Author Topic: HD 3D Setup help  (Read 1046 times)

Offline edge21

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
HD 3D Setup help
« on: Dec 22, 2011 at 07:39 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm new here and I'm on the drawing board in setting up a basic theater room.

Planned setup as follows:

55" 3D smart led
any hdmi 3x 7.1ch 3D receiver
popcorn hour media player
2 floor standing front speakers
bookshelf type for the other speakers

inquiries:

1. Do I still need a 3D tv if I already have a 3D receiver?
2. Is the 3D experience better if I play a 3D .mkv file on the media player compared to playing a non-3D      .mkv file and just turning on the 3D option on the tv?

I still have tons of inquiries as I am new to the whole 3D genre, but I guess those two questions are gonna be my primary concerns before i push thru with my planned set up. I would appreciate some of your expert inputs regarding these matters. Thank you.

Offline firestorm

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Re: HD 3D Setup help
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2011 at 07:58 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm new here and I'm on the drawing board in setting up a basic theater room.

Planned setup as follows:

55" 3D smart led
any hdmi 3x 7.1ch 3D receiver
popcorn hour media player
2 floor standing front speakers
bookshelf type for the other speakers

inquiries:

1. Do I still need a 3D tv if I already have a 3D receiver?
2. Is the 3D experience better if I play a 3D .mkv file on the media player compared to playing a non-3D      .mkv file and just turning on the 3D option on the tv?

I still have tons of inquiries as I am new to the whole 3D genre, but I guess those two questions are gonna be my primary concerns before i push thru with my planned set up. I would appreciate some of your expert inputs regarding these matters. Thank you.

1. Yes you still need a 3D TV even if you have a 3D receiver. you could forgo a 3D receiver if you're just gonna be using your popcorn hour to play 3D mkv files. If wala ka pa receiver then this is moot already since all new receiver models support 3D.

2. Yes. The built in 2D to 3D converter is there because konti lang ang 3D content available now so you can still try your 2D files. It's not meant to replace true 3D source movies.

Offline edge21

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2011 at 08:12 PM »
Thanks for the quick response and my apologies for my inquiries, I posted it before I started reading the threads...
Anyway, any suggestions for a nice 3D tv brand at 55" the least and a 3D avr? of course the budget is a factor..

Aside from the infamous popcorn hour a210 (not sure), do you have any good contenders? thanks again.
Just pretty excited because I'm actually building my theatre room ground up...meaning I'd be able to put in as much acoustics to the room as I want.

Offline firestorm

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2011 at 08:49 PM »
Thanks for the quick response and my apologies for my inquiries, I posted it before I started reading the threads...
Anyway, any suggestions for a nice 3D tv brand at 55" the least and a 3D avr? of course the budget is a factor..

Aside from the infamous popcorn hour a210 (not sure), do you have any good contenders? thanks again.
Just pretty excited because I'm actually building my theatre room ground up...meaning I'd be able to put in as much acoustics to the room as I want.

For TV brands I think LG, Samsung and Sony have 55 and up 3D models available locally. For avr, the brands usually mentioned here are Denon, Onkyo and Yamaha.

Kung pasok naman sa budget I think good choice na yun popcorn a210 there are a lot of satisfied users here or just get the newer a300 mode.