Author Topic: Skyworth 42" 42E96 3D LED HD TV  (Read 52061 times)

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Skyworth 42" 42E96 3D LED HD TV
« Reply #30 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 07:59 PM »
Punts ka na sa s&s to audition this unit pre! judging by the specs and features, i think it's a good buy. May net connection naman yata sila sa shop so you can test the internet capabilities too.
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline DeathWing Phoenix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Jul 03, 2012 at 09:11 PM »
Punts ka na sa s&s to audition this unit pre! judging by the specs and features, i think it's a good buy. May net connection naman yata sila sa shop so you can test the internet capabilities too.

I really plan to.  They have a very competitive price for this model.  I plan to buy this TV in about 2 to 4 weeks time, depends on my cash flow, so I want to be sure of its capabilities.

Anyone who purchased this TV?  It's appreciated if you could share your comments.
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2012 at 09:20 PM by DeathWing Phoenix »

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jul 04, 2012 at 01:24 PM »
So ibig po ba sabihin nito ay pwede akong mag download ng mga Andriod apps gaya ng:

1.  Skype, siguro native to dahil may free webcam?  Maganda kasi makipag video chat pag malaki screen.
2.  Web browser that supports a version of flash which can be used for sites like youtube?
3.  Network browser so I can play my media files on my wireless network?

Nasubukan nyo na po ba ito sa TV na ito?  Ano nga po pala version ng Andriod nya?

Salamat po.

Sorry for sending wrong info. Android has no browser application (app), hence the Skyworth has no browser. You may check the web for other Anroid apps. Any Android apps can work for this Android Skyworth TV.  :D

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jul 04, 2012 at 03:48 PM »

Totoo po ba na may net connection sa SnS?  So pwede po ma test ung internet capabilities ng TV?

Offline joey_ed27

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Jul 05, 2012 at 10:25 AM »
I actually tried the 3d demo of this unit when I purchased my Samsung 40EH5000. 

I 5 yr old daugther loved it... and was actually forcing me to get this instead.  Kaso nga lang I guess 3d is not for me.  Nahilo ako :-[  But judging by how my daughter went infront of the tv to mimic touching the fish on the screen, Id say its a good buy.

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Jul 05, 2012 at 11:34 AM »
Totoo po ba na may net connection sa SnS?  So pwede po ma test ung internet capabilities ng TV?

Yes, we have wifi connection at the shop.  :D

Like Sights & Sounds on Facebook to get the latest deals and updates

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Jul 14, 2012 at 12:29 PM »
This review was made by 3wisemen composed of Carlo777, Mokong, and Tuang Ong. Taken from www.hello-pinoy.com

You’ll be within your rights to think that P44,990. for an LED TV is rather a good price. So when we tell you that this set has 3D and Smart functionality, you’ll probably start to wonder what’s the catch is with the Skyworth 42E96.

For those new to this brand name, let us explain Skyworth’s heritage. Skyworth is an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) company that supplied TV to other companies to resell or incorporate into another product using the reseller's brand name. Here in the Philippine, we have quite a number of branded TVs that are supplied by Skyworth. Skyworth therefore is a TV manufacturer that is engaged in researching, sales and distribution of consumer electronic, internet communication and security and protection products. Skyworth started distributing their own brand last February this year. Soon they will go full gear for aggressive ads and promo campaign. And so we say, WELCOME Skyworth! Join the fun for an exciting TV price war!

This Skyworth has abundant connectivity: 3 HDMI, 4 USB movie, Ethernet port, 5.1 optical out, subwoofer out, PC D-sub connectivity, component video, and composite video. It also includes a motion sensor for gaming. The specs include Full HD, light sensor that works to complement room ambience, smart device, and 120Hz 3D functionality.

The tuner quality excels displaying punchy color, but as usual there’s a touch of noise because of our country’s standard definition broadcasts which are still in analog signal conversion.

With a punchy Blu-ray like John Carter you’ll have few complaints: the images are vivid and color-balanced, skin tones are accurate, edges are cleanly drawn, black shade deliver plenty of information, and even fast motion remain detailed and composed.

Step down to DVD and the Skyworth proves satisfying at upscaling standard-def content. It delivers natural and convincing color, detail is high even on dark scenes. Again, there’s a picture noise but at minimum.

Switch to 3D John Carter 3D and we see passive eyeglass works well. It may not have as high definition as the active TV, but slight shortage of definition is a minor to complain. After all, 3D pictures are bright and colorful (not dim display as presented by the active eyeglasses). Depth is also decent and convincing. There’s a deep sense of black and minimal crosstalk, but fairly easy to the eyes.

The Skywoth provides 4 eyeglasses, and of course they are passive which provides more comfortable thanks to lighter glasses. With all these good specs, the 42E96 is an absolute bargain. It delivers tremendous performance considering its lowly price. There’s little to fault in this TV. We highly recommend it!

-------------------------------------

« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2012 at 12:44 PM by E-reply »

Offline triplex

• Collector
  • +A.M.D.G.+
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Jul 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM »
Hi sir vic, got this tv this afternoon and am exploring it as of the moment.  Just a few questions.. .

1. It came with a USB with some contents, tried plugging it though it seems it has no use.
2. Is there a firmware update? If there would be, would you be advising us? How can I update it?
3. Tried the wired connection to test the smart capabilities but it's not working . . .google, yahoo, etc. or maybe am doing something wrong.

Initial impressions, the review speaks for itself! Worth every piso!

Thanks again and more power sns!

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jul 16, 2012 at 11:40 AM »
Hi sir vic, got this tv this afternoon and am exploring it as of the moment.  Just a few questions.. .

1. It came with a USB with some contents, tried plugging it though it seems it has no use.
2. Is there a firmware update? If there would be, would you be advising us? How can I update it?
3. Tried the wired connection to test the smart capabilities but it's not working . . .google, yahoo, etc. or maybe am doing something wrong.

You can call Skyworth technical assistance hotline 555-1555.

The usb flash drive consists of game software, no movie inclusive.  :D

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jul 16, 2012 at 05:07 PM »

Hi Pare,

I am choosing between this brand and LG.

Few questions lang.

1. Pwede ba Skype dito? - kasi sabi with skype cam
2. If ever gumana na ung browser, can you view youtube videos?
3. Sabi rin Andriod OS daw sya, naka download and install kba ng android apps?
4. Nakakapag play kba ng mga media files over the network gaya ng mga files mo sa pc or nas?
5. Lastly, hows the tru motion and image quality for both 2d and 3d?

Thanks

Offline stockHT

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Jul 17, 2012 at 11:45 PM »
between this and pana's 42ST30 ?

which one is much better?
Blog and Vlog

http://tinyurl.com/YNTV-Vlog

VinylGrimes

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #41 on: Jul 18, 2012 at 09:38 AM »
between this and pana's 42ST30 ?

which one is much better?

I was with the review crew that looked at this unit. Though I was impressed that a little known TV was quite good, it still does not have the color reproduction and the deep black levels of the Panasonic.

« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2012 at 09:39 AM by Carlo777 »

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Jul 18, 2012 at 05:10 PM »
I was with the review crew that looked at this unit. Though I was impressed that a little known TV was quite good, it still does not have the color reproduction and the deep black levels of the Panasonic.

Hi,

Are you comparing the Skyworth 42E96 LED with a Panasonic Plasma?  How much is the Panasonic?

Offline stockHT

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Jul 18, 2012 at 11:14 PM »
Hi,

Are you comparing the Skyworth 42E96 LED with a Panasonic Plasma?  How much is the Panasonic?

pana 42st30 35k with two glasses at sns. bought last Monday there. side by side with Skyworth, the 3D of pana is much much awesome than the skyworth.
Blog and Vlog

VinylGrimes

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 09:36 AM »
Ano ba yan, naguguluhan na ako.

I plan to buy a 3d tv this Sat (2 days nlang) Skyworth sana, pero mas maganda ang pq nitong Panasonic, ang hindi ko lang gusto sa kanya is Plasma (power consumption in mind) at Active (medyo mahal ung glasses).

Iniisip ko tuloy na bilhin ko nlang ung Panasonic 42ET5 sa Amazon US, LED passive at around 800USD ipapadala ko nlang dito sa Pilipinas, kaya lang 1 month pa bago dumating.

Naguguluhan nako, Helllppppp. :-)

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 03:04 PM »
Ok, today I went to SNS, nandun ang Panasonic ST30, Skyworth e96 and LG 6200, Samsung.

2D, Picture Quality, for me LG was the clear winner, Panasonic then Skyworth. A bit of calibration with the Skyworth it almost looked like the LG and around the same level with the Panasonic one, maybe a little bit lower.  We should keep in mind that the Panasonic is a Plasma, whereas Skyworth and LG are LEDs so dapat na mas maganda ang picture quality ng Panasonic.

Now, with the 3D, some people might say that the Panasonic is better, this might be true, but with my experience, though the PQ is a bit better, its quite dark and eye straining (sumakit ulo ko pati na ung ulo ng taga SNS).  When we watched using the Skyworth hindi masyadong masakit sa mata at ung picture was very decent same with LG passive.

I want to watch 3D movies and play 3D games for long periods of time so ill go for the Skyworth or LG since its less eye straining with passive glasses.

Another thing is, Panasonic glasses costs 3,500 each whereas LG & Skyworth less than 500.

Now, power consumption, Plasmas consume more or less double that of an LED.

Price, Panasonic is 35k, Skyworth 40k, LG 53k.

Warranty, Panasonic 1 year, Skyworth 2 years, LG 53k 2 years?

Panasonic Plasma
   Pros: 2D/ 3D good PQ, Low Price
   Cons: 3D glasses - eyes training/ a bit dark and Expensive, High Power Consumption

LG LED
   Pros: Best PQ, Decent 3D, cheap glasses/ less eye straining, Low Power Consumption
   Cons: Expensive

Skyworth
   Pros: Decent 3D, cheap glasses/ less eye straining, Low Power Consumption, Price, Warranty
   Cons: PQ is not as good as Panasonic and LG but with some calibrations, it will be
      almost as good as the panasonic

Samsung was also there pero para skin pareho lang sila ng PQ ng Skyworth, pinaka mahal pati ang Samsung.

I have made up my mind and will buy the Skyworth TV tomorrow.
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2012 at 03:14 PM by DeathWing Phoenix »

Offline xgh0st12x

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 05:24 PM »
The 3D glasses of the panny are expensive mainly bec they are active 3d glasses and s and s carries only original ones. But arent 2 pairs of these glasses bundled with the purchase of the 42st30? That's what i got when i purchased mine for 35k a month ago.
Formerly SonOfKratos

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 05:42 PM »
The 3D glasses of the panny are expensive mainly bec they are active 3d glasses and s and s carries only original ones. But arent 2 pairs of these glasses bundled with the purchase of the 42st30? That's what i got when i purchased mine for 35k a month ago.

Yan ang worry ko sa active glasses, though people say it provides better quality images compared to passive, mahal sya, medyo madilim at masakit sa mata para skin.

Yes 2 are bundled, though I need at least 3.  5 to 6 would be ideal for the whole family.

How's the 2D and 3D performance as well as the power consumption?  How many hours per day do you use it?
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2012 at 05:50 PM by DeathWing Phoenix »

Offline xgh0st12x

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 07:06 PM »
I have to admit, that i have only watched 1 movie na 3d with it and played Uncharted 3 in 3d with it. i was very happy with the depth of the 3d images as well as the brightness levels. wala naman akong na experience na masakit sa mata. although 3D is always best views in extremely low lighting conditions.

Hour of use per day? varries. 4 on the average. sometimes higher, sometimes lower.
Power consumption? i pretty much use it now as much as i used my old Avision 42 inch LCD. Wala namang dramatic increase sa power bills. in fact di nga tumaas kuyente ko this month - prolly because malamig din ang panahon and bagong palinis yung Aircon ko. hehehe!

I keep my contrast level at 55 and my brightness at 50. dynamic viewing mode on, & eco mode off at all times.

pero if you mention that the quantity of 3d glasses is impt for you, then by all means go with the skyworth. I have seen this TV in action when i bought the panny 42st30, and it was something i would not have regreted buying if i were looking fo a 3d led at the time.

Pero coming from 4 LCD Tvs already, i thought that it was high time to try plasma... and i am very very happy with it.
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2012 at 07:11 PM by SonOfKratos »
Formerly SonOfKratos

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 07:14 PM »
Thanks for the info and i am considering it. 

Bahala na bukas :-)

Offline xgh0st12x

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 07:35 PM »
Goodluck! considering that youve narrowed it down to those 2 choices, im sure you wont be going home with any regrets, regardless of which of them you decide to go home with.  :D
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline stockHT

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Jul 21, 2012 at 12:14 AM »
Thanks for the info and i am considering it. 

Bahala na bukas :-)

sit goodluck on your purchase, Ako I am with my wife last monday we were there for about a little less than two hours just testing skyworth and st30. I went home with ST30 pero split decision talaga. very close. yung difference nya sobrang liit based sa mga testings ko.

Pero bottomline, paginuwi mo yung TV, isa na lang sya at you dont have the other tv to compare with, meaning kahit ano iuwi mo sobrang ganda ng PQ nya kapag wala ka ng pinagkukumparahan. mas maganda to better justify your purchase i compare mo sya side by side sa luma mong TV ang laki ng difference! hehehehe!!

I went home with PANA ST30 and yung mga hindi ko nagustuhan sa kanya VS skyworth e hindi ko na napapansin ngayon.

my daughter watched 3D IMAX under the sea at tahiti waves 3D numerous times and hindi nagsasawa. nagiinvite pa ng kalaro sa bahay just to watch the 3D.

One thing lang na pwede ko malagay na cons sa St30 ay mainit ang screen nya. pagdumaan ka sa harapan you would feel it.

i am not an expert in terms of flat panels, this is a review of a very satisfied consumer.
Blog and Vlog

VinylGrimes

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Jul 21, 2012 at 09:31 AM »
Thanks,  nasa SNS ako kahapon.  I purchased the Skyworth TV pero ung kasabay ko dun ung Panasonic Plasma ung binili nya.  Para skin, talagang close match sila.  Maganda ang picture quality ng Panasonic pero a few adjustments halos pumareho na rin si Skyworth.  Gusto sana si Plasma, ang pumigil skin is ung power consumption and price ng glasses.  Ang LG TV kasi dito sa sala nasa 8 to 10 hours ang gamit kaya gusto ko ng LED para less power consumption and more glasses para makapanood si Lolo, Lola, Wifey, ako at Baby ko.

Ngayon sya i dedeliver and i will compare picture quality with my existing 42 inch LG LD460.

Tama in a lot of ways, na kung ung Panasonic man ang nakuha ko, hindi rin ako mag sisisi kasi maliit lang talaga ung deciding factor.

I will post my observations etc on this TV after a few days/ weeks of use  :)

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Jul 21, 2012 at 12:34 PM »
Thank you all who purchase TV from Sights and Sounds. Congrats for getting awesome TVs!

Offline israelb

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Jul 22, 2012 at 01:39 PM »
Ako ay lalung nalito at dagdag pa ang ulan at di makapag byahe.  :(

Pero super thanks sa lahat ng input. Magagaling at helpful. :)

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Jul 24, 2012 at 03:01 PM »
Hi,

Specs (Clarifications)
    - LED
    - 3D
    - 60hz -> not 120hz as stated in the forums as i verified this calling Skyworth
    - Web Cam -> for games only, not a skype cam as stated in the forums
    - Internet -> wifi dongle sold separately, only web browsing, no flash so cannot
          load youtube videos etc
    - Smart TV -> only for playing games in the free 2GB usb drive
    - 4 Passive Glasses

Pros
   - decent picture quality in hd
   - decent picture quality in 3d
   - low power consumption
   - cheap glasses (P150 each accor to skyworth)

Cons
   - average to poor picture quality (cable tv)
   - slow interface like changing channel/ volume etc
   - can only play 3d sbs via usb not via media player or alike
   - though they say that the OS is based or build on android, you cannot use or
     download apps from the android market, i dont know if this will change on
     a software update which they still dont have at the time of this writing

I noticed backlight bleeding on the upper right, i guess chambahan nlang din at led
is prone to it, doesnt bother me much on ambient lighting only visible if room is dark
and scenes are dark.

Ok, for 40K, i get, an LED (low power consumption), 3DTV (with cheap glasses)
Internet Browser (without flash and Dongle sold separately), Smart TV by having Games
in the free usb with Webcam (webcam only for games not for skype)

All in all, I could say the purchase is fair, when comparing it to the 35k Panasonic plasma
and the 53K LG led.  Some have their pros and cons, i guess thats why some are cheaper and
some are more expensive than others.

Now, that you have an idea, I suggest you go to SNS and check it for yourself/ compare side
by side with other brands so you yourself can decide if its worth the price.
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2012 at 08:06 PM by DeathWing Phoenix »

Offline mokong_tao

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Jul 25, 2012 at 03:52 PM »
Wow thanks for the detailed info bro.  I was really tempted by the Android OS

Offline babyfaced1

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Jul 25, 2012 at 05:45 PM »
Thanks for the review deathwing. Am saving up for the skyworth also. Am leaning towards this because of the passive glasses. More people can enjoy the experience. :)

Question, what if the media player has 3d capabilities, will it play the 3d files fine or do you still need to play the file via usb? And its not 120hz?

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Jul 25, 2012 at 07:00 PM »
Thanks for the review deathwing. Am saving up for the skyworth also. Am leaning towards this because of the passive glasses. More people can enjoy the experience. :)

Question, what if the media player has 3d capabilities, will it play the 3d files fine or do you still need to play the file via usb? And its not 120hz?

"SBS/ TaB files" played using external devices such as media players will not work, i tried this with my PC, Home Theater, XBox 360 and WD Player hooked up on this TV.  However, according to Skyworth, it will play SBS/ TaB on USB storage devices directly hooked up to the TV, i can confirm this.

With regards to media player with 3D capability, i havent tried it yet.  Though Blu ray 3D from players such as PS3 should work, though i havent tested this yet as i have to buy a PS3 next month (the TV would be useless if it didnt).

Finally, 120hz, before buying this TV i was really glad that it had it, but when i looked closely at how it played media files, i had my doubts.  I asked the sales person from SM if it is 120hz and he said no its only 60hz, i did not believe him.  Then i asked the sales person from SNS if it really 120hz, and he said yes, so i asked where is the setting for turning it on and off, and he said there is none.

Ok, i looked at Skyworth e62 (i think was the brand) which is 120hz and there was clearly a difference and the model has a on/ off function for the 120hz.  Finally, to set aside all doubts, i called Skyworth directly at 555-1555 to ask if e96 is really 120hz, and they said NO, it is only 60hz.  Don't take my word for it, please call them.

All in all, i would still say its a fair buy. LED+3D for 40K, you decide :-)
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2012 at 07:03 PM by DeathWing Phoenix »

Offline triplex

• Collector
  • +A.M.D.G.+
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Jul 25, 2012 at 07:46 PM »
Sir, how did you you install the games from the USB. Checked mine and there's only one game when I hook up the camera.

Also tried using the web surfing via wired connection, pretty cool, though am not used to using the remote yet. Have you tried any wifi dongle? Bought a cheap wifi dongle and doesn't work when plugged in thru the USB port.

Also noticed the heat vs my previous LCD when watchin for long hours, you can feel the difference in room temp. cooler when using LED tv . . .thus cheaper power consumption.  My 32 LCD panny is 130w. Skyworth is only 110w.

Overall am happy with my purchase. 3d movie hunting mode since I only got a couple of sampler 3d short films.

Btw, was skeptic with its 3d mode at first since I heard you get dizzy. Parang batang na amaze when fish, water and butterflies pop out from your screen. Now you can just imagine my kids reactions. . . .
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2012 at 09:02 PM by triplex »