Author Topic: Xtreamer Elvira  (Read 61614 times)

Offline Ppoooh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Xtreamer Elvira
« on: May 27, 2012 at 06:18 AM »
Now, this is locally available and at budget price for a basic NMT (no network).

Hope some new owners would share their experiences/reviews/comments here. I would like to know how fast it scans the connected HDD (what size GB/TB) upon power on. Does this have jukebox and how fast does it load the pages/images (and when switching pages). As I would like to replace my outdated 1st gen NMT.

I really like the looks of this unit. Nice and clean simple lines. The menu looks nice and modern also.

Front of unit:
http://mediacenter-bg.com/english/catalog/product/gallery/id/9/image/24/

Rear of unit:
http://mediacenter-bg.com/english/catalog/product/gallery/id/9/image/25/

Am wondering what that EX-IR port at the back is for. I would also like to know what the remote looks like.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012 at 06:33 AM by Ppoooh »

Offline bongerds

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • audio enthusiast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 89
Re: Xtreamer Elvira
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012 at 08:08 AM »
i think that port is to extend the infrared sensor in case you will place the player inside cabinet or behind the TV.

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012 at 11:23 AM »
i think that port is to extend the infrared sensor in case you will place the player inside cabinet or behind the TV.

Kind of weird for this budget NMT to have. But not bad to have it thou. Is Xtreamer selling this as an accessory, or any 3rd party product would do?

Hope somebody got hold of the user manual for this.

Anybody know what specific chipset (1xx5DD) does this unit have? Am wondering also why they indicated 1xx5DD instead of being specific with the chipset. Are they planning to change the chipset to a higher one anytime soon? Better to have 1185 instead of 1055?

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012 at 10:38 PM »
Do we have any owners of this unit yet? Hope somebody would post their feedback on the performance of their unit here.

Is it true that it is also capable of playing 3D SBS?

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 02, 2012 at 11:59 AM »
What??? 2 seconds delay on the menus when using the remote?

See link:
http://www.google.com/translate?langpair=fr%7Cen&u=http://www.01net.com/fiche-produit/prise-main-12479/passerelle-pctv-xtreamer-elvira/

If true, not acceptable then.

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2012 at 04:47 PM »
This should be better than Kaiboer H1055 because of an optical out, which Kaiboer doesn't have and with the same chipset 1055.

But it seems that no one is buying this unit. Even the Xtreamer official forum have not a single post for Xtreamer Elvira. I doubt if this will sell. Might be better to get the Sidewinder 3 instead at more than twice the price. Or go for another brand.

Offline chris69ners

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • "If u shake it more than twice, ur playin with it"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #6 on: Aug 03, 2012 at 12:48 AM »
Which is a better buy for a basic all around media player, this Elvira or the Measy A1hd?
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2012 at 12:49 AM by chris69ners »
7.2 / Wharfe9 / HK245 / Sony 65X7500D / Philips5986 / Sony RackSys / DQ12x2 / Xtreamer Elvira

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Aug 03, 2012 at 08:09 PM »
Which is a better buy for a basic all around media player, this Elvira or the Measy A1hd?

Never had any of those. Performance wise, no idea.

On aesthetics, I prefer the Xtreamer Elvira. On Menus, GUIs, I prefer Elvira.  On chipset I prefer Elvira - Realtek 1055DD instead of Measy A1HD - Boxchip F10 (what is this???). Although have not seen the remote of the Elvira yet.

Price range is a bit close. Xtreamer Elvira might have firmware updates as compared to A1HD.

Haven't seen much review of the Elvira yet.

Offline chris69ners

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Aug 03, 2012 at 09:17 PM »
Never had any of those. Performance wise, no idea.

On aesthetics, I prefer the Xtreamer Elvira. On Menus, GUIs, I prefer Elvira.  On chipset I prefer Elvira - Realtek 1055DD instead of Measy A1HD - Boxchip F10 (what is this???). Although have not seen the remote of the Elvira yet.

Price range is a bit close. Xtreamer Elvira might have firmware updates as compared to A1HD.

Haven't seen much review of the Elvira yet.

Agree ako sir with all the things you said, everything seems to be better with the Elvira. Only the actual performance is the question since no actual feedback yet from a pdvd member.

I'll try to test one tom and if it plays good naman I might get one.  :)
7.2 / Wharfe9 / HK245 / Sony 65X7500D / Philips5986 / Sony RackSys / DQ12x2 / Xtreamer Elvira

Offline ravencreed

• Collector
  • DVD ENTHUSIAST
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Aug 04, 2012 at 09:00 PM »
This might help a little bit, though it is in thai...

http://www.mythpcthai.com/wp/?p=1117

Offline chris69ners

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Aug 07, 2012 at 12:22 AM »
Bought this one last sat, so far I'm happy with my purchase. Picture quality is quite good and it was able to play all my mkvs flawlessly. Boot up is quick and I'm quite surprised it has alot more options in this player compared to my previous gen1 wdtv. And according to the system menu, it supports firmware updates.  :D
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2012 at 12:29 AM by chris69ners »

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Aug 07, 2012 at 02:28 AM »
So how was the speed when moving the cursor, or selecting an item? As compared to WDTV Gen1, is it the same speed or faster/slower? I have a WDTV Gen 1 also (which I suppose is a little less than 1 second).

How about the speed of booting up Elvira with hard disk (internal/external) attached? WDTV Gen 1 is traditionally slow boot-up when connected to a hard disk, specially with over 800 movies.

It is good to have someone here with a actual unit to give feedback.

Offline chris69ners

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Aug 09, 2012 at 09:45 PM »
It's true there is a lag when you navigate on the main menu screen, approx about 1-2 secs to go up or down each item. But once your inside the sub menu, no more lag.

When turning on the unit with a 1tb ext hdd, main menu will appear after about 4-5 secs after the xtreamer loading screen. Then for example you select movies option, thumbnails automatically load up on the screen quite quickly. List mode makes it even quicker.

One thing that surprised me is the zoom option. You can actually adjust the horizontal and vertical size of the image in small increments until you get your desired picture size or when trying to eliminate the black horizontal bars (which I really hate) of a movie to maximize our wide screen TVs. I think most players only have fixed steps when adjusting this feature. My friends couldnt believe that the image they were watching was already zoomed in as there was almost no degradation in picture quality and the image was still very sharp and smooth as compared to my previous wdtv which made the picture quite grainy and soft when selecting zoom1 and made the image look like a bd ripped dvd movie.

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Aug 10, 2012 at 02:44 PM »
Thanks for your review/findings/experiences.

As the price of this had come down at my "suki" store, very affordable.

How's the mkv movies fast forward/rewind function and its skip increments? Hows the subtitle sizes, position, color, outline? Does this support internal HDD (and size)? Are you using internal or external HDD? How's the unit's temperature?

Hope that you would share more of your findings.

Offline 45caliber

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • BLACK GETTER
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #14 on: Aug 11, 2012 at 09:43 AM »
uhmm ask lang po.. saan po meron pinakamurang Elvira? and how much? cheapest na nakita ko ay 2200 sa listening megamall, meron pa ba mas mababa sa 2200? compare sa measy A1.. which is better? thanks..
Soul of Chogokin Collector
Samsung UE55KU6000/MED450S2X
Philips BDP-2500/Denon X520-BT
Wharfedale

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Aug 11, 2012 at 10:58 AM »
Lowest I've seen is php2,025.00 (promo cash only). Sa may Gilmore PC store (name withheld) iyon along Aurora Blvd. Make sure that you are a member of www.t*p*dpc.com just to be sure, so that they could give you the said price.

I don't have one. Am asking for more feedback still.

Offline milesg

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 10:16 AM »
Im selling mine for 1900 only, weeks ko pa lang nagagamit...i need kasi ng may network connection contact me 09162420652

Offline chris69ners

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 11:30 PM »
How's the mkv movies fast forward/rewind function and its skip increments? Hows the subtitle sizes, position, color, outline? Does this support internal HDD (and size)? Are you using internal or external HDD? How's the unit's temperature?

You can do quick skip during playback with the arrow buttons on remote. up-ff 30secs/right-ff 3mins/down back 1min/left-back 10secs. Fast forward button upto 32X. If you're looking for a specific scene you can go to menu then select GOTO to select exact chapter number or go directly to the exact time you want within the movie. If the file has subtitles, you can adjust the position, encoding, font, size, border size and color and font color. Unit does not support internal HDD and what Im using is an external HDD. The unit just feels slightly warm during use. Other extras would be pic adjustment (brightness/contrast/hue/saturation), last memory function, copy/delete files from HDDs (not sure on this yet but i saw the option on the menu), browser/search, audio button to select audio track, independent setting for optical and hdmi audio (pcm/multi channel), direct resolution adj button, preview function.

Hay dami, I can't remember na yung iba hehe..  :D

« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2012 at 03:55 AM by chris69ners »

Offline audioremixx

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 08:48 AM »
I'm interested po sa Extreamer Elvira, will buy this on sunday. thanks po sa mga feedback's niyo mga sir. :)
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM by audioremixx »

Offline babyfaced1

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Aug 19, 2012 at 09:37 PM »
Is it possible to add movie info for the movies? How is that done? :) thanks!

Offline babyfaced1

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Aug 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM »
Bought the elvira a couple of weeks back. Am really enjoying the unit. PQ is great, haven't really maximized the audio potential since its only hooked up to the tv.
The observations from the other users are true that scrolling in the home menu does have a few seconds of delay after pressing on the remote, but once you are in your movies/files directory, selecting and scrolling through your collection is faster.
And yup, the zoom function is great, you get to customize the amount of zoom you want to fill up your screen. Boot-up and scanning of the external hd takes about 10-15secs or so.
I have one negative observation though, i have been able to play all sorts of video formats smoothly but in some very few movie files (its either an .avi or mkv file) the unit reboots itself upon hitting play. Is this because of the way the move was encoded or its a problem with the unit? Any users experience this? most of the movies i play are 720p and from a 500gb external. The "problematic" files play fine on the laptop though.

btw has anyone tried upgrading their firmware? I came across this link
http://forum.xtreamer.net/page/index.html/_/latest-firmware-announcements/xtreamer-elvira-firmware-update-r253

Offline chris69ners

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Aug 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM »
In my case naman with some very few files the unit would freeze and the tv screen would turn blank and unit becomes unresponsive with the remote. I would have to unplug it for a few secs, replug it, then everything would be normal and the file starts to play normally.

Re the firmware, I think your link is the same as this one, http://xtreamer.net/downloads/xtreamer-elvira/elvira-firmware/evlira-firmware-ver-3-0-0.aspx This is version 3.0.0. I checked mine and its also the same.

http://xtreamer.net/downloads/xtreamer-elvira/elvira-firmware.aspx It describes ver 3.0.0 as the factory default firmware.

Have you checked the version on your unit?
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM by chris69ners »

Offline babyfaced1

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 11:08 AM »
My firmware is also 3.0.0. But it doesnt have the features mentioned in the link. Anyhow i wont be upgrading the fw pa naman.
My fear with the reboots on certain movie files...will that affect the external harddrive? Will it get corrupted or something?

Offline chris69ners

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 11:09 AM »
Di naman siguro ma corrupt yung hdd sir.

I tried doing the firmware update kanina and it worked!  :D

They should have changed the firmware version, all the said improvements under the release notes have been added na on my unit.  :) Maybe this might cure the bugs we have experienced.

Only downside is, still no improvement re main menu navigation lag.
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM by chris69ners »

Offline babyfaced1

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Aug 29, 2012 at 08:22 PM »
ok cool. i'll try to upgrade this week. hope it solves our problem nga. thanks!

Offline firestorm

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Sep 01, 2012 at 07:14 AM »
Hi, does the Elvira bitstream both Dolby True HD and DTS MA? Because sa Xtreamer site parang Dolby True HD lang yun nakasulat sa bitsteam.

Thanks.

Offline alfred

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #26 on: Sep 02, 2012 at 04:55 AM »
Bought an Elvira last night at G'hills, 2150 php at JC Solutions. This is to replace my WD Live as it does not read some of the files that are playable to other media players. After firing it up I found out it can't access my Seagate GoFlex 2 TB. Adaptor power was on but the small pilot light at the bottom of the HD won't lit. It works on USB flash memory and 340GB playing the 7GB Avengers with no problem. Before I left this morning I hook up my WD and everything was back to normal. Anything I can do about this, software upgrade?

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #27 on: Sep 02, 2012 at 05:00 AM »
Bought an Elvira last night at G'hills, 2150 php at JC Solutions. This is to replace my WD Live as it does not read some of the files that are playable to other media players. After firing it up I found out it can't access my Seagate GoFlex 2 TB. Adaptor power was on but the small pilot light at the bottom of the HD won't lit. It works on USB flash memory and 340GB playing the 7GB Avengers with no problem. Before I left this morning I hook up my WD and everything was back to normal. Anything I can do about this, software upgrade?

remove USB, plug 90% of the way, and pilot will light up.

seems it happens when you plug a USB 3.0 device to a USB 2.0 port or a usb 2.0 device into a USB host port.
toy

Offline alfred

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #28 on: Sep 02, 2012 at 06:18 AM »
That was fast. Tried that already, moved the plug mm by mm :). My GoFlex is a 2.0 usb only device. Thanks for the quick reply.

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #29 on: Sep 02, 2012 at 06:25 AM »
That was fast. Tried that already, moved the plug mm by mm :). My GoFlex is a 2.0 usb only device. Thanks for the quick reply.

so ayaw pa rin? eh teka, ano file system ng device mo? baka may filesystem mismatch si elvira at goflex. pero to the very least dapat mag ilaw yung device. No LED lights sa device, eh... physical connection ang problem mo
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2012 at 06:26 AM by toys4geeks »
toy