Author Topic: Pinoy Fear Factor - South America  (Read 4581 times)

Offline allanmandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pinoy Fear Factor - South America
« on: Aug 01, 2008 at 11:35 PM »
Pinoy Fear Factor - South America

ABS-CBN is set to debut the local franchise of the popular show Fear Factor. To be hosted by Ryan Agoncillo, the local version will be called Pinoy Fear Factor, sticking to the station's tradition of appending the word "Pinoy" to the original title. The first season will be held in South America, where 12 contestants (6 men and 6 women from different walks of life) will face harsh climates, thrilling stunts and gross cuisines to vie for the top prize of 2-million pesos plus a house-and-lot worth 2.5-million pesos. Again, staying true to tradition, ABS-CBN has dubbed nicknames for the 12 soon-to-be revealed contestants, such as "The Basketball Hunk", "The Struggling Tondo Dad", "Flawless of Dagat-Dagatan", "Hot Momma", "Promding Veterninarian", "Papalicious Chef" and "Party Bombshell" among others. No date has yet been set for its airing debut.

source

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
Re: Pinoy Fear Factor - South America
« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2008 at 05:01 PM »
I don't get it--since when did Fear Factor turn into Survivor meets Big Brother? Why the need for stupid contestant descriptions? Oh wait, this is an ABS-CBN show...

Since the station usually dishes out crap, they'll probably find ways to include singing, dancing, donations to charity, and contrived drama in this retooled version, maybe even extend the series to 100 episodes plus a 24/7 faux "live" broadcast channel for an additional thousand bucks. I'm staying away.  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2008 at 05:04 PM by AshKetchum »

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2008 at 10:56 PM »
Saw the preview for this in ABS-CBN. I must say, I'm impressed. Production-wise, it looks at par with the US version since it's shot abroad (Argentina, I think)  and they probably used foreign cameras. I'm looking forward to this more than GMA's Survivor: Philippines. I do hope ABS-CBN won't murder this series with crappy charity challenges (nothing against charity, but if they really want to give, then do so privately).

Offline Fat Makoy

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Collector
  • I Love PINAS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 01:25 PM »
Saw the preview for this in ABS-CBN. I must say, I'm impressed. Production-wise, it looks at par with the US version since it's shot abroad (Argentina, I think)  and they probably used foreign cameras. I'm looking forward to this more than GMA's Survivor: Philippines. I do hope ABS-CBN won't murder this series with crappy charity challenges (nothing against charity, but if they really want to give, then do so privately).

hindi ba magkaiba yung fear factor and survivor? are you from abs-cbn? ngayun palang kasi air yung survivor: philippines and yet parang ayaw mo na agad? well if you're from abs then i would understand.  :D

peace bro.
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2008 at 01:26 PM by Slim Shady »
Bless d man if his heart & his land r 1, d 3 stars & a sun. - FM

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 03:05 PM »

hindi ba magkaiba yung fear factor and survivor? are you from abs-cbn? ngayun palang kasi air yung survivor: philippines and yet parang ayaw mo na agad? well if you're from abs then i would understand.  :D

peace bro.

You can't help compare the two. Come on now! And what's wrong with saying that I'm looking forward more to Pinoy Fear Factor than Survivor: Philippines. Eh mas gusto ko talaga ng Fear Factor eh, kesa Survivor. Is that a sin?  ::)

And no, FYI, I'm not from ABS-CBN. I'm from UP.

« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2008 at 03:06 PM by allanmandy »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 03:11 PM »
It's this tired and, frankly, idiotic network wars syndrome rearing its ugly head again. You just can't say one show from one network is better than the show from another network without getting dragged into this silly "kapuso ako" or "kapamilya ako" debate.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 03:23 PM »
Exactly! It's getting tiresome. Can't you say you like one show over a similar show in another network without being labeled an insider or a Kapuso or Kapamilya? It's just stupid.

And for the record, while I prefer ABS-CBN's entertainment shows, in the news department, it's GMA that I watch. Try branding that.

Oh, and while we're touching the Kapuso vs. Kapamilya subject, try visiting www.pep.ph and read through the comments section for each showbiz news article. It's a virtual sabunutan between the "kangusos" and the "kapangilyas"!

« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2008 at 03:28 PM by allanmandy »

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 03:35 PM »
It's this tired and, frankly, idiotic network wars syndrome rearing its ugly head again. You just can't say one show from one network is better than the show from another network without getting dragged into this silly "kapuso ako" or "kapamilya ako" debate.

Pre,

Pareho lang sila toxic. Bwiset din pag Christmas party. Pareho maingay at nagsasara ng kalye. Hehe...  :P >:(

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 03:38 PM »
Oo nga hirap tuloy umuwi pag may party. Although mas apektado ako pag ABS-CBN ang may party dahil mas traffic sa street namin, hehe.

Offline Fat Makoy

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Collector
  • I Love PINAS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 05:22 PM »
ey guys i never asked if you are kapuso or kapamilya. but allanmandy answered naman the question and that he's more on the fear factor viewing than the survivor. not to mention the versions.

and thanks allanmandy for the info that you are not from abs-cbn company.

peace mga bro.
Bless d man if his heart & his land r 1, d 3 stars & a sun. - FM

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 06:44 PM »
I don't get it--since when did Fear Factor turn into Survivor meets Big Brother? Why the need for stupid contestant descriptions? Oh wait, this is an ABS-CBN show...

Since the station usually dishes out crap, they'll probably find ways to include singing, dancing, donations to charity, and contrived drama in this retooled version, maybe even extend the series to 100 episodes plus a 24/7 faux "live" broadcast channel for an additional thousand bucks. I'm staying away.  ;D

hey, did I missed something about the fear factor franchise? when did it become a 30-day out of the country franchise?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #11 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 06:46 PM »
hey, did I missed something about the fear factor franchise? when did it become a 30-day out of the country franchise?

I'm guessing it happened on the same day the Survivor franchise became a daily telenovela.  ;)

;D
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 06:50 PM »
Also, 20-35 years old lang ang qualified? hmmm...katulad ng survivor philippines...artistahin looks lang siguro ang mga kasali...I guess both reality shows will rate just for the looks of the contestants and not for the franchise or the drama of the franchise...

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Nov 12, 2008 at 09:39 PM »
ibang-iba na talaga 'to sa fear factor na napapanood natin sa axn. at least 'yung survivor, in-extend lang. but this one, daming gimmicks! (could be good or not, depending on the viewers.)
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Nov 12, 2008 at 10:58 PM »
Also, 20-35 years old lang ang qualified? hmmm...katulad ng survivor philippines...artistahin looks lang siguro ang mga kasali...I guess both reality shows will rate just for the looks of the contestants and not for the franchise or the drama of the franchise...

;D Not very true. There's the 40+ kick-ass contestant named Mommy Zita. Then there's Marlon, Charisse, Cris, Rob who you might have bumped into before because they are so plain looking. Ditto those who already left the show. 

So if you compare both shows in terms of contestants' looks, nothing beats PFF coz theirs seem to have been plucked out of bikini open pageants. 

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Nov 13, 2008 at 12:33 AM »

Just ABS' answer to GMA's SURVIVOR PHILIPPINES. 'Nuff said.

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2570
« Reply #16 on: Nov 13, 2008 at 08:15 AM »
me celebrity pang kasali ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline ruth2art

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Nov 13, 2008 at 12:01 PM »
It's a virtual sabunutan between the "kangusos" and the "kapangilyas"!

Whoa!!
That's a very accurate description, bro! :D
"There is always, always, always something to be thankful for."

Offline jekoy

• DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Nov 19, 2008 at 10:27 PM »
how boring could this show be? do we really need to see an almost-real time eating challenge? this is not survivor and our version has totally eliminated fear factor's thrilling challenges. mas exciting pa 'yung ala-fear factor challenges ng eat bulaga, eh.
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline vajonesp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Nov 21, 2008 at 08:19 AM »

Tumpak ka dyan, nakakadismaya talaga pag minsan.

Offline butsoy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Nov 23, 2008 at 11:02 AM »
After the pilot episode last week, I never watched this show again. I find it really annoying, from the host, to the contestants. Do they really need to add drama in this show? Mas marami pa silang oras sa satsat kaysa sa challenges.

In short, this franchise sucks. Period. ::)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #21 on: Feb 18, 2009 at 10:42 PM »
I just caught part of the show for the first time tonight.

It's HILARIOUS! I saw a guy get eliminated, then the remaining contestants all... STARTED CRYING! Male and female alike!  ;D

I don't think they understand that on Fear Factor you WANT to see people get eliminated, so YOU can win the prize at the end!  ::)
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #22 on: Feb 18, 2009 at 10:46 PM »
wth? this show is still on? talk about stretching a 30-minute show to 3 months...  ::)

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #23 on: Feb 19, 2009 at 08:55 AM »
This show is a mess. I really just don't get it.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Feb 19, 2009 at 01:40 PM »
I tried watching this during the Christmas holiday break and I must say that it's totally LAME!

Puro satsat at dakdak. Ryan Agoncillo keeps explaining the rules and comments on just about everything. There's even more talk than the stunts themselves. Enough with the talking already and just do the f-ing stunts!!!

And why must there always be a love story in every show? So stupid!

I'm so ashamed to be the one that started this thread! Sayang talaga!