Author Topic: Kaiboer H1073Plus Media Player  (Read 48834 times)

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: Kaiboer H1073Plus Media Player
« Reply #150 on: Aug 06, 2011 at 08:26 PM »
Hi! Newbie here, I just bought the H1073 at Powerwin last week.  I saw on this thread that you can buy the compatible wifi dongle at digitag -- can anyone tell me if it is easy enough to set up your network or can the people at digitag give you any pointers? :)

magkano dongle ba? If you are on 1073 chip, sa CDking meron yan. pero if you want to grab the micro wifi USB dongle, that's best.
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2012 at 05:09 AM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline crispy3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #151 on: Aug 08, 2011 at 10:14 AM »
I read it was about P500-P650. Sa Powerwin they had one @ P650 but hindi ata realtek ang brand pero sabi compatible daw.  Kaya gusto ko malaman if anyone has any experience on setting up their NMT to work on their network :D

Offline HD_Afficionado

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: Aug 10, 2011 at 12:07 AM »
Bought a 150M dongle for a friend's H1073 in Digitag. It worked well and it's easy enough to install. They have 2 models available, the 150M and 300M, both are can support WIFI-N router but 300M should run faster.

Price is about P650-P700.

Offline smoothtalker

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: Aug 21, 2011 at 01:53 AM »
kamusta yung speed nung dongle?

sa akin kasi binili ko yung 300mbps. pero laging kumokonek around 5-11mbps lang. nagsta stutter tuloy yung hd movies ko. di ko tuloy alam kung alin me problema.

pero yung mga pc ko na naka 300mbps na dongle, nakaka konek naman around 160-216mbps. same layo mula sa router.

Offline tinker

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: Sep 21, 2011 at 10:11 PM »
Hi Everyone my first post here. I have Kaiboar HD media player realtek H1073 +. Downloaded and installed latest firmware from their site now it boots but I have no control. RC no longer works and only button is the power button working. I am sure that there is a workaround for this but so far not found anyone able (or willing) to post a solution to my problem Can anyone here help????

Big thanks for reading this post.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: Sep 22, 2011 at 04:31 AM »
Hi Everyone my first post here. I have Kaiboar HD media player realtek H1073 +. Downloaded and installed latest firmware from their site now it boots but I have no control. RC no longer works and only button is the power button working. I am sure that there is a workaround for this but so far not found anyone able (or willing) to post a solution to my problem Can anyone here help????

Check if you have a reset button which is normally a small hole where you can stick a toothpick in. Hold that button for 5 seconds on power up and it should go to fw recovery to force read your USB containing your firmware
toy

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #156 on: Sep 23, 2011 at 01:42 AM »
kamusta yung speed nung dongle?

sa akin kasi binili ko yung 300mbps. pero laging kumokonek around 5-11mbps lang. nagsta stutter tuloy yung hd movies ko. di ko tuloy alam kung alin me problema.

pero yung mga pc ko na naka 300mbps na dongle, nakaka konek naman around 160-216mbps. same layo mula sa router.

Common misconception...

The reason for this is the media player has a 400-500Mhz processor. You cannot expect PC networking performance from such a slow chip.

Offline Jason_10

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • V6 24V
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #157 on: Oct 16, 2011 at 11:56 PM »
Tried back reading and followed the steps but I couldn't make the DTS MA or Dolby DD to appear in my Onkyo 606. Audio output of the 1073 is set to Raw. Tried testing all my movies, still no joy. Any other tips?
From chaos, comes clarity...

Offline Jason_10

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • V6 24V
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #158 on: Oct 17, 2011 at 11:58 PM »
Follow up question. I bought a Seagate 2TB installed and formatted for the H1073. I connected the NMT to my Mac and try to transfer the contents on my old 1TB using disk utility.

However it appears that the Kaiboer formatted the 2TB with 3 partitions. 1tb NTFS, 500gb EXT and less around 300 in FAT32. I couldn't seem to make us of around 900++GB's of space as get an error whenever I try to transfer media files to the last 2 partitions.

Is there a workaround on this? I tried formatting the 2TB from my Mac but when I open the "browse" folder, the HD is there but couldn't read the contents.

From chaos, comes clarity...

Offline Kikkoman

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Oct 19, 2011 at 06:23 PM »
I had this for more than a week na. My first NMT. No complaints with the playback and sounds. I'm totally enjoying this NMT experience which prod me to contemplate adding additional terabytes to my initial 2TB HD.

Went to digitag and bought the kaiboer 300 wifi dongle. I have very good wifi signal however when I try to connect the NMT to my network, testing ng testing lang ang lumalabas. Changed my router's encryption to WAP then WAP2, ganun pa din. Ganun ba talaga ang H1073 when it comes to wifi connectivity? I plan to use the unit sana to download torrent as well as stream music from my laptop to it.

I hope the NMT gurus can help me.

Offline Eddie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Oct 19, 2011 at 10:38 PM »
Went to digitag and bought the kaiboer 300 wifi dongle. I have very good wifi signal however when I try to connect the NMT to my network, testing ng testing lang ang lumalabas. Changed my router's encryption to WAP then WAP2, ganun pa din. Ganun ba talaga ang H1073 when it comes to wifi connectivity? I plan to use the unit sana to download torrent as well as stream music from my laptop to it.

I hope the NMT gurus can help me.

Have you tried taking off the encryption? Start with the simplest configuration then start adding encryption, etc.

Offline Kikkoman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: Oct 20, 2011 at 10:56 AM »
Have you tried taking off the encryption? Start with the simplest configuration then start adding encryption, etc.

Tried connecting after removing the security from my router. "Testing" ng "testing" pa rin ang lumalabas. My firmware is BL Apr 21 2011(26).

Hay naku. >:(

Offline Eddie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Oct 20, 2011 at 11:46 AM »
Tried connecting after removing the security from my router. "Testing" ng "testing" pa rin ang lumalabas. My firmware is BL Apr 21 2011(26).

Hay naku. >:(

How about mac filtering? If you can probably borrow a friend's router to test, that would be better.

Offline Kikkoman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Oct 21, 2011 at 11:41 PM »
Finally got it working... I bought a new wireless N router!  ;D

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Oct 22, 2011 at 01:00 PM »
Finally got it working... I bought a new wireless N router!  ;D
ayos! older routers are known to have weird security implementation sa WEP/WPA, TK
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2012 at 05:06 AM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline Eddie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Oct 22, 2011 at 05:07 PM »
Finally got it working... I bought a new wireless N router!  ;D

Grats :)

Offline Kikkoman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: Oct 26, 2011 at 09:20 PM »
Further tweaked my network by binding IP and mac addresses of my connected devices and making them permanent ip addresses. My only problem is that I can't access my media files on my laptop using the NMT as browser while I have no problem accessing the HDD of my NMT using my laptop. I'm using Win7 BTW. I don't know how to join the NMT to the homegroup or sa network lang talaga? Nakikita naman sa NMT ang laptop ko but whenever I click on it, I'm prompted for a username and PW. I use my account for the username and its PW kaya lang ayaw. Any ideas on how to go about it? Regarding using the NMT as BT downloader, suko na ako. Masyadong mabagal. Laptop na lang.

Aside from these networking probs, I'm still very satisfied and enjoying it as a player.  :)

Offline DVD-KiD!

• Collector
  • I'm a Newbie
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Nov 04, 2011 at 10:09 PM »
sa windows 7 open mo yung network and sharing center tapos look for the password protected sharing. Uncheck or disable mo para hindi na mag ask ng username and password so everytime i-access mo yung mga shared files sa laptop mo hindi na mag pop-up yun.

Offline HD_Afficionado

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Jan 08, 2012 at 05:02 AM »

Sir,
Na-resolve na ba problem mo? Have you tried changing batteries of the remote? One time, akala ko di nag-rerespond yung player, mahina lang pala battery.

Regards,
HD_Afficionado

Offline HD_Afficionado

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Jan 08, 2012 at 05:06 AM »
Tried back reading and followed the steps but I couldn't make the DTS MA or Dolby DD to appear in my Onkyo 606. Audio output of the 1073 is set to Raw. Tried testing all my movies, still no joy. Any other tips?

Sir,
Ano ang input na naka-connect sa AVR mo, HDMI ba or Coaxial/Optical. Kung may extra ka na Coaxial, you can try connecting the player to the AVR para ma-test lang if nagpa-passthru ng tama at kung made-detect ng AVR mo.

Regards,

Offline HD_Afficionado

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: Jan 08, 2012 at 05:14 AM »
Sir,
Baka may existing partition na yung hard disk mo kasi H1073 just formats the drive and do not create partitions. I have unused 2TB hard drives, try ko ginawa mo and see if I get the same result.

Normally, it can be fixed by repartitioning the hard disk. I just dont know how to do it in Mac but it can be done using a PC.

Follow up question. I bought a Seagate 2TB installed and formatted for the H1073. I connected the NMT to my Mac and try to transfer the contents on my old 1TB using disk utility.

However it appears that the Kaiboer formatted the 2TB with 3 partitions. 1tb NTFS, 500gb EXT and less around 300 in FAT32. I couldn't seem to make us of around 900++GB's of space as get an error whenever I try to transfer media files to the last 2 partitions.

Is there a workaround on this? I tried formatting the 2TB from my Mac but when I open the "browse" folder, the HD is there but couldn't read the contents.

Offline HD_Afficionado

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Jan 08, 2012 at 05:29 AM »

Dear All,

May bago nang version ng H1073. It is called H1073-III (3rd generation). It is also being marketed in China as K330i.

Basically its uses the same chipset pa rin (1073DD+). Only key difference is that it has a Bare SATA port and the SD slot in front was removed. It also does not have a hard switch at the back and it uses single color green LED in the front display.

Not sure if this available elsewhere, but am down to my last stock. New stocks will arrive early Feb but in limited quantity lang. Baka rin last batch na 'to. Just search my post in marketplace or PM me if you are interested.

According to the Kaiboer manufacturer, Realtek already stopped producing 1073 chips since they have newer chips available in the market.

Regards,
HD_Afficionado

Offline chichi715

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Apr 24, 2012 at 11:33 PM »
hi im confused if i should get this one or the h1055 plus. help naman po mga gurus... ano po ba ang mas ok?

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Apr 25, 2012 at 09:40 AM »
hi im confused if i should get this one or the h1055 plus. help naman po mga gurus... ano po ba ang mas ok?

Sir check mo processor, if gusto mo new generation ignore 1055 and 1073.
 While they play ok, pero if your budget permits invest ka na sa mga bagong units.  
R1055 and  R1073 have stopped production sa Realtek.
grab any R1185 - R1186 from Kaiboer
« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2012 at 09:41 AM by toys4geeks »
toy