Author Topic: pobox.ph  (Read 64792 times)

Offline jao143

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Going back to a more simple set-up ;(
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
Re: pobox.ph
« Reply #120 on: Sep 20, 2012 at 04:13 PM »
whoa, i'm not sure why they'd do that. i mean, were they expecting cocaine would pour out or something? aren't they supposed to use x-ray or whatever, specially if a box was clearly labeled and factory sealed...

I just hope that nothing's wrong with the unit :-[. I will hook it up later. There is no visible damage to the unit  since the blade used hit the styro only.

Whatever the reason, kaasar sila >:(

Sorry for the O.T.
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2012 at 04:13 PM by jao143 »
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline rthirtyfourgtr

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #121 on: Sep 20, 2012 at 04:22 PM »
you're probably ok, with the unit itself not being damaged.

but the thought of big items possibly being damaged due to careless inspection methods, that's rather discomforting...
One should not seek the meaning of life until one is ready to understand death.

Offline TOY 01

• Trade Count: (+323)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #122 on: Sep 20, 2012 at 08:25 PM »
their reason is that the customs people might have misplaced the items specially the small items, but i think you are correct in assuming na "nabuwaya" na rin yun mga stuff na yon. nahiya lang ang po box to stay na nadale na.

i was lucky my last shipment was not inspected and i have a watch in there.

as for my pj, it was inspected since the box when it was delivered to me, the u.s. customs inspected sticker was on the box.

Sir sa tingin ko hindi na misplaced kinuha talaga. Yun mention ni jao yun watch na order sa akin ni avfan nawala yun watch pero yun box & manual hindi nawala. Pero hindi sa pobox nawala yun watch lahat yata ng forwarder subject to random checking.

Sir iiinas meron talaga sticker ng customs pag binuksan nila yun gamit. Ang sabi sa akin ng forwarder pagkatapos sa customs, meron partner yun customs na nagbubukas uli minsan tapos hindi na nababalik yun sticker tapos dun madaming  na nawawala na gamit.
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2012 at 08:27 PM by TOY 01 »
Allan 0917-8975003 (Please indicate username)

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #123 on: Sep 21, 2012 at 06:05 PM »
Sir sa tingin ko hindi na misplaced kinuha talaga. Yun mention ni jao yun watch na order sa akin ni avfan nawala yun watch pero yun box & manual hindi nawala. Pero hindi sa pobox nawala yun watch lahat yata ng forwarder subject to random checking.

Sir iiinas meron talaga sticker ng customs pag binuksan nila yun gamit. Ang sabi sa akin ng forwarder pagkatapos sa customs, meron partner yun customs na nagbubukas uli minsan tapos hindi na nababalik yun sticker tapos dun madaming  na nawawala na gamit.

so anu yun, parang "ninakaw" nga? and sino itong mga partner ng customs?

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #124 on: Sep 21, 2012 at 06:33 PM »
may mga Pinoy na sa customs nila?  ::) joke lang po.  ;)

palamig-lamigin lang siguro muna ninyo baka pansamantala lang yan.

Offline TOY 01

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Sep 21, 2012 at 09:17 PM »
Ang sabi kasi sa akin ng forwarder marami na nawawala ng mag start yun random inspection ng customs especially yun mga small item. Check ko sa kanila Kung ano name ng partner ng customs.

Offline Furry

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Sep 21, 2012 at 09:40 PM »
Guys.. sharing the new insurance policy update from POBOX for everyone's awareness:

Important Announcement - Extra Insurance for Lost Items

To All Our Valued Members:

There have been a few incidents of lost items due to the random inspection
of our boxes by the U.S. Customs. They take out the items inside the boxes
and then pack it again thus also ruining the way we carefully pack the
items. They do this to boxes of cargo forwarders to the Philippines. Around
30% of our boxes are subject to these random inspections. Examples of items
that are lost are relatively 'small' items such as shades, watches, small
gadgets and the like. As stated in our Terms and Conditions, the insurance
of the courier, Forex Cargo, only covers 'loss' of the whole box and not
the 'loss' of items inside the box. However, POBox has tried to compensate
for the 'Loss' of these items as an act of service and commitment to our
clients. Moving Forward, Forex and POBox may not be able to cover ALL
losses anymore. In lieu of these circumstances, we decide to offer Extra
Insurance coverage for such instances. The ff. are the details for this
Extra Insurance:

1. Extra Insurance coverage offered is for up to $100 and $200 only. The
additional cost for the insurance is $5 and $10 respectively.
2. Extra Insurance coverage is only for 'Loss' of items due to Random
Inspection by the U.S. Customs.
3. Extra Insurance coverage is in additional to coverage of Forex Cargo.
Claims should be first made to Forex and the Extra Insurance will cover
balances that were not claimed through Forex if the claim was deemed valid.
4. When shipping a box, POBox will ask all if they want to avail of the
Extra Insurance. The fee for the Extra Insurance should be paid with the
shipment fee of the box.

Since the maximum coverage we offer is only $200, we advise everyone to
refrain from shipping expensive, valuable and 'small' items for now while
the situation with the U.S. Customs remains uncertain. This extra insurance
will be offered starting on the September 19 shipment batch.

Kindly let us know if you have any questions or concerns regarding this.

Thank you very much!

POBox Team

Offline nicorobin

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Oct 06, 2012 at 02:27 PM »
Hi everyone. I just got my box today. This is the first time I availed of Pobox.ph's service. My box was opened by US customs as evidenced by a tape on the box. Upon checking my items, I found 2 PSP umd's missing. Their cases and manual were there though. It's a good thing that these are relatively inexpensive. But still, I am pissed.. :( My lion king blu ray's case was also damaged due to careless packing. At least they left it sealed, though.

This is just another testimony that random inspection and theft really do happen. I'm not so sure if I'll avail of their service again. This is the first time I lost an item through balikbayan box. My box went out September 7 so it was not under the extra insurance policy.
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2012 at 05:53 PM by nicorobin »

Offline mikz023

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 09:01 AM »
Hi everyone. I just got my box today. This is the first time I availed of Pobox.ph's service. My box was opened by US customs as evidenced by a tape on the box. Upon checking my items, I found 2 PSP umd's missing. Their cases and manual were there though. It's a good thing that these are relatively inexpensive. But still, I am pissed.. :( My lion king blu ray's case was also damaged due to careless packing. At least they left it sealed, though.

This is just another testimony that random inspection and theft really do happen. I'm not so sure if I'll avail of their service again. This is the first time I lost an item through balikbayan box. My box went out September 7 so it was not under the extra insurance policy.

Matagal na tong issue sir abt missing items when ur box undergoes inspection by US customs. Wala na tlga tyong mggawa d2. Swertehan n lng if d mawawala mga items mo. Luckily for you hindi expensive un nawala syo un iba laptop ang nawala sa kanila.

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #129 on: Oct 09, 2012 at 10:10 AM »
ang alam ko hdd at laptop ang e scrutinize pero di naman yata e confiscate. siguro pag tamad ang US customs at wala ng oras mag check di na ibalik sa box. takot yata sila sa mga storage hardwares na maaring gamitin ng mga spy/terrorist pag transfer ng mga secret files  :o
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2012 at 10:12 AM by GneW »

Offline mikz023

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Oct 14, 2012 at 08:24 PM »
Sa mga nagpaship ng AV receiver sa pobox or forex magkano total shipped cost nyo from US to PHL?

Offline TOY 01

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Nov 07, 2012 at 02:31 PM »
Price transfer Inc.

Offline revas9

• Trade Count: (+950)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Nov 07, 2012 at 05:34 PM »
kasama na ako sa biktima nyan huhuhu  :-[ US customs ransacked my box... dapat ibebenta ko na dito for cheaper prices kasi sea freight, imagine a 150+ titled box, 80 titles ang tinangay yung BD copy, so what's the use of the cases and artwork  :'( ... just a reminder that the US customs are cannibalistic in handling things. The word in mind was INSPECTED, not FILTERING items. i lost around 35K worth because of this. i just hope my next box wouldn't be INSPECTED again.... sad to say... POBOX won't shoulder those items that were taken without even appealing... was in a real bad mood for a week. buti na lang Johnny Air was there kahit papano my new items are still arriving on time.

everytime i looked at those boxes... makes me wanna stick someone at the back

take note, i got all steelbooks as brand new sealed, well.. WAS... pala  :-[
these are graphic in terms of people who take care of their items... bro seph1018 baka umiyak ka pag nakita mo mga ito

the seal of the devil... beware...

« Last Edit: Nov 07, 2012 at 05:55 PM by revas9 »

Offline edwn1220

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • DVD Guru
  • In & Out
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 474
« Reply #133 on: Nov 07, 2012 at 08:12 PM »
^ That's sad, Ryan. Would you know if pobox.ph filed a formal complaint with the US Customs if pilferages from their clients' packages are really happening for some time now?
Frans hominum ad perniciem, et integritas ad salutem, vocat.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Nov 08, 2012 at 08:04 AM »
anyone had any experience importing a flat panel TV through this service?

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 06:09 PM »
LET ME state my mind on this pilferage troubles. My brother was at one time an importer of novelty gifts from Greece. He traded Hellenic vases, plates and "retablos" with awesome ancient-style designs like those you could see from excavated artifacts and museum pieces. But he lost money on the pilferage that happens against his shipments. The culprit is none other than the Customs scoundrels and even the cargo handlers. To cite suspects the victim need only to straddle between these two parties, and even if the pinpointing is correct, its a futile, doomed effort. Di mo na rin mababawi ang nawala sa iyo.
Hence, I wouldn't put confidence on what POBOX is declaring that stolen or damaged goods is the handiwork of random and rash U.S. Customs inspection. Hogwash.

For all that can be said against Americans, they're far decent & integrity-laden than the usual government people - especially that cesspool of thievery, Bureau Of Customs (both in North Harbor and in Sto. nino, Paranaque).
I can't believed US Customs would slash, pocket and pillage these Philippine-bound boxes like our own cargo pillagers here. I'd say POBOX is throwing the blame against US Customs because no one of us here could confidently dispute that its not an invention. Has US Customs ever came out with a statement or a stated policy that they're doing such brash, almost tyrannical inspections/confiscations?
I'd say the pillages happens here, its this blighted shore, port and warehouse where all these thievery and damages are being inflicted. Sa nawalang kubyertos, amphora vases and other rare merchandise my brother has lost, wala kang maaaring pagsuspitsahan kundi ang mga kababayan mo ring mga tulisan....

Offline edwn1220

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • DVD Guru
  • In & Out
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 474
« Reply #136 on: Nov 09, 2012 at 10:56 PM »
^ Exactly my thoughts Ms. Alice! The first thing that came to my mind when I read the posts here, 'Why is it pobox.ph did not file a complaint with US Customs on this alleged pilferage incidents?' Ang dali kasing sabihin ng Pobox.ph na US customs ang may kasalanan, but did they show undeniable proof that the pilferages were the handiwork of US Customs officers? I don't think so.
Frans hominum ad perniciem, et integritas ad salutem, vocat.

Offline TOY 01

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Nov 10, 2012 at 07:52 AM »
^sir according dun sa shipping company na gamit namin Hindi sa u.s customs nawawala yun Mga item Kung Hindi dun sa partner nila. pinakita din nila sa akin yun complaint nil pati yun sagot ng partner ng u.s customs.

Offline rthirtyfourgtr

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Nov 10, 2012 at 08:31 AM »
i don't think it's wise to throw accusations unless you have first hand knowledge of the issue at hand. just because filipinos screw over fellow filipinos all the time, doesn't mean americans would screw filipinos any less.

anyway, all i know is that my dealings with pobox/forex has been good and so far they have a good track record with regards to compensating customers for untoward incidents.
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2012 at 09:13 PM by rthirtyfourgtr »

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #139 on: Nov 10, 2012 at 09:02 AM »
i have used po box service and to be honest nothing like this ever happened to me (yet) but this type of problems came about after the us customs started to inspect outgoing shipments, that is why i am more inclined to believe @toy 01's explanation than the once @alice go and @edwin is insinuating.

besides, let's think for a second that hypothetically that there are indeed crooks in our shores, company's like po box and other bb box companies would probably have "greased" their contacts already to ensure shipments arrive here in our shores in good hands, and i doubt they would let anything happen to the shipments after allegedly receiving bribes to ensure safe passage of said goods.

as i said, the stink started to happen after the us customs started the random opening of outbound cargoes. and the partners might be crooked as expounded by @toy01.

i fully agree @rthirtyfourgtr, its sad that we immediately think that its us (philippines) that are at fault. 
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2012 at 09:08 AM by iiinas »

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Nov 11, 2012 at 07:53 PM »
Dami rin ganito issue sa tipidpc mga member dun na nag papadala using pobox/forex pag natiyempuhan ng third party ng US custom di sumasablay na wala nawawala. Grabe kala natin dito lang sa pinas malala din pala dun sa US.  :-X
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #141 on: Nov 11, 2012 at 09:07 PM »
My take is somewhere in between.  I think Philippine customs or crooked employees of the forwarder are responsible for the pilferage.  If they see that a batch goes through US customs inspection, it leaves a good excuse for looting, and leaving the blame to US customs.  I am not saying that US customs is absolutely innocent, I just think their inspection gives other handlers that excuse to steal.

If you look at the victim boxes, there are US customs packaging tapes.  If you are US customs, won't you seal them properly?  Do you really think they'll be taped up so haphazardly?

I use Forex by the way, and have a perfect record with them.  Puwera bati.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Nov 11, 2012 at 09:23 PM »
My take is somewhere in between.  I think Philippine customs or crooked employees of the forwarder are responsible for the pilferage.  If they see that a batch goes through US customs inspection, it leaves a good excuse for looting, and leaving the blame to US customs.  I am not saying that US customs is absolutely innocent, I just think their inspection gives other handlers that excuse to steal.

If you look at the victim boxes, there are US customs packaging tapes.  If you are US customs, won't you seal them properly?  Do you really think they'll be taped up so haphazardly?

I use Forex by the way, and have a perfect record with them.  Puwera bati.

Puwede din pero kasi ang sinasabi na involve is the third party of US custom not the US custom itself. Sa pagkakasabi dito nacheck na ng US custom then icheck pa ng third party correct me if i'm wrong.
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline rthirtyfourgtr

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Nov 11, 2012 at 09:32 PM »
I remember reading about a statement from either forex or pobox explaining that these issues were caused by a company by the name of "Price Transfer" (pointed out above by TOY01 as well.)

They say that issue is not isolated to forex, other forwarders are affected as well. a quick google search shows that at least one other forwarder gave out a press release: http://www.manilaforwarder.com/pressrelease.html

excerpt:
Claims against Loss Due to US Homeland Security Inspections

The Pilipino American Shipper’s Association has been extensively careful in representing the complaints of balikbayan box consumers pertaining to the reported loss of items in the balikbayan box.

The US Homeland Security has been notified of such problems, which in turn, notified the inspection facility, the Price Transfer.

The Price Transfer, on the other hand, points to the US Homeland Security for answers.

The fact is that when a balikbayan box container gets inspected, aside from the delays that it would cause, may result in some missing items. It is reported that Balikbayan Box Companies in the Philippines find some items scattered on the floor of the container when they receive it. A similar condition to that of a police raid.

An independent surveillance conducted by a Balikbayan Box Company, outside the Price Transfer Inspection facility showed some of its personnel coming out of their workplace with backpacks or bags.

Price Transfer claims that their facility is secure and protected by surveillance cameras to avoid container theft among its personnel.

No one is allowed inside Price Transfer inspection facility except their personnel and US Homeland Security Officers.

so which is more plausible - there are anomalies in the operations of Price Transfer, or there is conspiracy among a group of Philippine cargo forwarders?
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2012 at 09:36 PM by rthirtyfourgtr »

Offline TOY 01

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Nov 12, 2012 at 09:51 PM »
Meron naman silang cctv camera sa warehouse kaya yun nawalan ako pinakita naman nila sa akin tsaka ang sabi sa akin ng owner ng forwader pag alam nila na inspect yun container meron siyang representative habang nag unload ng shipment sa warehouse nila.

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #145 on: Nov 13, 2012 at 10:36 AM »
Heads up for those who consolidate items with POBox.ph, they have a new address for items for consolidation. Here's the email I got:

To All Our Valued Members:

As part of our efforts to further improve our service, we are moving in to
a bigger and better facility. Effective immediately, have your items
delivered to the ff addresses:

PACKAGES FOR CONSOLIDATION

Attn: "Your Name"
1102 Arroyo St. Unit B
San Fernando, CA 91340
Tel no. 310-803-7035

PACKAGES FOR STRAIGHT SHIPMENT

Attn: "Your Name"
12822 S. Main St.
Los Angeles, CA 90061
Tel no. 310-523-4080

For packages that are already on the way to the old warehouse address, this
is fine and these packages can still be consolidated. For your next and
future purchases, kindly use the new address already. Just let us know if
you have questions or concerns. Thank you very much for bearing and working
with us in this transition period.

Pobox Team

t. +(632) 470-3024 +(632) 440-7548
cp. SMS Only: +(63917) 880-8730
[email protected] www.pobox.ph

Offline titopepe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #146 on: Nov 22, 2012 at 09:41 PM »
is it advisable to purchase now?
theres a 15% sale on autogeek.net hehehe
do i have to pay for customs tax?
call me tito... tito pepe!

Offline mikz023

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Jan 29, 2013 at 01:05 PM »
juskupo..laki ng tariff sa AV sa receiver ko. $50 sa pobox  :o

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Jan 29, 2013 at 08:48 PM »
juskupo..laki ng tariff sa AV sa receiver ko. $50 sa pobox  :o

Mura pa nga yan sa akin 13k total ang air shipping nga AV reciever ko pero 1 week lang inabot pero di siya POBOX. Ang maganda wala na ako iisipin in one month. haha
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline mikz023

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Feb 04, 2013 at 02:45 PM »
my tariff was down to $30 na lang after I showed to celine our conversation in email regarding my tariff inquiry. hmm.. unpredictable tlga un tariff na yan.
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2013 at 02:46 PM by mikz023 »