Author Topic: MNET Channel and International Reality Competition Singing Shows  (Read 239569 times)

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Performance Reality Shows: Operacion Triunfo, Fame Academy, Idols
« Reply #210 on: Dec 28, 2003 at 01:19 PM »
The UK feed was also what aired in the US, hosted by ant and dec.

Marami paring buhok si guy.

ah... so wala pa rin talaga si ryan seacrest.  :-\

grabe nga! mahaba pa rin pala buhok nya! never trust those supermarket tabloids talaga! puro "press release"!   :o ;D

Offline acidburn

• Collector
  • Occasionally, I'm callous and strange.
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: Dec 28, 2003 at 07:40 PM »
OK just finished watching world idol. Here's a list of the songs they sang:

Will: 'Light My Fire' ,Kelly: 'You Make Me Feel Like A , Natural Woman' Ryan: 'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother', Guy: 'What A Wonderful World',Alex (Klaws): 'Maniac', Alex (Alicja Janosz): 'I Don't Know How to Love Him' ,Heinz: 'Don't Wanna Miss A Thing' ,Kurt: 'Hunting High and Low' , Jamai: 'Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word' ,Peter: 'Lithium' ,Diana: 'Ensani Ma Binsak'

I must say that i wouldn't be disappointed if Kelly Clarkson lost to Guy Sebastian. He may not look like a pop idol but his voice more than makes up for it i think. I don'tknow which one of them I want to root for. THey both should win.  ;D

Kelly Clarkson though is the most polished of all of them. I like her hat. Even if she doesn't win, She's already the biggest star of all of the world idol contestants and guy could use the exposure to the world stage.

I don't like will young. He's performance was boring and he's got a whiny voice. pang boy band I wouldn't like it if he wins. Of course since i watched the UK feed, the hosts and the judge's comments that were shown were a bit biased so i hated it even more when they were praising him.  ::)

Alex from poland has a great set of pipes but needs to learn how to control it i think. She's a bit hyper too.

Canadian Idol turned out to be like Survivor Pearl islands. Thye brought back the outcasts to compete again and one of them (Ryan Malcolm) ended up winning. I don't think he's all that. Kulang ng charisma.

They also showed clips from how the particular idol got to world idol before they sanf and from the little i heard, i think the guy that heinz the south african dude beat is better than he is and he only won because he looks good.

I still like Peter Evrard from Belgium. He's different. He's not pop, he's rock (even his looks are) and i'm really surprised he's in a POP idol contest. He won't win this but if he started a band, i'd buy his album. Rock rules!

Norway's Kurt is a great singer (and has a bit of a rock edge to him as well) but again does not have the look of a pop idol. I'm glad he beat the two pretty boys in his country's idol contest. I like him. He sounds like BONO from U2.  ;D He's Middle Earth Idol!

The judges were funny trying to outdo each other but the Canadian judge is coming off like an ass. He's not like Simon who adds humor to his criticism. Canadian judge sound like he's griping all the time and looking for every small thing to complain about.

In conclusion....(he he  parang term paper)

I really cannot decide between Kelly and Guy. Nothing but a tie would be justified.  Kelly will most probably win of course but her performance and that of Guy's were equally the best for me out of all the contestants. This means that second place for me would have to be Kurt. So if i had to rank them:

Kelly = Guy
Kurt
Peter
Alex
Ryan
Will
Jamai
Diana
Heinz
Alexander

EDITED TO ADD:

was rewatching the show and I found it disturbingly hilarious when flames came out during will's performance. And not only because of the 'flames'. But also because of the timing. "Come on baby light my fire" PFFFFFFFFFFF "..come on baby light my fire" PFFFFFFwoooFFFFFFF "..try to set the night on fire" PFFFFFFFT. incredibly ironic too because he wouldn't be able to light a match with that performance.

and i think ketchup guy from south africa is gayer than a cowboy in a cher concert.
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2003 at 09:11 PM by acidburn »
I wish I was lonely, Instead of just only...

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #212 on: Dec 30, 2003 at 08:10 PM »
My thoughts on World Idol:

sungit's right, Australia's Guy Sebastian is a really great singer. But although vocally I place him at par with Kelly Clarkson, as the judges pointed out, this is not a radio show, and Kelly has the more appealing package.

Kurt Nilsen has the same problem as Guy, only multiplied to the nth power. Dicko the Australian judge was right - Kurt does look like a Hobbit. So maybe the current Return of the King fever will work in his favor.  ;D

I don't think anyone else is even in the running.

The Polish Idol judge was just a complete dick. And not in a Dicko way. Just nasty comments which are prepared soundbites - no justification for them at all.

I'm glad the other judges an even some contestants told him just how idiotic he was.  8)
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2004 at 10:07 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Quak

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: Dec 31, 2003 at 04:06 AM »

EDITED TO ADD:

was rewatching the show and I found it disturbingly hilarious when flames came out during will's performance. And not only because of the 'flames'. But also because of the timing. "Come on baby light my fire" PFFFFFFFFFFF "..come on baby light my fire" PFFFFFFwoooFFFFFFF "..try to set the night on fire" PFFFFFFFT. incredibly ironic too because he wouldn't be able to light a match with that performance.

Lol, exactly the same effects as his Pop Idol concert performance

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: Jan 02, 2004 at 09:51 AM »
OMG!

World Idol results and total point scores:

[SPOILER: Highlight to read]

1. Kurt Nilsen (Norway) = 106

2. Kelly Clarkson (USA) = 97

3. Peter Evrard (Belgium) = 83

4. Heinz Winckler (South Africa) = 80

5. Will Young (UK) = 72

6. Ryan Malcolm (Canada) = 62

7. Guy Sebastian (Australia) = 56

8. Alex (Poland) = 55

9. TIED: Diana Karzon (Pan-Arabic) and Alexander Klaus (Germany) = 45

11. Jamai Loman (Netherlands) = 36

[/END SPOILER]

A well-deserved win, and I'm happy with the top 5.  :)

I just wish the 7th placer finished a bit better.
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2004 at 10:09 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline acidburn

• Collector
  • Occasionally, I'm callous and strange.
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: Jan 02, 2004 at 05:07 PM »
I would have preferred, 7th placer being in the top five and number 4 being lower. But i guess the prepubescent voters in america and other coountries who voted for looks skewed the vote.
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2004 at 05:07 PM by acidburn »
I wish I was lonely, Instead of just only...

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
Re: World Idol
« Reply #216 on: Jan 07, 2004 at 09:12 AM »
The look on Kelly Clarkson's face when she realized there was no way she was going to win: Priceless.

;D

Offline sungit

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm a level 5 vegan.
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: Jan 07, 2004 at 12:22 PM »
i thought guy would make it all the way. i mean that VOICE... geez. you guys should've heard him sing "Climb Every Mountain" and "When Doves Cry". unbelievable.

on the other hand though, kelly clarkson lost. bwahahahaha.

god i would've loved to see the show. one of the setbacks of being on holiday in manila  :P

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: Jan 07, 2004 at 09:27 PM »
to be fair... ALL of the contestant can carry a tune... (yes... even heinz!) here's my thoughts about the show (in no particular order):

alex (poland): during her "road to world idol" segment... i heard her sing anastacia's "one day in your life".. a song that would've been perfect for her voice. her energy woul've been just right for an uptempo song! i think the whole JCS-thing did NOT work to showcase her talent.

alex (germany): he was entirely wrong for "maniac" (what in bloody hell was he thinking??!!!)

guy (australia): yup sungit! i agree... this guy definitely has IT! in fact, in my book, he beats kelly for stage presence and charisma... but to be honest, i think he does have a limited vocal range (dun naman sya talo ni kelly.. :)). and yet inspite of this, he uses his voice well. i think if he chose a more contemporary song (perhaps from luther or maybe even boyzIImen) he might have fared better. (his vocal stylings remind me of shawn from boyzIImen).

heinz (africa): i didn't know josh charles was in this contest!? ;) (a pretty face that can carry a tune...nothing more. but then again, i've seen less talented singers than this guy sell millions of albums... just look at ricky martin. he he he. and HE has a grammy.)

peter (belguim): despite what everybody says... talagang pang-rock ang boses nya ...  and that's not necessarily a bad thing, but pete and simon are right... this is NOT the right place for him... :-\ (to be honest, one reason i think the finished in such a high position is because he stood up to the judges. this guy has B-A-L-L-S!! )

kelly (USA): definitely NOT at her best during this contest... i was a bit disappointed at her performance... she honestly didn't need to be in this contest, but i think she was a real sport about it. i think her consistent placing in the top 5 at each country who voted is a testament to her "universal appeal". and yes! she DOES shout on tone...but she gets away with it.

ryan (canada): this is my first time to hear this guy sing... and i have to say... he did improve a lot based on the audition tape. this guy will have a future in the industry... i think he just needs to a new image and new stylist.

will (UK): ok... i've never been a fan but i'll admit that he sings a decent tune. but beside vocal giants like guy and kelly (and maybe even ryan)... he just seems to fade into the background. i think the fact that people all around the world know who he is also helped him earn that spot on the top.

diana (pan-arabic): two words: celine dion... when celine recorded her first english-language album "unison", she hardly spoke a word of english (she had to learn to sing english phonetically for that one)... and look at her now... i think this girl has an amazing voice... if she wants to make it in the international music scene, she can... she just needs to learn to sing in english (or maybe even french... "merci").

jamai (holland): he's not really that talented... but at least hindi lumilihis boses nya. but with the right image and the right gimmick... who knows?

kurt (norway): what the best thing kurt did for this contest ... HE CHOSE THE RIGHT SONG! u2 songs have such a universal appeal! and "beautiful day" is so full of energy! it was a PERFECT song to end the night! voice-wise... he's VERY good (although i personally would not put him in guy or kelly's league), but like jamai he needs to work on how he's packaged. i think singing last also helped him a lot.

;)
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2004 at 01:35 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: World Idol
« Reply #219 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 01:17 AM »
The look on Kelly Clarkson's face when she realized there was no way she was going to win: Priceless.

;D

dunno if you guys have read this. but along the same page as this reply is this bit o' news:

KELLY RAN OUT WHEN KURT WON

so she wasn't a sport after all....  ::)

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #220 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 01:57 AM »
guys! i know it's a little late... but there will be a gala today to decide the fate of one of 6 finalists who did not win a spot in the top 3... at stake is a record contract...  the 6 who will be competing are:

MARIO, LETICIA, DAVINIA, NURIA, BEATRIZ and NOELIA

it's on at 3.50 AM... sorry, still idea when the gala eurovision will be. (if there will ever be one.)
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2004 at 01:59 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 03:05 AM »
alex (germany): he was entirely wrong for "maniac" (what in bloody hell was he thinking??!!!)

You can actually name someone who'd be right for "Maniac"?  ::)

KELLY RAN OUT WHEN KURT WON

so she wasn't a sport after all...

I hadn't seen that. Her face gave her away, but I still feel really bad for Kurt, since he was such a big Kelly fan. That was just rude of her.

You know, I think a major factor in his winning were Simon's comments on how ugly he was. You really felt for him, and he was the last person who performed, so those hurtful comments would linger in a viewer's mind immediately after the show. If I were voting, right then and there, I would've given him my sympathy vote, too.

guys! i know it's a little late... but there will be a gala today... at 3.50 AM.

I knew there was a reason I fell asleep by 9 last night and woke up at this ungodly hour.  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2004 at 03:06 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 03:38 AM »
You can actually name someone who'd be right for "Maniac"?  ::)I hadn't seen that. Her face gave her away, but I still feel really bad for Kurt, since he was such a big Kelly fan. That was just rude of her.

You know, I think a major factor in his winning were Simon's comments on how ugly he was. You really felt for him, and he was the last person who performed, so those hurtful comments would linger in a viewer's mind immediately after the show. If I were voting, right then and there, I would've given him my sympathy vote, too.I knew there was a reason I fell asleep by 9 last night and woke up at this ungodly hour.  ;D

um... donna summer? one of the minogue sisters? the cheeky girls? the masculados? ... i mean only someone who's cheesy enough can get away with a song like THAT!

your right. being last and those scathing comments about ugly people might've stuck... but from what i gather in some forums sometimes cowell's comments didn't make it on air in some countries. so... ::)

ha ha! buti ka pa... u'll watch it live... me? my timer's already set.

BTW, so sorry to hear that david (of fame academy) is putting an end to his singing/career. sayang! at least he'll still be writing (p.s. yes, i finished it tonight! it was so nice to see cat deely again. haven't seen her since her MTV europe days. hee hee! T.Y. ;D)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
Re: Operacion Triunfo/Fame Academy
« Reply #223 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 06:11 PM »
Nah, I also just set my timer and went back to sleep. Long day at work today. I think they were talking about some Gala Ganadores thing at the end of the show... did you catch when it would be?

So, what did you think of FA? Good performers? Did your bet win?  ;D

Do you prefer FA's voting system to that of OT? It gets a bit confusing, seeing how these shows are all similar, yet have slightly different methods of elimination. But giving the students the final choice of who to save seems more Survivor-like. You can conspire get rid of the biggest threat if you want.  8)
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2004 at 06:12 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 06:52 PM »
Nah, I also just set my timer and went back to sleep. Long day at work today. I think they were talking about some Gala Ganadores thing at the end of the show... did you catch when it would be?

So, what did you think of FA? Good performers? Did your bet win?  ;D

Do you prefer FA's voting system to that of OT? It gets a bit confusing, seeing how these shows are all similar, yet have slightly different methods of elimination. But giving the students the final choice of who to save seems more Survivor-like. You can conspire get rid of the biggest threat if you want.  8)

i was actually rooting for marli or ainslee at the beginning. pero i think david deserved it naman (although i'd be perfectly happy even if sinead took home the contract... in fact basta hwag lang si lemar!) david and sinead improved the most out of all the contestants...  ;D

the show is definitely not as BIG BUDGETED as Operacion Triunfo or Star Academy. it's low-key galas reminds me of OT mexico... but i like their set. it's nice, personal and cozy. ;D what i don't get is... bakit sila sila ang nagba-backup for each other? dapat hindi sila nagtipid duon and hired professionals for that. i mean they are being "bred" as solo stars... not backup singers. (ditch the male co-host and hire some dancers people!)

it's weird na yung "academy" is a mansion instead of an actual building. but it's refreshing naman. it's so.... Xavier School for Gifted Children!  :P

my biggest wonder is BAHKET nakapasok si malachie! he's so UNTALENTED!!! his voice even comes from his nose instead of his throat! BAD CHOICE! BAAAAAAAAD!

i liked the rest tho... lemar's voice reminds me of seal (but much, much weaker!). ainslee reminds me of travis frontman francis healy. (david is john hanna's long lost son and sinead is elizabeth macgovern's blonder sister!)  poor katie! she's the UK's answer to an "eternal nominada".

as for the rules... it's basically the same... the only difference is... when it comes down to the last two... the OT people are given another week to redeem themselves with a "dazzling performance"... sa fame academy wala nun... and because of that... mas preferred ko yun sa OT. (but your right tho... mas survivor like ang dating. pero i think the decision of who get's to stay should lie on the viewers and not each other. :))
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2004 at 02:38 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #225 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 07:03 PM »
congratulations to davinia who won the bonus 4th prize in this morning's gala 13.

davinia & miguel singing feelings
(awwww! don't they look nice?! sinagot na kaya siya ni davinia? ;))

oh yeah... as a twist to this year's competition... the 4th placer (divinia, in this case) will also have a chance to represent spain the ESC. the first eurovision gala is set on the 14th in spain (15th naman sa atin). and for a change, anyone can submit songs for consideration as spain's entry in the ESC. unlike in previous years when only established songwriters can submit entries.  :)
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2004 at 08:55 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #226 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 10:43 PM »
i was actually rooting for marli or ainslee at the beginning.

So were most of the people I know who've seen this show. You have good taste.  ;D

the show is definitely not as BIG BUDGETED as Operacion Triunfo or Star Academy. it's low-key galas reminds me of OT mexico...

Wait... you've actually seen Star Academy and OT Mexico? What channels are those on cable? Patapos na Operacao... I need a new weird foreign language show to watch.  8)

Anyway, if you think that's low budgeted, wait until you see FA2. They no longer have a venue for the weekly performance shows. They do them in that tiny hall they're always talking/singing in. The judges are on the stairs, and the place is fully packed with friends and relatives. No room for general audiences even! It's strange.

what i don't get is... bakit sila sila ang nagba-backup for each other?

I didn't even notice that on the show, but it became obvious to me when I saw the concert. It was sort of weird, specially when compared with the Pop Idol concert which had tons of dancers.

poor katie! she's the UK's answer to an "eternal nominada".

What's nice about Katie is between the show and the concert tour, she actually went from cute teen to hot babe! It was shocking to see her look that different.

It looks like Lemar has the most successful career. I always see his name on the British music charts. David's "retired" and Sinead, like Justin Guarini, was dropped by her label.

Last I heard, though, there will be no Fame Academy 3. The BBC has a new musical/reality show, where they will make a pop band and a rock band face-off. The UK's Pop Idol 3, though, will allegedly be more like OT/FA, with Big Brother-like daily footage.
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2004 at 10:51 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
American Idol on Star World
« Reply #227 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 11:12 PM »
World Idol and American Idol are coming to Star World!

There are station plugs on air already.  8)

World Idol will air on Saturday, January 24, 2004, 9:00PM-10:30PM. Reruns on January 25, 2:30AM and 1:30PM.

The World Idol Results Show will air on Saturday, January 31, 9:00PM-10:00PM, with reruns on February 1, 2:30AM and 2:00PM.

American Idol begins on Thursday, February 5, 9:00PM-11:00PM.
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2004 at 11:16 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re:American Idol on Star World
« Reply #228 on: Jan 09, 2004 at 02:42 AM »
World Idol and American Idol are coming to Star World!

There are station plugs on air already.  8)

World Idol will air on Saturday, January 24, 2004, 9:00PM-10:30PM. Reruns on January 25, 2:30AM and 1:30PM.

The World Idol Results Show will air on Saturday, January 31, 9:00PM-10:00PM, with reruns on February 1, 2:30AM and 2:00PM.

American Idol begins on Thursday, February 5, 9:00PM-11:00PM.

ooooh! this is good news... i wonder if they'll be airing the new season of american idol... ::)

i just finished watching the "american idol christmas" special... and i have 2 things to say: "where's justin?" and "kawawa naman si ruben".
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2004 at 03:11 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: Jan 09, 2004 at 03:10 AM »
So were most of the people I know who've seen this show. You have good taste.  ;D

thank you very much ;D... i thought these two showed a LOT of promise! sayang lang si marli kasi she looked crushed when she got evicted... si ainslee naman is quite a talented chap, only problem is i think he's a bit too much of a free spirit to even be part of the POP MILL. lamar is undoubtedly good... but he didn't need the "academy" to become a better singer. i think he was just using this show to launch a singing career.

Wait... you've actually seen Star Academy and OT Mexico? What channels are those on cable? Patapos na Operacao... I need a new weird foreign language show to watch.  8)

i saw bits and pieces of star academy and it's winner nolwenn when they aired the "eurobest special" on TVE... syempre panay palabas nila noon kasi spain won. ;) i saw OT mexico and it's very husky voiced ganadora: darina when OT espana had it's gala ganadores last last year. (i even saw bits of OT italia and FAMA brazil!).

Last I heard, though, there will be no Fame Academy 3. The BBC has a new musical/reality show, where they will make a pop band and a rock band face-off. The UK's Pop Idol 3, though, will allegedly be more like OT/FA, with Big Brother-like daily footage.

ah... so they might be following OT's footsteps... interesting... ::)

p.s. in case you are wondering how many franchises of OPERACION TRIUNFO/STAR ACADEMY there are, you can see it here.
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2004 at 03:15 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Quak

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: Jan 09, 2004 at 04:14 AM »
Where did it all start?

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: Jan 10, 2004 at 08:56 PM »
Where did it all start?

officially speaking... i think star academy started earlier, followed by operacion triunfo in a span of less than two months. it's a little shady on who exactly is a franchise of whom... but my guess is they hatched the ideas together... kasi if you watch the credits after galas... mostly spanish names ang nasa "realizacion".  :P

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: Jan 10, 2004 at 09:36 PM »
i just finished watching the "american idol christmas" special... "where's justin?"

I had the same question, considering he's featured on the jacket of the American Idol Christmas CD, and after being dropped by his label, I don't think he's very busy these days.  ::)

« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2004 at 09:36 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: Jan 12, 2004 at 07:53 PM »
Operacao Triunfo had its Grand Finals today. Strange, they didn't have a winner, they had THREE, read in random order. I couldn't make out what they were saying for sure, but I think there will be a special show next week, maybe to choose the Eurovision representative from the three.

Of course, it wouldn't be Operacao without the funny production numbers. One finalist sang Sexual Healing on a bed... with a dozen beautiful bedmates.  ;D

The winners were:

Francisco, Gonçalo and Sofia

I still can't figure out if they were actually judged for singing ability.  ::)
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2004 at 07:54 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: Jan 14, 2004 at 07:14 PM »
I had the same question, considering he's featured on the jacket of the American Idol Christmas CD, and after being dropped by his label, I don't think he's very busy these days.  ::)

LOL.  ;D

BTW, a quick reminder... tonight (or tomorrow morning) is the first "operacion eurovision"... (looks like TVE is not airing the dailies anymore... i haven't caught any. ) breaking tradition of 3 contestants... OT espana will be having 4 finalists tonight: vicente, ramon, miguel and davinia. each with 3 songs a piece. then it will be narrowed down by the jurados to two songs a piece. from the last 8 songs... people at home will vote for their choice. (unless the rules have changed again! sigh!) it starts at 5AM manila time. set those timers!!!  ;)

here are the individual "temas" for each contestant:

Vicente: "Se me va la vida", Veinte años más" and " Nadie como tú"

Ramón: "Para llenarme de ti", Todo vuelve a importar" and "Cuestión de alma"

Miguel: "Amor de madrugada", "Muéveme" and "Hoy te quiero más"

Davinia: "Mi obsesión", "Quiero tu amor" and "Cómo quieres que te quiera"
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2004 at 11:07 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: Jan 14, 2004 at 07:22 PM »
Operacao Triunfo had its Grand Finals today. Strange, they didn't have a winner, they had THREE, read in random order. I couldn't make out what they were saying for sure, but I think there will be a special show next week, maybe to choose the Eurovision representative from the three.

Of course, it wouldn't be Operacao without the funny production numbers. One finalist sang Sexual Healing on a bed... with a dozen beautiful bedmates.  ;D

The winners were:

Francisco, Gonçalo and Sofia

I still can't figure out if they were actually judged for singing ability.  ::)

ha ha ha! olé!  ;)

i guess this just means their debut album budget are all set on equal footing... which isn't at all bad. hmmm... this is will portugal's first time to use an OT winner for the ESC. this should be interesting... yung france kasi... they don't send the winners to the contest eh.  :(

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: Jan 19, 2004 at 10:17 PM »
Grr... due to the Destiny channel line-up shuffle, RTP has vanished again, so I don't know who won the right to represent Portugal in Eurovision.

I hope RTP comes back... Destiny, can you hear me?
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2004 at 10:18 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Jan 21, 2004 at 02:25 PM »
i'm a little bit confused.... tonight we were supposed to find out who and which song will represent spain in the eurovision contest... but a local TVE program advisory has announced that the actual decision will occur january 28 and not 21 as earlier anticipated. (even their website hasn't been updated! walang gala scheduled for the 28th!)

in any case, the gala will definitely push thru tonight, but there are speculations that instead of a finals, the 8 songs will be trimmed down to a final 4. weeeeird! i guess we'll just find out tonight kung sino nagsasabi ng totoo.

it is confirmed tho, that beth (last years representative) will be part of the final jury. :)

don't foget my fellow "fanOTicos" that the gala starts at 4.50 AM manila time... time to set those timers.  ;D

a lot of viewers feel that the decision last week was rigged... because the crowd-favorite song: mi obsession was eliminated by the jorados. this led to the massive "boo"-ing during the show! kawawa naman si davinia.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: Jan 21, 2004 at 02:37 PM »
he he he... have you guys read this? looks like there is life for cat deely after fame academy... she's being considered  to host this new show (which will replace the old "Song for Europe") called "making up your mind" (yes! from that old bucks fizz song that won ESC '81!) which will be tasked to choose britain's 2004 rep for the ESC this year. read more about it here.