Author Topic: MNET Channel and International Reality Competition Singing Shows  (Read 239738 times)

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:MNET/Movie Magic on Destiny Cable: Discussions of programs
« Reply #60 on: Aug 18, 2003 at 12:07 AM »
I wasn't watching Alias on this channel, but I'm assuming last week's episode was the Season Finale? The show should be back for its new season in a few months.

Spiff, did you see the Idols special they aired mid-week, where they featured the contestants from all the different African countries who made the Top 100? Some were really bad, huh?  8)

inis nga ako... i missed the whole thing!!! luckily some of the worst ones can be seen/heard on the net!! i was bangin my head on the table when i suddenly remembered! aaaargh! and yes, ang sasagwa ng mga boses nila... (he he he he... kala mo naman kung sino akong expert... ;D)

oh well... at least tonight is wildcard night! and a special nomination AND eviction show for BBA! i am crossing my fingers for zama! go zama! go zama! ;)
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2003 at 12:09 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #61 on: Aug 18, 2003 at 08:03 PM »
i am crossing my fingers for zama! go zama! go zama!

GREAT "surprise twist" at the end of the show, huh? I was expecting it when I heard the voices of the Wild Card contestants - too many to cut down to two.

Personally, I think Zama gave the second best performance, but it's thisclose. My top four are:

1. Francisca
2. Zama
3. Khwezi
4. Andy

But I think one of them might be bumped by the female judge so she can add one more male contestant to the top 12 - probably Lwazi, since he sucked less.  ::)
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Aug 19, 2003 at 02:24 AM »
yeah! i thought francisca was veeerrry good. pero i'm such a huge believer in zama's talent. zama and francisca picked their songs very well....

i like andy too... she shows such character (and such BALLS for singing a ditty like "neverending story") ...but i read in post on the site na some people think they might not let her in because she was TOO WHITE? hwe??? isn't that craziest thing you've heard?  :-X

here's my picks:

1. zama
2. francisca
3. khwezi
4. kgomotso

but ur right due to the lack of testosterone on the top 12... they just might opt for a male contestant...  >:(
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2003 at 03:04 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Aug 19, 2003 at 11:24 AM »
i like andy too... but i read in post on the site na some people think they might not let her in because she was TOO WHITE? hwe??? isn't that craziest thing you've heard?  :-X

No. It's the Khweziest thing I ever heard.  ;D

I thought my 3 out of 4 was good, but I guess you're better at predictions.

I missed the show, though. No power. To think this was probably the one day I could've watched live, since it's QC Day so I have no work scheduled. Grr...
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2003 at 04:45 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Aug 19, 2003 at 09:27 PM »
No. It's the Khweziest thing I ever heard.  ;D

I thought my 3 out of 4 was good, but I guess you're better at predictions.

I missed the show, though. No power. To think this was probably the one day I could've watched live, since it's QC Day so I have no work scheduled. Grr...

LOL... i was shocked nga how spot on i was for that round... i'm usually not that lucky sa pagpili. (now if only i can apply this newfound luck sa lotto... ha ha ha.)

actually, i was torn between kgomotso and bonolo for that last place... but i went for kgomotso kasi i found it uncanny na kamukha nya si brandy (and zama looks like monica.. duet sila ng "boy is mine0". he he he.)... and that she chose such an "unconventional" song.  :P

i almost didn't catch the show rin nun sunday... destiny conked out sa area namin... it took them over 12 hours to fix it nag eh... so i called my cousin's friend and she was gracious enough to place the phone near the TV so i could hear the performances... pathetic 'no?  ::)

randall, as usual, was such an a*hole. he made the contestants wait until after the commercial break before he finally called out francisca's name! akala ko nga di sya matatawag eh! (of course i was clapping my hands hysterically nung tinawag yung name ni zama!)

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Aug 19, 2003 at 09:30 PM »
BTW did you notice MTV SEAsia is back!

as if we didn't have enough places that show music videos:

solar's sound track channel
mnet and mm's sound check
studio 23's myx
mtv pilipinas
channel v
plus the numerous TV shows that use music videos for fillers!

i could've lived without MTV SEAsia... sana series TV na lang.  :'(
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2003 at 09:31 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Aug 20, 2003 at 01:42 AM »
i called my cousin's friend and she was gracious enough to place the phone near the TV so i could hear the performances...

I stand corrected. Now THAT is the Khweziest thing I ever heard!  ;D

BTW did you notice MTV SEAsia is back!

Is it really MTV SE Asia? Looks more like MTV China to me. Not that I was a regular MTV SE Asia viewer, but when I did surf through that channel, it seemed to have a lot more English than this current version they're showing. Maybe I'm catching it at off-hours for English programming.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Aug 20, 2003 at 03:47 AM »
I stand corrected. Now THAT is the Khweziest thing I ever heard!  ;D

sama moooo! (actually i hesitated to ask her... pero i called in a favor... and luckily gising pa siya... it was fate. but for sure... that's the absolute last time i harass someone in the wee hours of the morning like that. may hiya pa naman ako no... ;D)

Is it really MTV SE Asia? Looks more like MTV China to me. Not that I was a regular MTV SE Asia viewer, but when I did surf through that channel, it seemed to have a lot more English than this current version they're showing. Maybe I'm catching it at off-hours for English programming.

ur right... i just passed it and parang MTV taiwan nga siya. even the english songs have chinese subtitles! mas lalo talagang convinced ako that i could've have lived without another music channel! i'm sure they got that due to the huge popularity of canto-pop these days.  ::)

Offline Don_Camote

• Collector
  • Have a good one!
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Aug 20, 2003 at 11:58 AM »
Somebody does not like these channels,,hmmm, wonder who?

Following is a quote from a column from Philstar.com dated today.

HIDDEN AGENDA By Mary Ann Ll. Reyes
The Philippine Star 08/20/2003

Will NTC act on signal pirates?

Cable TV operators are asking the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) to act decisively on signal pirates and implement existing laws on the carriage of content.

The issue of signal pirating came to fore after Destiny Cable allegedly started carrying channels pirated from a South African DTH (direct-to-home) service in the guise of a "test broadcast". Destiny began airing M-NET Variety, Movie Magic and Super Sports which are not licensed for carriage in the Philippines. The signals of the three channels are being picked up from DTH provider M-NET without the benefit of commercial programming arrangements.

The NTC has been trying to formulate rules that will put foreign program providers under its jurisdiction, just as cable is. However, it seems it has not done enough to implement existing rules, in particular, those against signal piracy that rob legitimate cable operators of revenues and market share.

There are also reports that Destiny was illegally downlinking MTV Asia too. That is why when MTV encrypted, Destiny was cut.

Let us just hope that NTC commissioner Armi Jane Borje will look into this matter seriously so she can prove to everyone that she is not favoring Destiny, especially after rumors have it that she once lawyered for Destiny?s broadband affiliate.
~~~~end of quote~~~~~

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Aug 20, 2003 at 01:34 PM »
give us a break will ya! *sigh*

i guess this is the reason m-net was suddenly pulled and replaced with a sports channel.  and how eurosport news is now suddenly just a color bar page!

i shall miss my idols, big brother aftrica, american dreams and others... syet!  >:(
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2003 at 08:03 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Aug 20, 2003 at 03:39 PM »
I stand corrected. Now THAT is the Khweziest thing I ever heard!

sama moooo!

Since I called you Khwezi, shouldn't that be "Zama moooo!"? :P

On the loss of the M-NET channels... well, I actually was expecting this. The only thing that actually gave me hope that these channels would last was that when you register at the M-NET web site (To access the Idols/BB Africa sites), the Philippines is included in the drop down list of countries. So I was crossing my fingers it was somehow authorized. Maybe they'll find a loophole somehow.

This is much like the time Sky lost the illegal ABC, CBS and Showtime/Comedy Central feeds they were carrying.

I'll miss Idols a bit. But that's about it.

Time to go back and watch all the DVDs I've bought that've been piling up on me since these channels started airing... ;D

But now what'll we talk about, Spiff?  ::)
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2003 at 05:06 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Aug 20, 2003 at 08:12 PM »
Since I called you Khwezi, shouldn't that be "Zama moooo!"? :P

LOL. ("zama" mo pa rin! LOL.) ;D

On the loss of the M-NET channels... well, I actually was expecting this. The only thing that actually gave me hope that these channels would last was that when you register at the M-NET web site (To access the Idols/BB Africa sites), the Philippines is included in the drop down list of countries. So I was crossing my fingers it was somehow authorized. Maybe they'll find a loophole somehow.

This is much like the time Sky lost the illegal ABC, CBS and Showtime/Comedy Central feeds they were carrying.

I'll miss Idols a bit. But that's about it.

Time to go back and watch all the DVDs I've bought that've been piling up on me since these channels started airing... ;D

But now what'll we talk about, Spiff?  ::)

as of this moment... lahat na sila color bars na! *sigh*

i feel sad that i won't be seeing those other shows. i can't say i wasn't completely expecting it din... but i didn't realiza that it would be gone so soon. wala pang isang buwan...  :-\

talk? well this effectively kills this thread. although we can still chat about the results as they are posted online... iba pa rin yung nakikita mo ang ACTUAL show on TV. darn.  :'(

wish ko lang october na... para makita ko na ang bagong OT... only that show show will make up for this... *hic* ... tragic loss...   :'( :-\

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Sep 26, 2003 at 03:26 PM »
wish ko october na... para makita ko na ang bagong OT...

May sched ka na ng OT?

BTW, Final 5 sina: Anke, Jacques, Nazneen, Posoletso at Wafeeq.

Wafeeq???  >:(

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Sep 26, 2003 at 03:34 PM »
May sched ka na ng OT?

BTW, Final 5 sina: Anke, Jacques, Nazneen, Posoletso at Wafeeq.

Wafeeq???  >:(

korek... i read the final 5 just this morning din... and i am amazed at how wafeeq made it this far.

i got wind that OT españa starts on the 29th of september then daily after that... pero despite my daily trips to the rtve website... wala akong makita sa sched!(not unusual dahil sobrang unreliable ng site nila!) i'll keep ya posted on the sched... it's going to start with a gala of 20 hopefuls... then trimmed down to 15 (chosen by judges) plus 1 (chosen by televote-sms).  i hope ok yung finalists... :o

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Sep 29, 2003 at 02:02 PM »

Este Lunes a las 22:00 empieza el programa más esperado y deseado de la temporada: Operación Triunfo Tercera Edición con nuevas clases, nuevos profes y nuevas estrellas!

sorry hankey! medyo short notice... still confirming what time TVE asia will air it... (if they ever will).
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2003 at 02:18 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Sep 29, 2003 at 02:16 PM »
hi hankey... didn't know how else to reach you but here... it's confirmed! 5:00 AM  tuesday (mamaya! yay!) is the premier gala of OT3! 20 hopefuls will vie for the 16 slots open at la academia! and the best part no more of that annoying professor: angel! ha ha ha!

(darn! i didn't know na last week pala yung regional finals ng eurojuniors. nice din sana mapanood yun.)
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2003 at 02:19 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
Thanks for the heads up. Not sure I'm gonna be watching this, since my Spanish is pretty bad, but I might try to catch the performance nights. Where can I find the sched for TVE?

Modifying the thread title...  :P
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2003 at 03:11 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Thanks for the heads up. Not sure I'm gonna be watching this, since my Spanish is pretty bad, but I might try to catch the performance nights. Where can I find the sched for TVE?

Modifying the thread title...  :P

it's not that hard... maraming filipino words na spanish yung origin. so you pick up a word or two and makukuha mo rin...

performance nights (or "gala" as they like to call it) is every tuesday at 5AM... dito rin ginagawa yung eviction and nominations. the daily 30-minute shows are tues to sat at 2AM. (yes... may daily show din on tuesdays... so tuesdays have 2 shows... the daily and the gala.) then a recap show on sunday mornings called "la semana" hosted by nina, the academy's headmistress. the schedule can viewed at www.rtve.es

tomorrow's show is also a gala... also known as gala 0. the twenty hopefuls will perform sans any prior instruction... 15 will be chosen by judges, 1 by the professors and another by the viewing audience. it's a long show... it usually ends around 7 or 8. para may time yung tao maka-vote. the spanish commercials are funny though... sana they still air the "donnetes" and the "blah blah" commercial. :P
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2003 at 06:56 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
Re:Reality Performance Shows: Operacion Triunfo, Fame Academy, Idols
« Reply #78 on: Sep 29, 2003 at 04:03 PM »
Looking at the schedule, it looks like they moved the daily show, and it will air at 3:25am-3:45am Philippine Time from Wednesdays-Saturdays?

I hope I don't like this show, or my VCR is in for another daily workout.

the twenty hopefuls will perform sans any prior instruction...

They receive no instructions prior to the first performance show? Ah, now my DVD of Fame Academy makes a bit more sense.  No wonder they really sucked in that, giving the teachers something to gripe about during the first week at the Academy.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Sep 29, 2003 at 04:12 PM »
Looking at the schedule, it looks like they moved the daily show, and it will air at 3:25am-3:45am Philippine Time from Wednesdays-Saturdays?

I hope I don't like this show, or my VCR is in for another daily workout.They receive no instructions prior to the first performance show? Ah, now my DVD of Fame Academy makes a bit more sense.  No wonder they really sucked in that, giving the teachers something to gripe about during the first week at the Academy.

yeah you're absolutely right... my bad. the daily show sched changes... depending on the sched of TVE... sometimes napre-pre-empt. so i make it a point to check the show sched weekly. plus minsan they start early or late... i'm usually on the tube by 3.  ;D

(i always get a kick when they show them during english class)

yah... last year the guys who sucked big time sa gala 0 turned out to be swans in the making... the girl who won... was not favored by the teachers nor the judges (i think she was nominated 4 times...) but she shone so bright sa gala 13 that on gala 14 (the last one! finals!) she got almost 50% of the tele-votes!

i still love listening to the gala 13 CD! ;D

yan nga lang request ko sa 'insan kong patungong madrid... the gala CDs... (he he... spoken like a true fanOTico.)
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2003 at 04:21 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Sep 29, 2003 at 04:19 PM »
Let me correct my earlier post:

Based on the current program showing, "La Botica De La Abuela" (10:10AM on the web site schedule grid, currently 4:10PM Philippine Time), I think the 22:00 gala might be at 4:00AM; and the daily shows ARE at 2:25AM after all.

Just so you don't miss it.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Sep 29, 2003 at 04:34 PM »
Let me correct my earlier post:

Based on the current program showing, "La Botica De La Abuela" (10:10AM on the web site schedule grid, currently 4:10PM Philippine Time), I think the 22:00 gala might be at 4:00AM; and the daily shows ARE at 2:25AM after all.

Just so you don't miss it.

thanks for the info, i'd hate to miss it... may daylight saving time din kasi sila... so maybe di pa in effect... can't wait...

(la botica de abuela... it's that herbal medicine show! he he he.)

sana mapanood mo rin... usually kasi when i go on rambling about this show... maraming di maka-relate.

i saw an ad sa GMA na may ganito na rin dito sa atin... "starstruck" ata yung pangalan... coming soon pa lang... ha! i doubt kung papatok... filipinos seem to always ham it up when there's a camera around. :P
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2003 at 07:33 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 07:00 AM »
kakatapos lang ng gala 0... i wonder kung may "la academia" na mamya (this is the 30 minute show where the headmistress nina gathers the "survivors" so that they can reflect on the just-finished gala and answer some sms messages sent by fans.)

shucks! la academia is starting! the kids are in the hall of the academy already!...  ::)

hope ya caught it... wondering what you thought about it...  :P
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2003 at 07:37 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 10:53 AM »
hope ya caught it... wondering what you thought about it...

I think... this is one reality show I can't discuss with you, sorry.

I didn't find the selected students talented enough for me to try to sit through the language barrier a second time.

I like Fame Academy since the students mainly sing contemporary/classical pop and rock tunes, with a few ballads thrown in for the less talented of the group. Operacion Triunfo already had me struggling with the never-heard Spanish tunes, and completely lost me by the time they had the huge guy singing "Why, why, why... Delilahhhh!!!"

Give me back Posoletso any time.
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2003 at 10:57 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 02:41 PM »
I think... this is one reality show I can't discuss with you, sorry.

I didn't find the selected students talented enough for me to try to sit through the language barrier a second time.

I like Fame Academy since the students mainly sing contemporary/classical pop and rock tunes, with a few ballads thrown in for the less talented of the group. Operacion Triunfo already had me struggling with the never-heard Spanish tunes, and completely lost me by the time they had the huge guy singing "Why, why, why... Delilahhhh!!!"

Give me back Posoletso any time.

aww... that's too bad. :( (actually, i felt the same way you did the first time i saw it... but i didn't write them off that quickly. as i kept on watching, the show just drew me in. i caught OT1 and OT2 sa gitna na rin myself BTW. i guess, it's really just an acquired taste. ;D)

i must admit the language thing is a bit difficult... but the spanish songs aren't half bad... in truth, i learned to appreciate them nga eh. ;) (true. some of them seem really ridiculous! but there are some pretty good ones din.)

the succeeding galas will definitely be better kasi the teachers will choose the songs instead. as for "delilah"... i was bawling in laughter while he was singing... di ko ma-gets kung bakit yun ang pinili nyang kanta! ha ha ha! ::)

what i find fascinating about this particular franchise is that they are not only drilled to "sing, sing and sing" but to be a total performers. they learn poise, interpretation, music theory, writing, style, etc. ... even acting! (tapos may psych sessions pa sila every week.) and i think that spells the difference when you watch them from this morning's gala to the finals. (yung winner last year ganyan din... frumpy "piyok-girl" sa start... later on ibang-iba na sya.) i would loved to see more of fame academy din... para ma compare just how differently the students are taught. kasi dun ako mas interesado. he he he.  the performance nights are just icing on the cake. :P

ako naman, personally, mas na-a-appreciate ko na hindi puro english songs ang pinapakanta (only 2 per gala). i mean after all, these kids are supposed to be "stars" in their own countries... so i find it better na they are taught to sing in their native tongue rather than belt out american top 40 hits or standards... kaya nga medyo na-disappoint ako na halos puro "english songs" din ang mga kinanta sa ating "star for a night". fortunately for fame academy though, english IS their mother tongue :-\
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2003 at 06:00 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Quidam

• Collector
  • "Will I ever have the courage of my imagination?"
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 04:51 PM »
So it was "la Academia" that I saw. I thought more than 2 hours ang Operacion triunfo since I already tuned in around 7:22 am at meron pa rin.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Sep 30, 2003 at 05:47 PM »
So it was "la Academia" that I saw. I thought more than 2 hours ang Operacion triunfo since I already tuned in around 7:22 am at meron pa rin.

it IS more than 2 hours... it started at exactly 4 and finished just after 6:30. there was a 20 minute feature shown (presumably to give them time to travel from the studio to the academy) then "la academia" was shown... boring pala unang la academia puro introductions... later on, as may natatangal ang may nano-nominate... maraming iyakan at awayan na dyan... he he he.  :P

the judges here are cruel... parang lahat sila simon black! they say stuff like... "you're not good enough."... "you didn't learn anything from the academy." ugh! it's terrible! good thing is they take turns: one judge is to one student... they don't all lambast you on one show.  ;D

i think the nomnation rules have changed a bit tho. carlos explained that kanina.  ::)

Offline acidburn

• Collector
  • Occasionally, I'm callous and strange.
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Oct 04, 2003 at 02:41 AM »
Been watching operacion  too (bad influence kasi si mr. hankey and jude  ;D ) I can't understand them but it's still fun watching. I really have to learn spanish one of these days.

too bad BBC world doesn't show fame academy. Anyone out there from UK who taped every episode of FA1?  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2003 at 02:48 AM by acidburn »
I wish I was lonely, Instead of just only...

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Oct 04, 2003 at 02:53 AM »
For the record... it's Fame Academy I got you hooked on.  ;D

The Idols Top 12 have released a CD! Spiff, know anyone going to South Africa so we can ask them to buy us copies?  ::)
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2003 at 02:53 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Quidam

• Collector
  • "Will I ever have the courage of my imagination?"
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Oct 04, 2003 at 04:02 AM »
I honestly think that the people at OT eat way too often. Every scene seems to segue into the mess hall to show them eating, hehehe.

Hey acid, gusto mo magsabay mag enroll sa Instituto Cervantes? It's not that much fun learning spanish thru a CD-rom  ???