Author Topic: The Religion Thread  (Read 359549 times)

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
Re: The Religion Thread
« Reply #2370 on: Dec 08, 2016 at 10:58 AM »
13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Will you subject yourself to the governing authorities if it dictates you not to worship God?

Will you obey the government if it forbid you to speak the name of God?

Follow the governing authority if it only follows God's authority.

Ex. Daniel

I will rather obey God rathen than to obey men/law of thid land.

As soon as the law of the land contradicts God's command, we are to disobey the law of the land and obey God's law.
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline pTrader

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2371 on: Dec 08, 2016 at 02:16 PM »
Will you subject yourself to the governing authorities if it dictates you not to worship God?

Will you obey the government if it forbid you to speak the name of God?

Follow the governing authority if it only follows God's authority.

Ex. Daniel

I will rather obey God rathen than to obey men/law of thid land.

As soon as the law of the land contradicts God's command, we are to disobey the law of the land and obey God's law.

read pa more on Romans 13

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #2372 on: Dec 08, 2016 at 07:12 PM »
Cherry picking the Bible is not a good study habit. The verses should not clash with each other. If it does, then probably there's something wrong with the interpretation.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2373 on: Dec 09, 2016 at 02:33 AM »
Cherry picking the Bible is not a good study habit. The verses should not clash with each other. If it does, then probably there's something wrong with the interpretation.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Evil leaders (even pastors/priest/church leaders) usually use that verse (particularly Rom 13) to control their members for their own personal agenda. - "Kapag hindi kayo sumunod sa akin bilang isang pinuno, nagkakasala kayo sa mata ng Diyos kaya gawin niyo anuman ang ipapagawa ko at tumahimik na lang kayo." :( :( :(

We need to "subject" ourselves to governing authorities/laws here on earth but we must only "follow" God's law.

I cant follow any leader if their policies and ideals/plans are against the Word of God and if by doing so I am bound to be jailed (or even killed) by not following that leader then I will subject myself sa kung anuman ang katumbas na kaparusahan ayon sa batas ng tao.

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2374 on: Feb 17, 2017 at 05:02 PM »
Using your line of reasoning, since Jesus was condemned by the majority of the Jews, that means he was wrong, and the majority of the Israelites must be right. 

Parang line of reasoning lang ni Manny Pac-U.  :(

Also, using Sir Jerix line of reasoning, since Christianity have the biggest number of beleivers all other religion is wrong.

The Bible is the main source of Christianitys faith, therefore it is right since majority thinks it is right all other books or faith is wrong.

And by year 2070, Islam faith will take over Christianity, then Islam will be right then.

Tsk bad trip :) :) :)

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2375 on: Feb 17, 2017 at 05:06 PM »
Which god? So you saying that god you are referring to is the right god and everybody else's is wrong?

Following Jerix reasoning - God of Christianity since as of today they have the biggest number/population. Maybe not comes year 2070 :( :(

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2376 on: Feb 17, 2017 at 05:18 PM »
But if you combined all those who didnt beleive in Christianity then it becomes wrong since more or less 5Billion thinks Christianity is wrong...

Ahhhh atheist ....tsk... They are all wrong all this time... Kakaunti lang kayo...

You are correct with your belief! Nobody questions your stand on matters but don't be too conceited to judge others and impose upon them that your belief is the correct way and the belief of others is wrong because ultimately, the measure is always in the numbers.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #2377 on: Feb 18, 2017 at 12:16 AM »

Ahhhh atheist ....tsk... They are all wrong all this time... Kakaunti lang kayo...

But they're rising.

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #2378 on: Feb 18, 2017 at 01:48 AM »
Madagdag daw ng isa o dalawa "rising" pa rin ...

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7169
« Reply #2379 on: Feb 19, 2017 at 08:37 AM »
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2017 at 08:38 AM by tony »
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2381 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 07:27 AM »
best to be a good person in general.....

after all did not Jesus asked his disciples to love one another?
to me this is the strongest message of them all....
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2017 at 08:26 AM by tony »
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline JT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #2382 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 08:17 AM »
http://www.interaksyon.com/article/137270/pope-suggests-better-to-be-atheist-than-hypocritical-catholic

Hmmm, I find this a stupid quote considering coming from someone who suppose to know the bible. Atheist and hypocrital christian(not just catholic) are no better than the other. Bible says both will be condemned.

best to be a good person in general.....

after all did not Jesus asked his disciples to love one another?
to me this is the message of the of it all....

What do you mean by "to be a good person in general"? You mean if good works outnumber your bad ones? Does a generally good person automatically earns him/her salvation?

If so what is your understanding on Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that NOT OF YOURSELVES; it is the gift of God, NOT OF WORKS, lest anyone should boast."?

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2383 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 08:28 AM »
What do you mean by "to be a good person in general"? You mean if good works outnumber your bad ones? Does a generally good person automatically earns him/her salvation?

i mean just be good and love your neighbor, period.....did i mention salvation? ikaw lang yon...

do not give me your bible crap, it does not work for me the way you present it....

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2384 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 08:37 AM »
i mean just be good and love your neighbor, period.....did i mention salvation? ikaw lang yon...

do not give me your bible crap, it does not work for me the way you present it....

I'm not trying to make it work on you.  You have already decided your faith (and your fate).

I'm concern about other people reading the post here. They need to know what the bible has to say about it. And they decide what they want to believe.

We have accountability in what we say in this topic as you can make other people stumble.  Mark 9:42  says “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea."

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2385 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 08:39 AM »
my God does not threaten, nor teaches hate for another.....my God is all about love....

what if one day Jesus came back and tells you, what bible? i never said those words? what then?
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2017 at 08:41 AM by tony »

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2386 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 08:42 AM »
my God does not threaten, hor hate another.....my God is all about love....

Obviously you follow a different god.  Not the God as what the bible reveals.     

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2387 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 08:44 AM »
what if one day Jesus came back and tells you, what bible? i never said those words? what then?

"What if"??? Nah, I'm am sure about the bible as the Word of God.  If you will only take time to study it, understand it, meditate on it, and experience God's power thru it.  You will know also and not doubt.

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2388 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 08:44 AM »
Obviously you follow a different god.  Not the God as what the bible reveals.     

how can you even say that?

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2389 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 08:46 AM »
"What if"??? Nah, I'm am sure about the bible as the Word of God.  If you will only take time to study it, understand it, meditate on it, and experience God's power thru it.  You will know also and not doubt.

i have read it but not memorized it.....i am after the meat of the bible,
not the words on it that men wrote a good 80 years after Christ and
meddled on by the powers that be at the time...

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2390 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 08:46 AM »
how can you even say that?

Could you find a verse that supports you claims altogether? You are only looking at one side of God's nature and character.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2391 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 08:47 AM »

You don't have to memorize all of it . You need to understand its principles. Thats why you meditate on it to get revelations from the Word.

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2392 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 08:48 AM »
typical response.....

Could you find a verse that supports you claims altogether? You are only looking at one side of God's nature and character.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2393 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 08:51 AM »
typical response.....

How can you really make your claims about God if you don't even understand the bible? your basis is your own, and you want to convince people on that??? You want people to put their faith in what you say?

These things I write are not on my own. It is in the bible.

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2394 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 08:57 AM »
even a learned in the bible can be mislead.....
how can you know what i know? i never pretend to know what you know.....you are typical of a bible reader....
do you know what is in my heart of hearts?
i am not here to make you believe nor any other....

How can you really make your claims about God if you don't even understand the bible? your basis is your own, and you want to convince people on that??? You want people to put their faith in what you say?

These things I write are not on my own. It is in the bible.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2395 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 09:08 AM »
even a learned in the bible can be mislead.....

how can you know what i know? i never pretend to know what you know.....you are typical of a bible reader....
do you know what is in my heart of hearts?

i am not here to make you believe nor any other....

I agree. No one knows everything.  The bible says "for we know in part and we prophecy in part" .

But what you are saying is obviously wrong according to the Bible (not by my word).  Its does'nt take a genius to understand it. No need to discern the heart.

I'm not saying you are a bad person. But bible is clear that being a good person does not earn your way to heaven nor even make you a better person than the others  (whether atheist,  murderers, etc.). Because without making Jesus Christ as our Lord (to rule over us in everything), we all have fallen short to God's standard.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2396 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 09:16 AM »

I am always amused by the way you answer questions master Tony.  ;) But since you said na:

i am after the meat of the bible,

in your words:

What then?  :)

Note: Never meant to ask you in a disrespectful way. Just curious lang din ako for your answer.

Online bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2397 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 09:26 AM »

Atheist and hypocrital christian(not just catholic) are no better than the other. Bible says both will be condemned.

Bad Bible, bad.

Offline tony

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2398 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 11:18 AM »
I am always amused by the way you answer questions master Tony.  ;) But since you said na:

in your words:

What then?  :)

Note: Never meant to ask you in a disrespectful way. Just curious lang din ako for your answer.

i have no answer but this....

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2399 on: Feb 24, 2017 at 05:17 PM »
Atheist and hypocrital christian(not just catholic) are no better than the other. Bible says both will be condemned.

Bad Bible, bad.

At first glance I have to agree with you. However, let us try to identify each.

Atheist = A person who doesn't believe in God.

How can an atheist be in heaven (kingdom of God) if he doesn't believe that the said God and His kingdom doesn't exist? Parang illogical di ba?

hypocrital christian = medjo vague sa aking ng unti ang desciption pero let's try the dictionary:

adjective
of the nature of hypocrisy, or pretense of having virtues, beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually possess:
The parent who has a “do what I say and not what I do” attitude can appear hypocritical to a child.
possessing the characteristics of hypocrisy :

Being a hypocrite in his current status I think will not go to heaven. Maniniwala ba naman ba tayo na may hypocrite sa heaven? I am assuming wala.

However, being a hypocrite or atheist, there is still a way or can go to heaven. So kung baga, may pag-asa. Hehe! Have I xplained it clearly ba? Medjo i'm not good at expressing myself minsan thru typing.