Author Topic: The Religion Thread  (Read 359281 times)

Offline JT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: The Religion Thread
« Reply #2490 on: May 01, 2017 at 07:43 AM »
Or it can be satan.

If the message or voice is from God, you can cross reference it with the bible.  If it contradicts from what the bible says, then it's from somebody else.

The scripture was written so that man will know the true nature and character of God as well as His Words. Bible is complete and perfect. There is a warning if we add or remove anything from it (referring to it's messages).

Galatians 1:8 says "But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed."

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #2491 on: May 01, 2017 at 07:55 AM »
If the message or voice is from God, you can cross reference it with the bible.  If it contradicts from what the bible says, then it's from somebody else.
bro di ba, ganyan din noon; kontra yun teachings ni jesus sa mga jews.  i know you mentioned bible, pero baka may mag emerge na bagong messiah?  age of aquarius kumbaga. 
ninjababez online ..

Offline RU9

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • “While we have time, let us do good”
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2492 on: May 01, 2017 at 08:01 AM »

Can you cite examples of  "the message or voice from God" which  we can cross reference with the bible?

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #2493 on: May 01, 2017 at 10:08 AM »
My definition of faith ...

Faith is believing and obeying so
even when it doesn't seems so
so that it will be so
because God say so

Or it can be satan.

Can you cite examples of  "the message or voice from God" which  we can cross reference with the bible?

Sir here's how the conversation flowed. I think he was merely mentioning about knowing how a message can be studied so you'd know if it's from God.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017 at 10:11 AM by Nelson de Leon »

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2494 on: May 01, 2017 at 12:04 PM »

Why don't you give the example and we will tell you if it conforms with the bible.  But  I don't think it matters to you anyway if its from God or not because you are your own God.

That is why you adopted Ayn Rand views "My philosophy, in essence, is the concept of man as a heroic being, with his own happiness as the moral purpose of his life, with productive achievement as his noblest activity, and reason as his only absolute."

No worries, the bible is clear that not everyone will believe . 1 Cor 1:18 says "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2495 on: May 01, 2017 at 03:20 PM »
I dont think he's heard voices so he's asking you.

Offline RU9

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2496 on: May 01, 2017 at 03:30 PM »
Why don't you give the example and we will tell you if it conforms with the bible.

None.

because

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #2497 on: May 01, 2017 at 06:08 PM »
None.

because

The Bible - a book of books consisting of 66 books from over 40 writers written over 1500 years most of them dont know each other and yet their message are the same.

History, science, philosophy, archeology, consistency shows the Bible is true.
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2498 on: May 01, 2017 at 06:47 PM »
History, science, philosophy, archeology, consistency shows the Bible is true.

Holy macaroni.

Offline docelmo

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #2499 on: May 01, 2017 at 10:05 PM »
There are many evidences that the Bible is a reliable and accurate book. Let me just mention few...

- The bible prophesied that the people of Israel shall be scattered and then become a nation once again. This was fulfilled in 1948 when the nation of Israel was reestablished once again after they were dispersed for more than 2,500 years. What are the odds that the writers of the bible accurately prophecy this event?

- The Books of Acts written by Luke mentions about 30 countries, 54 cities this is period when the apostles were spreading the Good news. These cities have now been identified by archeology.

- The discovery of the Dead Sea scrolls proved that the bible have not changed.

- The discovery of the Pool of Bethesda is another proof in the bible's archeological accuracy.
-and historians like Tacitus and Josephus has confirmed and wrote about Jesus and his death by Pilate.
Denon/ GoldenEar Technology/Onkyo/Optoma/Sansui/SVS

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2500 on: May 01, 2017 at 11:08 PM »
Holy macaroni.
Yes sir! Despite the macaroni and the spaghetti, it is proven true.   Kaya nga i also approach the bible as truth and logical. Madalas kasi sir we limit ourselves to a small picture but when we consider the bigger picture, or when we "zoom out" we get to understand it better.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2501 on: May 01, 2017 at 11:10 PM »
There are many evidences that the Bible is a reliable and accurate book. Let me just mention few...

- The bible prophesied that the people of Israel shall be scattered and then become a nation once again. This was fulfilled in 1948 when the nation of Israel was reestablished once again after they were dispersed for more than 2,500 years. What are the odds that the writers of the bible accurately prophecy this event?

- The Books of Acts written by Luke mentions about 30 countries, 54 cities this is period when the apostles were spreading the Good news. These cities have now been identified by archeology.

- The discovery of the Dead Sea scrolls proved that the bible have not changed.

- The discovery of the Pool of Bethesda is another proof in the bible's archeological accuracy.
-and historians like Tacitus and Josephus has confirmed and wrote about Jesus and his death by Pilate.
Not to mention the hundred of copies produced pero after cross referencing each copy, everything was in sync. Tana kayo sir, we should start with Josephus.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2502 on: May 02, 2017 at 06:32 AM »
None. because ...

Definitely not in circles for me. What made me believe the bible is the Word of God is not because the bible claims it is but by my own common sense.

It is the only book I know who has a better explanation for the beginning and the end of all things.

The bible means "collection of books" which was written from different generations by different writers with different professions. And yet with continuity and harmony as if there is only one author. 2000 years difference when the 1st and the last book was written so it is impossible it is just man-made but coming from an eternal and very intellectual being(even just for this reason deserve to be called God). Can you tell me the difference between movies authored, written and directed by different people(like the spiderman,superman,batman series) and those from one author like Hobbits+Lord Of The Rings and Harry Potter series? The bible was written by different men but same author from the very beginning.

The prophetic words in it is with 100% accuracy. From the past, present and even future events. Any error invalidates its integrity and it is consistent as far as I know so I continue to believe.

There was indeed an historical record(not just biblical) of Jesus Christ, the central figure of the bible. The historical record also claims His teachings, miracles, death and resurrection which means Jesus is not a liar and not a lunatic but Jesus is Lord as what the bible says.

And most of all, it has help me transform my life, my character, and my future. There was a big difference with my old and with my new life in the Lord Jesus.  Just like in +2 Cor 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

And this is the greatest miracle when you truly believe in the God of the bible.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017 at 07:05 AM by JT »

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2503 on: May 02, 2017 at 09:03 AM »
Yes sir! Despite the macaroni and the spaghetti, it is proven true.   Kaya nga i also approach the bible as truth and logical. Madalas kasi sir we limit ourselves to a small picture but when we consider the bigger picture, or when we "zoom out" we get to understand it better.

I'll wait till you guys sort out your macaronis and spaghettis then I'll join ;)

Would anyone want to start with basic shapes? Like, is the earth flat, domed or round?

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #2504 on: May 02, 2017 at 09:26 AM »
The earth is neither circular (round) or flat. It is more spherical.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017 at 10:12 AM by rascal101 »

Offline RU9

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2505 on: May 02, 2017 at 01:16 PM »
This is cut and paste. Factual or not?

The Bible was not handed to mankind by God, nor was it dictated to human stenographers by God. It has nothing to do with God. In actuality, the Bible was VOTED to be the word of God by a group of men during the 4th century.

According to Professor John Crossan of Biblical Studies at DePaul University the Roman Emperor Constantine the Great (274-337 CE),  who was the first Roman Emperor to convert to Christianity, needed a single canon to be agreed upon by the Christian leaders to help him unify the remains of the Roman Empire. Until this time the various Christian leaders could not decide which books would be considered "holy" and thus "the word of God" and which ones would be excluded and not considered the word of God.

Emperor Constantine, who was Roman Emperor from 306 CE until his death in 337 CE, used what motivates many to action - MONEY! He offered the various Church leaders money to agree upon a single canon that would be used by all Christians as the word of God.

http://www.deism.com/bibleorigins.htm

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #2506 on: May 02, 2017 at 02:01 PM »
Ang tanong eh kung masama ba talaga gumamit ng pera?

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2507 on: May 02, 2017 at 02:13 PM »
I'll wait till you guys sort out your macaronis and spaghettis then I'll join ;)

Would anyone want to start with basic shapes? Like, is the earth flat, domed or round?
There will always be spaghetti and macaroni. Hindi pa natin pinaguusapan ang sauce.   you'll join meaning you'll join the conversation or you'll join one denomination?

Somebody said " Unity does not necessarily mean uniformity".

« Last Edit: May 02, 2017 at 02:15 PM by Nelson de Leon »

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2508 on: May 02, 2017 at 02:26 PM »
There will always be spaghetti and macaroni. Hindi pa natin pinaguusapan ang sauce.   you'll join meaning you'll join the conversation or you'll join one denomination?

Somebody said " Unity does not necessarily mean uniformity".

I'll join the conversation. So, is the earth also spherical for you?

Rascal, by round I mean like a ball, for discussion purposes. You are, of course, correct.

Offline t-bone

• Trade Count: (+243)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 591
« Reply #2509 on: May 02, 2017 at 02:41 PM »
According to Professor John Crossan of Biblical Studies at DePaul University the Roman Emperor Constantine the Great (274-337 CE),  who was the first Roman Emperor to convert to Christianity, needed a single canon to be agreed upon by the Christian leaders to help him unify the remains of the Roman Empire. Until this time the various Christian leaders could not decide which books would be considered "holy" and thus "the word of God" and which ones would be excluded and not considered the word of God.

Our theology professor said that some gospels were deemed too strange, too magical, too radical and therefore excluded by the "committee".
Samsung 65"
Denon 3808
Apogee speakers

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #2510 on: May 02, 2017 at 03:11 PM »

Rascal, by round I mean like a ball, for discussion purposes. You are, of course, correct.
Yes sir spherical, globe shape.

Offline docelmo

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #2511 on: May 02, 2017 at 04:23 PM »
This is cut and paste. Factual or not?

The Bible was not handed to mankind by God, nor was it dictated to human stenographers by God. It has nothing to do with God. In actuality, the Bible was VOTED to be the word of God by a group of men during the 4th century.

Emperor Constantine, who was Roman Emperor from 306 CE until his death in 337 CE, used what motivates many to action - MONEY! He offered the various Church leaders money to agree upon a single canon that would be used by all Christians as the word of God.

http://www.deism.com/bibleorigins.htm

As has been already mentioned in this thread, the bible as we now know it took about 1600 years, 66 books and 40 distinct authors to complete. If God had nothing to do with the writing of 66 books, then this would be the greatest deception by a "group of man" in history!
But the proof in the Bible authenticity is it's accuracy found in non-biblical sources, non-biblical historians account and archeological evidences....and we find a lot of evidence for this.

By the end of the 1st century AD, the books of the new testament were already being written by the apostles or those close to them, most  were quoting the old testament which was already in wide circulation and accepted by this time. By the 2nd and 3rd century the new testament were considered the new covenant. These were widely accepted as "inspired writings" by the people. But to protect the scriptures from various forgeries and heresies there was a need to formally list the 27 books of the New Testament.

Thus by the 4th century the final composition of the Bible was completed. Each book in order to be accepted must pass 3 criteria: Apostolic Authorship, conformity w/ "rule of faith" and must have "continuous acceptance and usage. If a book fails in any one of the 3 it was not accepted.

The Bible's integrity and authenticity does not rest on those who formalized the book but rather on it's content from historical perspective(people of Israel) and world history(book of Daniel), prophecy about and by Jesus and for present and future events foretold in Revelation. No man can claim sole authorship of these books. There is only one who has claimed authorship and the writers have identified the true author by the phrase "Thus sayeth the Lord".
Denon/ GoldenEar Technology/Onkyo/Optoma/Sansui/SVS

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2512 on: May 02, 2017 at 04:36 PM »

Ano na nga ba tamang shape,  in ancient  times it is flat. then becomes round circle, and now some scientist claims to be pear shape.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2513 on: May 02, 2017 at 04:39 PM »
Pear? Never heard that one before.

What do you say?

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2514 on: May 02, 2017 at 04:41 PM »
Ang tanong eh kung masama ba talaga gumamit ng pera?

not money but the love of money is what the bible says the root of all evil.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2515 on: May 02, 2017 at 04:43 PM »

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 305
« Reply #2516 on: May 02, 2017 at 04:44 PM »
not money but the love of money is what the bible says the root of all evil.

+1

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #2517 on: May 03, 2017 at 07:14 AM »
Holy macaroni.
pastafarian ba yan?
ninjababez online ..

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2518 on: May 03, 2017 at 07:22 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTOE4Ar0Dfo

Thanks. Another one that's taken out of context and blown up.

How about you? What's the shape of the earth?

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2519 on: May 03, 2017 at 09:16 AM »
Thanks. Another one that's taken out of context and blown up.

How about you? What's the shape of the earth?

How was it out of context and blown up?

Anyway, earth's shape is an interesting topic that deserve another thread.

Personally I don't have a firm stand on this because the bible does not clearly says the shape of our world.

And NASA with all the rest of the scientist does not come with the definitive proof of the shape either as the photos are not genuine (photoshopped even the latest ones).  And the statements are conflicting and changing every generations. And their space travels are questionable.