Author Topic: Philips LCD TV (42PFL7409/98) doesn't read Samsung DVD player (dvd-d530 hdmi)  (Read 1187 times)

Offline bflavi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hello gurus!

I am in a bit of a bind here. I connected my Samsung DVD player using an HDMI cable to my Philips TV (kindly refer to models in subject heading) but it gets the following errors. These errors come out when I keep repeating the procedure of turning everything off then turning it on again:

1. The TV screen comes out with a red screen. No sound whatsoever. Or:
2. The Samsung menu comes out, for just a couple of seconds, then screen turns to black.

I figured that maybe the TV needs a firmware update, so that I did and was able to succeed in doing so. I plugged in the Samsung dvd player again and the error is now this:

1. Samsung menu comes out for a couple of seconds, then turns to black, suddenly it comes to life, movie plays for just a couple of seconds with sound, then turns to black again.

Philips TV was bought in Singapore, Samsung DVD in the Philippines. I don't know if that matters but there it is.

Hope you can help. Thanks in advance!

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Try using other HDMI cable.

Or using RCA composite cable (use it first) and configure video output option in the DVD player and enable HDMI

Offline bflavi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
That makes sense! Maybe the configuration is incorrect. Ok sir I will try this! Thanks!

Try using other HDMI cable.

Or using RCA composite cable (use it first) and configure video output option in the DVD player and enable HDMI