Author Topic: HOME 3DTV?  (Read 8283 times)

Offline ultimax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
HOME 3DTV?
« on: Jun 03, 2011 at 12:27 PM »
3D TV. Is it just a fad?, Is it just a gimmick? Is it the next generation home tv? Is it worth buying now? How much more will you spend for a complete 3d tv set-up? How about the availability of the 3d video software? Are there different formats of 3d? What are the say of the gamers about 3d gaming? How does different 3d glasses work? Will there be a NMT/media player 3d? Are there 3d video torrents? When will 3d without using 3d glasses be available in the market. Is it true that this is a "must have" technology?

Anyway to break the ice and to start the discussion, In my own personal opinion, it is just a gimmick and a ploy for these manufacturers to make more money. I bought a 3d dlp projector not because it's a 3d but because it was on sale . However, since I am using a 120" screen, I decided to gather more info for the heck of 3d. I found out that in my case I have to buy the 3d source, 3d software, 3d adaptor, and 3d glasses. Mmmm... for that amount I think its better to pay 250-300 to watch a 3d movie at the mall with huge screen occupying almost one's peripheral vision reacting to the 3d effects that is thrown at you....me popcorn pa! But that is just my opinion and I know that some pdvder's might not agree with me. Maybe there are more things that I should know and learn more specially now that stores are offering 50k for a 50"plasma 3d with 2 pairs of 3d glasses.  So what do you think and know?

Offline meat_eater

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: HOME 3DTV?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 03, 2011 at 12:33 PM »
IMO, I dont like 3d. I get dizzy. hehehehhe
Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline pentium4

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2011 at 01:19 PM »
same here

i believe it is indeed a fad.

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #3 on: Jun 03, 2011 at 01:28 PM »
It's cool to have it at home, but the cost is not reasonable as of yet, imagine a family of 6, you have to buy 4 additional 3d glasses for everyone to enjoy. Sadly based from our audition, not all of my kids liked it, buti na lang ;D kay a tama ka sir ultimax na mas ok pa manood sa IMAX once in a while at Kung sino Lang ang may gusto ;)

Offline gerardhamada

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 03, 2011 at 01:29 PM »
I would like it sana pero I wear glasses and its just irritating for me to watch 3d and using my glasses at the same time.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 03, 2011 at 01:55 PM »
So what do we do with Sports Illustrated Swimsuit 2011 3D Bluray and MKV?   ;D

Offline ultramanxp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 03, 2011 at 02:24 PM »
ang alam ko ay next in line sa technology stream ay 3d tvs na no need for 3d glasses. :)

Offline ultimax

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jun 03, 2011 at 06:21 PM »
Form www.moneysupermarket.com

The truth about 3D TV

Techno junkies just love buying the latest gizmo with the 'wow' factor and showing off to their friends and neighbours no matter what the cost. But even these enthusiasts should bear a few points in mind first before rushing to the shops, if only to avoid disappointing the kids.

For starters, 3D TVs are not TVs entirely dedicated to displaying 3D images; they're super-slim high-specification HDTVs with just another feature added on top. Thankfully, you can turn the 3D feature on and off, otherwise you'd probably end up with the mother of all headaches. But they do tend to need much higher refresh rates (240Hz compared to around 100Hz of a good quality digital TV), which effectively means you get a better picture in 2D whether or not you make the most of the 3D functionality.

Secondly, although we've moved on a long way from those naff cardboard throwaway glasses with the green and red lenses, glasses are still required to watch in 3D. And because most manufacturers have adopted 'active shutter' technology, which uses liquid crystal lenses alternatively going clear and dark to match the refresh rate of the TV screen, these glasses are not only expensive  but require their own power supply, too. And many are not compatible with other makes of TV.

Thirdly, the price you pay for being one of the first people to own a 3D TV (apart from the high price) is that there is comparatively little 3D content around yet, so there won't be much to show off to your neighbours. And if you want to watch 3D movies on DVD, you'll have to fork out a fortune on a dedicated 3D player.

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2607
« Reply #8 on: Jun 03, 2011 at 06:29 PM »
I would like it sana pero I wear glasses and its just irritating for me to watch 3d and using my glasses at the same time.

same here, di ko halos maenjoy manood ng movie in 3d
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline ultimax

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jun 05, 2011 at 05:44 AM »
To those who is interested in learning more about 3d tv check this out:

http://news.cnet.com/3d-tv-faq/#8

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 19, 2011 at 11:56 AM »
I got the chance to try hdtvs that convert 2d material into 3d and also a  3d set-up in which the blu-ray player and blu-ray source were 3d. the ones that convert 2ds into 3d cannot compare to the full 3d set-up in depth of images. the full 3d setup was more like cinema house 3d.

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 06:47 PM »
yes i was able to view some converted content and hindi talaga impression, its like the quality of the tagalog animation last xmas. but for those that were really intended to be 3D, its already impressive, though nakakahilo talaga.
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline Yunarce

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jul 22, 2011 at 10:59 AM »
We have just bought a Samsung 46D6600 and plus lng tlga ung 3D sa specs. Good if your watching a native 3D pero pag convert from 2D to 3D hindi maganda ung depth. Downside lang talaga ung glasses which cost around 4k - 5k a pair. If only mura lng ung glasses ok na sana. The only 3D content that i watched is Shrek 1-4 and i must say i am quite impressed with the 3D compared when watching 3D in a movie house IMO.

Offline Slaveknight

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Oct 30, 2011 at 08:29 AM »
its awesome to have, its pain in a money ass

its just better to watch 3d with a 3d content
Please vote me as a Super Reviewer click here at
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/user/id/918195855/