Author Topic: 2ND GEN 3D TVs. LG spearheads the "PASSIVE" drive! ***AWESOME***  (Read 16455 times)

Offline roy128

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 2ND GEN 3D TVs. LG spearheads the "PASSIVE" drive! ***AWESOME***
« Reply #90 on: Sep 26, 2011 at 04:16 PM »
Any of you guys get backlight bleeding? Just got my tv yesterday and noticed na meron yung sakin.

Thanks

naku akala ko wala ng ganitong problem,sakit na ata talaga ng lg ito.

Offline bombie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Sep 26, 2011 at 04:49 PM »
got the 42lw5700, the 47inch model i tried with my 6feet viewing distance was too much. My eyes would run around to view side to side with the 47inch one. I would have bought the bigger model if it fit my viewing distance.

To htpc users that plan to play 3d Blu rays with powerdvd and tmt5 do the following
1) Skip the nvidia settings for changing to 1080p/24hz , 720p/60hz and 720p/50hz. Its really a hassle changing modes
2) In the 3D Display Configuration(within powerdvd and tmt5) select the Interleave one, the player will do the decoding instead of passing the decoding to the tv.
3) IMPORTANT: turn off Lg trumotion, it will have some tearing if you don't turn it off during 3d watching.

Congrats. How much did you get yours?

Just set the lcd to native 1080p/60hz as the default resolution, it will have overscan just press the ratio button and try Just Scan(might need to try the other options if this does not fit as well). As of the latest nvidia driver this is the option that works properly.

Note: 720p/60hz also directly works also and the tv is able to detect that a 3d signal is incoming, while 1080p/24hz has some audio sync problems this is mostly due to the player. But i prefer the above method since you only need to go to settings via remote and turn off trumotion when you want to watch 3d blu rays. Plus the 3d warning does not popup everytime a new video stream is loaded.

Offline kojie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Sep 26, 2011 at 06:01 PM »
Got if for 60k less the xbox. Inlcudes 4glasses and blu ray player. But ill sell the blu ray player as well.

Its from SNS

Offline bombie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Sep 26, 2011 at 08:08 PM »
Got if for 60k less the xbox. Inlcudes 4glasses and blu ray player. But ill sell the blu ray player as well.

Its from SNS

Thanks. So it's 60K lang at SNS without the xbox 360 (already have one). Might hang on to the bluray player though. Tried out a host of 3D tvs, both LEDs and plasmas, and I must say that LG's offering is the best and is the one easiest on the eyes. The ones with active glasses had too much crosstalks.

Offline kojie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Sep 26, 2011 at 09:08 PM »
Thanks. So it's 60K lang at SNS without the xbox 360 (already have one). Might hang on to the bluray player though. Tried out a host of 3D tvs, both LEDs and plasmas, and I must say that LG's offering is the best and is the one easiest on the eyes. The ones with active glasses had too much crosstalks.

I agree, plus most of my 3d viewers are gonna be children and i have read many reports from avsforum that switched to passive 3d from active 3d bec. Some kids cant handle 3d viewing from active 3d. Even some adults throw up after viewing a couple of vids. Plus glasses are really cheap.

Update: 9/29/2011

Updated to latest version of Powerdvd and TMT5. Did some testing Powerdvd > TMT5
Bitsreaming everything for Bluray ISO files works properly and 3d is much better. There where jagged edges from TMT5 in some clothes and scenes from How To Train Your Dragon (3d Blu ray). Upon switching to Powerdvd the jagged lines I previously noticed disappeared. Quality of the output between the 2 players are very far. I viewing the same scenes twice where I noticed the difference was most noticeable. Ill be testing the Avatar 3d later.
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2011 at 05:41 PM by kojie »

Offline toughthrone

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Nov 20, 2011 at 08:28 AM »
how much is a LG 47LW5700 nowadays?

Offline genesys

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Dec 30, 2011 at 05:50 AM »
how much is a LG 47LW5700 nowadays?

same question, and san po kaya pinakamura? and what freebies kasama?

Offline [joms]

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #97 on: Jan 09, 2012 at 06:17 AM »
How about te 57LW5700? magkano na ngayon?
Great minds discuss ideas. Small minds discuss people.