Author Topic: The Religion Thread  (Read 359266 times)

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: The Religion Thread
« Reply #2580 on: May 06, 2017 at 03:45 PM »
6,000 years (or 5,964 years to be exact) is not the age of the earth.  it's the age of mankind starting from creation of Adam to present.
the actual age of the earth is around 4.567 billion years.  the bible supports this with some sort of calculation.

Interesting. Would love to see the calculations as well. Does this mean though, you believe in prehistoric earth, eg, dinosaurs?

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7165
« Reply #2581 on: May 07, 2017 at 10:24 AM »
the bible is 2000+ years old......the earth 6.4 billion and science proved it.....

but really? what does it profit a man if he gains the world but suffer the  loss of his soul?

to me your soul is the memory you leave behind when you die, it is how people remember you while you lived, your soul can be good like Rizal, or bad like marcos the dictator....
when people do not remember you anymore, then you have lost your soul....
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline majoe

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2582 on: May 09, 2017 at 01:14 PM »
See this statement "Then we wrapped the flat map around a ball. MY PART WAS INTEGRATING THE SURFACE, CLOUDS, AND OCEANS TO MATCH PEOPLE's  EXPECTATIONS OF HOW EARTH LOOKS FROM SPACE. That ball became the famous Blue Marble. "

Again, its not the stitching that I am concerned with.  It is the fabrication to make the picture conforms to the expectation of the people. Its the tampering I am concern with. Who knows what else has been changed.  Regardless,  it is no longer the truth as integrity is compromised.  It means the original picture does match the texbooks taught to us in school, and even in universities or science websites.

I understand the limitation of satellites cam orbiting at inner space (low earth orbit). How about those in outer space?  Check their videos and pictures, and there are anomalies as well.  For other posts here that is related, lets analyze them in Science thread.

i don't see any problem when he said that. his basis there is the well accepted fact that the earth is round and the photographs taken by apollo 17.  i believe they just do their job and did it in good faith.  if there are really conspiracies, i don't think they can keep the secret this long as there are too many people involved in it.   

But probably the main reason why I am highlighting this now (as this is a religious thread) is because we need this kind of critical thinking when trying to understand the bible. Every Word must be considered to understand the full truth otherwise we can be deceived. 

Be like the Bereans in Acts 17:10-11 "10 Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so."

For example. Someone  will say the bible said  "Spare the rod, spoil the child".   Sounds good but can you even find the exact verse in the bible?  No, actually its a modern proverb made up to sound like it is biblical. 

The closest verse is in Proverbs 13:24 "He who spares his rod hates his son, But he who loves him disciplines him promptly. " which give a totally different view (just like the BLUE MARBLE).

so, are there any passages in the scriptures that made you doubt that the earth is round?

Offline majoe

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2583 on: May 09, 2017 at 01:15 PM »
Interesting. Would love to see the calculations as well. Does this mean though, you believe in prehistoric earth, eg, dinosaurs?

yes, i believe in pre historic earth as described in science books. i believe that dinosaurs lived around 65-250 million years ago, so it is impossible that they co-existed with humans.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2584 on: May 09, 2017 at 02:37 PM »
Thank you, majoe.

Another question, if you don't mind. What's your take on Adam and Eve?

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #2585 on: Jul 14, 2017 at 01:30 PM »
Children raised without religion are more kind and empathetic.

I'm not surprised. A lot of people here JESUS IS LORD kuno, pero hindi sila empathetic.

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #2586 on: Jul 15, 2017 at 11:55 PM »

I'm not surprised. A lot of people here JESUS IS LORD kuno, pero hindi sila empathetic.
baka naman dahil sa nakausap nila.  may limit ang pasensya ng tao.
ninjababez online ..

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #2587 on: Aug 01, 2017 at 11:49 AM »
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2588 on: Jan 11, 2018 at 01:14 PM »
^Somewhat related, if Cain (someone tell me who his wife was) could be naughty, why can't he? ;D

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2589 on: Jan 11, 2018 at 04:27 PM »
priest are people too, subject to the weakness of the flesh...
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2018 at 11:25 AM by tony »
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #2590 on: Jan 11, 2018 at 04:52 PM »
that I get, but young ones? tsk tsk

older cases too involve towards young boys.
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2591 on: Jan 11, 2018 at 05:04 PM »
does it matter the age? it is still a crime, i will not be the one to judge, it is between him and his God and the law...

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 305
« Reply #2592 on: Jan 11, 2018 at 05:15 PM »
does it matter the age? it is still a crime, i will not be the one to judge, it is between him and his God and the law...

+1

Online dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #2593 on: Jan 12, 2018 at 11:02 AM »
priest are people to, subject to the weakness of the flesh...

Bakit ba laging ganito palusot natin... "Tao lang ako kahit na pari ako."

My goodness... Pari ka kaya expected sa iyo mamuhay nang mas mataas ang standard kesa sa common people.

Aba eh wala nang dapat nagpapari o nagpapastor kung ang expectation naman natin sa kanila eh madaling magkasala kasi tao lang.

Parang pulis lang yan... Pumatay ng addict inosente galit na galit tayo may narinig ba akong nagsabi na tao lang yang mga pulis nagkakasala pero kapag pari pambihira mabilis pa sa alas kwarto matic ang sagot "tao lang kasi"

Maiintindihan ko kung normal lang na tao pero hindi eh... Mga pari sila... Mga pastor sila...

Dapat sa mga pari o pastor na nagkasala ng child sexual abuse o pedopilea dapat death sentence sa kanila di na dapat binibigyan ng second chance na tumayo ulit sa likod ng altar.
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2594 on: Jan 12, 2018 at 11:27 AM »
^dahil sa tayo ay mga tao lamang...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8EzsrtL1T0

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #2595 on: Jan 12, 2018 at 12:44 PM »

May isang nagsulat ng ganito naging katotohanan na??? Malay natin iyung nagsulat mismo nagtatago sa kanyang mga pagkakasala - siya pala ay kunyaring mabait sa harap ng tao pero ang katotohanan ay hindi.

Mahirap magsalita tungkol sa ganito. Mabuti pang tumahimik na lang at gumawa ng kabutihan.
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2018 at 01:04 PM by rascal101 »

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2596 on: Jan 12, 2018 at 01:07 PM »
Eh kung ganito rin lang lahat ng mga nagmamagaling dapat ibitay din. Sama mo na iyung mga hindi naniniwala sa diyos kasi pag aari daw nila ang mundo.

Bakit ba laging ganito palusot natin... "Tao lang ako kahit na pari ako."

My goodness... Pari ka kaya expected sa iyo mamuhay nang mas mataas ang standard kesa sa common people.

Aba eh wala nang dapat nagpapari o nagpapastor kung ang expectation naman natin sa kanila eh madaling magkasala kasi tao lang.

Parang pulis lang yan... Pumatay ng addict inosente galit na galit tayo may narinig ba akong nagsabi na tao lang yang mga pulis nagkakasala pero kapag pari pambihira mabilis pa sa alas kwarto matic ang sagot "tao lang kasi"

Maiintindihan ko kung normal lang na tao pero hindi eh... Mga pari sila... Mga pastor sila...

Dapat sa mga pari o pastor na nagkasala ng child sexual abuse o pedopilea dapat death sentence sa kanila di na dapat binibigyan ng second chance na tumayo ulit sa likod ng altar.

Online dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #2597 on: Jan 12, 2018 at 01:29 PM »
May isang nagsulat ng ganito naging katotohanan na??? Malay natin iyung nagsulat mismo nagtatago sa kanyang mga pagkakasala - siya pala ay kunyaring mabait sa harap ng tao pero ang katotohanan ay hindi.

Mahirap magsalita tungkol sa ganito. Mabuti pang tumahimik na lang at gumawa ng kabutihan.

Tama. Mga tinaguriang alagad ng Diyos ang mga pari/pastor/etc pero sila ang number one sa paggawa ng nakakakilabot na kasalanan ng mundo. Akalain mong menor edad na bata ipapasok mo sa motel. Mauunawaan ko pa kung isang simpleng tao ang gumawa nyan pero hindi eh... King sino pa ang tinaguriang pari o pastor siya pa ang gagawa ng karumal dumal na kasalanan.
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2598 on: Jan 12, 2018 at 03:39 PM »
Kaya sa mga nag aasam ng kagalang galang na posisyon sa lipunan o nandun na, hindi katanggap tanggap ang mga paglabag sa 10 utos ng ating Panginoon.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #2599 on: Jan 12, 2018 at 04:05 PM »
Kaya sa mga nag aasam ng kagalang galang na posisyon sa lipunan o nandun na, hindi katanggap tanggap ang mga paglabag sa 10 utos ng ating Panginoon.

Wala pa naman akong kilala na na-meet personally na hindi nagkamali or nagkasala based sa 10 commandments.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2600 on: Jan 12, 2018 at 04:08 PM »
Sabagay totoo iyan. Kaya sa lipunan natin wala talagang mga kagalang galang ... hehehe ... mukhang kagalang galang meron pa :)

Wala pa naman akong kilala na na-meet personally na hindi nagkamali or nagkasala based sa 10 commandments.

Offline tigkal

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #2601 on: Jan 12, 2018 at 04:08 PM »

Atheist are more peace loving than religious persons. They tend to more open minded. If you look at mankind's history, wars are waged in the name of religion. So I guess there will come a time that people will be fed up with religion and agree to ban all religion to stop the wars.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2602 on: Jan 12, 2018 at 04:11 PM »
Maybe not to stop wars per se, but more and more people will demand proof.

Offline tigkal

• Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
« Reply #2603 on: Jan 12, 2018 at 04:17 PM »
Proof of What? Proof of God? This is just a figment of my imagination but may come or may not come true. What if mankind comes in contact with higher intelligence and will explain in detail with matching demonstration on what is written in the bible. Parting of the red sea, no problem, river turns to red? death of first born? all with demonstration. Virgin birth? again with explanation and demonstration. Would your beliefs change? Or would you still stick to your beliefs no matter what?

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #2604 on: Jan 12, 2018 at 04:21 PM »

Proof of What? Proof of God? This is just a figment of my imagination but may come or may not come true. What if mankind comes in contact with higher intelligence and will explain in detail with matching demonstration on what is written in the bible. Parting of the red sea, no problem, river turns to red? death of first born? all with demonstration. Virgin birth? again with explanation and demonstration. Would your beliefs change? Or would you still stick to your beliefs no matter what?

Same "what if" would also hold true for those who do not believe. Let me rephrase your statement:

What if mankind comes in contact with a DEITY and will explain in detail with matching demonstration on what is written in the bible. Parting of the red sea, no problem, river turns to red? death of first born? all with demonstration. Virgin birth? again with explanation and demonstration. Would your beliefs change? Or would you still stick to your beliefs no matter what?

Would you?

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2605 on: Jan 12, 2018 at 04:27 PM »

You're barking at the wrong tree. I actually agree that religions as we know will die but not for reasons like ending wars. End of wars, religion caused, will be the effect rather than cause.

Offline rascal101

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2606 on: Jan 12, 2018 at 04:43 PM »
The one problem with human beings is that when they are let loose they seem to think everything is possible. Religion sets what is possible and what is not. Human beings need to be governed not let loose or else there will be chaos.

You're barking at the wrong tree. I actually agree that religions as we know will die but not for reasons like ending wars. End of wars, religion caused, will be the effect rather than cause.

Offline tigkal

• Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
« Reply #2607 on: Jan 12, 2018 at 05:05 PM »

Same "what if" would also hold true for those who do not believe. Let me rephrase your statement:

What if mankind comes in contact with a DEITY and will explain in detail with matching demonstration on what is written in the bible. Parting of the red sea, no problem, river turns to red? death of first born? all with demonstration. Virgin birth? again with explanation and demonstration. Would your beliefs change? Or would you still stick to your beliefs no matter what?

Would you?

What I mean is it will be explained scientifically. If we are talking of Deity, it means no need to explain, just believe, just as what religion is now. It is faith that drives it, not logic or science. And if Deity, it means no one made them. But if higher intelligence, maybe someone also made them just like we were made. Anyway these are just wild ideas but good point to ponder where to stand when and if it will happen.

Offline tigkal

• Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
« Reply #2608 on: Jan 12, 2018 at 05:07 PM »
The one problem with human beings is that when they are let loose they seem to think everything is possible. Religion sets what is possible and what is not. Human beings need to be governed not let loose or else there will be chaos.

But what is not possible before is possible now. Maybe there is no limit to what is possible. If it can be imagined, it can be possible. Because all that happens in our world begins with a single thought.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2609 on: Jan 12, 2018 at 05:27 PM »
Religion evolves with society. Because it is man made. So whatever it sets as possible evolves as well.
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2018 at 05:28 PM by bumblebee »