being. In order for us to be with Him in heaven, we should be sinless. Parang government, kapag may sala, may punishment. Let's exclude Philippines muna. Hehe! Hindi pwedeng walang punishment.

But, since God knows that hindi natin kayang maging sinless, God  sent Jesus to atone for our sins. That's how God loves us. Sa court of law, when you are punished, kulong or death penalty. Now if you have a son who committed a crime, if asked by the court kung payag ka na palit kayo ng anak mo. Ikaw ang kulong ms death sentence, ang anak mo, laya na. Im sure payag ka because of your unconditional love for your son. Same applies with God and Jesus Christ.

Why do we need atonement? Payment for our sins. Meaning we need not suffer the punishment (call it hell or whatever) as long as we believe and trust that Jesus Christ died for our sins because Christ is perfect. Only a perfect Being can offer a perfect sacrifice (Himself) to a perfect God.

Kaya the resurrection is also very important. If Christ did not resurrect, that means He has no power over death, and over our sins. And everything will be in vain.

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2404 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 07:51 PM »
i mean mortals...

Does Jesus count?

how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #2405 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 10:17 PM »

Apostle John said

"These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

ang banal na kasulatan ay isinulat upang malaman natin na merong buhay na walang hanggan - heaven.

Even Jesus said that if we can't trust and doubted the Bible then even if some mortal rose from the dead you cant be persuaded (Lk 16:31).
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2406 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 10:47 PM »
i mean mortals...

Jesus Christ had a mortal body.  ;)

Other than that, none that I know of. Though it should stop us from believing there is.

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2407 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 11:17 PM »
Jesus Christ had a mortal body.  ;)

Other than that, none that I know of. Though it should stop us from believing there is.

and Jesus was born mortals :)

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2409 on: Mar 06, 2017 at 04:15 PM »
,atagal ng me tax ang simbahan sa mga commercial activities nila afaik...

Offline rochie

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2410 on: Mar 06, 2017 at 04:43 PM »
pati yung school na hindi pag-aari ng simbahan dapat busisiin din. langya yung isang Univ dito sa south foundation ang declaration kaya walang binabayarang tax pero ang mahal ng tuition,pati yung hospital ewan ko kung nagbabayad dahil foundation din kuno. pero yung may-ari ang yaman na :D :D :D :D

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2411 on: Mar 06, 2017 at 05:27 PM »
pati yung school na hindi pag-aari ng simbahan dapat busisiin din. langya yung isang Univ dito sa south foundation ang declaration kaya walang binabayarang tax pero ang mahal ng tuition,pati yung hospital ewan ko kung nagbabayad dahil foundation din kuno. pero yung may-ari ang yaman na :D :D :D :D

Anong simbahan sir?

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2412 on: Mar 10, 2017 at 11:07 PM »
13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Hello sir. Ngayon ko lang naisip sagutin. You shoulf first reconcile Pomans 13 with Acts 4:18-21:

18 Then they (Sanhedrin) called them in again and commanded them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. 19 But Peter and John replied, “Which is right in God’s eyes: to listen to you, or to him? You be the judges! 20 As for us, we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.”

21 After further threats they let them go. They could not decide how to punish them, because all the people were praising God for what had happened.

I personally agree with you that we should follow and govern the authorities. However, if you only take the verse as is, you cannot reconcile that with the other parts of the bible. Remember we should take the bible as a whole.

Romans 13 deals with the practice of being righteous kaya sinasabi na we should follow the governing authorities. Hence included in the practice of righteousness is the following of the government. But remember that is not absolute. Kaya nga sa Acts 4 hindi sinunod nila Peter and John yun Sanhedrin when they were ordered not to talk about the gospel. Acts 4 is about the start of the ministry of the apostles in spreading the word hence the obligation to preach the  gospel.

Offline newbie pa rin

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, newbie here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2413 on: Mar 11, 2017 at 01:41 AM »
I was browsing back and encountered a question something like how do you know you are speaking to God. Found this.

For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God:

1 Corinthians 14:2a
Where there is no vision, the people perish

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2414 on: Mar 11, 2017 at 01:54 AM »
I was browsing back and encountered a question something like how do you know you are speaking to God. Found this.

For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God:

1 Corinthians 14:2a

Maganda yan sir. pero masmaganda kung buuin natin so we'll clearly know the instructions:

1 Cor. 14

Intelligibility in Worship
14 Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy. 2 For anyone who speaks in a tongue[a] does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit. 3 But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort. 4 Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church. 5 I would like every one of you to speak in tongues, but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified.

6 Now, brothers and sisters, if I come to you and speak in tongues, what good will I be to you, unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction? 7 Even in the case of lifeless things that make sounds, such as the pipe or harp, how will anyone know what tune is being played unless there is a distinction in the notes? 8 Again, if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle? 9 So it is with you. Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone know what you are saying? You will just be speaking into the air. 10 Undoubtedly there are all sorts of languages in the world, yet none of them is without meaning. 11 If then I do not grasp the meaning of what someone is saying, I am a foreigner to the speaker, and the speaker is a foreigner to me. 12 So it is with you. Since you are eager for gifts of the Spirit, try to excel in those that build up the church.
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2017 at 01:56 AM by Nelson de Leon »

Offline newbie pa rin

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, newbie here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2415 on: Mar 13, 2017 at 08:27 AM »
Speaking in toungues might not benefit others if not interpreted but it definitely has benefits to the one who spoke. And, still speaking in toungues is speaking with God. If speaking with God has no benefits then I rest my case.
Where there is no vision, the people perish

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2416 on: Mar 13, 2017 at 08:31 AM »
why even the devil can recite the bible, who is to know?

if your religion teaches hate, teaches exclusivity, then better look somehwere else...

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2417 on: Mar 13, 2017 at 08:56 AM »

if your religion teaches hate, teaches exclusivity, then better look somehwere else...

The Devil can't recite the Bible? WTF?

Sabagay, he (the Devil) doesn't seem to know what everybody else know. Or does he?  >:D

Offline JT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #2418 on: Mar 13, 2017 at 09:18 AM »

Does the devil knows the scriptures?  In Luke 4:9-12, "And he led Him to Jerusalem and had Him stand on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down from here; 10 for it is written, 'HE WILL COMMAND HIS ANGELS CONCERNING YOU TO GUARD YOU,' 11 and, 'ON their HANDS THEY WILL BEAR YOU UP, SO THAT YOU WILL NOT STRIKE YOUR FOOT AGAINST A STONE.' " 12 And Jesus answered and said to him, "It is said, 'you shall not put the Lord your God to the test.' "

In here, Satan quoted Psalm 91:11-12 and Jesus quoted Deut. 6:16. So what do you think?

Are you even reading the bible? Because if you do you will find Hate and Exclusivity is there also but in God's context.  So where do you recommend to look then?

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2419 on: Mar 13, 2017 at 10:53 AM »

Speaking in toungues might not benefit others if not interpreted but it definitely has benefits to the one who spoke. And, still speaking in toungues is speaking with God. If speaking with God has no benefits then I rest my case.

Wala ata akong sinabi that it does not have benefits sir. Hehe!

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2420 on: Mar 13, 2017 at 10:58 AM »
Does the devil knows the scriptures? 

i believe so....and my basis is not the bible itself but thousands of years of written history....
where men's inhumanity to man is well recorded...

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2421 on: Mar 13, 2017 at 11:06 AM »

First, what is speaking in tongue?

We can talk to God sa language na meron tayo. When we pray to God do we speak in tongue?

Is God cant understand our own language at kailangan pa nating mag speak of tongue para lang kausapin ang Diyos?

Kung ang tinutukoy nating "speak of tongue" ay iyong ginagawa ng mga pentecostal or kung tawagin natin ay mga "born again" what i believe is that is not the "speaking intpngue" mentioned in the Bible.

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #2422 on: Mar 15, 2017 at 07:46 AM »
ito yata yun mga baby talk ng mga religious leader pagkausap nila dyos bro
ninjababez online ..

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2423 on: Mar 15, 2017 at 07:56 AM »
oh you see them everywhere, they hold the bible in one hand
and tries to dip their other hand into your pockets....
you see them in front of public markets,
they ride jeepneys and busses....

Does the devil knows the scriptures?  In Luke 4:9-12, "And he led Him to Jerusalem and had Him stand on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, "If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down from here; 10 for it is written, 'HE WILL COMMAND HIS ANGELS CONCERNING YOU TO GUARD YOU,' 11 and, 'ON their HANDS THEY WILL BEAR YOU UP, SO THAT YOU WILL NOT STRIKE YOUR FOOT AGAINST A STONE.' " 12 And Jesus answered and said to him, "It is said, 'you shall not put the Lord your God to the test.' "

In here, Satan quoted Psalm 91:11-12 and Jesus quoted Deut. 6:16. So what do you think?

Are you even reading the bible? Because if you do you will find Hate and Exclusivity is there also but in God's context.  So where do you recommend to look then?

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2424 on: Mar 15, 2017 at 08:26 AM »
ito yata yun mga baby talk ng mga religious leader pagkausap nila dyos bro

tapos biglang matutumba nangingisay sa sahig habang nag baby talk at walang ibang nakakaintindi I bet kahit siya hindi niya maintindihan kung ano lumalabas sa bibig niya more like blubbering to me :( :( :(

why? I mean... hindi ba tayo maiintindihan ng Diyos kapag kinakausap natin siya gamit sarili nating wika. Kahit nga hindi tayo magsalita nababasa at naiintindihan ng Diyos ang ating isipan. Holy Spirit lives within us and God understand our every thoughts, beat of our hearts, our feelings.

We talked to God when we pray anytime anywhere... We can talk to God while we're walking, while driving (just don't close  your eyes :) ), kahit kalian kahit saan we talked to God through prayers and God talked to us sa pamamagitan ng Salita ng Diyos (Bible), our Pastor/Minister/Priest using the Bible.

Kung babasahin natin ang Bibliya ganito dapat ang speaking of tongue - Magsasalita ako in my own language pero ikaw maiintindihan mo ako in your own language. This is very useful sana ngayon kasi ang mga missionary in a foreign land hindi na kailangan mag-aral ng foreign language to reach out souls for Christ. Kaya lang kasi if we will speak in tongue it must be in accordance to the Bible

1. Real and Intelligible language 1 Cor. 14:10
2. Purpose must be communicating God's word with person of another language Acts 2:6-12
3. There must be two at most three person and speaking one at a time and an interpreter is needed or else be quiet in church and talk to himself and God 1 Cor. 27-28
4. Must be in accordance 1 Cor. 14:33 "God is not the author of confusion.."

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2425 on: Mar 15, 2017 at 08:32 AM »
tapos biglang matutumba nangingisay sa sahig habang nag baby talk at walang ibang nakakaintindi I bet kahit siya hindi niya maintindihan kung ano lumalabas sa bibig niya more like blubbering to me :( :( :(

why? I mean... hindi ba tayo maiintindihan ng Diyos kapag kinakausap natin siya gamit sarili nating wika. Kahit nga hindi tayo magsalita nababasa at naiintindihan ng Diyos ang ating isipan. Holy Spirit lives within us and God understand our every thoughts, beat of our hearts, our feelings.
not sure bro, pero afaik know pag nag baby talk ka, mas malaki chance ibigay sayo ang gusto mo.  effective ito pag naglalambing ka sa gf, ewan ko lang kay god ;D ;D
ninjababez online ..

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2426 on: Mar 15, 2017 at 09:50 AM »
oh you see them everywhere, they hold the bible in one hand
and tries to dip their other hand into your pockets....
you see them in front of public markets,
they ride jeepneys and busses....

If there are false ones, there must be true, right?   So you hate politicians and lawyers more because they steal more from the people.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2427 on: Mar 15, 2017 at 10:03 AM »

We can talk to God sa language na meron tayo. When we pray to God do we speak in tongue?

Is God cant understand our own language at kailangan pa nating mag speak of tongue para lang kausapin ang Diyos?

Kung ang tinutukoy nating "speak of tongue" ay iyong ginagawa ng mga pentecostal or kung tawagin natin ay mga "born again" what i believe is that is not the "speaking intpngue" mentioned in the Bible.

Its a gift of the Holy Spirit and there are diversities of tongues.  And yes, there are those who are faking it, not just the Pentecostals.  Again, there fake because there are genuine ones.

Its main purpose is to edify oneself and for praying when you don't know what to pray for.

For example in edifying, there are times I'm down or discouraged and having difficulty praying in my language or cant focus reading the bible. Praying in the tongues (in the spirit) help me to get in tune and even remove my burden.

For example in praying, there was one incident when I suddenly woke up around 4am and I have this heaviness in my heart. I know God is asking me to intercede and pray but what to pray for? So I prayed in tongues until I got peace in my heart and able to go back to sleep,  That morning I found out a brethren of mine had an accident after the time I had prayed. She had fallen asleep while driving and hit an electric box. She should have died as the car got torn apart and would have been electrocuted but she miraculously survive with no major bruise.

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2428 on: Mar 15, 2017 at 12:59 PM »
There is no doubt if you have the gift as long as it is in accordance to the Word of God.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2429 on: Mar 16, 2017 at 12:57 AM »
Its a gift of the Holy Spirit and there are diversities of tongues.  And yes, there are those who are faking it, not just the Pentecostals.  Again, there fake because there are genuine ones.

Its main purpose is to edify oneself and for praying when you don't know what to pray for.

For example in edifying, there are times I'm down or discouraged and having difficulty praying in my language or cant focus reading the bible. Praying in the tongues (in the spirit) help me to get in tune and even remove my burden.

For example in praying, there was one incident when I suddenly woke up around 4am and I have this heaviness in my heart. I know God is asking me to intercede and pray but what to pray for? So I prayed in tongues until I got peace in my heart and able to go back to sleep,  That morning I found out a brethren of mine had an accident after the time I had prayed. She had fallen asleep while driving and hit an electric box. She should have died as the car got torn apart and would have been electrocuted but she miraculously survive with no major bruise.

anong auto bro?
ninjababez online ..