Author Topic: On popular brands of speakers and subwoofers, where were they really made?  (Read 9754 times)

Offline sovrain

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 33
some, or mostly, speakers and subwoofers manufacturers have their manufacturing plants in China. others says, what's wrong for things that are made in china, as long as the technology is from the mother company.
but, this chess miss(tsismis  ;D) bothers me...manufacturing companies in china keeps on changing laborers/employees to avoid the china ruling that "an employee should be in permanent position after six months of work". thereby, this action(frequent changing of employees), affects the quality of things/gadgets being made in china. there's no good company-employee relationship. ;) :)
Marantz SR5005/PM90/SA8260
Mission Mx5/C2/1/S
Klipsch RW12D
TEAC UD-HO1|Trio TT|Asus O'play|MED1000X

Offline sovrain

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
FOCAL- made in france, they don't have parts that are made in china, according to reviews and some pdvd members :D
Mission Mx5/C2/1/S
Klipsch RW12D

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
I don't think any good company would wish to jeopardize its reputation by rolling out substandard products. I'm sure they thought about their move not just once or twice before they committed to transfer their production elsewhere. This change is typically quite drastic, and entails a lot of effort/work. In the end, what probably convinced them to move was their belief that they can become more competitive if they were to push through.

Offline sovrain

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
I don't think any good company would wish to jeopardize its reputation by rolling out substandard products. I'm sure they thought about their move not just once or twice before they committed to transfer their production elsewhere. This change is typically quite drastic, and entails a lot of effort/work. In the end, what probably convinced them to move was their belief that they can become more competitive if they were to push through.

before, I used to think that way too, Sir, not until I have this experience on an acquisition of a branded laptop that's made in china, used it, and after less than 2 months, hard disk is not working anymore, have to return it, and they replaced the hard disk, I could have appreciated it if they replaced the whole unit :D. I want to believe na nagkataon lang, after all, most of the things we used now are made in china. parang wala na ngang choice kung minsan  :D :D DALI's speakers, maybe not all, according to some reviews, are also made in china, but I still want to check on them, and if I like them, maybe, would get a pair....
         maybe, and I hope, not all that are made in china, especially HT gears are of inferior quality :)

so, how about your speakers Sir stagea, what brand and model, at saan po ginawa? :) :)
Mission Mx5/C2/1/S
Klipsch RW12D

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
before, I used to think that way too, Sir, not until I have this experience on an acquisition of a branded laptop that's made in china, used it, and after less than 2 months, hard disk is not working anymore, have to return it, and they replaced the hard disk, I could have appreciated it if they replaced the whole unit :D. I want to believe na nagkataon lang, after all, most of the things we used now are made in china. parang wala na ngang choice kung minsan  :D :D DALI's speakers, maybe not all, according to some reviews, are also made in china, but I still want to check on them, and if I like them, maybe, would get a pair....
         maybe, and I hope, not all that are made in china, especially HT gears are of inferior quality :)

so, how about your speakers Sir stagea, what brand and model, at saan po ginawa? :) :)

Whether or not it's made in China, may defect rate talaga halos lahat nag products (lalo na ang consumer electronics dahil hindi naman mission-critical). Very few in this industry approach six sigma levels in defect rates.

I've had many speaker sets (both for domestic and mobile audio), I don't think I recall all of them. Most were made in China, while others were made in the following countries: Israel, France, Sweden, UK, USA, Mexico, Japan, Taiwan, Philippines and Malaysia.
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2011 at 03:55 PM by Stagea »

Offline damiel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • いちゃりば、ちょーでー
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
halos lahat ng nagamit ko na sub ay made in the US(Acoustic Research) at Canada(energy XLS8), speakers naman ay USA at Japan (bose at yamaha)
Hegel H90 + Kef LS50
Astell & Kern SP2000 + FitEar Titan

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
IF YOU are averse to "Made In China" there's too few speakers to choose about. Triangle (its French so its pronounced as trayangley) is handcrafted in France, all the way. MacIntosh - literally a brand thats considered audio jewelry - is made in the USA, all the way. But Bowers & Wilkins has long since given up the standards - its not handcrafted anymore my British people but subcontracted to the Chinese.

MADE in China as a benchmark designation means "inferior." The reason much of the world's manufacturing labor is shifted to China is due fundamentally to two reasons: Company wants to make a bigger profit hence it set its sights to China's slave-level/slave-wage labor and manufacturing costs. Many of you might put it as basic capitalism - not a moral question. But its a moral question because it means the company is hungry for more profit, its raw greed. When I shift my production to China, I deprived my kababayan of jobs, my country of taxes and my own culture of making a creative, innovative mark on making things better.

Two, China is able to avail hundreds of millions of slave-driven laborers because its a tyranny. It views its people as numbers, never as souls. Thus it has no qualms in mowing down any plea for a humanitarian voice with guns and tanks, it could routinely decimate whole populations without conscience. China maintains an army of 5 million soldiers - its very own overfed & very well-equipped thugs and executioners. China could very well pronounced to its slave workers, "Buti nga binigyan pa namin kayo ng matatrabaho!"

A manufacturer who wants to shift production to China is better be aware that his finished commodity lacks durability and polish because its made by a Chinaman who works on slave wages - compulsed to produce literally, under the barrel of a pistol. Speakers and most other Audio-Video commodities - including your Apple iPads and tablets (Steve Job's greed and trademark arrogance is literally metastizing cancer cells against his wasted body) - are produced under these slave-driven living & factory conditions. If a China-made product comes out superior its likely because the ruling Communist politburo who "protects" that manufacturer/producer administers even more oppressive duress against the workers. Hence, slaving Chinese kills themselves because of exhaustion and inhuman working conditions.

Made In China has no artisanal value to them, a commodity could be made in the thousands as long as you made the deposit. China produces EVERYTHING - but there's one item no Chinese factory would touch: Printing the Bible.....

« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2011 at 10:15 PM by ALICE GO »

Offline resident_evil

• Trade Count: (+71)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Very well said. :)
Ref3A De Capo Be, 300B SET Amp, Nak Bx300, Rega P3-24, Benz Glider, EE Minimax

Offline Hammerheart

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • DVD Guru
  • Formerly known as tormentor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
my cm1 is still made in England.  ;D

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
China produces EVERYTHING - but there's one item no Chinese factory would touch: Printing the Bible.....

That's not true.  They've printed 80 million bibles in China, which now prints bibles at the the rate of 1 million a month.  A quarter of the world's bibles printed today were printed in China, which has exported more than 26 million bibles to over 60 countries.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/80.million.bibles.printed.in.china.and.counting/27047.htm

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
err, for me po "does it really matters" kung saan made ang speakers? as long na enjoy mo music sa speakers it doesn't really matters kahit saan gawa yan..gawa nga sa France, England etc. etc. pero mas masaya or nag enjoy ka sa gawang kapit bahay, PINOY, China etc. etc. sa SQ eh saan ka pa.. ;)

Offline Euphony101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Let's not forget, business is business, and all business aims for profit. There no secret reason or conspiracy why more and more companies go to China. Pera-pera lang talaga yan.

As for us consumers, kung ayaw natin ng  made in china then no one is forcing us to by them.
Bayad ka ng mahal kung gusto mo ng made somewhere else.... ;D

Sorry mga bro kung parang pang asar yung comment ko, nakakasawa lang kc na reklamo ng reklamo na madaling masira yung made in china...pero bili naman tayo ng bili.

Pag inisip mo toluy, sino ba may problema, Yung gumagawa ng mumurahing gamit na madaling masira
 O
Yung bumibili ng mumurahing gamit na nag iexpect ng pang habang buhay na gamitan.... ;D

Offline Hammerheart

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
chinese made products may be inferior to the ones made in the first world countries, but let us not forget na bumaba naman yung pricing nila sa market.

remember, Walang gamit na magtatagal sa taong hindi marunong mag-ingat.

i have handled so many gears/personal things, etc, and took care of them with outmost care, wala pa naman akong nasira. i could still sell them used na maganda pa naman ang price.

if you want your gears/things to last, ingatan natin. mataas naman ang standards ng branded gears, tsamba lang yung minsang me factory defect.

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
May mga manufacturers na gustong sa kanila pa rin kung saan unang nakilala ginagawa ang mga produkto para mapanatili ang QC at tiwala ng mamimili yun nga lang, You Pay The Price. Kung may pambili ka nga naman, why bother buy or patronize "China-Made" products kung wala kang tiwala sa pagkagawa maging ito man ay sikat na consumer goods. Para sa isang Juan, talaga yatang wala ng option but buy China-Made gears. Maging gawa man sa Amerika ay nasisira din. Ibang-iba na ang supply & demand noon at ngayon plus sa ngayon pa simple ng pasimple na lang ang pyesa kaya halos ang gagaan na ng gears. Nakahanap ng paraan ang tao kung paano mapadali ang produksyon at the same time higher profit. Minsan akong nagpabili ng portable cd player sa US kasi gusto ko talaga dun at mas mura ang siste nung kilatisin ko gawang China at ang earphone Made in the Philippines! Gulat ko!  :o ;D :D

Sa kabilang banda, mabuti na rin na may Made in China na dahil kung wala baka mas lalong mahal ang mga gears natin maging sa authorized man o gray market.  ;)

Offline jjlovemusic

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Breaking dawn... time to enjoy the movie
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
May mga manufacturers na gustong sa kanila pa rin kung saan unang nakilala ginagawa ang mga produkto para mapanatili ang QC at tiwala ng mamimili yun nga lang, You Pay The Price. Kung may pambili ka nga naman, why bother buy or patronize "China-Made" products kung wala kang tiwala sa pagkagawa maging ito man ay sikat na consumer goods. Para sa isang Juan, talaga yatang wala ng option but buy China-Made gears. Maging gawa man sa Amerika ay nasisira din. Ibang-iba na ang supply & demand noon at ngayon plus sa ngayon pa simple ng pasimple na lang ang pyesa kaya halos ang gagaan na ng gears. Nakahanap ng paraan ang tao kung paano mapadali ang produksyon at the same time higher profit. Minsan akong nagpabili ng portable cd player sa US kasi gusto ko talaga dun at mas mura ang siste nung kilatisin ko gawang China at ang earphone Made in the Philippines! Gulat ko!  :o ;D :D

Sa kabilang banda, mabuti na rin na may Made in China na dahil kung wala baka mas lalong mahal ang mga gears natin maging sa authorized man o gray market.  ;)

;)

onga sir. there's always a choice. why complain, right? don't buy it if you don't like it.  :D

Madami na sa buong mundo either benefited or suffered from made in china... same as with everything else made else where - Laging mayroon pros and cons.  ;) (parang topic na ito, wala po tama't mali - all are personal opinions.  :D )

Being human, i think most of us put our heart into our work. Not everybody can make things perfectly but we still try hard to make things perfect.  :)

I'm no chinese but i'm half Filipino, Half cyborg...  ;D
Your stature does not mean that you are a better person than anyone else less $$$ wealthier than you

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
So what happened to Made in Taiwan?

Maganda na ba ngayon pag made in Taiwan?
Walang Setup

Offline jjlovemusic

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Wala yata speakers and subwoofers made in Taiwan bro. Puro slimming tea lang.  :)
Your stature does not mean that you are a better person than anyone else less $$$ wealthier than you

Offline Hammerheart

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Musical Fidelity is now being manufactured in taiwan

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
I don't think that the labor cost in China is low. Here in Shenzhen, the minimum labor cost is about 1,200 RMB or about Php 7,800. For engineers, it is so much (many times) higher than in the Philippines. The government here does not allow companies to pay lower. Since this is the local policy, a few companies take advantage by having a 6 day workweek (but the Saturdays are alternating). Some companies like Huawei have a 5 day workweek. There are many manufacturing companies is Shenzhen who aspire to be recognized outside of China so these companies make great efforts to comply with Western standards and quality.

It is very expensive to own a house in Shenzhen. Most Chinese live in flats (apartments) or dorms. Most of them only have very basic household items. When they find a better paying job or business they move to a different place. Having many household items becomes a liability specially for people who aspire higher wages or more money so for them maybe it is good common sense to have only what you really need. Based on the stories of Chinese I have spoken, the good majority rather put their money in the bank rather than spend for audio/video appliances. However, it appears that the laptop is very common here. Many Chinese save up to be able to acquire one.

Many Chinese have the orientation to save on money so they do not really care so much on items that are "not essential" for everyday living. In healthcare, most Chinese do not pay for consultation and admittance in the hospital. The government pays for these. I believe they pay only for government sponsored medicine. Judging from the health of many Chinese it appears that they are healthier than Westeners or Filipinos.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2011 at 05:26 AM by rascal101 »

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
USHER audio is Taiwan based Loudspeaker company.

http://www.usheraudiousa.com/

Wala yata speakers and subwoofers made in Taiwan bro. Puro slimming tea lang.  :)

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
noon bata pa ako (parang kailan lang naman yun) walang alam bigkasin ang mga matatanda kungdi gamit na galing "state side", pangit daw yun galing japan kasi ang daling masira. yun "state side" kasi kadalasan surplus government issue (G.I. - as in sa G.I. Joe) na mga milspec kaya kahit dumaan sa giyera buo pa.

yun gawang japan naman mas mura kaya lang the reason ang dali masira nun galing japan kasi hindi maintindihan yun operating manual ayun pala outside normal conditions na kaya nasisira.

after ilan years lang ang lumipas yun japan sought after na, pero meron mas mura - gawa sa taiwan.

then after ilan years lang ulit, mas preferred na ng mga tao ang gawang taiwan kasi meron mas mura - gawang chinese.

Offline jjlovemusic

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Great speakers also!

So what happened to Made in Taiwan?

Maganda na ba ngayon pag made in Taiwan?
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2011 at 07:16 AM by JJ LoveMusic »

Offline jjlovemusic

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Nice amps also!

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:

DLS and Linn also make stuff in Taiwan. :)

Lawrence Audio and JohnBlue Audio are also reputable Taiwanese speaker companies.

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
Bili na lang ng bili ng kailangang gamit maging made in mars pa yan basta masaya ka habang ginagamit mo bago masira. Kapag nasira e d ipaayos pero kapag na bad trip ka then dispatsa at iwasan ang naturang produkto. Baka wala na tayong mabiling gamit kung iiwasan natin ang Asian made products. Kakapraning lang,  ;D ;D

Ang kakilala ko ngang mag-asawang puti eh, anak nila made in China! Di naman singkit.  ??? ::) ;D :D

Ganun din ang mga Chinese na narito sa Pilipinas mga anak nila made in RP pero singkit pa din.  ::) ;D :D ;)

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
IF CHINA has become the largest Bible printer, what exactly is the Bible version authorized by the Communists to get printed? There's no citation of a version in that article. This is my guess - those Bibles are those corrupt, expurgated, New Age versions, which excises fiendishly direct references to Christ's godhood. Its not the "final authority" Bible, the King James. These versions, like the NIV, is cleverly translated to be "friendly" Bibles - so as not to offend homosexuals, Catholics, and heathen world religions. The article cited that only one China printer is allowed to do the printing and no selling of its bible is allowed inside China. The Communist geriatrics in Beijing doesn't want to lose the obscene profit to be made from Bibles, hence it concede to a sole printer churned out (questionable) Bible versions. Sayang nga din naman ang kita.
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2011 at 12:31 PM by ALICE GO »

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
MADE in China as a benchmark designation means "inferior." The reason much of the world's manufacturing labor is shifted to China is due fundamentally to two reasons: Company wants to make a bigger profit hence it set its sights to China's slave-level/slave-wage labor and manufacturing costs. Many of you might put it as basic capitalism - not a moral question. But its a moral question because it means the company is hungry for more profit, its raw greed. When I shift my production to China, I deprived my kababayan of jobs, my country of taxes and my own culture of making a creative, innovative mark on making things better.

Sometimes it's not just making more profit. In fact, many companies have moved manufacturing offshore (to China, Vietnam, etc.) to actually churn a profit. Many times, the move is largely influenced by the business climate / market forces. The market is so competitive these days that there are many companies building stuff in what you'd consider as a dirt-cheap place, yet they're still losing money.

I think the reduction in perceived quality of current products (due to reduced service life, defect rate, build quality, etc.) has more to do with the manufacturer's specs and cost envelope for the design, than the move of production to developing nations in the Far East. Had they applied the same cost envelope to a unit manufactured in the developed west, the final product would likely be running shoddier specs because labor would take a big chunk of the budget (leaving very little for the bill of materials or quality control). I've worked with many CE companies for Service and Engineering, and I can tell you that most of them design and build to cost. Like most manufacturing-oriented companies, they have target unit costs and selling prices even before the design phase starts (pricing is rarely an aftermath in this industry). With the ever-increasing market pressure to drive down prices in real terms, manufacturers are left with very slim margins for entry level to mainstream designs (especially when you put in the cost of money, development, quality control, rework, advertising, distribution, etc. on top). At the moment, mostly only higher-end niche products could be sufficiently sold at high enough prices to accommodate fully-controlled high-cost western manufacture (this puts the "Made in China," "Made in Vietnam," etc. products at a disadvantage to the average consumer's perception, because majority of the items he/she sees that were made in the developed world are costlier and/or higher-end products, against the lower cost items being churned out by the developing world).

Just my tuppence worth.

Offline 6l6

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Very well said. :)

Agree, parang totoo noh!

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Kahit ano pa ang sabihin nyo, naniniwala pa din ako na kaya lumilipat lahat sa China ang manufacturing dahil sa Lower COSTS in the long run... SO MORE PROFIT! PERIOD!!!

Totoo, inferior karamihan ng gawa sa China. Sa panahon ngayon, wala ka ng mapagkakatiwalaang brand, as long as made in China, pare-pareho lang yan. Puro made not to last, but for you to buy again next year or next month or next week...  ;D
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline Dilbert7

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:

Madami na sa buong mundo either benefited or suffered from made in china... same as with everything else made else where - Laging mayroon pros and cons.  

Palagay ko, ito ang PROS ng made in china, their new submarine doing the maiden voyage in Asian waters this week ;D - sana madaling masira o palyado,

para di OT, equipped din yan ng sub-mARINE speakers  ;D

noon bata pa ako (parang kailan lang naman yun) walang alam bigkasin ang mga matatanda kungdi gamit na galing "state side", pangit daw yun galing japan kasi ang daling masira. yun "state side" kasi kadalasan surplus government issue (G.I. - as in sa G.I. Joe) na mga milspec kaya kahit dumaan sa giyera buo pa.

wala yan, nung bata pa ako  ;D (kailan din lang yon!)

Sa isang hardware store, naghahanap ang isang Japanese ng US-made tools. Siya namang pasok ng isang American, naghahanap ng Japanese-made tools!  ;D

Truth is, China can make good products - just pay for it.
They can also (as they usually do) make cheap products - just live with it!

If you are charged high with mediocre products, trust me, do not blame china - blame the product owner - they are the one who profited from the whole process!
« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2011 at 01:21 PM by Dilbert7 »